Business Card - Merge - Don't want each record on same page...

....I want it to come out like the print preview....

I am creating business cards via a merge in v2003. I have an excel record
source with 7 rows in it. When I print, I want 1 page to print, 10 up, with
all 10 coming from the same record in Excel. Then page 2 to have all 10 cards
with data from record 2, etc.

Now I am getting just 1 page with 7 cards and each card is from a different
record in Excel.

Thanks for any info...

If you have setup the Excel with 7 fields and nothing else, open the merge wizard in
Publisher setup your business card (you should have only one card on your screen),
add 6 additional pages, put a different field on each page. This should work.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Chad Richardson" <Chad Richardson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ...I want it to come out like the print preview....
>
> I am creating business cards via a merge in v2003. I have an excel record
> source with 7 rows in it. When I print, I want 1 page to print, 10 up, with
> all 10 coming from the same record in Excel. Then page 2 to have all 10 cards
> with data from record 2, etc.
>
> Now I am getting just 1 page with 7 cards and each card is from a different
> record in Excel.
>
> Thanks for any info...

0
gsauer (5094)
9/11/2004 1:26:23 PM
You may have to setup each card in a separate file. It shouldn't take very long.
Might try Word's merge, it is pretty good.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Thanks for the info, but unfortunately this does not work.
>
> My Excel data source as 7 records, each with 5 fields: i.e.,
> The colum headers are Name, title1, Title2, Email, Phone
> Then there are 7 rows for each employee.
>
> I did try adding an additional page, but Publisher provided an error
> "Publisher cannot merge with this number of pages...." as this is a business
> card I assume.
>
> To clarify what I'm trying to achieve, I'm looking for publisher to print
> page 1, 10 up, with all 5 fields of employee 1, then page 2 with employee 2
> info , etc. for each of the 7 employees.
>
> Any other ideas? Thanks for your help.
> Chad
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> If you have setup the Excel with 7 fields and nothing else, open the merge wizard
>> in
>> Publisher setup your business card (you should have only one card on your screen),
>> add 6 additional pages, put a different field on each page. This should work.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MS MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
>> "Chad Richardson" <Chad Richardson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > ...I want it to come out like the print preview....
>> >
>> > I am creating business cards via a merge in v2003. I have an excel record
>> > source with 7 rows in it. When I print, I want 1 page to print, 10 up, with
>> > all 10 coming from the same record in Excel. Then page 2 to have all 10 cards
>> > with data from record 2, etc.
>> >
>> > Now I am getting just 1 page with 7 cards and each card is from a different
>> > record in Excel.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any info...

0
gsauer (5094)
9/13/2004 4:41:18 PM
This is really easy to do. First, forget about using any wizards (I'm not
referring to the mail merge wizard however) or templates - they just make
things more tedious than necessary.

Start with a blank page and create a text frame equal to a business card.
Position the frame so it's in the same spot as it will be printed on the
sheet. Most likely it will be .5 down and .5 from the left margin.
Add the fields from the data source as you normally would and then continue
creating this single card with whatever text or graphics you may want.
Now copy and paste the completed card (frame) nine times so that you now
have a single sheet with ten identical images. Obviously these frames have
to be positioned relative to the first frame.
That's all there is to it.

Note: This situation is the reverse of what so many trying to use mail merge
encounter when trying to print multi-up sheets such as post cards. They do
not want the data repeated in each frame. That situation is also easy to
resolve.
--
Ron Cohen

"Chad Richardson" <ChadRichardson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7829CE68-8C71-43C7-9410-74532A74D2FC@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the info, but unfortunately this does not work.
>
> My Excel data source as 7 records, each with 5 fields: i.e.,
> The colum headers are Name, title1, Title2, Email, Phone
> Then there are 7 rows for each employee.
>
> I did try adding an additional page, but Publisher provided an error
> "Publisher cannot merge with this number of pages...." as this is a
business
> card I assume.
>
> To clarify what I'm trying to achieve, I'm looking for publisher to print
> page 1, 10 up, with all 5 fields of employee 1, then page 2 with employee
2
> info , etc. for each of the 7 employees.
>
> Any other ideas? Thanks for your help.
> Chad
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
> > If you have setup the Excel with 7 fields and nothing else, open the
merge wizard in
> > Publisher setup your business card (you should have only one card on
your screen),
> > add 6 additional pages, put a different field on each page. This should
work.

