booklet to pdf

Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a 
pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the same 
pdf page?
I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and 
please answer in newbie language).
Thanks,
Seagull
0
Seagull (4)
6/13/2009 7:15:01 AM
publisher 21446 articles. 4 followers. Follow

6 Replies
2777 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 40

What size is your booklet?

If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application for 
half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm if you 
are using A4 stock.
On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above.
If your document is letter/A4 size, change the page setup to letter/A4.

-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B9DB5909-AB6B-4E8B-AEBB-29D718F7FDF2@microsoft.com...
> Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a
> pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the same
> pdf page?
> I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and
> please answer in newbie language).
> Thanks,
> Seagull 


0
mary.sauer (2018)
6/13/2009 10:44:14 AM
Mary,
Thanks for your quick reply but this didn't solve my problem.  Let me 
explain a little more what I did (maybe I'm missing a step - this is my first 
Publisher project).

I created my booklet (44 pages) and printed it.  It came out fine with 11 
2-sided printed pages.  Now I want to turn it into a pdf document for online 
viewing (for uninteresting reasons it has to be pdf).  When I click on 
"publish to pdf" and then open the published document, I see a 22 page 
document with 2 pages appearing together (front and back cover together,  
page 1 with page 40, etc.).  It doesn't matter what size I set the document 
as (in publisher).  If the size is set smaller, I see part of the double 
pages (for example, half the right side page with half the left side).  I 
also tried redefining the document as single sheets rather than a booklet.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?  
Thanks again,
Seagull

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What size is your booklet?
> 
> If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application for 
> half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm if you 
> are using A4 stock.
> On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above.
> If your document is letter/A4 size, change the page setup to letter/A4.
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> 
> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:B9DB5909-AB6B-4E8B-AEBB-29D718F7FDF2@microsoft.com...
> > Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a
> > pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the same
> > pdf page?
> > I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and
> > please answer in newbie language).
> > Thanks,
> > Seagull 
> 
> 
> 
0
Seagull (4)
6/14/2009 6:02:01 AM
The directions I gave will separate the booklet into 44 single pages. All you 
have to do is create the custom page setup in your PDF printer. You don't need 
to create a custom size if you created the booklet in tabloid (17x11) or 
whatever is equivalent in UK, simple select letter/A4 in the page setup.

-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:84065057-8398-4F23-90F8-B5047EFC35F8@microsoft.com...
> Mary,
> Thanks for your quick reply but this didn't solve my problem.  Let me
> explain a little more what I did (maybe I'm missing a step - this is my first
> Publisher project).
>
> I created my booklet (44 pages) and printed it.  It came out fine with 11
> 2-sided printed pages.  Now I want to turn it into a pdf document for online
> viewing (for uninteresting reasons it has to be pdf).  When I click on
> "publish to pdf" and then open the published document, I see a 22 page
> document with 2 pages appearing together (front and back cover together,
> page 1 with page 40, etc.).  It doesn't matter what size I set the document
> as (in publisher).  If the size is set smaller, I see part of the double
> pages (for example, half the right side page with half the left side).  I
> also tried redefining the document as single sheets rather than a booklet.
>
> Is what I'm trying to do possible?
> Thanks again,
> Seagull
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What size is your booklet?
>>
>> If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application 
>> for
>> half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm if 
>> you
>> are using A4 stock.
>> On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above.
>> If your document is letter/A4 size, change the page setup to letter/A4.
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:B9DB5909-AB6B-4E8B-AEBB-29D718F7FDF2@microsoft.com...
>> > Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a
>> > pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the 
>> > same
>> > pdf page?
>> > I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and
>> > please answer in newbie language).
>> > Thanks,
>> > Seagull
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary.sauer (2018)
6/14/2009 10:39:58 AM
Hi Mary,
I think I'm beginning to understand why I'm having a problem understanding 
your instructions.  What do you mean by "your PDF printer"?  I'm trying to 
export to PDF using command in Publisher "publish as PDF or XPS".  Should I 
be doing something else? By the way, my booklet was A4 in landscape.
Thanks again,
Seagull

