Brochures: How Do I Print Out the Blue Borders of 3-Sided Brochure?

Hello.

I'm using Publisher 2003.   I'm designing a simple brochure, using a
standard 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, that's divided into thirds.

The template I'm using is the Accent Box Informational brochure.

Each third of the brochure has a light blue border.  I'd like those
blue borders printed out as part of the brochure, but they aren't
being printed.  After checking the help documentation, I still
couldn't figure out how to do this.  It doesn't matter to me if these
borders print out as blue or black, just as long as they are printed
out.

Is there a way to get these borders printed out?  If so, what is the
procedure?

And if not, what can I use in place of those blue borders, to act as
borders for each section of the brochure, in hard copy form?

Thank you very much.
Marc Barlin

0
jd5jd (5)

Those lines are guide lines. If you want a line similar to print, you will have to
draw a line, give it a blue color and maybe a dashed look. You might try 0,0,255 as
the blue (RGB) or 0,255,255.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Marc Barlin" <jd5jd@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> I'm using Publisher 2003.   I'm designing a simple brochure, using a
> standard 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, that's divided into thirds.
>
> The template I'm using is the Accent Box Informational brochure.
>
> Each third of the brochure has a light blue border.  I'd like those
> blue borders printed out as part of the brochure, but they aren't
> being printed.  After checking the help documentation, I still
> couldn't figure out how to do this.  It doesn't matter to me if these
> borders print out as blue or black, just as long as they are printed
> out.
>
> Is there a way to get these borders printed out?  If so, what is the
> procedure?
>
> And if not, what can I use in place of those blue borders, to act as
> borders for each section of the brochure, in hard copy form?
>
> Thank you very much.
> Marc Barlin

0
gsauer (5094)

Print preview/print re-requesting dynamic image
Hi, I have a page that display a dynamically created image from a web server. When I use IE 7 or IE 8 print preview or print functionailty the image is re-requested from the server by IE. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I notice Firefox doesn't have the same issue. John Cache your page. "johndp" <johndp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324A2BA7-480E-4676-A1E2-14920E88F382@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a page that display a dynamically created image from a web server. > When I use IE 7 or IE 8 print preview or p...

Non printing cell/s
I want the contents of a cell to be visible on the screen, but I don't want the contents to appear when the worksheet is printed. Is this possible? Ken, You can define a rectangular print area that excludes the cell. If you can't do that (because the cell you don't want printed is surrounded by the print area), then this won't work. In that case here are some possibilities: Put the cell in a row or column by itself and hide the row or column before you print. A macro can automate this. Make the font of the cell the same as the background before you print. Use a tex...

Mail Delivery Delay #3
Mail does not show up in the users Inbox for 30 to 45 minutes after a message was sent to the user. However, if the user clicks a folder other than Inbox then goes back to the Inbox, the mail will appear without delay. It's an XP PC running Outlook 2000 connected to an Exchange server 2003. Has anyone else seen this? I tried removing and adding back the Exchange service on the PC but it didn't help. Help! Thanks, Diane Make sure her automatic mail polling is set to no less than every 10 minutes. Anything less than that can cause this. "Diane" wrote: > Mail...

Re: Printing contacts in Outlook 2003
Ok, after testing this it seems I can see the reason. Go into Page setup and set "Blank Forms at end" to "none". The blank forms are meant to be filled out by hand and list all available fields. This makes some sense since Detailed list prints completed fields for each contact. If you only print Address Cards then you only get the subset of fields that the view shows if blank forms are printed. There really should be some way of controlling what fields are printed in the blank forms when Detailed Address Cards are printed. "BillR [MVP]" <BillR@removeth...

why is Word "not responding" whenever I try to print?
I have Windows 7, and a new HP Windows 7 compatible printer that was working fine for about a month. Now it will print pages off the internet, and will copy, but will not print when I open a word document saved on my computer - it says it cannot find the printer and then freezes up. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "bellringer" wrote: > I have Windows 7, and a new HP Windows 7 compatible printer that was working > fine for about a month. Now it will print pages off the internet, and...

moving margin in the brochure template
I have tried everything and can't move the right marign in the brochure template any help would be greatly apprceciated. thanks Are you trying to move it beyond your printer's limitation? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C47C2F9-88BF-4BED-92E2-F2ABF5AF6AE1@microsoft.com... >I have tried everything and can't move the right marign in the brochure > template any help would be greatly apprceciated. thanks Arrange, layout guides. What template are you using? Most all of the brochu...

