Border with text

I'm trying to make a border using text.  I want to repeat the same phrase
over and over again.  Idealy, I'd like the words to make a rectangular border
for a sign...  and when it hit the corner of the page, the phrase would
continue down the next angle, and so on, until it made a box.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?
0
Carli (2)

WordArt would be your only option. If you had a draw program...
Serif has a free draw application.
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/

OpenOffice is free and has a draw feature. www.openoffice.org

I have a method using WordArt on my web site that might be useful if you have a
lot of time and patience. Scroll way down.
http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Carli" <Carli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to make a border using text.  I want to repeat the same phrase
> over and over again.  Idealy, I'd like the words to make a rectangular border
> for a sign...  and when it hit the corner of the page, the phrase would
> continue down the next angle, and so on, until it made a box.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/25/2008 6:03:52 PM
I just downloaded Serif.  I will mess around with that.

Thank You

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> WordArt would be your only option. If you had a draw program...
> Serif has a free draw application.
> http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/
>
> OpenOffice is free and has a draw feature. www.openoffice.org
>
> I have a method using WordArt on my web site that might be useful if you have a
> lot of time and patience. Scroll way down.
> http://msauer.mvps.org/wordart_in_microsoft_publisher.htm
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Carli" <Carli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to make a border using text.  I want to repeat the same phrase
> > over and over again.  Idealy, I'd like the words to make a rectangular border
> > for a sign...  and when it hit the corner of the page, the phrase would
> > continue down the next angle, and so on, until it made a box.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

0
Carli (2)

Creating borders
can you create a border using a clipart image? I have a request from a client to create a border of many kangaroos and I thought I could convert an image to create a border - but cannot figure it out Thanks! If the image is not too complex, draw a rectangle, Lines, More Lines, BorderArt, Create custom. There are a lot of kangaroos on the Office site. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/results.aspx?qu=kangaroo&sc=20#0 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DAFB093-2B75-4E2E-B7F9-25502BC153DC@microso...

Missing Text From Brochure Template
Students recently created brochures using Publisher tri-fold templates. They changed the text and added graphics, saved the changes, then sent as e-mail attachments to the instructor. When the instructor opened the .pub, the text in some of the brochures converted back to the latin found in the template. Some text boxes came through and some didn't. Both parties are using Pub 2003, WIndowsXP and Outlook Exchange Server. Any ideas? I've sent myself 6 different brochures, none changed when I received them back. If the students saved the document correctly there is no way the ...

Oops! can I change border now?
Well I've just spent months working on my first Publisher document. I've created a 34 page catalog which looks quite nice... I spent a lot of time making sure the master page was nice and even. I did a test print out and it looked fine...however... I forgot that the pages will be stapled...and that though the catalog is acceptable the way it is...I should really move the entire printed area over slightly to the right. Since all pages have used the same master page layout...is there some simple way to get all objects shifted over...on all pages? It would be way too time consuming to mo...

Transfer text from one field to another
Is there a way to use a command button to transfer text from one field to another? For instance, lets say I have a two fields like txtCurrentOrder and txtPreviousOrder. I want a command button that says, "Add New Order" and when it is clicked, I want to transfer the information in txtCurrentOrder to the txtPreviousOrder field. (They're in the same table.) Any suggestions?? Assuming that the button is named cmdAdd, something like Private Sub cmdAdd_Click() Me.txtPreviousOrder = Me.txtCurrentOrder End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no ...

Borders with figures
Hi, I like to make some advertisements. As a border I want to use a picture, for example easter eggs or trees wich are repeating. In Word 2007 I did this by using tabs left and right for the border and insert the image in the textrule, but this is not verry handy. How can I do this easely? Is there an option to just choose the picture and set it as a border? Thank you for responding. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BorderArt.htm. If you have Publisher, you will find it a better application for this purpose. Word's Border Art selections do include an Easter egg ...

I'm having problems inserting text files from notepad
When I try to insert a text file created in notepad, which contains characters such as £, $ or letters with symbols over them, into a text box in Publisher 2003 it comes up with a File Conversion window, and the options to choose the Text encoding option. This didnt happen in our older version of Publisher, on our old PCs. We have new PC running Windows XP and Office Professional 2003 and I want to be able to insert the files without this window appearing. I have checked the registry and CharacterSet value is set to ANSI. Any suggestions on what is happening and how I can correct...