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> The directions I gave will separate the booklet into 44 single pages. All you 
> have to do is create the custom page setup in your PDF printer. You don't need 
> to create a custom size if you created the booklet in tabloid (17x11) or 
> whatever is equivalent in UK, simple select letter/A4 in the page setup.
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> 
> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:84065057-8398-4F23-90F8-B5047EFC35F8@microsoft.com...
> > Mary,
> > Thanks for your quick reply but this didn't solve my problem.  Let me
> > explain a little more what I did (maybe I'm missing a step - this is my first
> > Publisher project).
> >
> > I created my booklet (44 pages) and printed it.  It came out fine with 11
> > 2-sided printed pages.  Now I want to turn it into a pdf document for online
> > viewing (for uninteresting reasons it has to be pdf).  When I click on
> > "publish to pdf" and then open the published document, I see a 22 page
> > document with 2 pages appearing together (front and back cover together,
> > page 1 with page 40, etc.).  It doesn't matter what size I set the document
> > as (in publisher).  If the size is set smaller, I see part of the double
> > pages (for example, half the right side page with half the left side).  I
> > also tried redefining the document as single sheets rather than a booklet.
> >
> > Is what I'm trying to do possible?
> > Thanks again,
> > Seagull
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> What size is your booklet?
> >>
> >> If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application 
> >> for
> >> half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm if 
> >> you
> >> are using A4 stock.
> >> On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above.
> >> If your document is letter/A4 size, change the page setup to letter/A4.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:B9DB5909-AB6B-4E8B-AEBB-29D718F7FDF2@microsoft.com...
> >> > Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a
> >> > pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the 
> >> > same
> >> > pdf page?
> >> > I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and
> >> > please answer in newbie language).
> >> > Thanks,
> >> > Seagull
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Seagull (4)
6/15/2009 5:53:01 AM
I assumed you were using Acrobat or something similar. After you finish your 
custom page setup, File, Save As Type, PDF, Click Change, Click Print options, 
Custom, Portrait, type 13.97cm X 21.59cm for a half page, or change to A4 for a 
whole sheet.

-- 
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:6BCEE1BE-0F80-4065-8EDD-6B89453007C7@microsoft.com...
> Hi Mary,
> I think I'm beginning to understand why I'm having a problem understanding
> your instructions.  What do you mean by "your PDF printer"?  I'm trying to
> export to PDF using command in Publisher "publish as PDF or XPS".  Should I
> be doing something else? By the way, my booklet was A4 in landscape.
> Thanks again,
> Seagull
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> The directions I gave will separate the booklet into 44 single pages. All you
>> have to do is create the custom page setup in your PDF printer. You don't 
>> need
>> to create a custom size if you created the booklet in tabloid (17x11) or
>> whatever is equivalent in UK, simple select letter/A4 in the page setup.
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:84065057-8398-4F23-90F8-B5047EFC35F8@microsoft.com...
>> > Mary,
>> > Thanks for your quick reply but this didn't solve my problem.  Let me
>> > explain a little more what I did (maybe I'm missing a step - this is my 
>> > first
>> > Publisher project).
>> >
>> > I created my booklet (44 pages) and printed it.  It came out fine with 11
>> > 2-sided printed pages.  Now I want to turn it into a pdf document for 
>> > online
>> > viewing (for uninteresting reasons it has to be pdf).  When I click on
>> > "publish to pdf" and then open the published document, I see a 22 page
>> > document with 2 pages appearing together (front and back cover together,
>> > page 1 with page 40, etc.).  It doesn't matter what size I set the document
>> > as (in publisher).  If the size is set smaller, I see part of the double
>> > pages (for example, half the right side page with half the left side).  I
>> > also tried redefining the document as single sheets rather than a booklet.
>> >
>> > Is what I'm trying to do possible?
>> > Thanks again,
>> > Seagull
>> >
>> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >
>> >> What size is your booklet?
>> >>
>> >> If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application
>> >> for
>> >> half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm 
>> >> if
>> >> you
>> >> are using A4 stock.
>> >> On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above.
>> >> If your document is letter/A4 size, change the page setup to letter/A4.
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Mary Sauer
>> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >>
>> >> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:B9DB5909-AB6B-4E8B-AEBB-29D718F7FDF2@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to 
>> >> > a
>> >> > pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the
>> >> > same
>> >> > pdf page?
>> >> > I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and
>> >> > please answer in newbie language).
>> >> > Thanks,
>> >> > Seagull
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary.sauer (2018)
6/15/2009 10:43:12 AM
Thanks for all your patient advice.  Using it and a little bit of intuition, 
I finally managed to to what I had to do.
Seagull