Help Receipt Printing
I have a Point of sale application which prints a sales Receipt. The printer is a Citizen CBM1000 I created a report to print the receipt when the transaction finished but it is really slow compared to Applications like MYOB retail manager. Can any one help with this? If your printer is a dot matrix, you may want to create your report using printer fonts rather than true-type fonts. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Steve" wrote: > I have a Point of sale application which prints a sales Receipt. > The printer is a Citizen CBM1000 > I created a report to print ...

how can i make invite which is printed on both sides of A4
I have created an invitation in publisher but when printed out it folds to A6 size. I want to be able to print on both sides of A4 to then fold in half to A5 invite. Please can anyone advise me. Thank you Select Insert Page You now have a second page; enter text in the half that becomes thee other side of your invitation. Consider creating a booklet (four pages folded from a single sheet) -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Minxicat" <Minxicat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27CEA33E-76C7-4F24-AD5F-59953DE0C7FE@microsoft.com... ...

Print selected worksheets in multiple workbooks?
We would like to print two specific worksheets that exist in multiple workbooks at the same time. In other words, we would like to be able to select all workbook files in a directory and send to the printer to have the same two pages from each workbook print, not the entire workbook. We would like to avoid having to select each file individually to send two sheets to the printer, and then close and go on to the next file. Is this possible, and if so, how do we accomplish this? Thanks for any direction you can provide. I wasn't sure what all you needed, so the code below will ...

MDI menu and dialogs fail #3
I have this MDI app. Every child window draws some data (looks like a windows task manager). Everything seems to work just fine but if I let this app running from one day to another, main menu doesn't work as well as context menues, and every dialog I try to invoke (using DoModal) seems to fail too. Processor is not busy and when I push a tool bar button seems to attend right away (The break point shows that any dialog fails as well as LoadMenu calls). GUI is responding well and redrawing correctly. Another important issue : I get and invalid hWnd (0xfefefe..) after a call to Create over ...

Printing job
Nothing to do with this group, but today someone sent me 40 large index cards and sayings she'd like printed on them (in large, black type- which is good because the red doesn't work on my color cartridge (LOL) She enclosed a check for $20. (She is a friend, I would have done it for her anyway, and called it "practice") I figure I will use publisher to set it up, I'm pretty sure they have cards (postcard size). And I can cut paper to practice on first. I'm just psyched to get something I can do (and a check with it) and wanted to share this. I have put picture...

video e-mail #3
fail to covert a file to wmv format this is an add in for outlook/video e-mail ...

How can I print samples of all the fonts on my PC?
I would like to print all the fonts on my PC. Is this possible? Yes, there are several Word macros available that will let you do that or you could just find a nice font manager that would show you a sample. If you are anything like me (an admtted font-aholic) you would end up with more than 100 pages of fonts and then you'll fnd even more fonts you want. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAED0BBD-3B9C-4088-A5B1-DD0CF059...

Printing from Doc/View with Device Context
I have a simple multidocument application that collects a bunch of data points from an external device and stores the data in the document. The view draws some nice graphics from the data. Now I want to print pretty much what I see on the view. The default MFC printing crunches everything into the upper left corner and get a debug assertion failure on every call to SelectObject(SomeFont). Do I need to redefine My Fonts in the printer device context? Where do I set the viewport origin? Is there a tutorial out there on printing graphic content? Regards Ron H. ----------------- www.New...

Shrinking Images when printing
I have a booklet set up in Publisher (8 1/2 x 11, folded). Whenever I go to print it out it shrinks the size of all the information on the pages by about 25-30% on the printed pages. This file was printing correctly when I first set it up and I have not been back into it to change any settings. I have also noticed that Publisher will bring data from a previous version of this document and overwrite the updated data (In a text box set up in a tabular format (Capital Expenditure detail listings)). Can anyone help me out? This is really getting annoying. If I'm doing something wro...

How do you create a page border in Excel?
I have data that spans several pages and would like a page border on the printed copy. How can I do this without selecting the range of cells on every page and outlining with border. My data changes and this is a real pain to re-do every time. Hi Tricia, Page borders apply to the entire worksheet, doesn't make any difference what cells are selected, unless you ask to print a selected range, which would be similar to limiting your print area. Have you tried File, Page Setup, General, Fit to 1 pages wide, the fit to pages high is and independent setting which you can leav...

