Calendars #5

Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts on
Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do
Monday to Sunday weeks.

Regional settings are set correctly.

Can you guys help?

TIA

Bill

0
oziebillNO (13)

I have the exact opposite problem, our week starts on a Monday but my
version of Publisher only starts on a Sunday !

I have tried all the settings but cannot change it, I am using Publisher
2002 (XP) and I would also love to know how to change this.

"OldBill" <oziebillNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts
> on Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do
> Monday to Sunday weeks.
>
> Regional settings are set correctly.
>
> Can you guys help?
>
> TIA
>
> Bill

0
zzz1221 (9)
1/4/2005 10:05:20 PM
Same here Keith. I too have my dates starting Sunday when I need Monday. Am
using XP Publisher 2003. Have found the article in the MS help regarding
regional settings. Have endured that all are correct, was one of the first
things I checked after taking delivery. Dates round the wrong way is slightly
annoying!

Will check Technet when I get to work but think the answer lies in an
unofficial chat room somewhere.

Is there anyone that can put us out of our misery?

"Keith" wrote:

> I have the exact opposite problem, our week starts on a Monday but my
> version of Publisher only starts on a Sunday !
>
> I have tried all the settings but cannot change it, I am using Publisher
> 2002 (XP) and I would also love to know how to change this.
>

> "OldBill" <oziebillNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts
> > on Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do
> > Monday to Sunday weeks.
> >
> > Regional settings are set correctly.
> >
> > Can you guys help?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Bill

Taken from another thread...
It appears that loading SP1 may help although did nothing for me.

Here are some templates for Calendars designed for Monday through Sunday as
opposed to the U.S. Sunday through Saturday standard:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011539601033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011371131033

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011539631033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011371131033

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011539591033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011371131033

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC011539611033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011371131033

"Pav." wrote:

> Same here Keith. I too have my dates starting Sunday when I need Monday. Am
> using XP Publisher 2003. Have found the article in the MS help regarding
> regional settings. Have endured that all are correct, was one of the first
> things I checked after taking delivery. Dates round the wrong way is slightly
> annoying!
>
> Will check Technet when I get to work but think the answer lies in an
> unofficial chat room somewhere.
>
> Is there anyone that can put us out of our misery?
>
> "Keith" wrote:
>
> > I have the exact opposite problem, our week starts on a Monday but my
> > version of Publisher only starts on a Sunday !
> >
> > I have tried all the settings but cannot change it, I am using Publisher
> > 2002 (XP) and I would also love to know how to change this.
> >

> > "OldBill" <oziebillNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts
> > > on Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do
> > > Monday to Sunday weeks.
> > >
> > > Regional settings are set correctly.
> > >
> > > Can you guys help?
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > Bill

0
Pav (10)
1/4/2005 11:35:03 PM
This KB article might help you:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/assistance/HP011543011033.aspx

I've had to go to Control Panel>Regional and Language Options and change to
English US (rather than Australian) and then customise to do dates the way
we do here. Seems to work for Publisher.

Not sure yet whether will upset other programs.

Seems to have upset the spell check here (but not in Word) - wants to
customize (not customise).

Perhaps you have yours set as English US and need to change to English UK?

Any further ideas welcome.

I should point out I'm using Office 2000 with Win XP Home.

HTH

Bill

"Keith" <zzz@DELETE.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have the exact opposite problem, our week starts on a Monday but my
>version of Publisher only starts on a Sunday !
>
> I have tried all the settings but cannot change it, I am using Publisher
> 2002 (XP) and I would also love to know how to change this.
>

> "OldBill" <oziebillNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts
>> on Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do
>> Monday to Sunday weeks.
>>
>> Regional settings are set correctly.
>>
>> Can you guys help?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Bill

0
oziebillNO (13)

Exchange 5.5 SMTP routing unauthorized mail
My server address has been listed by ORDB as an open relay. I have tested from a laptop with dialup internet with telnet. mail from:<spamtest 250 Sender <spamtest@domain.com> O mail to:<anybody@yahoo.com 250 Recipient <anybody@yahoo.com> O According to Microsoft documentation this should be rejected not OK There is no spamtest account on server. I did not authenticate I have guest account disabled. This is only server in Domain On Routing Tab "Reroute incoming mail (required for pop3/imap4 support)" is set and my 2 domains are both listed as "should be accep...