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I assumed you were using Acrobat or something similar. After you finish your 
> custom page setup, File, Save As Type, PDF, Click Change, Click Print options, 
> Custom, Portrait, type 13.97cm X 21.59cm for a half page, or change to A4 for a 
> whole sheet.
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> 
> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:6BCEE1BE-0F80-4065-8EDD-6B89453007C7@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Mary,
> > I think I'm beginning to understand why I'm having a problem understanding
> > your instructions.  What do you mean by "your PDF printer"?  I'm trying to
> > export to PDF using command in Publisher "publish as PDF or XPS".  Should I
> > be doing something else? By the way, my booklet was A4 in landscape.
> > Thanks again,
> > Seagull
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> The directions I gave will separate the booklet into 44 single pages. All you
> >> have to do is create the custom page setup in your PDF printer. You don't 
> >> need
> >> to create a custom size if you created the booklet in tabloid (17x11) or
> >> whatever is equivalent in UK, simple select letter/A4 in the page setup.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:84065057-8398-4F23-90F8-B5047EFC35F8@microsoft.com...
> >> > Mary,
> >> > Thanks for your quick reply but this didn't solve my problem.  Let me
> >> > explain a little more what I did (maybe I'm missing a step - this is my 
> >> > first
> >> > Publisher project).
> >> >
> >> > I created my booklet (44 pages) and printed it.  It came out fine with 11
> >> > 2-sided printed pages.  Now I want to turn it into a pdf document for 
> >> > online
> >> > viewing (for uninteresting reasons it has to be pdf).  When I click on
> >> > "publish to pdf" and then open the published document, I see a 22 page
> >> > document with 2 pages appearing together (front and back cover together,
> >> > page 1 with page 40, etc.).  It doesn't matter what size I set the document
> >> > as (in publisher).  If the size is set smaller, I see part of the double
> >> > pages (for example, half the right side page with half the left side).  I
> >> > also tried redefining the document as single sheets rather than a booklet.
> >> >
> >> > Is what I'm trying to do possible?
> >> > Thanks again,
> >> > Seagull
> >> >
> >> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> What size is your booklet?
> >> >>
> >> >> If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application
> >> >> for
> >> >> half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm 
> >> >> if
> >> >> you
> >> >> are using A4 stock.
> >> >> On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above.
> >> >> If your document is letter/A4 size, change the page setup to letter/A4.
> >> >>
> >> >> -- 
> >> >> Mary Sauer
> >> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> >>
> >> >> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:B9DB5909-AB6B-4E8B-AEBB-29D718F7FDF2@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to 
> >> >> > a
> >> >> > pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the
> >> >> > same
> >> >> > pdf page?
> >> >> > I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and
> >> >> > please answer in newbie language).
> >> >> > Thanks,
> >> >> > Seagull
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Seagull (4)
6/15/2009 5:32:05 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

convert .ps to .pdf / FREEWARE ??
Could anyone recommend a FREEWARE program I could use to make a print quality conversion of my MSPUB2002/XP files to ..pdf for my printer. My printer uses Macintosh, and has had difficulty with the Pack and Go files I have provided. The print jobs are all one color. As I understand it, I may have to save the document first as a .ps, then convert it to the .pdf ?? Adobe offers 5 free tryout files. Go here, scroll down to 5 for free https://createpdf.adobe.com/index.pl/3299837299.60715?BP=IE&v=AHP -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Stuart F.&quo...

Booklet printing
I created a 12 page booklet. When I print "All" pages, only page 7 prints on the right side of a sheet. When I print by page, 12,1; page 11 printed on the right side of the sheet. When I tried to print pages 3,10, page 12 printed on the right side of the sheet (shich is the incorrect side for an even page number.) I've tried printing to both my Epson Stylus:Photo printer and my HP printer, only p. 7 prints. When I printed to Primo.pdf - only page 7 printed. Luckily, when I emailed it to the professional printer, he was able to print the whole document. Why can'...

booklet to pdf
Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the same pdf page? I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and please answer in newbie language). Thanks, Seagull What size is your booklet? If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application for half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm if you are using A4 stock. On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above. If your document is ...

