Bottom alignment with baseline in text box

Hi,

I have a one-line text box and I'd like the baseline of the text to
align with the bottom border. I set the vertical alignment of the text
box to "Bottom" and the internal bottom margin to 0, but, of course
the descent space still appears between the baseline and the box
border, so that the text does not exactly "sits" on the border.

As the text is in capital in sans serif font, I don't have any descent
in my glyphs, so is there a way to force alignment with the baseline,
or do I have to fine-tune manually (not fitting my text box to my
guides)?

Thanks!

Raphael

0
rgoubet (25)

Why not create a rectangle around the text box rather than a text box border.
You can specify the size. I am not sure I follow what you are trying to do.
Have you read the help sections on the baseline management?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"mrgou" <rgoubet@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a one-line text box and I'd like the baseline of the text to
> align with the bottom border. I set the vertical alignment of the text
> box to "Bottom" and the internal bottom margin to 0, but, of course
> the descent space still appears between the baseline and the box
> border, so that the text does not exactly "sits" on the border.
>
> As the text is in capital in sans serif font, I don't have any descent
> in my glyphs, so is there a way to force alignment with the baseline,
> or do I have to fine-tune manually (not fitting my text box to my
> guides)?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Raphael

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Repeating a formula in text
I'm concatenating two columns in an excel data file. The formula works, but won't replicate in the column to subsequent rows, all it will do is copy. I'm tearing my hair out - I've done it before but all of the sudden it won't work. Can you help? 1) What happens if you hit [F9] ? If this recalculates the correct results - then your Calculation option is set to "Manual". 2) Did you, by mistake, fix the References of the concatenated cells with $ [like: $A$1] ? Micky "Lyn" wrote: > I'm concatenating two columns in an ex...

how to draw text vertically?
for example, some software like Microsoft Word, when docking a toolbar to left or right, the text on button will be drawn vertically. In article <eShIl7FZGHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, Bill Gates says... > for example, some software like Microsoft Word, when docking a toolbar to > left or right, the text on button will be drawn vertically. Basically you specify the angle in lfEscapement of the LOGFONT structure. Then call CreateFontIndirect with this structure and you'll get a rotated font of type HFONT. Use SelectObject to select the font and then you can use TextO...

Text Wrap
I have text wrap on a cell with lots of text and I use "Alt Enter" to create new lines within the cell. The last two entries in the cell are not wrapping though the first four entries within the cell wrap just fine. Is there a way to get the last two entries within the cell to text wrap? Thanks! Is the rowheight big enough? And if those last two entries are really long, then maybe a few more alt-enters to break them up???? Craig wrote: > > I have text wrap on a cell with lots of text and I > use "Alt Enter" to create new lines within the cell. The > l...

Bottom margin problem
H I'm using MS Excel 2000 and I'm trying to fit my printing exatly on one paper with no margins. There's a problem when I try to set up the bottom margin in page setup. The "page setup" shows correctly, that I have set the margin to 0 cm, but in print preview window and in the actual print there's still a bottom margin with 1,2 cm. And you can't decrease it from the print preview neither Thanks JJ ...

Text running
Hello I don't know if there is a code that keeps a word ( for example FOOTBALL) running from left to the right of the cell. I appriciate even a small help. Thanks in advance Where would you like it to run to? English and most other languages run left to right. Middle East countries usually run right to left. There are various methods of text alignment in cell formatting>alignment. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:39:01 -0700, MAX <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello >I don't know if there is a code that keeps a wor...

How do I change the text size in a drop down box
I am using excel 2003. It seems to default to 10pts. Changing the size in the source list or the default in the general tab did not change the size. ...

How to select a cell to the left of the right aligned cell with th
Hello everybody! How to select a cell to the left of the right aligned cell with the =, when anyone enters a formula? The cell to the left of the right aligned cell with the =, does not have left and right borbers and cannot be selected by the mouse. Best regards, Dima +79035093892 I'm just guessing here... But I think you're talking about the extended cell that comes up whenever you're typing in a formula. It's the same cell as the one you're typing in, except Excel made it look bigger so it'd be easier to see what you're typing in. "Dima" wrote: ...

Change Color of Header Text
Using Excel XP. Is it possible to change the color of the text in a the header area. No option to do seems to be available. Thank you in advance. That's not possible -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mark Watlock" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1701001c448a0$c1b701e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Using Excel XP. Is it possible to change the color of > the text in a the header area. No option to do seems to > be available. Thank you in advance. ...

how to paste data from top to bottom to bottom to top
some of the historical data (monthly data, 1980-jan, Feb, march...1981-Jan, feb.march....) are on this format. But i need them to be pasted as the otherway around (1981-Dec, Nov.....feb,jan,1980-dec,Nov...feb,jan). If I had to do this, I'd try to convert each of those non-dates into real dates. One way is to use a formula: with 1980-Jan in A1, I could put this in B1 =DATEVALUE(RIGHT(A1,3)&" 1, "&LEFT(A1,4)) Format that cell as a date and see: Jan 1, 1980 Then you could do pretty much anything you want with that column of real dates. But the formula you need really...

Aligning numbers in seperate columns
Hi all, I have a bit of a problem I can't figure out although I think I migh be missing something very obvious. Basically I have this data for example formatted like this A B C 1 1 2 SAMPLE1 2 2 5 SAMPLE2 3 3 6 SAMPLE3 4 4 5 5 6 6 I want to be able to align Column B's numbers with those in A and tak C along for the ride -- Dr Jone ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Dr Jones's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34...

