Business Card query

I wish to produce my own business cards for a self catering flat with
details on one side and a picture on the other side.
So far I have produced the details and the photograph in Word but now want
to match the two sides so that when printed they coincide.
I wondered if Publisher has this facility.
Blair

0
Darrach1 (10)

What is on the right on the front will have to be on the left for side two.
Might do better with either two pages or two separate publications.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message
>I wish to produce my own business cards for a self catering flat with details
>on one side and a picture on the other side.
> So far I have produced the details and the photograph in Word but now want to
> match the two sides so that when printed they coincide.
> I wondered if Publisher has this facility.
> Blair

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/23/2006 7:04:56 PM
Blair wrote:
> I wish to produce my own business cards for a self catering flat with
> details on one side and a picture on the other side.
> So far I have produced the details and the photograph in Word but now want
> to match the two sides so that when printed they coincide.
> I wondered if Publisher has this facility.
> Blair

How about making one pub with two pages, side one (text)on page one,
side two (image) on page two, print odd pages, turn over stock,
re-insert, print even pages.

the stock is consistent from either side, spacing wise

jmho
0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
6/24/2006 3:15:58 AM
Thanks for your help with useful web sites but what I really want is a
programme that will repeat the card at a known interval which can be used
for copying each side. I have already created separate sheets for each side.
What I would like would be to create as many repeats on one A4 sheet as
possible as I probably will use photographic paper
Blair
"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> What is on the right on the front will have to be on the left for side
> two. Might do better with either two pages or two separate publications.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message
>>I wish to produce my own business cards for a self catering flat with
>>details on one side and a picture on the other side.
>> So far I have produced the details and the photograph in Word but now
>> want to match the two sides so that when printed they coincide.
>> I wondered if Publisher has this facility.
>> Blair

0
Darrach1 (10)
6/24/2006 3:54:25 PM
"Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Blair wrote:
>> I wish to produce my own business cards for a self catering flat with
>> details on one side and a picture on the other side.
>> So far I have produced the details and the photograph in Word but now
>> want to match the two sides so that when printed they coincide.
>> I wondered if Publisher has this facility.
>> Blair
>
> How about making one pub with two pages, side one (text)on page one, side
> two (image) on page two, print odd pages, turn over stock, re-insert,
> print even pages.
>
> the stock is consistent from either side, spacing wise
>
> jmho
I will be doing that but what I want to do is produce as many cards on a
sheet of A4  but of course they must match. So I wish to have a programme
which will space the cards the same both sides so that when printed they
coincide exactly
Blair

0
Darrach1 (10)
6/24/2006 3:59:27 PM
Publisher is ideal for doing this. At the print shops I've owned, I've
produced thousand of business cards (many of which were two sided and/or
foldover) and never used anything other than Publisher. To me, the key to
successful printing of business cards is to start with a blank sheet - DO
NOT USE WIZARDS OR TEMPLATES. If you are using preperfed card stock, then
you will have to position the card images to conform exactly to the
placement of the cards on the sheet which is quite easy to do. However, if
you are using full sheet card stock which isn't perfed, then you have more
flexibility. I'm not familiar with using A4 sheets, but with 8.5x11 inch
sheets you can get 10 cards per page in portrait mode and 12 cards per page
in landscape mode. There is no need to create a publication with two pages
or to create two publication with one page each. One page will work fine. If
you decide to print in landscape mode and assuming the cards are 2x3.5
inches (I know metric sizes will be slightly different) there are two ways
of doing this. The first is to set up the page size to that of two business
cards, i.e. 4x3.5. Use the top 2x3.5 inches for one side and on the other
create the back side - but here is the key - one of the card images must be
rotated 180�. You will also have to go into the printing options to specify
that multiple images should be printed on the same sheet. Set the gap to
zero and the top and side margins so that the set of images (all 12) will be
centered on the sheet. Centering is absolutely critical since you will print
the sheet to get one side and then flip the sheet over and also rotate it
180� to print the second side. The second and perhaps easier way is to use a
full sheet setup. On 8.5x11 card stock in landscape mode, you will have
three columns of cards by 4 cards deep. Create the front and back sides of
the cards. Position one image and then position the other image at the
bottom edge of the first image. Be sure to rotate the bottom image 180�.
Group those two images and then copy and paste so that you create 3 columns
x 4 rows. Once again make sure the entire set of cards is centered so that
all outside borders are equal. On 8.5 x 11 stock, that would be .25 inches
of scrap to be trimmed.  In the event you are using preperfed stock in
portrait mode, the procedure is the same, but make the image in the left
column all of side one and in the right column, all of side two. For this,
you do not rotate the image since the card stock is only being turned over
and not rotated. There are a number of ways to print cards, but I can assure
you that once you get used to what I've laid out, printing business cards
will be a breeze. Common in the printing industry is to print cards 4up,
i.e. use a strip of card stock 8.5 x 3.5 or two up = 4.25 x 3.5. Either one
of these also work well with the flip & turn method I've described. If you
can precut the card stock and if your printer will handle that size paper,
then that works fine.
--
Ron