Mail Merge with "Booklet"
I prepare an Annual Member Directory for my club. I personalise the front cover my adding each name by mail merge. I have Page Setup as "Booklet" and I print two per page. If I attempt to have four pages in my booklet I get an error message that "Publsher cannot merge with this number of pages .. .. must delete pages. I can cope with using one file and one pass to prepare front and back covers. With just two pages sheet one gives me the first two records with the front cover on the right hand side. Sheet two gives me records 3 and 4 with the front cover on the left hand...

Import pdf to publisher 2003
How does one use a pdf in publisher 2003. I am wanting to import one from another group and use it in a newsletter. From Ed Bennett, resident guru Try the following: Step One: Download and install GhostScript from http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/ Step Two: Download and install GSView from the same location Step Three: Open the PDF of your choice in GSView. Step Four: Go to File > Convert Step Five: Select "bmp16m" (not "bmp16") Step Six: Select the page you wish to convert in the pane on the right, and select "300dpi" Step Seven: Click OK Step Eight: Select a...

Possible to insert an Adobe pdf file to Publisher application?
I create a monthly newsletter for a non-profit organization using Publisher. They have ads they want me to have inserted that are pdf files, and I can not figure out how to insert them. All I get is an Adobe symbol, not the actual file. Is this even possible? How?? I just ran into the same issue. If you have Acrobat, yes. (I used to have Acrobat and could.) If not, I've used SnagIt to create a .png file of the ..pdf file. I've gotten real nice results that way. You can try a regular screenshot and crop that to suit. (Even if you tell people you want ads as a .jpgs, .png, or...

Can I change a PDF to a Publisher File to make changes?
Does anyone know if I can change a PDF file to a Publisher File to make changes? Yes, I know. No, you can't. The most you might be able to do is copy/paste text, then edit. An FYI - this question or something very similar has been asked and answered three times so far today. But don't despair, there are still three hours before the clock strikes 12, so it's likely a couple more people will ask the same thing. :-( Mike dnthmn515 wrote: > Does anyone know if I can change a PDF file to a Publisher File to make > changes? >-----Original Message----- >Does any...

create pdf & jpeg side-by side- how?
Hi I have a 2 sided a4 landscape calendar that I create every month and upload to a website. At present I put up each side seperately in pdf & in jpeg. I have tried to upload a 2 sided pdf but the pages come out one above the other. How would I create these pages side-by-side? And - is it possible to do this with 2 jpeg's? -- Martin ���� ...

why is my booklet printing upside down?
Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started printing reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it Look at your printer settings. There should be a check-off about flipping or a similar option. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27EE7143-BB6B-48FD-93AA-93CE45DEECE5@microsoft.com... > Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started printing > reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it Look at...

Saving as PDF in 2007
I am needing to output reports from access to PDF. This seems to be a simple task with the PDF/XPS add-in and it works fine maually. BUT when I use it in code with the OutputTo it takes 15 minuites to save a report that when done manually takes < 1 min. I have found that I can get it to achieve the same time frame if I open the report first then call the code but this only works when I manually open the report. When I try doing OpenReport in preview mode then run this code from a form it still takes forever and almost locks up. Is there any way to get the quick effect and still have it all ...

Launching pdf from VC
I have a vc1.52 code and there I am trying to launch a PDF file. This is the code I have /* SYSTEM.C: This program uses * system to TYPE its source file. */ #include <stdio.h> #include <process.h> void main( int argc, char *argv[] ) { char cmd[256]; int i=0; for(i=0;i<argc;i++) printf("%d - %s\n", i, argv[i]); if (argc > 0) { system( argv[1] ); } else { printf("No help file to show. Please contact support"); } } I run the program like the following test.exe test.pdf when I run it gives an error 'bad comman...

BOOKLET
I WANT TO FLIP THE UPSIDE DOWN PAGES INSIDE MY BOOKLET RIGHTSIDE UP, HOW DO I DO THIS SIMPLE TASK? a) Please do not post in all capitals. It is difficult to read, and is considered shouting, which is rude. b) There are no upside-down pages in your booklet. If you re-load the paper the wrong way around to print the reverse side, then the page will be printed the wrong way up. If your printer tells you how to do this, either you are not following instructions properly or your printer is wrong. If your printer does this automatically, you will need to change the settings on your dupl...