Text field validation 11-17-04
I am trying to add a function that will validate a text field in CRM Account form. I need to call that function whenever the users enter a value in the text field. I know there are no events for text fields. Where should I define the validate function? It it in wwwroot\SFA\accts\edit.aspx or acct_cont.js file? This function will not be called from OnLoad event. I want to create the function that will simulate as KeyPress (or) OnChange event? Appreciate your responses Thanks. If you search on the history of this group via Google, you will find a few posts that outline options for addi...

Combine Ranges to Draw Borders Issue
I have a Sub that I want to combine some ranges and draws borders around them. The ranges are actually next to each other and when I use the Union function it combines the ranges all into one address instead of a bunch of addresses. For example: the below code shows rng.Address = $C$10:$H$14, thus borders get drawn around that range. But I want to draw borders around all the little ranges I specified in rng, thus I want rng.Address = $C$10:$E$14,$F$10:$F$14,$G$10:$G$14,$H$10:$H$14 Is there a way to do this? Sub DrawBorders() Dim rng As Range ' union ...

Cell border before page break
Hello experts! Is it somehow possible to tell Excel to put bottom cell border to the last cell before each page break? Thanks for the answer. Regards. try Sub dopagebrk() With ActiveSheet For i = 1 To .HPageBreaks.Count .HPageBreaks.Item(i).Location.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle = xlContinuous Next i End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Pygmalion" <marko@pinteric.com> wrote in message news:1168332767.626684.176240@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hello experts! > > Is it somehow possible to tell Excel to put b...

Format in an unbound Text Box
Hi all, I have a form that I have put an unbound text box in, which displays the previous entries from my table. One of my fields is Current Time. Which on my form I set to Short Date (military time). How can I have my unbound text display Short time as well. here is my code (control source of my unbound text box). SELECT DISTINCTROW tblSITLog.[current time], tblSITLog.MONTH, tblSITLog.DAY, tblSITLog.SIT, tblSITLog.[NATURE OF iNCIDENT], tblSITLog.[Case Description], tblSITLog.Incident_Number FROM tblSITLog WHERE (((tblSITLog.[NATURE OF iNCIDENT])="CHRONO ENTRY")) ORDER BY...

search text for substring and change text colour of substring
I need to search for a substring within a text string, and if it is present, change the colour of the text, for the substring only, to highlight it. For example, I have a sheet with 1 column and 200 rows containing text strings 100 characters long. I want to find all instances of the text string "CAT" in any cell and then change the colour of the letters CAT wherever found. Also I need to add an index in the second column, with a value of "1" if the substring was found in the same row or a "0" if not found. I know I can search for substrings and return starting po...

corner borders (?) printing on my document
I am creating a card on Publisher. On the left side of my document there is a corner (ninety degree angles) appearing on my document as well as small lines at the bottom and top middle. I see them on print preview, but I don't want them to print. How do I remove them. I don't know what they are called and therefore cannot search any Help topics. I am also having problem centering my text on this card. Do these lines have anything to do with that? thank you, thank you, thank you for your help. I am making up wedding invitations on these cards for a friend and am at my wits end. ...

Underlining text that disapears when you use zoom
When I underline text in 75% and then use zoom to 100% the underlines disappear and I'm unable to put the lines back in while being in 100%.. Read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Beth" <Beth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:647B45F8-F8F7-4A1A-B256-5FD3796D65B8@microsoft.com... > When I underline text in 75% and then use zoom to 100% the underlines > disappear and I'm unable to put the lines back in whil...

incoming Email with text and pictures shows text but no picture ?
I get Emails with text and pictures the text displays down the left side but the pictures fail to display the right side is blank, can I rectify ...

Disable quoting highlighted text?
Is there any way to make Entourage 2008 stop only quoting the highlighted text? It's really annoying to me, since sometimes I'll have highlighted something to copy and then later on reply to the email, forgetting I had highlighted that text. I'd love to disable that functionality. It's counterproductive for me. Apple Mail has a preference to disable it. Thanks. -Ken On 12/7/09 6:38 AM, in article 8828bb92-a1c3-4b8a-9dbb-869b7cc51f87@h2g2000vbd.googlegroups.com, "Ken W." <huskerdu@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there any way to make Entourage 200...