> "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> Blair wrote:
>>> I wish to produce my own business cards for a self catering flat with
>>> details on one side and a picture on the other side.
>>> So far I have produced the details and the photograph in Word but now
>>> want to match the two sides so that when printed they coincide.
>>> I wondered if Publisher has this facility.
>>> Blair
>>
>> How about making one pub with two pages, side one (text)on page one, side
>> two (image) on page two, print odd pages, turn over stock, re-insert,
>> print even pages.
>>
>> the stock is consistent from either side, spacing wise
>>
>> jmho
> I will be doing that but what I want to do is produce as many cards on a
> sheet of A4  but of course they must match. So I wish to have a programme
> which will space the cards the same both sides so that when printed they
> coincide exactly
> Blair

0
drc023
6/24/2006 11:09:14 PM
Ron you have told me exactly what I wanted to know and all I have to do now
is read your instructions carefully and digest them. At the moment my mind
is reeling!!
I  hadn't thought of buying preperfed cards. I will investigate what is
available. Because the reverse side will be a photograph I thought I might
have to use photographic paper. I will investigate the quality of printing
on plain paper first.
Thanks again
Blair

"drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
> [...]
> stock and if your printer will handle that size paper, then that works
> fine.
> --
> Ron
>

> "Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> How about making one pub with two pages, side one (text)on page one,
>>> side
>>> two (image) on page two, print odd pages, turn over stock, re-insert,
>>> print even pages.
>>>
>>> the stock is consistent from either side, spacing wise
>>>
>>> jmho
>> I will be doing that but what I want to do is produce as many cards on a
>> sheet of A4  but of course they must match. So I wish to have a programme
>> which will space the cards the same both sides so that when printed they

0
Darrach1 (10)

That's what I said below :)

>> "Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message

>>> I will be doing that but what I want to do is produce as many cards on a
>>> sheet of A4  but of course they must match. So I wish to have a programme
>>> which will space the cards the same both sides so that when printed they
>>> coincide exactly
>>> Blair

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
6/25/2006 4:56:09 PM
> [...]
>>> is centered so that all outside borders are equal. On 8.5 x 11 stock,
>>> that would be .25 inches of scrap to be trimmed.  In the event you are
>>> using preperfed stock in portrait mode, the procedure is the same, but
>>> make the image in the left column all of side one and in the right
>>> column, all of side two. For this, you do not rotate the image since the
>>> card stock is only being turned over and not rotated. There are a number
>>> of ways to print cards, but I can assure you that once you get used to
>>> what I've laid out, printing business cards will be a breeze. Common in
>>> the printing industry is to print cards 4up, i.e. use a strip of card
>>> stock 8.5 x 3.5 or two up = 4.25 x 3.5. Either one of these also work
>>> well with the flip & turn method I've described. If you can precut the
>>> card stock and if your printer will handle that size paper, then that

Yes you are right Steve- but I didn't appreciate how I was going to match
the positions of the cards
Blair

0
Darrach1 (10)
6/25/2006 7:14:02 PM
I've now read your instructions and follow most of it but at the end I came
to the conclusion that you were dealing with a fold over business cards. I
may have misunderstood you.
I can't understand how on one sheet I can produce a card with both sides
used
> [...]

