Borderart Questions

Hello Folks
For the first time, I want to use a borderart on a page that has a
background. Unfortunately most borderart results in an ugly white line around
the inner edge of the borderart itself. I do realise why the line is there on
some of the borderarts, but why it is there on say 'swirligig' is beyond me.
Is there way or workaround to make the white line disappear?

Also, is there a Microsoft or other link to download more borderart. I
realise it is possible to make some yourself but it always tends to look a
bit rubbish and the same ones over the years tends to get a bit boring.

Your help is and always has been very much appreciated.
Thanking you in anticipation
<-><-><-><->
Big Rick
0
BigRick (138)

Select the *Swirligig*, copy, paste special as a .wmf. Arrange, Ungroup. You may
have to ungroup several times. Delete the white parts.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Folks
> For the first time, I want to use a borderart on a page that has a
> background. Unfortunately most borderart results in an ugly white line around
> the inner edge of the borderart itself. I do realise why the line is there on
> some of the borderarts, but why it is there on say 'swirligig' is beyond me.
> Is there way or workaround to make the white line disappear?
>
> Also, is there a Microsoft or other link to download more borderart. I
> realise it is possible to make some yourself but it always tends to look a
> bit rubbish and the same ones over the years tends to get a bit boring.
>
> Your help is and always has been very much appreciated.
> Thanking you in anticipation
> <-><-><-><->
> Big Rick

0
mary.sauer (2018)
1/20/2009 11:38:59 AM
P.S. It is simple to make your own BorderArt. Find an image you like, select the
image, press ctrl while dragging, the image will copy. Rotate the for the bottom
and sides.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Big Rick" <BigRick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Folks
> For the first time, I want to use a borderart on a page that has a
> background. Unfortunately most borderart results in an ugly white line around
> the inner edge of the borderart itself. I do realise why the line is there on
> some of the borderarts, but why it is there on say 'swirligig' is beyond me.
> Is there way or workaround to make the white line disappear?
>
> Also, is there a Microsoft or other link to download more borderart. I
> realise it is possible to make some yourself but it always tends to look a
> bit rubbish and the same ones over the years tends to get a bit boring.
>
> Your help is and always has been very much appreciated.
> Thanking you in anticipation
> <-><-><-><->
> Big Rick

0
mary.sauer (2018)
1/20/2009 11:43:44 AM
Mary Sauer wrote:
> P.S. It is simple to make your own BorderArt. Find an image you like, select the
> image, press ctrl while dragging, the image will copy. Rotate the for the bottom
> and sides.

Additional tip: You can use Arrange > Align or Distribute > Distribute
(horizontally or vertically) when you're done to equalise the spacing.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

I was aware of the Paste Special trick on clipart. It did not even occur to
me to use it on Borderart.
Thanks for the others ideas as well, I just might use these in the future.

Many thanks to you both.
--
<-><-><-><->
Big Rick

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Mary Sauer wrote:
> > P.S. It is simple to make your own BorderArt. Find an image you like, select the
> > image, press ctrl while dragging, the image will copy. Rotate the for the bottom
> > and sides.
>
> Additional tip: You can use Arrange > Align or Distribute > Distribute
> (horizontally or vertically) when you're done to equalise the spacing.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
BigRick (138)

Upgrade question
I am currently using M2005 Small Buisness. I would like to upgrade to M2006 Premium because we no longer have our small buisness. Does anyone know if the buisness section catagories will transfer to the new version? TIA moncho Yes, the business categories will transfer, but you won't have access to the special "Accounts Receivable" account. -- "moncho" <moncho@NOspamAMmeritech.net> wrote in message news:PDDOe.891$eQ.643@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com... >I am currently using M2005 Small Buisness. > > I would like to upgrade to M2006 Premium beca...

question #7
Hello I have a question any help would be appreciated. In column A I have around 1500 dates and in column B also,and I want to make column C that will have differences in years for every row.How can i do that? Hi C2=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"y") etc. -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "Crni Zeko" <innercityfirmnospam@inet.hr> wrote in message news:cl08cs$oor$1@sunce.iskon.hr... > Hello > I have a question any help would be appreciated. > In column A I have around 1500 dates and in column B also,and I want to make &g...

IF and THEN question
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where a certain column display what is to be done with the information. For example: A B C D 123 456 789 DELETE 987 654 321 ADD What I'd like to do in column E is to make a formula that says: If D1 equals DELETE, then put the value DEL in E1 If D1 had been ADD, then I would want the value PUT in E1 Does this make any sense? Thanks for any help! Thomas --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Thomas put the following in E1: =IF(D1="DELETE","DEL",IF(D1="ADD","PUT",&quo...

Question #2
Hey I have a pretty complicated question, it's probably easy for wel versed users, but I'm not sure what the cleanest way to do this is Here's what I'm doing. I'm taking a column of numbers, then in th column next to it I want to do the following =(B2/(AVERAGE(B2:B29))*75 I've figured it out to that point, but rather than adjusting each o the other cells when I use the format painter to find this value in th column, I'd like to just be able to format them all the same and hav them all find their value I hope this explains what I'm trying to do well enough,...