Automatic daily printing from Calendar?
I have been asked to find out if there is a way to set up a shared calendar to print off daily? I'm not really into writing code, so if there is a way I'd need some very clever and kind person to write it in the reply for me and tell me how to set up this automation. If it is not possible (which I suspect) anyone got any ideas on alternative methods, please? In news:1118152092.529209.46040@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, gill.webster@virgin.net <gill.webster@virgin.net> typed: > I have been asked to find out if there is a way to set up a shared > calendar to print off d...

set calendar coloring filters through VBA
I need to set de calendar coloring filters through vba. For outlook versions 2003 and later. I know this can be set manual, but i need it to be done by programming. I would like VBA for this if its not possible vbscript if not possible vb.net Automatic formatting is not exposed in the object model for Outlook 2003. It doesn't matter what language you plan to use. In Outlook 2007 you can use the CalendarView.AutoFormatRules collection to access the auto-formatting. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007. Reminder...

How can I set up a pop-up calendar for 2010 in Excel?
for MS Office Excel 2003 if you send me email, i can send you something to try. -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17F48E86-75A2-4B85-8EBE-904AB79CDA96@microsoft.com... > for MS Office Excel 2003 Hi Mary You can download one from this site :http://www.fontstuff.com/downloads/index.htm Take note that if you're not using MS Office Professional, you will need to download and install a file called MSCAL.ocx. See is notes at the buttom of the page. HTH John "Mary" <Mary@di...

Installing the Exchange Calendar Update tool
Hey guys and gals, Two items of conusion for me: 1. When running the Exchange Calendar update tool (I don't trust my users to even read my email), I have to have access to all users's mailboxes in order to adequately run the tool. Which group do I have to place myself into to do this, or which permission do I need to change. I am in both the Enterprise Admin and Domain Admin roles. This is for an SBS 2003 install. When I run the tool I get errors that mailboxes cannot be accessed. 2. The TZMove.exe tool, which is supposed to be downloaded, but not the installer, which also has ...

NDr EXHANGE 5.5
seen some suggestion, like DL however I am getting multiples persecond of every name possible. this makes impossible to create a DL to flush these. I need a direct registry parm to turn off the NDR. where do I look? There is no way to prevent generation of NDR to the sender. You can disable generation of notifications to admin in IMC props\Internet mail\Notifications. BJ Freeman wrote: > seen some suggestion, like DL > however I am getting multiples persecond of every name possible. > this makes impossible to create a DL to flush these. > > I need a direct registry parm ...

help with a formula #5

E5.5@w2k backup on non-exchange w2k
Hello, Experts! Ntbackup utility at non-exchange w2k server doesnt propose to backup exchange5.5 running at another w2k server. (both are AD controllers) What is the solution to make remote online (tape) backup? I'd like to know about MS tools/ways only, not third- party's. :(( Can't find in kb an article like "Perform Exchange NT Backup on Workstation" :)) Thanks in advance Yuriy "Yuriy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, Experts! > >Ntbackup utility at non-exchange w2k server doesnt propose >to backup exchange5.5 r...

Add months to custom calendar template
I've created a custom calendar template for Publisher 2007. The problem is that when I invoke the template under "New" the option to add months -- "Options" in the right-hand frame has disappeared. Thus, the ability to print more than one month no longer exists. Is this a defecit of the program or is there a solution such as adding the custom template to the main template location, rather than My Templates? Help? Thanks SE White Have you tried to open the publication without going through the "new" option? It will open as a template and the calendar optio...