> stock and if your printer will handle that size paper, then that works
> fine.
> --
> Ron
>

> "Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> How about making one pub with two pages, side one (text)on page one,
>>> side
>>> two (image) on page two, print odd pages, turn over stock, re-insert,
>>> print even pages.
>>>
>>> the stock is consistent from either side, spacing wise
>>>
>>> jmho
>> I will be doing that but what I want to do is produce as many cards on a
>> sheet of A4  but of course they must match. So I wish to have a programme
>> which will space the cards the same both sides so that when printed they

0
Darrach1 (10)
6/26/2006 4:37:28 PM
The procedure is the same for single or fold over cards. Single cards are a
little more simple than foldover, but either is quite easy. One half is set
up for side one and the other half for side two. Run all the paper through
and reinsert it to print the reverse side. An easy way to see this is to
take a sheet of paper. Draw lines to divide the paper into sections. Do this
on both the front and back. On side 1, write down numbers, letters or
whatever in each box on the top half of the sheet only. This will be what
prints on side one of a business card. Do the same for the bottom half,
except use something different to represent what will be on the reverse side
of the card. Flip the paper over and do the same on that side so that if you
cut out a single card you would have side one and two printed. This will
also show you if one of the images should be rotated 180� from the other. In
the world of offset printing, this is a way to save money on plate making
costs since the same plate can be used for both sides. In the SOHO area,
cost of printing plates isn't an issue since you are using a laser or inkjet
printer, but it's sometimes easier to do it this way and it does help keep
file sizes down since the same page is being used to print both the front
and back of the cards. If you are still having trouble seeing how this is
done, send me a private email and I'll produce a sample setup that you can
try out.
--
Ron

> I've now read your instructions and follow most of it but at the end I
> came to the conclusion that you were dealing with a fold over business
> cards. I may have misunderstood you.
> I can't understand how on one sheet I can produce a card with both sides
> used
> Blair

0
drc023
6/28/2006 5:06:36 AM
I would like to have a sample setup but do not know your email address.
I sent one to your address on your message but it was returned

> The procedure is the same for single or fold over cards. Single cards are
> a little more simple than foldover, but either is quite easy. One half is
> set up for side one and the other half for side two. Run all the paper
> through and reinsert it to print the reverse side. An easy way to see this
> is to take a sheet of paper. Draw lines to divide the paper into sections.
> Do this on both the front and back. On side 1, write down numbers, letters
> or whatever in each box on the top half of the sheet only. This will be
> what prints on side one of a business card. Do the same for the bottom
> half, except use something different to represent what will be on the
> reverse side of the card. Flip the paper over and do the same on that side
> so that if you cut out a single card you would have side one and two
> printed. This will also show you if one of the images should be rotated
> 180� from the other. In the world of offset printing, this is a way to
> save money on plate making costs since the same plate can be used for both
> sides. In the SOHO area, cost of printing plates isn't an issue since you
> are using a laser or inkjet printer, but it's sometimes easier to do it
> this way and it does help keep file sizes down since the same page is
> being used to print both the front and back of the cards. If you are still
> having trouble seeing how this is done, send me a private email and I'll
> produce a sample setup that you can try out.
> --
> Ron
>
> "Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message
>> I've now read your instructions and follow most of it but at the end I
>> came to the conclusion that you were dealing with a fold over business
>> cards. I may have misunderstood you.
>> I can't understand how on one sheet I can produce a card with both sides
>> used
>> Blair

0
Darrach1 (10)
6/28/2006 9:15:39 PM
Sending an email privately to another person in a newsgroup without being
given approval first is bad etiquette. Some people charge for private
answers, some just hit the delete key.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

>I would like to have a sample setup but do not know your email address.
> I sent one to your address on your message but it was returned
> Blair
>
> "drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
>> The procedure is the same for single or fold over cards. Single cards are
>> a little more simple than foldover, but either is quite easy. One half is
>> set up for side one and the other half for side two. Run all the paper
>> through and reinsert it to print the reverse side. An easy way to see
>> this is to take a sheet of paper. Draw lines to divide the paper into
>> sections. Do this on both the front and back. On side 1, write down
>> numbers, letters or whatever in each box on the top half of the sheet
>> only. This will be what prints on side one of a business card. Do the
>> same for the bottom half, except use something different to represent
>> what will be on the reverse side of the card. Flip the paper over and do
>> the same on that side so that if you cut out a single card you would have
>> side one and two printed. This will also show you if one of the images
>> should be rotated 180� from the other. In the world of offset printing,
>> this is a way to save money on plate making costs since the same plate
>> can be used for both sides. In the SOHO area, cost of printing plates
>> isn't an issue since you are using a laser or inkjet printer, but it's
>> sometimes easier to do it this way and it does help keep file sizes down
>> since the same page is being used to print both the front and back of the
>> cards. If you are still having trouble seeing how this is done, send me a
>> private email and I'll produce a sample setup that you can try out.
>> --
>> Ron
>>
>> "Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> I've now read your instructions and follow most of it but at the end I
>>> came to the conclusion that you were dealing with a fold over business
>>> cards. I may have misunderstood you.
>>> I can't understand how on one sheet I can produce a card with both sides
>>> used
>>> Blair