Print Quote 08-25-04
Hi, I have a custom report [Quote], I can see the report in Crystal Report Viewer but I am getting an error message when I am trying print: "Need Information for processing this inform [myCRMServer.pageserver]" Thanks in advance Carlos ...

Wrong labels print
When I print more than 1 different ILC using the label wizard it prints the correct total number of labels but all of then are the field-values for the first label in the list. example 3 OF Ilc 39725 and 2 of Ilc 39730 will print 5 of Ilc 39725 I have tried different Ilcs and have the same problem If I use a Avery Label it print OK. I'm running V 1.3.1002 on XPPro w/SQLEXpress The Eltron code is below ... 'BM_HangTag [INITIALIZE] N ZB Q278,20+0 R0,0 S1 D7 [LABEL] LO506,4,56,1 LO506,237,56,1 LO506,5,3,232 LO559,5,3,232 A200,190,3,4,2,1,R,"BETH MONE" A260,230,3,3,1,1...

Margins on Brochures
Hi..I've created a lot of brochures and always the same problem with the right margin on the front not printing correctly. I've tried changing to Custom and always check out the Properties. I've moved the type and images over to the left, but then they're off center... How can I get my copies to print the front page to the right marginal setting? Thanks This is because your printer has a large margin on the right hand side, which is normally the bottom of the page in portrait. This margin will be anywhere from 3mm to 16mm. Your printer HELP file will tell you wha...

Why doesnt the print result match print preview
the printed result isn't the same as the print preview shows it . I have followed the instructions for print set-up etc. Also on the plans template, is there any way I can have an area on the drawing to put my company details etc similar to architects plans? ...

Double-printing in one print area
I have a simple three-column list that I need to print, but need t print two sets of the list per page. I can't adjust the layout of th list itself as it is the result of an external database query which i refreshed when the sheet is opened. I can't figure out a way to d this, anyone got any ideas??? Thanks.:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Chris, Excel prints a sheet just as it's actually laid out, with little variation. By two sets, do you mean an identical list to the right, or do you want a single list (easy) in two columns per page (not so easy)? ...

Printing a brochure
I have Office 2007. I am having trouble printing a brochure. No matter what I do the printer will not print the leading 1cm edge of my brochure. - even if I shink it. If I reduce the size of the border and pull the leading edge into the page by about 12 mL it will print but this is hardly acceptable. I have been able to print to the edge on 2003 so I must have to make an adjustment somewhere but I can't work out what it is. Does anybody know? It is not a printer issue because when I click on the print preview button it also shows the leading edge cut off. I also tried changing the ...

Help on printing
I have this code on a SDI CFormView based aplication. Could you please tell me why doest'n it work. Thank you! void CPortRecView::OnPrint(CDC* pDC, CPrintInfo* pInfo) { // TODO: add customized printing code here if(pInfo) m_rcPrintRect=pInfo->m_rectDraw; } void CPortRecView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class CRect rcClient; if(pDC->IsPrinting()) { // A Imprimir, ent�o usa rectangulo de impress�o rcClient=m_rcPrintRect; } else // N�o est� a imprimir, ent�o serve client rect { GetClientRect(&rcClient); ...

Posting Setup #3
I am new to MS Dynamics GP and I am facing problems in setting up posting Accounts for Inventory. I want to know implications of each posting account requirements. I have gone through the user manual provided along with the product but couldn't find it. Thanks for your time First, you should check out www.accoladespublications.com for their books on this topic. Do you need assistance with every field? -- Charles Allen, MVP "pathik shah" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics GP and I am facing problems in setting up > posting Accounts for Inventory. I want to know impl...

Trying to Print Preview Entire Workbook
Hi, I'm trying to view all the tabs of a workbook by selecting: File | Print | Print What: Entire Workbook | Preview but when i choose "Entire Workbook", the Preview button is dimmed and I cannot select it. I've used this method before, and it's worked, but now it doesn't. When "Acive Sheet(s)" or "Selection" is selected the preview is undimmed. Why is this happening? Select all the sheets first and then go for your Print Preview. Select the first sheet and then shift/Click on the last sheet to group the sheets. Regards Trevor "Jr...