Printing White Text on Colored Paper
Help! I am trying to create a Flyer and the paper I am printing is already colored. I wanted to print some white text, however, when I go to print, the white is clear and my paper color comes through. Also, I have a picture of a house on the file and where the sidewalk is I can see nothing but my background. Anybody know how to get around this issue? Thanks Most consumer desktop printers do not have white ink. If this is what you *really* want, check with a commercial printer and see if they can help you. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "KG" <kelly@chrisj...

move values text in graphs all series at once. Excel
Using excel since Office 4.0x, I wonder how come we cannot move all values text in a bar chart. The programs always put this text at the top of the bars. Is there a way to move all of them at once? I have tried to do it, but everytime I try to select them it allow me to move only one label. Thanks and good luck. Tibuix ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sug...

Text File Comparison
Hello: I have 2 separate text file each containing a bunch of IP addresses. The first text file (TextIP-1.txt) contains 100 IP addresses; list 1 below the other. The second text file (TextIP-2.txt) contains 56 IP addresses; listed 1 below the other. I am looking to compare the content of these 2 text files & identify those overlapping IP addresses that exist in BOTH of these text files. Maybe the results can be printed to a third text file. Any help appreciated. * Is there a simple Excel function that can achieve this objective ? Thanks in advance. Jo. <JoJo> w...

Text Color
Is there a way to change font color in the Subject Line? You can change the default color of text in the message body, but to my knowledge, not the color of text in the subject line, as it's a field of the message form that does not allow formatting. With that said, and without testing it, you might be able to redesign the form that Outlook uses (Tools > Forms > Design a Form) and select the subject field, access its properties, and change the default format there. "Allison" <Allison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:132F0509-D374-4644-8D26-F31633EC...

how do i get cell to change colour when text is added to it to hi.
I am trying to add a feature that I have been told excists, where when data is added into a cell the cell will autiomaticaly change its colour so at a glance you can see the diffrence. Thanks mark Hi Mav- Among other possibilities, you may be referring to Conditional Formatting or Track Changes. Check them out in Help to see which best suits your needs. Post back with any specific questions. Good Luck |:>) "Mav" wrote: > I am trying to add a feature that I have been told excists, where when data > is added into a cell the cell will autiomaticaly change its colour ...

Publisher Text Box #2
I am looking for guidance on missing text from text boxes. I understand how overflow works, but this is a different problem. I am preparing a trifold pamphlet where it's important that my text fits into each third without overlapping the folds. I have one long text box filling each third. The only text box that displays all contents when printed is the center third. The first few letters of each line in the left third are curtailed at the left margin. The last few letters of each line in the right third are curtailed at the right margin. I have played around with the margins on bot...

Content of e-mail (in plain text) is duplicated.
I have an issue that just started recently. When receiving external plain text e-mails the body text is duplicated. This doesn't happen every time but most of the time when receiving external plain text e-mails with no attachment. If I receive an external plain text e-mail with an attachment the e-mail is okay. Here's an example: 3. xxx Pitch Book I distributed the short list of "official" questions at the last meeting. That might be a start. Would the Council want to invite written responses from the parish? 4. Contact xxx regarding a development director See...

How do I Exit from Text Box?
I got into the Add Text Box Function. Now I want to get back to Normal Editing. Every time I Click, Visio wants to add another Text Box. go select the pointer tool... al "Ralph Johnston" <Ralph Johnston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F5E3B47-1DF7-45A1-928C-89B145E3FC51@microsoft.com... >I got into the Add Text Box Function. > Now I want to get back to Normal Editing. > Every time I Click, Visio wants to add another Text Box. Ctrl + 1 -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "Ralph Johnston" <Ralph Johnston@discussions.micr...

All incoming e-mail has a .txt attachment with message text
My problem seems to be the same as Rob-J. Starting this morning, all incoming e-mail received into Outlook 2000 (with SP-3 applied) now has both the regular incoming text, plus a .txt attachment with the exact same text in it. I have made no changes to any Outlook settings or Windows XP settings. Of course, some whacko keystroke may have occurred unbeknownst to me and done something, but of course I can't know that. Now for the really interesting part. I also have Outlook 2000 with SP-3 applied also installed on my laptop. It does NOT experience this problem! I have compare...

email signature with logo and text
hello, looking for a way to add the logo of my company along my coordinates to my outgoing e-mail signature. i am using microsoft outlook 2003, my mail format is formated with word as text editor and i am using RTF or HTML as the format of the mail. i could not figure it out. does anybody can help with this? kindly advise and regards, GIGI Could you please try the follwing and please let me know if this is the same procedure you have done to setup the signature 1. Go to Tools | Options | Mail Format | Internet Settings and check �When an HTML message contains pictures located on th...