Compacting question
I have WinXP, OE6. My computer man made a file folder by size of my OE personal folders, so I would know which ones most badly need compacting (before I do an external backup). I prefer to compact folders individually, rather than "compact all'. Here is my question: The 4 or 5 largest ones, in addition to showing "folder name.dbx" also have a "folder name.bak". When it gets almost to the end of the compacting, I get this message: "The folder is currently in use by Outlook Express or by another application" and it quits the compacting....

Pub 2003 Borderart Issue
Hi, I have a lapto running Vista and Norton Internet Security 2007. I have installed Office Professional 2003. I am using Publisher and wish to create a custom borderart. I pick the clipart file that I want and click ok, I then get the following error message "Publisher cannot open the file". I have run Microsoft update, installed SP2 for Office, run the update for Norton in case this was the problem, but now I am stumped! Any help or advice? Many thanks, Vickie Could be the clipart is too big to create the BorderArt. Resize the picture and try again. -- Mary Sau...

Offline Address book question.
Several articles about OAB referes to "siteFolderServer" attribute in AD. However I'm bit confused as to which object in AD is being referred. What I found that at least two Exchange objects has "siteFolderServer" attribute. - CN=Default Offline AddressList,CN=Offline Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=<FIRST ORGANIZATION>,CN=MICROSOFT EXCHANGE,CN=SERVICES,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=*,DC=local" - CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=<First Organization>,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=*,DC=local Can an...

XmlTextWriter Usage question
I would like to store the contents of the xml created via the XmlTextWriter to a string as opposed to a file. Is this possible ? If so how ? Is this the best way to create xml that gets stored to a variable? Am I better off using the xmldom ? This is possible, in fact it's even pretty easy. Create a StringWriter that writes to a stringbuilder, or a stream based on a memory stream. Pass either of these to the XmlTextWriter, perform your operations, then pull your string out of the stringbuilder or the memory stream. It's about 3 lines of code, total... -- Chris Mullins,...

Hurray !!!! Passed Certifications Exam Hello, Visit http://ITRealExams.com to download all real exams actual questions and answers certification exams dumps like MCSE, MCTS, MBS, SCJB, A+, CCIE, C
Hurray !!!! Passed Certifications Exam Hello, Visit http://ITRealExams.com to download all real exams actual questions and answers certification exams dumps like MCSE, MCTS, MBS, SCJB, A+, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, Oracle 10g 9i, IBM, HP, Vmware and many more. ...

Really easy question
I know that this must be a very basic question but I just can't find the answer to it in excel help. When I am typing in a cell how can I force excel to start a new line without tabing the word to the end of the current cell. i.e. This is what I get Mr Jones 25 Freemount Street Potter Bar End and this is what I would like Mr Jones 25 Freemount Street Potter Bar End Apologies for the really silly question. Thank you rit...@hotmail.com wrote: > When I am typing in a cell how can I force excel to start a new line ALT+ENTER On 31 Oct 2005 22:21:24 -0800, "Bucky" <u...

CPrintDialog question #2
I am using the following code to print a dialog. The problem is that the resulting print is blocked out under the print dialog (data missing that was under the printer selection dialog). void CResultsDlg::OnBnClickedPrint() { CPrintDialog dlg(FALSE); if (dlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { // Create a printer device context (DC) based on the information // selected from the Print dialog. HDC hdc = dlg.CreatePrinterDC(); ASSERT(hdc); CString strWindowTitle; GetWindowText(strWindowTitle); VERIFY(PrintWindow(m_hWnd,hdc,strWindowTitle)); CDC::FromHandle(hdc)->DeleteDC(); } } What can I do ...

macros vba question
is there a way that when I save as a file. If a cell in a worksheet says Week 1 it will copy and paste with vaules a col if if says week 2 is will copy and paste with values a different col in the worksheet You can do this with a macro. I am assuming you mean a particular cell on a particular sheet, not just any cell on any sheet. The following code checks cell A1 on Sheet1 whenever you save the workbook. If A1 contains Week 1 then column D is copied & pasted in place as values. If A1 contains Week 2 then column E is copied & pasted in place as values. Private Sub W...

ChartLabeler Questions
I have been using the ChartLabeler from appspro.com that by the way it is fantastic!!!!!!. in all my charts to add difference kind of labels However, I have noticed that every time I have new data to load in my chart the chartlabeler does not update automatically the new points loaded in the graph. I have more than 30 graphs in this file and I have to add the label again to each graph to get the new point with the label. Do you know if there is any way to automate this chartlabeler? I will appreciate you helping with this matter. Maperalia Unfortunately the labeler cannot keep up wi...

Database Design Question
I am very new to database design, and kind of learning as I go. Thus I have a question about the design of my database. I am working on a budget database. I have a table that contains all the Categories (Cat_ID, Description, Income/Expense), a table with transactions (I have other tables doing other unrelated things. I have a form to input transactions, and a form to add new categories (This is a multiple items form). The categories is basically my chart of accounts. My ultimate goal is to create a form where I can select a budget month and year, and have it list all t...