> > --
> > Mary Sauer MS MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> > "Chad Richardson" <Chad Richardson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > > ...I want it to come out like the print preview....
> > >
> > > I am creating business cards via a merge in v2003. I have an excel
record
> > > source with 7 rows in it. When I print, I want 1 page to print, 10 up,
with
> > > all 10 coming from the same record in Excel. Then page 2 to have all
10 cards
> > > with data from record 2, etc.
> > >
> > > Now I am getting just 1 page with 7 cards and each card is from a
different
> > > record in Excel.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any info...

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Ron
9/14/2004 4:57:42 AM
Thanks for the info.

What I ended up doing instead, is staying in Publisher then duplicating my
records in my data source. Specifically, I took my first record and created
9 more rows of the same record. So now I have the first 10 rows all being
the same. Then did the same with the second original record. etc.

Then I'd select each group of 10 records at a time to print. This worked
fine. This took some time, but is not as tedious as converting this over to
Word. I've tried the method you've mentioned and it becomes a pain to manage
the positioning/alignment of all the text frames. And if I want to change
the logo or colors (which we do fairly often as we are a new company), you
then have to go back and change 70 text frames.

"Ron Cohen" <drc023@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> This is really easy to do. First, forget about using any wizards (I'm not
> referring to the mail merge wizard however) or templates - they just make
> things more tedious than necessary.
>
> Start with a blank page and create a text frame equal to a business card.
> Position the frame so it's in the same spot as it will be printed on the
> sheet. Most likely it will be .5 down and .5 from the left margin.
> Add the fields from the data source as you normally would and then
> continue
> creating this single card with whatever text or graphics you may want.
> Now copy and paste the completed card (frame) nine times so that you now
> have a single sheet with ten identical images. Obviously these frames have
> to be positioned relative to the first frame.
> That's all there is to it.
>
> Note: This situation is the reverse of what so many trying to use mail
> merge
> encounter when trying to print multi-up sheets such as post cards. They do
> not want the data repeated in each frame. That situation is also easy to
> resolve.
> --
> Ron Cohen

0
chad9847 (4)

Business Cards with my own clip art?
I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. What's stopping you? "business card with clip art" <business card with clip art@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A1021E6-8340-4C26-ABCF-61944C6945BC@microsoft.com... :I would like to creat my own business card, with my own clip art. See http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP...

Business manager
What is business manager component doing for Outlook? Thanks, Ray Which version of Outlook? There are various addins that use the words business and manager. The newest is the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-...

I want to design both side of a post card using publisher 03
I have go side one completed. How do I do the other side??? Insert Page -- Don Vancouver, USA "bettboop" <bettboop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68D78C55-BB03-44EC-97AF-D8FBA74FB95C@microsoft.com... >I have go side one completed. How do I do the other side??? ...

View Free/Busy Data
I have an Exchange Org that consists of three admin groups with a total of 1 server per admin group. Currently as it stands, users not able to view free/busy information from one exchange server to another. I am aware that you can accomplish this by creating replicas of your publics folders, however do not know exactly where to enable this. I do not want to replicate actual public folders, but only want users to be able to view free/busy data from users on a different exchange server. Under the system folders in the public folder, there is a folder called Schedule + Free Busy...Do I...

Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities
Title: Business club, Business leads, New business opportunities Welcome to Biz-Club the UK's first truly independent internet based networking group established in 2006 for SME's, that allows you the member to choose how it can best work for you. Operate locally, regionally or nationally with all the advantages of a business networking group but almost none of the disadvantages. Enjoy membership of Biz-Club alongside your existing affiliations plus a host of other valuable benefits all at a cost far lower than that normally provided by traditional business networking groups. Be treat...

Keeping 12 months of records
The data i have is: Jan - dec 09 and Jan 10 and Feb 10 and will add each month after that. I don't want to keep all of the months. I just want to keep like now is feb i want the data is from feb 09 to feb 10 and then next month i will be march 09 to march 10. the query i have is take all the months, is there a way to change it to make what i need? Expr1: Format([PurchaseDate],"mmm, yy") Use criteria on PurchaseDate. Add a field in design view like this -- MySelection: Format([PurchaseDate],"yyyymm") Then for criteria use this -- Between Da...