0
jl_paules (2767)
6/28/2006 9:45:25 PM
You really ought to read before you write. From Ron's post "If you are still
having trouble seeing how this is done, send me a private email and I'll
produce a sample setup that you can try out."

DavidF

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> Sending an email privately to another person in a newsgroup without being
> given approval first is bad etiquette. Some people charge for private
> answers, some just hit the delete key.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message
>>I would like to have a sample setup but do not know your email address.
>> I sent one to your address on your message but it was returned
>> Blair
>>
>> "drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
>>> The procedure is the same for single or fold over cards. Single cards
>>> are a little more simple than foldover, but either is quite easy. One
>>> half is set up for side one and the other half for side two. Run all the
>>> paper through and reinsert it to print the reverse side. An easy way to
>>> see this is to take a sheet of paper. Draw lines to divide the paper
>>> into sections. Do this on both the front and back. On side 1, write down
>>> numbers, letters or whatever in each box on the top half of the sheet
>>> only. This will be what prints on side one of a business card. Do the
>>> same for the bottom half, except use something different to represent
>>> what will be on the reverse side of the card. Flip the paper over and do
>>> the same on that side so that if you cut out a single card you would
>>> have side one and two printed. This will also show you if one of the
>>> images should be rotated 180� from the other. In the world of offset
>>> printing, this is a way to save money on plate making costs since the
>>> same plate can be used for both sides. In the SOHO area, cost of
>>> printing plates isn't an issue since you are using a laser or inkjet
>>> printer, but it's sometimes easier to do it this way and it does help
>>> keep file sizes down since the same page is being used to print both the
>>> front and back of the cards. If you are still having trouble seeing how
>>> this is done, send me a private email and I'll produce a sample setup
>>> that you can try out.
>>> --
>>> Ron
>>>
>>> "Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message

0
Nope8657 (939)
6/28/2006 11:06:45 PM
You're right. I didn't see that buried all the way down at the bottom.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
> You really ought to read before you write. From Ron's post "If you are
> still having trouble seeing how this is done, send me a private email and
> I'll produce a sample setup that you can try out."
>
> DavidF
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>> Sending an email privately to another person in a newsgroup without being
>> given approval first is bad etiquette. Some people charge for private
>> answers, some just hit the delete key.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message
>>>I would like to have a sample setup but do not know your email address.
>>> I sent one to your address on your message but it was returned
>>> Blair
>>>
>>> "drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message

0
jl_paules (2767)
6/28/2006 11:34:37 PM
JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> Sending an email privately to another person in a newsgroup without being
> given approval first is bad etiquette. Some people charge for private
> answers, some just hit the delete key.

I'm sorry but no matter, I gave him(?) the answer in two sentences way
back when... geeze if you can't do it, send me 500 clams and I'll do it
for you.

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
6/29/2006 2:26:08 AM
There are numerous ways to accomplish what he wants to do, but explaining it
is difficult without demonstrating how it's done. While the procedure is
very simple, the concept may not be unless it's presented graphically.
Remember, A picture is worth a thousand words. I often loose patience with
posters who make no effort to do anything on their own and expect the most
elementary tasks to be done with a wizard or template, but I'm more than
willing to help out someone like Blair who is making a genuine attempt to
find a better way of accomplishing a task.
--
Ron

> JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
>> Sending an email privately to another person in a newsgroup without being
>> given approval first is bad etiquette. Some people charge for private
>> answers, some just hit the delete key.
>>

> I'm sorry but no matter, I gave him(?) the answer in two sentences way
> back when... geeze if you can't do it, send me 500 clams and I'll do it
> for you.

