borderless printing with publisher

I am trying to print borderless 8.5" x 11" sheets from
publisher to an HP 7660 printer, which can print
borderless. It doesn't seem to be working, was wondering
if publisher is able to print borderless 8.5" x 11" sheets
on their own.

thanks,
fiona
0
anonymous (74722)

Do you have your printer settings set for full bleed?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"fiona" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to print borderless 8.5" x 11" sheets from
> publisher to an HP 7660 printer, which can print
> borderless. It doesn't seem to be working, was wondering
> if publisher is able to print borderless 8.5" x 11" sheets
> on their own.
>
> thanks,
> fiona

---

jl_amerson (3088)
6/25/2004 7:59:11 PM
There is no limitation in Publisher what you can print, only the printer.

What makes you think Publisher is the problem?

If you had read your instruction manual or looked on the HP website, you
would have found the borderless printing is only for 150mm x 100mm
photographs.

There are no known printing issues in any version of Publisher.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1942)
6/25/2004 8:02:07 PM
as far as i know, yes. ive changed the settings to
borderless printing, margins to 0" (under arrange, layout
guides) and also to allow bleed.

Fiona

6/22/2004

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/25/2004 8:03:20 PM
i did actually look on the website, and it says its
supported for 4"x6", and 8.5" x 11" prints. I think
publisher has a problem because ive changed all the
settings i can find, and it is still not printed to the
edge.

any helpful comments are appreciated.

thanks,
fiona

0
anonymous (74722)
6/25/2004 8:10:22 PM
It's a printer setting, not a Publisher setting. Pull up your printer
Properties dialog box. Under the General tab, select Printing Preferences.
Below the Size is spaces there is a space to click on for Borderless
Printing.

(I'm using an HP 5150 but I'm assuming your screen will be the same as
mine.)

--

> as far as i know, yes. ive changed the settings to
> borderless printing, margins to 0" (under arrange, layout
> guides) and also to allow bleed.
>
> Fiona

---

jl_amerson (3088)
6/25/2004 8:11:53 PM
thanks for your help, i have done that, and it's still not
working..but i'll keep playing around and see what i can
do.

thanks,
fiona

(http://www.grisoft.com).
>> 6/22/2004
>>>

>>>.
>>>

>---
6/22/2004

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/25/2004 8:16:04 PM
The following ideas are from my HP User manual:

Make sure you have two cartridges in the carriage.
Make sure you have the paper set for Borderless Autofit. This is only
available for photo paper.

>i did actually look on the website, and it says its
> supported for 4"x6", and 8.5" x 11" prints. I think
> publisher has a problem because ive changed all the
> settings i can find, and it is still not printed to the
> edge.
>
> any helpful comments are appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> fiona

---

jl_amerson (3088)
6/25/2004 8:30:53 PM
thanks for looking that up, i will double check everything
is as it should be.

fiona

6/22/2004

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/25/2004 8:40:53 PM
HP Photosmart 145, 245, 7260, 7660, 7760, and 7960 Printers - Borderless Pictures
Don't Print the Whole Image
http://tinyurl.com/2dl7c

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"fiona" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to print borderless 8.5" x 11" sheets from
> publisher to an HP 7660 printer, which can print
> borderless. It doesn't seem to be working, was wondering
> if publisher is able to print borderless 8.5" x 11" sheets
> on their own.
>
> thanks,
> fiona

0
gsauer (5094)
6/25/2004 9:38:26 PM
I use this method: In my publication I chose page setup
under file and click the printer and paper tab. From
there I chose the properties for whichever printer I'm
using. The hp print settings screen comes up and I chose
whatever settings I want but make sure to specify
boderless 8.5 x 11. I click okay and it should say
bodrless paper in the paper section of the page setup
box. Then I go to file>print without changing the
settings again and it should print boderless. I use a hp
photosmart 7960.

Print to Avery label template as Word doc??
I downloaded the recommended label template (#8257) from Avery.com, but it saved as a Word document. How do I print my Publisher label into this template? Ed Sure you have that number right, Avery and Avery UK don't recognize the number. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23uLQpe7tFHA.3424@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I downloaded the recommended label template (#8257) from Avery.com, but it > saved as a Word document. How do I print my P...

Outlook 2007 Tri Fold Printing
Hi, I just upgraded to Outlook 2007 from 2003. I used to print a tri-fold calendar every week, with the weekly schedule on the left, TaskPad in the middle, and a monthly calendar on the right. With 2007, the monthly calendar on the right does not include any times for meetings. I have even reduced the font size to 2 and it still doesn't help. Also, is there a way to remove/combine weekend days like in 2003? At this point, in both the weekly and monthly trifold print, they are included. In 2003, they would be included in a single/combined box. Any help greatly appre...