Outlook 2000 in Office 2000 Small Business
I have done several clean installs w/several different versions of Outlook from discs and I cannot get Outlook to open w/out crashing upon loading. All other components of Office work great. I began having problems w/Outlook when I began using Outlook Express.... Maybe they are related. Please help. ...

How can I use a different layout on a business card template?
I want to use the design on one of the business card templates (Colors), but I like the text layout on another one. Is there a simple way to remove the formatting on the Colors template, and replace it with another? I have already designed a card I like on another template, and want to copy that so I have the colors in the Color template. I am using Publisher 2003. Thank you. Copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "emichel" <emichel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621E331B-E7A7-4D11-93F3-D3991516E3F4@microsoft.com... >I ...

Handling puchases, transfers, & cash advances on same credit card
What is the best way to handle credit card ‘special offer balance transfers’ in Money 2002 Deluxe? Some credit cards will split your monthly payments so that 70% of the payment goes to the lower interest rated balance first, and apply 30% to the higher interest purchases. Is there a way to project how much interest will be paid out with this scenario? Should I set up multiple accounts for the same credit card? Thank you! In microsoft.public.money, Jody wrote: >What is the best way to handle credit card �special offer balance transfers� >in Money 2002 Deluxe? Some credit cards...

offset and records
hi i am trying to do some work on adatabase in excel below is an example of the database. C D E index title author 2 1000 c:/test.kevin mel 3 1001 c:/test.kevin1 john 4 1002 c:/test.kevin2 paul 5 1003 c:/test.kevin3 kevin 6 1004 c:/test.kevin4 mel 7 1005 c:/test.kevin5 john the index is automatically assigned when file name is added to database. the title is a hyperlink to an external file. what i want is for the user to be able to select the title and...

Schedule free/busy
Hi there, I have one problem, All users can see others calendar. Example, when user a send a meeting invitation to user b, at the same time is sending a exchangelegacydn atribute so user b receives all calendar information about user a. I need to know how to do to every user only see availability calendar but information about the meeting. Thank you a lot for your help, I made a lot of tests but nothing worked -- Mark ...

Page Setup 01-13-10
Hi, I have Word 2003, SP3. I have an envelope that I want to print to a particular printer and to a particular tray. I'm trying to set it up using "Page Setup" in the File menu, but "Page Setup" is not activated in my menu. I know I've used it before for other envelopes, but now when I check any that I have, it is the same. Always disabled, but it's in the menu. Any idea how come it's disabled? Or how I can get it re-enabled? Thanks. Hi Kehrli, If you've activated a text box or something such, Word won't give you access to ...

Want average formula.
I want to make this symmetry curve more smooth. these pair is 0 and 27, 1 and 26, 2 and 25, 3 and 24.........etc. the highest of curve is on center, and the lowest of curve is on two side. i try take pair points on two side, averages to a new point. it will be a smooth symmetry curve. how i do it by formula? thanks. 0 0 1 0.001724138 2 0.005172414 3 0.006896552 4 0.017241379 5 0.027586207 6 0.027586207 7 0.046551724 8 0.043103448 9 0.067241379 10 0.056896552 11 0.075862069 12 0.051724138 13 0.081034483 14 0.081034483 15 0.084482759 16 0.060344828 17 0.055172414 18 0.053448276 19 0.04137...

Installing Business Portal, done, but issues
I've just installed BP 2.0...install went clean. However now when I try to access the site for the first time, I get an Invalid User error (Server Error in '/' Application. Invalid user.) I did change the bp accont to use as per the installation instructions to the "Network Service" account. Do I need to setup or add the actual users somewhere else first? I did not install the sample users. I was able to sort of login with the local server account, which is what I used to install the product. But most of the web parts show errors like the above. Chris, Wh...