0
drc023
6/29/2006 3:38:16 AM
Just remove the special characters, and xyz letters from the address. The
first part is already obvious - drc023.
--
Ron

"Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message
>I would like to have a sample setup but do not know your email address.
> I sent one to your address on your message but it was returned
> Blair
>
> "drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
>> The procedure is the same for single or fold over cards. Single cards are
>> a little more simple than foldover, but either is quite easy. One half is
>> set up for side one and the other half for side two. Run all the paper
>> through and reinsert it to print the reverse side. An easy way to see
>> this is to take a sheet of paper. Draw lines to divide the paper into
>> sections. Do this on both the front and back. On side 1, write down
>> numbers, letters or whatever in each box on the top half of the sheet
>> only. This will be what prints on side one of a business card. Do the
>> same for the bottom half, except use something different to represent
>> what will be on the reverse side of the card. Flip the paper over and do
>> the same on that side so that if you cut out a single card you would have
>> side one and two printed. This will also show you if one of the images
>> should be rotated 180� from the other. In the world of offset printing,
>> this is a way to save money on plate making costs since the same plate
>> can be used for both sides. In the SOHO area, cost of printing plates
>> isn't an issue since you are using a laser or inkjet printer, but it's
>> sometimes easier to do it this way and it does help keep file sizes down
>> since the same page is being used to print both the front and back of the
>> cards. If you are still having trouble seeing how this is done, send me a
>> private email and I'll produce a sample setup that you can try out.
>> --
>> Ron
>>
>> "Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> I've now read your instructions and follow most of it but at the end I
>>> came to the conclusion that you were dealing with a fold over business
>>> cards. I may have misunderstood you.
>>> I can't understand how on one sheet I can produce a card with both sides
>>> used
>>> Blair

0
drc023
6/29/2006 3:42:38 AM
Thanks I did that but I'm wondering if you received my message.I may have
made an error in your address
If you didn't receive it then I will send you my email address with Capital
letters added to this site

> Just remove the special characters, and xyz letters from the address. The
> first part is already obvious - drc023.
> --
> Ron
>
> "Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message
>>I would like to have a sample setup but do not know your email address.
>> I sent one to your address on your message but it was returned
>> Blair
>>
>> "drc023" <d+r+c+0+2+3@sbcXXXglobalYYY.ZZZnet> wrote in message
>>> The procedure is the same for single or fold over cards. Single cards
>>> are a little more simple than foldover, but either is quite easy. One
>>> half is set up for side one and the other half for side two. Run all the
>>> paper through and reinsert it to print the reverse side. An easy way to
>>> see this is to take a sheet of paper. Draw lines to divide the paper
>>> into sections. Do this on both the front and back. On side 1, write down
>>> numbers, letters or whatever in each box on the top half of the sheet
>>> only. This will be what prints on side one of a business card. Do the
>>> same for the bottom half, except use something different to represent
>>> what will be on the reverse side of the card. Flip the paper over and do
>>> the same on that side so that if you cut out a single card you would
>>> have side one and two printed. This will also show you if one of the
>>> images should be rotated 180� from the other. In the world of offset
>>> printing, this is a way to save money on plate making costs since the
>>> same plate can be used for both sides. In the SOHO area, cost of
>>> printing plates isn't an issue since you are using a laser or inkjet
>>> printer, but it's sometimes easier to do it this way and it does help
>>> keep file sizes down since the same page is being used to print both the
>>> front and back of the cards. If you are still having trouble seeing how
>>> this is done, send me a private email and I'll produce a sample setup
>>> that you can try out.
>>> --
>>> Ron
>>>
>>> "Blair" <Darrach@aol.com> wrote in message

0
Darrach1 (10)

Need Help for Query on Summing Prev Row Value and used for calculation
Hello frnds need a help for the query where in I want to add / subtract QtyMfg or QtyUsed as as per TrnType "R" or "I" starting with OpnBal which is in first row with RowId=0 for a Item then in CloseBal for the RowId=0 it will same then.CloseBal of RowId will become OpnBal for (RowId+1) the CloseBal of previous Row will become the Opnbal of the Next Row for same Item. Reset ablove process when ItemChanges. The below is Table structure.Please frnd can anybody help me for the same. CREATE TABLE [dbo].[RPT_RG1]( [RowId] [numeric](18, 0) NOT NULL, [Item] [va...