Replacement for Calendar/Contacts Public Folders?
I own a Public Folders in our Exchange Server environment. Among other things, we have a folder of Contacts (customers) and a Calendar folder (vacations). I have been told by our Exchange IT people that they are developing a migration plan away from Public Folders since Microsoft keeps saying that they're going to drop them in some version of Exchange some day. So, my question is this: what is the replacement strategy for Contact and Calendar folders that integrated equally well with Outlook? Can SharePoint do this as well or better? It took a LONG time to get people to use the stu...

Undeliverable...554 5.7.1 URL/Phone Number Filter
When sending an email message, a user gets: Alert message says: A mail message was not sent due to a protocol error. 554 5.7.1 URL/Phone Number Filter - cyber.net.pk Sender receives this notification: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Receiver Name Here (E-mail) on 9/26/05 11:47 AM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=xxxxxx;l=xxxxx-xxxxxxxxx MSEXCH:IMS:xxxxx:xxxxx:xxxxx (xxxxx) 554 5.7.1 URL/Phone Number Filter - cyber.net.pk The Word file mentions a person's email address with cyber.net.pk as ...

Duplicate Calendar in Outlook Mailbox
Hi All, I have a customer who using Office 2007 and here is the issue: When she accept/setup the Calendar meeting, she gets an error : Responses to this meeting request will not be tallied because this meeting is not in your main Calendar Folder. Is this OK? When I check the Outlook, using the Folder List View, I can see two calendars in the Mailbox. I am guessing this is the cause of the error above. Can anyone can help me on this. Regards, AsHes Is she using Exchange server? Is it set as the default delivery location? (It needs to be.) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - O...

How Do I Make My Calendar seen on my 3 network computers?
I would like to have the calendar I create on my desktop to be seen as well on my laptop and vice versa. They are connected wirelessly through a router. Also, can I make changes on one and have it change on the other? Thank you so much. unless you have outlook 2007, the easiest way is one of the utilities here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-...

restore exchange 5.5 mailbox
Hi, I need to restore a mailbox from year 2002. At the time the Exchange 5.5 and Winnt backup were used, basically the database was backed up in Winnt. I know that Exchange 2000\2003 was introduced to get around the above problem but there maybe 3rd party software to do the above issue? I will be grateful for any information received. Mark Palmer. On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 06:13:06 -0800, "mark palmer - novice" <markpalmernovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > I need to restore a mailbox from year...

Exchange 5.5 Transaction logs
I had to do a recovery of an Exchange 5.5 priv.edb file from a full backup. This restored correctly. I ran the isinteg -patch tool and started up the IS. Everything looked fine. I then had to start restoring the incrementals. I did the first one and half way through the restore I had a bad sector on the tape and could not get the full restore to complete. I then ran isinteg again and started the IS. The transaction logs ran and partial incremental data was restored. I tried to restore the next incremental and I can start the IS but the edb.log file is looking for different transaction log then...

Calendar on monitor outside of conference room
We have monitors outside of our conference rooms displaying the Outlook calendars for the respective rooms so people can see whether a room is booked if they want to have an ad hoc meeting or to ensure they're at the correct room for a scheduled meeting. We use the weekly view as the most useful, but every Monday, someone has to go to the computer that drives the display and manually advance the week. Is there any method to do this automatically or programatically (such as a small script that would restart Outlook on Monday at 0100)? We are using Outlook 2007. BTW, I di...

Import Outlook Calendar
Hi, Is it possible to import an Outlook calendar into the CRM calendar? Thanks, Joe If you install the CRM Sales For Outlook (SFO) add-on, then you can make appointments in the Outlook client using the CRM Appointment button on the CRM SFO toolbar and the appointment will show up on your CRM calendar. There is no way to migrate Outlook-native appointments into CRM. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Joe Spenceley" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to import an Outlook calendar into the CRM calendar? > > Thanks, > Joe > > > ...

