building a website in publisher

 Hi,
I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I
need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages?
0
Elise (5)

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:12:02 +0100, Elise wrote
(in article <698C08A6-EF4B-468C-B763-5A4CF0DE5A2E@microsoft.com>):

>  Hi,
> I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I
> need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages?

If your company think that you - who thinks that Publisher is the best tool
for web design - are in any way qualified to design a web site, then they
deserve to lose business - and you deserve to lose your job, if they don't
know you're using Publisher. Maybe you've lied to them and said you can
design web sites and, therefore, should be sacked for all the business your
shittly little Publisher site *will* lose them.

And you STFW before posting, you'd have known that Publisher should never,
EVER, EVER, EVER be used for web site creation. A site created with Publisher
will take at least 50-75% longer to load than one created with GoLive! or
Dreamweaver and probably twice as long as one coded by hand.

Learn to code properly  - or, for this job at least - pass it to someone who
can.

By the way, 'logos' is plural and plurals *NEVER* require apostrophes - and
the abbreviation of 'etcetera' is 'etc.' and it's usually followed by a full
stop to indicate that it's an abbreviation. There should be a full-stop after
"Publisher" (which, as it's the name of an application, requires a capital
letter.) There should be a comma after 'logos' and  before 'etc,'.

Finally, only questions end with question-marks. You've not asked a question
- you've made a statement. It should, therefore, end with a full-stop. Your
company obviously didn't hire you for your wonderful grasp of the English
language.

I don't know where you are but, if you displayed such appalling sentence
construction skills to most companies in the UK you'd most likely be
dismissed.

0
naggingdoubt (192)
4/29/2006 7:30:24 PM
Publisher - Web Publications
Articles on Publisher web design
Using Publisher for web sites
http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/articles/category/1922.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Elise" <Elise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I
> need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
4/29/2006 8:48:28 PM
You and your company will be happier in the long run to use a program
created for Web development: MS FrontPage. It's as easy to learn as
Publisher. (I use both)  Each for its intended purpose: Publisher for
Desktop publishing and FrontPage for web development.

"Elise" <Elise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I
> need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages?

0
Chuck
4/30/2006 12:34:37 AM
Margolotta wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:12:02 +0100, Elise wrote
> (in article <698C08A6-EF4B-468C-B763-5A4CF0DE5A2E@microsoft.com>):
>

>> Hi,
>>I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I
>>need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages?
>

> If your company think that you - who thinks that Publisher is the best tool
> for web design - are in any way qualified to design a web site, then they
> deserve to lose business - and you deserve to lose your job, if they don't
> know you're using Publisher. Maybe you've lied to them and said you can
> design web sites and, therefore, should be sacked for all the business your
> shittly little Publisher site *will* lose them.
>
> And you STFW before posting, you'd have known that Publisher should never,
> EVER, EVER, EVER be used for web site creation. A site created with Publisher
> will take at least 50-75% longer to load than one created with GoLive! or
> Dreamweaver and probably twice as long as one coded by hand.
>
> Learn to code properly  - or, for this job at least - pass it to someone who
> can.
>
> By the way, 'logos' is plural and plurals *NEVER* require apostrophes - and
> the abbreviation of 'etcetera' is 'etc.' and it's usually followed by a full
> stop to indicate that it's an abbreviation. There should be a full-stop after
> "Publisher" (which, as it's the name of an application, requires a capital
> letter.) There should be a comma after 'logos' and  before 'etc,'.
>
> Finally, only questions end with question-marks. You've not asked a question
> - you've made a statement. It should, therefore, end with a full-stop. Your
> company obviously didn't hire you for your wonderful grasp of the English
> language.
>
> I don't know where you are but, if you displayed such appalling sentence
> construction skills to most companies in the UK you'd most likely be
> dismissed.

I'm curious...do you have any teeth left that you were born with? If you
answer yes I'd be really surprised. You are without a doubt, the most
rude, assumptive person I've ever seen who has the gall (ignorance?) to
actually post their insulting venom on this ng. Obviously, in person
you're a very different person, otherwise your face most likely,
would've have been rearranged multiple times.
Then again, maybe it already has been rearranged. Hopefully with more
pleasing results.
My advice to you is to get help with your personal problems, and your
personality (or lack thereof) immediately, if not sooner.
And pray your path never crosses in person with a person like me as that
meeting could be a real epiphany for someone like you.
Good luck in your new adventure.
Frank
0
fb476 (3)
4/30/2006 3:20:03 AM
Chuck, Thank you for your reply.  I have always used Front Page but was
having problems.  I noticed that Publisher had a web program and thought I
would try, its so much more user friendly.  I will however take your advise
and go back to Front Page  I was doing good with everything in front page
other that my back ground I put my back ground on and all seems good then
when I preview my pages the background keeps repeating itself. I have tried
everything, I can't even find anything  in the help menu about it.  The other
reason I was trying a different program was that every time I get it all
good, even in the preview it all looks good I upload it and everything moved
out of place.  I woulod welcome any advise you have.  Thanks for your
knowledge and time.