HIDE WHEN I PRINT
I have a range to print. But I need two cells that has information to NOT appear tthe information when I print it. This mean that I see it in the monitor but not when I print the document. Is there some way to do this???? Regards in advance qwerty, you could change the font color to the back ground color print the sheet and then change it back. If you do this alot record a macro when you do it and then just run it next time -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is alwa...

Borderless form
I'm trying to create a borderless and caption bar less form. It is so easy in VB6. Any easy way to do it without API's in VBA (Outlook 2k3)? If the form is for use in Outlook, you should post to the microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms newsgroup. I have cross posted this response to that newsgroup so someone there may jump in with a response. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message ...

Selecting and printing
I have a section about 30 rows long and 4 columns wide. These cells are color coded and 3 of the 4 columns are calculated cells. How can I have my user capture an image of this section, expand the font size, then print without color? Thanx!!! Paste it into Word as a picture, resize it, and print to a printer setup that's designed to only print black and white? **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ www.Brainbench.com Word Test Developer 2000,2002,2003 ******************************** "David#" <anonymous@di...

Print Command
This is my print command to print the report with out previewing it. I want to modify it so my print screen will come up to pick the proper printer.I have this simple command, DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint If Err = 2501 Then Err.Clear But don't know how to implement it in this code. I have tried a few things but get errors can anyone help thanks Blair Private Sub Command_Click() Dim stDocName As String If Option66 = True Then stDocName = "1,9,10-12DayRemates,Scratches" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acNormal Text22 = Text22 + 1 If (Text22 >= (Forms![Pro...

Has anyone used publisher for a wedding party newsletter?
Most likely.. if you are looking for a template, Publisher has many incumbents that could be changed to reflect the type of content that you require.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User "kmtexas" <kmtexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1650FA0-B205-4EE7-BCC5-D98CBAE2B6FA@microsoft.com... > I even did a divorce party newsletter once...but don't ask me about templates... I never use them. I used it to make my wedding announcements. No party - we eloped. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Rob Giordano (Crash)"...

Move Printers and Print Server to a different server
I am looking to move my printers to a different server. The operating system on the new server is the same as the existing server (Windows 2003). Can I simply re-create the printers on the new server with the same name and information or do I need to migrate the printers (somehow)? Once the printers are moved, will I need to have my users delete and re-add their printers? I am hoping to avoid having the users delete/add the printers but if this is required then I have no choice. If you have any questions please let me know. Hello Corey, PrintMigrator will help you: ...

print distortion
I am using Publisher 97. When I change printers, the text boxes and text get shifted out of position. Also, if I print to a pdf file converter, it also distorts objects on the pages. Does Publisher 2000, 2002, or 2003, correct this issue? Thanks Eric Hi eric (ev@magnuminspections.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I am using Publisher 97. When I change printers, the text || boxes and text get shifted out of position. Also, if I || print to a pdf file converter, it also distorts objects || on the pages. Does Publisher 2000, 2002, or 2003, correct || this issue? Yes, it doe...

in publisher my printed copies are coming out crooked or slanted
I have created an document and now it is printed out crooked or slanted on the paper. has any one had this to happen? qdfish wrote: > I have created an document and now it is printed out crooked or slanted on > the paper. has any one had this to happen? Adjust the paper feed so that it enters your printer straight. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Kindle and Outline Printing
I have been using the clipping feature of my Kindle electronic book and transfer clippings to Word. Documents of 25-50 clippings result in a 25-50 page Word document. In the Outline mode I can show first lines beautifully. What appears is the clipping citation, a blank line and the first line of text - all with dots in front of them. i.e., everything appears as body text in Outline view. What would be nice is to be able to print this view as is, but everything tried leads to full text printing. How can I get around this problem? PS Kindle has yet to resolve some citatio...

Borderless printing
How do I change to borderless printing when printing the task list in table style for Microsoft Outlook 2003? ...

publisher 2003 set tabs
Thanks for the tip, Publisher 2003, "you must shift-click the L mark instead of merely..." I have been wondering for about six months what happened to the tabs. I was specifically looking for information about this and was reading the posts and fortunately spotted your answer to someone else...got that! Sometimes I don't understand why Microsoft changes the features that were working just fine. Thanks again. ...