Business Cards with my own clip art?
I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. What's stopping you? "business card with clip art" <business card with clip art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A1021E6-8340-4C26-ABCF-61944C6945BC@microsoft.com... :I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP...

Parameter Query in Report Header
I have a Report which is based on a query with a date parameter. This parameter is user defined. I need to display the dates chosen in the Report Header eg "Report from XXXXX to XXXXXX" On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:56:01 -0700, Sarah G wrote: > I have a Report which is based on a query with a date parameter. This > parameter is user defined. I need to display the dates chosen in the Report > Header eg "Report from XXXXX to XXXXXX" Add an unbound text control to the Report Header. Set it's control source to: ="Report from " & [Enter Start Date] &a...

Business manager
What is business manager component doing for Outlook? Thanks, Ray Which version of Outlook? There are various addins that use the words business and manager. The newest is the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-...

Exchange 2010 Query
Hi Could someone give me some clue about how to retrieve all Mailbox user on a Mailbox Database/store Prefer the answer in C# or VB.NET, not Poweshell Tia Jackson ...

I want to design both side of a post card using publisher 03
I have go side one completed. How do I do the other side??? Insert Page -- Don Vancouver, USA "bettboop" <bettboop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D78C55-BB03-44EC-97AF-D8FBA74FB95C@microsoft.com... >I have go side one completed. How do I do the other side??? ...

Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities
Title: Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities Welcome to Biz-Club the UK's first truly independent internet based networking group established in 2006 for SME's, that allows you the member to choose how it can best work for you. Operate locally, regionally or nationally with all the advantages of a business networking group but almost none of the disadvantages. Enjoy membership of Biz-Club alongside your existing affiliations plus a host of other valuable benefits all at a cost far lower than that normally provided by traditional business networking groups. Be treat...

View Free/Busy Data
I have an Exchange Org that consists of three admin groups with a total of 1 server per admin group. Currently as it stands, users not able to view free/busy information from one exchange server to another. I am aware that you can accomplish this by creating replicas of your publics folders, however do not know exactly where to enable this. I do not want to replicate actual public folders, but only want users to be able to view free/busy data from users on a different exchange server. Under the system folders in the public folder, there is a folder called Schedule + Free Busy...Do I...

How can I use a different layout on a business card template?
I want to use the design on one of the business card templates (Colors), but I like the text layout on another one. Is there a simple way to remove the formatting on the Colors template, and replace it with another? I have already designed a card I like on another template, and want to copy that so I have the colors in the Color template. I am using Publisher 2003. Thank you. Copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "emichel" <emichel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621E331B-E7A7-4D11-93F3-D3991516E3F4@microsoft.com... >I ...

Outlook 2000 in Office 2000 Small Business
I have done several clean installs w/several different versions of Outlook from discs and I cannot get Outlook to open w/out crashing upon loading. All other components of Office work great. I began having problems w/Outlook when I began using Outlook Express.... Maybe they are related. Please help. ...

Handling puchases, transfers, & cash advances on same credit card
What is the best way to handle credit card ‘special offer balance transfers’ in Money 2002 Deluxe? Some credit cards will split your monthly payments so that 70% of the payment goes to the lower interest rated balance first, and apply 30% to the higher interest purchases. Is there a way to project how much interest will be paid out with this scenario? Should I set up multiple accounts for the same credit card? Thank you! In microsoft.public.money, Jody wrote: >What is the best way to handle credit card �special offer balance transfers� >in Money 2002 Deluxe? Some credit cards...

Queries and Reports in Office 2007
For the life of me, I can't find where to open any of my saved queries or reports in Office 2007. Can anyone help? What are you trying? What happens when you double click on them in the Navigation Pane? Do you see the Navigation Pane at all? Press F11 if not and see if it appears. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Mesunkel" wrote: > For the life of me, I can't find where to open any of my saved queries or > reports in Office 2007. Can anyone help? ...

Last transaction in a query?
I have a table with 5 fields ID PersonID EDate Amount and TransType I want a query with the last record of each person based on date and I want the results like this PersonID LastOfEDate Amount TransType if a person has tow transactions in the max date I want only one of them How can i do that? thanks You must have a "main" table with a single list of PersonID. Lets assume it is called tblPeople, PK = "ID" So, use that table to provide a unquite list of PersonID. The query can be like: select FirstName, Lastname, WorkPhone, PersonID, EDate, Amount, Tr...