Chuck Davis" wrote:

> You and your company will be happier in the long run to use a program
> created for Web development: MS FrontPage. It's as easy to learn as
> Publisher. (I use both)  Each for its intended purpose: Publisher for
> Desktop publishing and FrontPage for web development.
>
> "Elise" <Elise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher I
> > need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages?

0
Elise (5)
4/30/2006 7:53:01 AM
Repeating background images is how the browser can adjust for varying
widths.

Place everything in tables. Set table width to 100%. Do not set the table
height, many browsers can't handle.
> Chuck, Thank you for your reply.  I have always used Front Page but was
> having problems.  I noticed that Publisher had a web program and thought I
> would try, its so much more user friendly.  I will however take your
> advise
> and go back to Front Page  I was doing good with everything in front page
> other that my back ground I put my back ground on and all seems good then
> when I preview my pages the background keeps repeating itself. I have
> tried
> everything, I can't even find anything  in the help menu about it.  The
> other
> reason I was trying a different program was that every time I get it all
> good, even in the preview it all looks good I upload it and everything
> moved
> out of place.  I woulod welcome any advise you have.  Thanks for your
> knowledge and time.
>
> Chuck Davis" wrote:
>
>> You and your company will be happier in the long run to use a program
>> created for Web development: MS FrontPage. It's as easy to learn as
>> Publisher. (I use both)  Each for its intended purpose: Publisher for
>> Desktop publishing and FrontPage for web development.
>>
>> "Elise" <Elise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I'm building our company website and I am not very good with publisher
>> > need to know how to make things (logo's ect..) appear on all pages?

0
Chuck

Printing a folded booklet in duplex on a non-duplex printer in Publisher 2003
For whomever might benefit from this. I needed to print a simple 4-page folded booklet on a non-duplex printer. That meant I needed to print pages 1 and 4 on one side of a sheet of 8.5x11 paper, and then print pages 2 and 3 on the other side. Folded, I get 4 pages on one sheet, neat! Publisher made it easy to produce the document (my Christmas letter for this year), but when it came time to print samples, I had a dilemma. I want to print it as described above, but nowhere I could find did it say how to do that. In the discussion part of which is quoted, below, utilities and add-ins were r...

Publishing Outlook Calendar
Hi All, Question: How many days does an Outlook Calendar remain available through Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 Beta, before the subscribers start having problems getting Calendar Updates? Scenario: Person who shared the Calendar gets sick and doesn't update the Calendar for over 3 days or connect to the Server. Now it is like every time I open Outlook, I need to enter my Username and Password to download the information. Does the Calendar get remove after a period of time? -- thecreator No, it doesn't get removed, but there was a problem with the pu...

can't print to 11x17; publisher resizes to 8.5x11
Please see the thread http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.publisher/browse_thread/thread/62ab7642d26291e6/6a7e4ba0f3ae6f3b?lnk=st&q=how+to+print+11+x+17&rnum=1&hl=en#6a7e4ba0f3ae6f3b To summarize, using Pub2003, windxp sp2, epson 1280, with ALL settings set to print at 11x17 (inc. the driver default setting), when the status monitor appears and the document begins printing, the status monitor says 8.5x11, and the document size is reduced to 8.5x11. I have the exact same problem, which AFAIK has never been resolved. I am sure it is NOT a printer driver issue, bec...

building a worksheet row by row
I hope somebody can assist. My worksheet calculates rows of data, which I wish to slide into another worksheet and secure; then change the original data, slide those results under the first. Keep repeating. Is there a way to do this without manually pasting values each time? David Dave "Sliding" rows from one sheet to another would involve the use of VBA. See Ron de Bruin's site for moving/copying rows to next available empty rows. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:04:03 -0800, "DaveButcher" <DaveButcher@discussio...