Page #s and bottom corner dates have disappeared in printing.
A printing problem! Page #s in upper righthand corner, the url that belongs to the article or pages has disappeared from the page bottom, and the date has disappeared from the lower righthand corner. Look at the page in Print Preview; is the information there? If so it may be a printer problem. If not, check the top and bottom margins, which may be set too low. "flowerpot" <flowerpot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E076CF17-46F0-455A-8534-646E0852CCE9@microsoft.com... >A printing problem! Page #s in upper righthand corner, the url that >belongs ...

printing calendar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop e-mails and taks lists print but I can't get any calendar to print regarless of format. Any suggestions? ...

why do print range erase in Excel when import data from access
I have a workbook set up in Excel 2007 that serves as a template for data dumps from Access 2007. In the Excel template, I have set all the print titles and print ranges for the various worksheets that need to be printed. These worksheets use vlookup formulas to grab the data from Access. When I export my data in Access (via a macro with TransferSpreadsheet) to my Excel workbook, it dumps my data on a new worksheet in my template. After exporting from Access, all the print titles and print ranges for the worksheets that were previously set are gone and I have to go to the Pri...

Printing upside down
Using Publisher to print a cookbook, 8.5 x 11, landscape, two-sided printing, booklet. Today I went to Staples to buy my paper and talked to a gal in the printing department. We created a quick 'fake' eight-page booklet to answer a question we had in amount of paper needed. In doing so, I inserted a textbox with a small amount of text on each page and we printed both sides of the paper. The problem was the back of the paper printed the text upside down. Before I print my actual 250 page document I'd better figure out what in the world is wrong. Thanks. It is a printer se...

Problems with printing an image in message from Outlook 2000
Hello all, We have a user that is having problems printing an email that has an electronic signature (a .bmp file) within it. She has Outlook 2000. I am able to print the email with Outlook XP/2002 and another user can print it with Outlook 2003. We've tried printing on her PC to her local HP 5150 printer, a Xerox 545, and an HP LaserJet 4000, all with the same result. The bitmap shows up with a border and a red X in the top left corner. Thanks in advance for any help. ...

labels not printing correctly
I have set up labels to print using template 8660. However the top labels are too high and some of the print is above the label. The labels at the bottom of the sheet are too low causing those with longer addresses to run below the label. Also the left side of the labels in the far right column are slightly running off as well. Those in the left column are OK on the left side. It is almost like the template is matching to the actual label sheet. Your problem is probably the way your printer is picking up the label stock. Create a full page template if all the labels are to...

Not to print particular cells in excel
Is there any way to not to print just cell B5 for example but print rest of the cells? You could temporarily hide column B or Row 5 but this will work only if there is nothing else in that column or row. You could temporarily set the Fill colour and Font colour to white. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions <dhilipb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148285468.840848.287890@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to not to print just cell B5 for example but print > rest of the cells? Instead you can create a custom format and only put in ;;; as the format...

Printing to One Page
When I print, my flowchart prints half on one page and half on another. Eventhough the chart will fit on one page. How can I fix this. Sorry I found the information on another thread. I have downloaded the update pack from Microsoft and hopefully that will help. "Rob" wrote: > When I print, my flowchart prints half on one page and half on another. > Eventhough the chart will fit on one page. How can I fix this. ...

Unable to delete CBM batch as cheques have been printed
While entering payments in the CBM batches, our client had accidently pressed the print cheque button. now he saved the transaction without entering the distribution as well. Now the batch cannot be deleted as the cheques were printed and the transaction cannot be posted as the distribution was not entered. The distribution button is disabled so we are unable to modify the distribution as well. I understand that I will have to delete the transactions manually using SQL Queries. Could someone guide me as to which tables to modify. The client is using GP 10 with SQL server 2005 ...

Printing Monthly Calendar (Outlook 2007)
My work has upgraded from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. Every month I print off the monthly view so I can monitor regular events. Outlook 2003 monthly print option only displayed the current month (5 weeks). In Outlook 2007 I am getting a six week view which is compressing the meeting information and displaying some of the next month. Is there a way I can set this so I only get the current month ? -- Malcolm Do you have all the latest updates installed? Outlook 2007 should print exactly 1 month - but there was a bug in early builds and it always did 6 weeks. -- Diane P...

Outlook 9/2000 Print problem
Dear, Office 2000 (9) SP2 on Windows 2000 Prof. SP3 and set as IMO (Internet Mail Only). The JPeG can't print if that email created by Excel -> Insert Objcec from file -> Send to recipent. The text can print, the JPeG appear as a dead link with a red-corss icon... rgds, David and thanks!! ...

Printing #7
I print my page and it has a row of text down the left side that does not show on the page on the computer. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Von <alton_von@yahoo.com>!"... > I print my page and it has a row of text down the left side that does > not show on the page on the computer. What does the text say? Is the text present on any other pages of your publication? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm you probabel...