Taskbar question.
I am using Windows XP with all updates. When I hover the cursor over the clock icon in the taskbar a little box appears with the whole date such as “Tuesday, March 2, 2010”. Recently that has stopped working in the fact that the description box still opens up but it is hidden behind the taskbar. I can just see the top edge of the box. After playing around I have found that un-checking the keep taskbar on top option, the description is now visible but, alas, the taskbar will soon get covered up and I want it always on top. Any suggestions on how to fix this? -- Thanks, Ro...

Exmerge append question
Hi there, I'm currently looking into ways to doing efficient offsite storage using Brick Level Backups of the Exchange database. As the size of the resulting .PST files is obviously an issue (in terms of the time taken to copy them over a VPN connection), I had originally set it up so that it would append to the existing .pst files. This all seemed to be working fine. However, I had a user have a clearout of a load of old emails, and it was then that I noticed that the .pst file hadn't reduced in size - although it appends any new mails to the .PST file, it doesn't appear to dele...

CWnd creation question and CFrameWnd question
So you create a child window use CWnd::Create(). I can create a main window (windows window?) by using CFrameWnd::Create(). I'm trying to figure out how to create my own CFrameWnd from Cwnd and how they are related. Since CFrameWnd is a subclass of CWnd, shouldn't I be able to create a main window using CWnd::Create? It keeps asserting an error that I can't seem to trap (it just ends to app if I select Debug and if I step into it manually, I can hold down F11 for about a minute and it just keeps going through assembly code and such). I'm thinking because I send it NULL for...

mailbox permission question
Is there an easy way in A.D. / Exchange 2003 to grant mailbox read permissions for an entire store to a given user / admin? thanks! Scott, you can do this by right-clicking the Administrative group which contains the information store you want access to, and delegate Full Exchange permissions to the user / admin you want. Or, you can right-click the Exchange server > security > Assign appropriate permissions Hope this helps. Regards, Mark Hewitson MCSE+M mhewitson[at]infomedia[dot]com[dot[au] "scott mcfadden" wrote: > Is there an easy way in A.D. / Exchange 20...

Chart
Hello, I created a line column chart on 2 axis. I have four data sets. The first 3 should go on the primary Y axis as columns and the 4th should go on the secondary Y axis as a line. However, Excel wants to automatically put both the 3rd and 4th data sets on the secondary axis as lines. I cannot find any command to change the 3rd data set to go onto the primary axis as a column. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! -Patty On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:27:33 -0800, Patty = <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I created a line column chart on 2 ...

Email question
I use Outlook Express for sending & receiving email. After downloading IE7, the ability to underline words in email seems not to be available any more along with the font color I used to write emails. What happened and can I get these features back? Tools | Options | Send. Is the Mail Setting Format set to Plain Text or HTML? You won't even see the Format Bar if Plain Text is selected. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "jag" <yagerj@charter.net> wrote in message news:lXj8n.31026$BV.25131@newsfe07.iad... >...

Question to check the conditions and then print the result.
Hey guys can anyone help me? my question is that ... Assume that there is a student work sheet and there are 4 columns ........ now we have to check that if the marks of the first two columns(checking individually) are less than 40 and also the marks of the next two columns are less than 30(checking individually). if these two conditions satisfy then i should get the grade as pass in the grade column. hope u got my question. =IF(AND(C2<40,D2<40,E2<30,F2<30),"Pass","") -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Neelakanta" <Neelakanta@di...

Stupid question
I'm currently using Microsoft Money 2005 and they are continuously trying to sell me 2006. So why am I still using office 2003? (and One Note 2003) When is an update that really improves on some of these Outlook probs & expands some of the valued features expected??? Money and Outlook have nothing to do with each other. What are you really asking? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, spondee asked: | I'm...

Question not answered
This site is great-I would have given up on Access a long time ago if it weren't for this site and the grat people who take their own time to help us stumblers. Twice, I have had questions unanswered and also have clicked on interesting questions by others that were unanswered. What does it mean?. Unanswerable or too stupid a question, or just lost in the shuffle? Probably means you're asking them in the wrong newgroup...this one is for FrontPage a web authoring program...Access is a database program. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression...

NEWBIE question
I have a worksheet and I need to ALPHABATIZE this list of names. It was already done, but I had to delete some names and add others. Is there an easy way to do this without having to retype all of these? Sorry if this question seems silly but I have no idea how to use excel. This worksheet was already done and given to me. Thanks, Missy Hi Missy you can try the following: 1. Add a helper column adjacent to your text column (assumption: A is your text column and B your helper column) 2. In B1 insert the following formula: =UPPER(A1) copy this down for all rows 3. Highlich column B and ...

Color question?
Hello Everyone, I am using Visio 2000 SR1 and have had difficulties copying and pasting into Word. When I do Control/c and Control/v, I get lines and color drawn incorrectly. I fixed this by doing Edit/Select All/Copy. That preserved all of the lines and most of the color. However, I have a title that is in grey which continues to appear black when pasted into Word. This happens when pasted from the clipboard or as a picture. It is odd because other things are coming out grey as they are supposed to. Does anyone know what I might try to retain the grey color in my title? Thanks a lo...