Can I Build an Access Statement (in 2007) as a String and Execute
Hi, I know that I can build a SQL statement within a string and then execute it like the following: strSQL = "UPDATE tblAuditRpt " _ & "SET tblAuditRpt.AuditRptYesCount = " & lngInitialEvalCount & " " _ & "WHERE tblAuditRpt.AuditRptID=25;" CurrentDb.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError Can I do the same with an Access statement itself? For example, How could I execute the following statement if I built it in a string? lngInitialEvalCount = DCount ("AuditDtlCnt", "AuditDetai...

hyperlink PDF files to Publisher based webpage
I can't get my pdf files to hyperlink to my publisher based web page. When I set up a Network place my Public_html files were not accessible to link to. "wendel44" <wendel44@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EA5E76-81A9-4005-8B57-0F66CD4EB895@microsoft.com... >I can't get my pdf files to hyperlink to my publisher based web page. When >I > set up a Network place my Public_html files were not accessible to link > to. > > Wendel44, I'm a bit confused. Do you want your publisher html page to link to the pdf? If so the pdf mus...

Publisher to PDF File
I am using Publisher 2007. I have created a single page with text boxes. The text boxes have different colors for the fonts. I did create a new color scheme for the document. When I take my Publisher page and convert it to a PDF File the colored fonts I have set revert to black. I did go into Tools, Commercial Printing Tools, Color Printing, Colors and then Change, Custom and OK to reset if my color scheme that I created did not save correctly, but when I go to convert the Publisher page to a PDF File it still comes with black type. Any suggestions as to what am I doing wrong? I...

New personal finance resource website open #2
--_NextPart_00009772-00002116-10DD2067-6005 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit New Personal Finance Resource Website Open http://www.your-personal-finances.com/ - Free articles and information on personal finance --_NextPart_00009772-00002116-10DD2067-6005-- *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from http://www.SecureIX.com *** ...

Building Assembly
I'm trying to build an assembly that creates a directory that is named after an attribute in opportunities. this is what I have, and it is not compiling into a dll, any advice? public string CreateDirectory(string root,string folderName) { } Luke Davis, MCSE: Security DEM Networks - Senior Systems Architect 7225 N First, Suite 105 Fresno, CA 93720 Office: 1 (559) 439-1000 Fax: 1 (866) 640-2041 www.demnetworks.com ...

Opening Publisher
I saved my publisher files on a disk now because I had to reinstall my operating system and my office software which was the same software that was previously installed. Now when I open my files it bears a message that publisher cannot open files from a pervious version. What can I do to open my files. How about you tell us what version of Publisher the files were created on, what version of Publisher you are trying to open the files in and what version of Windows you are using??? Have you copied the files from the disk to the hard drive. You cannot open files from garbage ZIP disks ...

Building Kits
I am having trouble using the build kits tab. I went through and made sure all the components were available to build the kits. I click the build tab and the program prompts that there is enough inventory to build 2 kits. I enter 2 and then hit the build tab and then ok. When I go to the properties screen the inventory qty is still 0. I copied the kit and gave it another name and did the same process and was able to build the kits the first and only time. Any suggestions? known bug, apply the latest hotfix and you will be good to go. "akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.mic...

Insert all of the holidays on a calendar in Publisher 2003?
I'm trying to make a new calendar for 2005. I can individual insert each holiday for the year, but is there a way to insert all of the holidays at one time? The old MS Home Publishing gave you this ability, but I'm not seeing it anywhere. I already have the holidays and birthdays recorded in my Microsoft Office Outlook 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Mar wrote: > I'm trying to make a new calendar for 2005. I can individual insert > each holiday for the year, but is there a way to insert all of the > holidays at one time? The old MS Home Publishing gave you t...

Saving a Publisher 2000 file?
I need to save a .php Publisher 2000 Stationary doc to a floppy and print from another PC. How do I do this correctly because Publisher 2002 won't open the .php file and I tried to save as an .exe file also. Should I be exporting to save maybe? You have a PictureIt file or maybe Home Publisher... In any event you are in the wrong newsgroup. Go here and select either Home Publisher or PictureIt from the list news://msnews.microsoft.com -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "plc" <anonymous@discussions...

Macro to build table
I have 6 questions that may be answered yes or no, and for the sake of keeping everything in integer form, let's assume "1" for yes and "0" for no. Depending on how a customer answers all 6 questions, they will receive a predetermined score. I am attempting to develop the answer key, so-to-speak, to refer the reps to once they are finished asking the customer these questions. I was hoping for the code that would build a macro to create this tabe for me - a table that would lay out all of the 6 question-answer combinations, like the following: Questi...