HOW TO OFF PAGE DOWN KEY IN ACCESS
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:15:00 -0800, timal <timal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: It's considered polite to ask a comprehensible question (indicating the context and what you're trying to accomplish) in the big textbox, not just in the subject line. Also, please don't type in ALL CAPS - it is hard to read and looks like you're shouting at us. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Trasfers and Credit Card Payments
I currently download all transactions from my bank and do not manually enter trasactions. However, I have to manually classify transactions. I have a chequing, VISA and line of credit account. I transfer money from the chequing into various accounts (and sometimes money from the line of credit into other accounts). How should I classify these transactions? When I used the transfer classification it started to incorrectly adjust account balances. Is there a tutorial or FAQ on using Money or recommended books? When you say "classify" these transactions, I assume you mean &qu...

Can I remove the 'Page X' label when in Page Break Preview
I know it doesn't print but I still find it really annoying. Thanks in advance Dave F. AFAIK, no. MacXL04 has Page Layout mode, which shows exactly how the sheet will print, and allows you to adjust margins, edit headers and footers, etc., directly in the sheet. Perhaps that will appear in a future WinXL version. In article <uRIdh0SkFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>, "Dave F." <df@bh.cv.fg> wrote: > I know it doesn't print but I still find it really annoying. > > Thanks in advance > > Dave F. Dave, I don't think the page numbers ca...

how to change business address
I can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? LGLEIM In microsoft.public.money, LGleim wrote: > can't seem to figure out for the life of me WHERE OR HOW to change my >business address so my NEW address prints on my invoices now that I have >moved. Can anyone help me with this? PLEASE????? Is there a Tools->Settings->BusinessInformation place? YES!!! You did it! Thank you so much! "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: ...

page breaks #3
I want to insert a page break "automatially" while or after creating rows numbered 1 to 500, in order to number 500 prewritten pages. Is this possible? randall martin rmartin@niu.edu I think the answer depends on what you mean. Do you want a page break after each row of the 500 rows? Seems kind of odd... XL can change the print range depending on what cells you've used. If you type something into those cells, then do a print preview, you can see where these natural page breaks occur. Go Huskies! randall martin wrote: > > I want to insert a page break "automa...

Deleting specific records
Hi All I have joined two sets of records into two columns. The first column gives the name of the record and the second column will either be blank or have the text "HSTD". I am trying to eliminate a number of these records - hopefully about 5000 of them. The problem is that some of the records that have a blank cell in the second column should really have the "HSTD" text. The only way of working out which ones come under this category is to find out whether the number of records for a given name with "HSTD" text equal the number of records that with a corresponi...

Business Portal for GP 9.0 and WSS/MOSS 2007?
Hi, I think I know the answer to this but need something official. If we are running Dynamics GP 9.0 and therefore BusinessPortal 3.0 (is that right?) we have to be running WSS 2.0 or SPS 2003. Correct? Can GP 9.0/BP 3.0 run under WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007? Will it run? Is it a supported configuration? Alan Alan, Thanks for using the newsgroups. You are correct. GP 9.0/BP 3.0 is only compatible with WSS 2.0 and SPS 2003. GP 10.0/BP 4.0 is compatible with MOSS 2007 and WSS 3.0. In terms of SharePoint, these are our only supported configurations. Thanks Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Softwa...

i want to add another e-mail to outlook
how to have new e-mails to my outlook "ahmed" <ahmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE7F24DC-9F9F-48CD-BB3E-B6B808387C1D@microsoft.com... > how to have new e-mails to my outlook > <sigh> Eh? ahmed Very hard to understand your question. Can you describe exactly what you = want to achieve As an example. =20 (1)Set up another email account besides the one you already have (2) Set up your email account (3) etc,etc, etc --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be ac...

Home Business
http://homebusiness.uk.tt/ -- Whatever the Mind can Conceive & Believe the Mind will Achieve Start your own home Business : http://homebusiness.uk.tt/ ...

RMS Debit Card Set-up
Has anyone come across good ducumentation on how to use an RMS hook-in for debit card processing using a verifone. Thanks in advance. ...

How do I set the form # for business cards in publisher 2000
I have created a business card in Publisher 2000. when I go to print it the only option I get is to select is 2"x 3 1/2" business card. That is the correct size but it does not print properly on Avery 8873 template. I cannot find where it will let me select Avery 8873 template. All business cards are created equal in Publisher 2000 if you are creating 10 per sheet. Page setup, Special Size, Business Cards. When you are ready to print, File, Print, Page Options, Click custom options, Side Margin .75 Top Margin .5 Zero Gaps. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ChuckP...