Schedule free/busy
Hi there, I have one problem, All users can see others calendar. Example, when user a send a meeting invitation to user b, at the same time is sending a exchangelegacydn atribute so user b receives all calendar information about user a. I need to know how to do to every user only see availability calendar but information about the meeting. Thank you a lot for your help, I made a lot of tests but nothing worked -- Mark ...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn�es ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

Installing Business Portal, done, but issues
I've just installed BP 2.0...install went clean. However now when I try to access the site for the first time, I get an Invalid User error (Server Error in '/' Application. Invalid user.) I did change the bp accont to use as per the installation instructions to the "Network Service" account. Do I need to setup or add the actual users somewhere else first? I did not install the sample users. I was able to sort of login with the local server account, which is what I used to install the product. But most of the web parts show errors like the above. Chris, Wh...

Trasfers and Credit Card Payments
I currently download all transactions from my bank and do not manually enter trasactions. However, I have to manually classify transactions. I have a chequing, VISA and line of credit account. I transfer money from the chequing into various accounts (and sometimes money from the line of credit into other accounts). How should I classify these transactions? When I used the transfer classification it started to incorrectly adjust account balances. Is there a tutorial or FAQ on using Money or recommended books? When you say "classify" these transactions, I assume you mean &qu...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...

Business Portal for GP 9.0 and WSS/MOSS 2007?
Hi, I think I know the answer to this but need something official. If we are running Dynamics GP 9.0 and therefore BusinessPortal 3.0 (is that right?) we have to be running WSS 2.0 or SPS 2003. Correct? Can GP 9.0/BP 3.0 run under WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007? Will it run? Is it a supported configuration? Alan Alan, Thanks for using the newsgroups. You are correct. GP 9.0/BP 3.0 is only compatible with WSS 2.0 and SPS 2003. GP 10.0/BP 4.0 is compatible with MOSS 2007 and WSS 3.0. In terms of SharePoint, these are our only supported configurations. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Softwa...

Home Business
http://homebusiness.uk.tt/ -- Whatever the Mind can Conceive & Believe the Mind will Achieve Start your own home Business : http://homebusiness.uk.tt/ ...

Delete Query Please help
How do I delete the contents of column? I have a table where I need to empty the contents of a column(field) there are thousands of records. There are some records that have data in this field I need to make this field blank for all the records in the table. How do I this please? Thank you for any help. Update yourTableName set columnName = ""; "TotallyConfused" wrote: > How do I delete the contents of column? I have a table where I need to empty > the contents of a column(field) there are thousands of records. There are > some records that have da...

Excel and Access Database Query
Hi I'm starting with a Spreadsheet that is being used to represent the financial and audit information for individual projects. 1 spreadsheet document = 1 project. I have a worksheet that is linked to an Access Database. I need the information from this Spreadsheet Document to be filtered into a Formatted Worksheet within another Spreadsheet Document. Currently I have the Worksheets (linked and formatted) in the same document and I am using a VLOOKUP format to transfer the information. However my problem occurs - because I need to 'save as' so that each individual project...

RMS Debit Card Set-up
Has anyone come across good ducumentation on how to use an RMS hook-in for debit card processing using a verifone. Thanks in advance. ...

How do I set the form # for business cards in publisher 2000
I have created a business card in Publisher 2000. when I go to print it the only option I get is to select is 2"x 3 1/2" business card. That is the correct size but it does not print properly on Avery 8873 template. I cannot find where it will let me select Avery 8873 template. All business cards are created equal in Publisher 2000 if you are creating 10 per sheet. Page setup, Special Size, Business Cards. When you are ready to print, File, Print, Page Options, Click custom options, Side Margin .75 Top Margin .5 Zero Gaps. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ChuckP...

Deposits in Money Small Business.
Currently I select payment received for all invoices I bill which creates a deposit entry in my register. The problem is when I download my banks transaction only one entry is specified for the Deposit entry from the bank. How do I combine multiple deposits to match the banks download deposit entry? How do I tell money which deposit transactions to add to match the deposit? I have tried to use "Change" during the matching but that doesn't give me any help and doesn't list the deposit entries? I'm currently using delete to get rid of the deposit entry but the transact...