Applying Exchange Calendar Update Tool (KB930879)
OK I'm a bit confused here. In the documantation for the Exchange Calendar Update Tool (KB930879) it gives you a list of 5 scenarios in which you can apply changes. The first option is listed below. Option: Distribute the Outlook tool to each user, and then instruct users to update their own mailboxes. Pros: This option avoids the risks and limitations of running the Exchange tool. Cons: It is difficult to guarantee that all users will run the Outlook tool correctly and in a timely manner. Users who do not have Outlook will be unable to run the Outlook tool. An additional educational ef...

NT4 - Exchange 5.5
Hi I have Servers running NT4 SP6 + Exchange 5.5 SP4 I have Outlook 2000 & XP (2002) connecting to this servers and it is working fine Now I have Outlook 2003 trying to connect to these servers and it does not work @ all. I can connect to my exchange using telnet with the IP & Name. Outlook 2003 does resolve the server name but when I try to open outlook it tells me that the server is not available. Please HELP. W ...

Public Folder Calendar printing
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2003 in an MS Exchange 5.5 environment. One of my users posed the question of why they cannot print the daily view of a Public Folder calendar. The weekly view prints just fine but whenever, they (or even me, and I'm the owner) try to print a daily view, they get the following error message: "This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server administrator for assistance." I haven't been able to find anything in Outlook help, Technet or Slipstick. Anyone have any clue...

Migrating Groupwise 5.5 mail
I am not sure what I am missing. I have separate 2003 sp1 server with novell client and groupwise 525 client that I am using for the intermediary migration machine. I can run groupwise and get mail on the intermediary. I run Mailmmig.exe from the cd and attempt a one-step migration. Path to migration files c:\temp\1. I opt to migrate to my Exchange server, and the server/store are populated automatically through AD. When I press NEXT, I receive EXCHANGE SERVER MIGRATION WIZARD alert "The address book is unavailable. Check that the Microsoft Exchange Server is still available.&quo...

moving PDC/Exch5.5 from one machine to anogher (evt. upgrade to 2003?)
Hi All, we have a little NT4.0 sp6 server that is PDC and also runs Exchange 5.5. That server (1st) is pretty old, and the NT system is making some funny things, so I am thinking about reinstalling the server. For that purpose I have another server (2nd), which I installed with NT4.0 sp6, and made it BDC. What I have in my mind is to install Exchange 5.5 on that BDC (2nd) , somehow synchronise it with the PDC's Exchange 5.5, and then promote the BDC to PDC, and "promote" 2nd"'s Exchange to be a "primary exchange", and 2st's Exchange to be a secondary. A...

view another users calendar
how do i get into another users calendar They need to give you permissions to view it (either as a delegate or using folder permissions), then you use file, open, other users folder. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/otherusers.htm http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sharesubfolder.asp has instructions for giving folder permissions. If the folder is a default folder, you can use the open shared folders link or file, open. If it’s a subfolder, you need to add the mailbox to the profile. http://www.slipstick.com/exs/open_other_owa.asp shows how to open other users folders using ow...

Calendar two-column weekly view not present in Outlook 2007?
I read posts here that the two column weekly view of the calendar is gone as of Outlook 2007. Can anyone confirm? Why can I have the same view if I go to File - Print and select weekly, but not view on the screen? Makes me think it's in there somewhere and I'm missing it. Thanks. It's gone. The new overlay format did it in. If you need a view with large cells, see http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/2wk_cal/2wk_cal.htm If a week view comes back in the next version it will be something like the view in the video above. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself ...

Calendar used to plan meeings won't work after Aug 1?
When I am planning a meeting and add the people to my schedule tab I can see their schedules to assist in planning meetings....as it should be. The problem is that I can only see their schedules up to Aug 1. For a month now all schedules after Aug 1 turn to the slash lines indicating no calendar info. This is for everyone in the office...not just a few. This also happens from all computers in our office when viewing other's calendars...nothing after Aug. 1. Our IT guys have been trying to figure this out but haven't been successful. Any ideas? Thanks ...