Can Publisher 2000 read Publisher 2002 document?
I received a Publisher 2002 document but can't read it using my Office 2000 Publisher. Is there an upgrade or is there something that I'm not doing? No, the file originator (or someone else) will have to do a Save as and change the file type. Any time you do that, you risk losing something - plus the file size will probably grow. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A6C74B9-9AD9-49DB-8D8E-4D65D80A66D9@microsoft.com... >I rec...

Entourage Build Information
Processor: Power PC Is there a matrix of Entourage versions and their respective build numbers anyone can provide? This information would be of great use in troubleshooting client/server issues. Thanks in advance, Chris I haven't checked specifically for Entourage, but Wikipedia usually has such data published - you might check there. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 11/13/08 3:24 PM, in article 59b61e39.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "chrisxmartinez@officeformac.com" <chrisxmartinez@officeformac.com> wrote: > Processor: Power PC > > Is there a ma...

how do I view all page numbersat once in Publisher
I have created a bulletin that has 12 pages. There was a space at the bottom left of the document that showed all the pages as a page icon with page numbers in it. I could select whatever page I wanted to go to to edit the publication. Somehow those page icons are no longer visable. How can I get them back? View - Status Bar -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kershca" <kershca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4360102-2888-43F5-AC26-5561774969C8@microsoft.com... >I ha...

Publisher 98 with Windows XP
I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to XP. Now if I try to open one of my Publisher files, I get a message that "Publisher can't open from a previous version" What do I do? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jim <jlong@persoma.com>... > I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to XP. Now if I try > to open one of my Publisher files, I get a message > that "Publisher can't open from a previous version" Try disabling Norton AntiVirus and trying again. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.o...

Error when building payroll build
One of my users is continuously getting an error when clicking OK on Calculate Payroll Checks. The error is - The checks cannot be calculated. Errors were found when building the checks. All other users can build the exact same build with no issues. What could be the issue here? Jack-One thing you may want to check is compare the users security. One user may/may not have rights to benefits/deductions/batches, etc. "Jack Tundra" wrote: > One of my users is continuously getting an error when clicking OK on > Calculate Payroll Checks. The error is - The checks cannot b...

Excel form on website
Can I copy an Excel form onto my website and use it as part of a customer order form? Will site users be able to enter personal data onto the form? If so, how do I activate the form once it's been copied onto my web page? ...

using xml to build ASP.NET applications
hiya, ATM, I use vis studio to drag and drop controls on to my web forms. Apparently, an app can be built via XML and XSLT.I've been googling, but I'm still none the wiser as to why people would go to a low level of xml when they could use the IDE? Is it because: 1) the same xml can be used to build cross-platform apps? 2) it performs better (maybe there is less metadata if done in this way)? 3) it is easier to modify using XSLT than it is to go in and manually alter controls that have been dropped onto a webform? Can anyone give me a clue? Also, the people that use XML to build t...

Publisher as a message with Outlook 2000
I can only send Publisher files as Attachments with Outlook 2000. Can anyone tell me how I can send a Publisher file as a Message with Outlook 2000? How to share a Publisher file with a user who does not have Publisher installed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308031/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jellycat" <jellycat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED8220A-5ABD-4A5F-A704-2E06A9451B6C@microsoft.com... >I can only send Publisher files as Attachments with Outlook 2000. Ca...

Using Publisher with email
I am trying to create a 3 page newsletter and i want to imbed it into the email instead of having it as an attachment. I can't figure out how to format where all pages show up instead of just the 1st page once I send it to email preview. Kellie Have you considered a PDF? There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com is mentioned a lot here. If you have 2007 Microsoft has an add-in. https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news...

Publisher 2003 Templates do not act like Templates
Hi. :-) Ever since I installed Publisher 2003, the Templates have not behaved like templates. When I click a Template, instead of the default "New" Publisher document, the Template itself opens up with the same name as the template. In other words, Publisher 2003 templates simply behave like regular Publisher documents, not like templates. (My Word 2003 templates behave normally.) Similarly, when I open up Publisher, in the "New Publication" pane on the left, when I click on "Templates," instead of showing my templates in my C:\Documents and Settings\<...

How do i publish a web site using Microsoft Publisher?
Hi, I am really stuck here i read how to publish a website and i follwed what it said I went into file publish to web. A small box came up i think it said something about hosting with Microsoft but I already have a domain name and stuff so anyway i clicked the box and it went away. I then went back into publish to web and it just keeps saving my file. Please Help me !!!!!!!! What version Publisher? http://www.publishermvps.com/WebDesign/Version2003/tabid/33/Default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "TBB2210...