Applescript select text range between 2 markers

Spin box min/max
I put a spin box linked to a cell containing an item cost of 1.50 because the items cost is part of a cutting test I want the user to b able to increase the cost in increments of .01, the spin box increase by 1.00 and the coding will not accept under 1.00, is there a wa around this or ? Any help will be much appreciated -- biztool ----------------------------------------------------------------------- biztools's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=687 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52464 Are you using a linked cel...

text block column width
How do I adjust column width so that I can have two or three columns of varying widths in a text block? Use three separate text columns and link them together. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Elin" <Elin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D46ACF26-CDAC-44E3-825F-88AFA8CBB12E@microsoft.com... > How do I adjust column width so that I can have two or three columns of > varying widths in a text block? ...

how do I print selected text only from email on Outlook 2003?
I want to print selected text from within an email and then print only that slected text. I have recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and dont seem to have this option. I could do it with the old version. Can any one help?? Hello murcuis, you wrote on Mon, 13 Jun 2005 02:57:01 -0700: > I want to print selected text from within an email and then print only that > slected text. I have recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 and dont seem to have > this option. I could do it with the old version. Can any one help?? To print only selected text in an e-mail, the e-mail must be a html...

Top to bottom
Ok here is my dilema. I have a list of names. At the press of a button I want to have the top person on the list of names to go to the bottom and the full list of names shift upwards so there is no empty space. For example... a1= Susie a2= John a3= Bob a4= Sarah Now when I press the button I want it to read... a1= John a2= Bob a3= Sarah a4= Susie Then of course if I pressed it again... a1= Bob a2= Sarah a3= Susie a4= John And so on... Could anyone help me out with this? TyeJae -- TyeJae ------------------------------------------------------------------------ TyeJae's Profil...

When print greeting card top and bottom of characters at bottom .
When I am printing my greeting cards in Publisher everything works except the top and bottom half of the characters at the bottom of the card are not showing up. I have tried moving it further up the page or changing the font. Sarah wrote: > When I am printing my greeting cards in Publisher everything works > except the top and bottom half of the characters at the bottom of the > card are not showing up. I have tried moving it further up the page > or changing the font. Nothing whatsoever to do with Publisher - this is a printer issue. You need to learn the printable limits ...

How to align the category axis to plot area
I'm trying to align my category axis of my chart to the bottom of my plot area. I have some negative data and it's moving the date (category axis) into the data of the plot area. Hope this make sense. Thanks!! Format the axis and specify where you want it to cross the y-axis. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "awrex" <awrex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D3E6A3D-D13B-4668-8819-2AB3A9EB0AF8@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to align my category axis of my chart to the bottom of my plot > area. I have ...

Dialog Box Active
hi... I'm creating a Chap Application. But the chat box(Dialog Box) at CLient Site is not getting Active , I'm using the SetFocus( ) API ,SetActiveWindow() API.. but not Working If the Chat Box is the main window of the application then try this SetForegroundWindow(); BringWindowToTop(); SetActiveWindow(); AliR. "Anis Khalife" <anis.khalife@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1136476903.618103.31820@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > hi... > > I'm creating a Chap Application. > But the chat box(Dialog Box) at CLient Site is not getting Active , > I&...

Text Format
Hello, I am using Access 2003. I know that in Table Design view, I can set the Text Format for "all upper case" by using the > symbol and "all lower case" by using the < symbol. What if I want to set the Format to "all Proper Case" ?? What would be the symbol to use in this case? Thank you, Mellissa -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 Unfortunately, there's no such symbol. You shouldn't be working directly with tables anyhow. When you use a form, you can put logic in th...

Do not show this again boxes
I acidentally hit the "do not attempt to automatically reconcile in the future" box, disabling the ability to automatically reconcile my accounts after downloading information. How do I turn that back on? In microsoft.public.money, tae123 wrote: >I acidentally hit the "do not attempt to automatically reconcile in the >future" box, disabling the ability to automatically reconcile my accounts >after downloading information. How do I turn that back on? You might get what you want with Tools->Settings->OnlineServiceSettings and tick AutomaticallyAcceptAl...

Can I fix a text box to a chart data point?
I have a daily weight chart. I need to add events text boxes on the chart. I wish to fix the boxes to data points and have them track the points so when new data is added, the text box follows the data point. Hi, If you have used an embedded shape to hold the text you will need to use VBA to adjust the position when more data is added. To have text move automatically you would need to use data label(s). Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E936C5C0-1FB0-4D7D-AC21-9C4EDEE79...

Received messages cutting off at bottom
I have a user that is receiving messages only 40 or so lines long. Anything that's longer gets cut off. Any one that could help would be great. Thanks, Brian Quon ...

from box
Hello is there any way i can have the 'from' email address alway visable in outlook 2000? cheers Joe <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: > is there any way i can have the 'from' email address alway visable in > outlook 2000? No need to post more than once. -- Brian Tillman ...

Splitting Text
I have a worksheet with data split by a "/" eg. BARRISTER/F. GREY I want to split the data into two adjacent columns eg "BARRISTER", "F. GREY" I have tried =LEFT(A1,FIND("/",A1)-1) for the first field, which works, and =MID(A1,FIND("/",A1,99)for the second, which doesn't, of course (I understand why). What should I do,instead, please? Jim Berglund close =MID(A1,FIND("/",A1,1)+1,99) -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "jazzzbo" <jazzzbo@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:%230$53EFpKHA.4648@...

Combo box list question
I want to resize the width of the drop down list of a combo box in excel. When i try to change the values in the combo box> properties> listwidth, it gives wierd results. I have tried putting diff values in the columnwidth but I cannot figure out what works. Is there a bug in this function? I will appreciate any response. Thanks Hi The ColumnWidth property of a combo box accepts values in Points (default), Inches or Centimeters. 72 points =1 in HTH Cordially Pascal "tanner g" <noname@dumpster.org> a �crit dans le message de news: Xns963F15BC8A0E81iq9hhf7rhf888s...