Code to export report to PDF automatically?
What DoCmd code can I use to export a report directly to PDF, optimized for printing, and have it prompt me for a new PDF name each time? Or if that is complicated, always print to the same PDF name and location? Does the end-user system need Acrobat installed for this to work? Do they need Access 2007? Thanks. Joseph, Have a look at... http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm I have used this to print reports to PDF. You can set this up to get the name of the report from a field on your form. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, i...

PRint or PDF with crops
Hi, Does anyone know where the option has gone to add crops to document when printing or creasting a PDF. I just cannot find it :( Charlie Publisher 2010? Expand the printer drop down in the Print menu, it is on the bottom of the list *Advanced Output Settings*. Mary "Charlotte" wrote in message news:eVe5p.3821$BQ7.1953@newsfe22.ams2... Hi, Does anyone know where the option has gone to add crops to document when printing or creasting a PDF. I just cannot find it :( Charlie ...

embedding a word doc or pdf file into an access report
Is it possible to embed an MS Word doc or PDF file into an Access report? If so, how? Thanks in advance. ...

how do I create a booklet
File,Page setup, booklet.. In Publisher 2000 and below, file, page setup, special fold, booklet -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "joyal" <joyal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A463FB6F-DD9C-4887-9582-60D272A141F3@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp....

print booklet on 11 x 17
I have an HP2800. I am trying to print a 4 page booklet on 11X17 but there is no Tabloid option and when I print to 11X17. Two pages print per side but are shrunk. Does anyone have any suggestions. Hp is blaming it on publisher. I can print from Word but for some reason it does not work on publisher Are you setting up your printer first? You have to setup the printer before you setup your page. Do you have the "zoom" feature checked? Publisher is more critical about drivers than most applications, there is a driver on the HP web site with a February timestamp, it maybe new...

Why does Word 2007 hyperlink to Acrobat 5 PDF open [Embedded File.
1. What I want to do: For classes, I create study outlines in Word 2007, inserting hyperlinks to readings that I have saved on my notebook as Adobe Acrobat 5 PDFs. I do that because I sometimes need to refer to the readings quickly, as in class or during my reviews for exams. As I read, I sometimes highlight passages, insert bookmarks, or make notes. When I am finished reading, I want to be able to save those changes to the original linked PDF. 2. What actually happens: When I click on the hyperlink I have inserted in my outline, the target PDF opens in Adobe Acrobat 5,...

booklets
I have a friend that uses Word 2004 for Mac. He wants to be able to create a booklet. It is VERY easy with Word 2003 using a PC, but he nor I can figure out how to do it on a Mac. Can someone please tell me how to create a booklet on Mac using Word 2004? Lauana On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:24:38 -0500, Lauana Yarbrough wrote (in article <22fb70f2.0411150724.2dc7eebe@posting.google.com>): > Can someone please tell me how to create a booklet > on Mac using Word 2004? Booklets can be found as an option in some printer drivers. There are some commercial $olutions (impositioning a PDF)...

PDF file #3
I have Publisher 2002 and would like to insert a .pdf file into a document I am working on. How do / Can I do this? Many thanks, Ger ...

Convert publisher file to pdf
I create a quarterly newsletter using MS Publisher 2000. I convert it to html to load on our website as well. I really would like to convert it to a pdf file rather than html. Does anyone know if this is possible or have any suggestions. Thank you for any assistance. Carol Creamer Hi Carol Creamer (ccreamer@sensidyne.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I create a quarterly newsletter using MS Publisher 2000. || I convert it to html to load on our website as well. I || really would like to convert it to a pdf file rather than || html. || || Does anyone know if this is possible or ha...

Printing in booklet setup
I have a job that is sent to me in a booklet form. It shows the corners folded over on the pages along the bottom of publisher. I've tried in the past to use this mode to print a booklet but I've had no success. It always prints off letter pages of if I pick 11x17 sheet size, it reduces the size and just doesn't print it properly. The page size is 8.5 x 11 and I want to print onto 11 x 17 then fold. Your printer will determine where the fold will be. Look at your printer settings, it will say something like *Flip pages up* or there will be options about binding. If the pa...

opening .pdf shortcuts
I am not in an Exchange environment, and wish to be able to open .pdf shortcuts I've placed in an individual Contact. I've read http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290497 but it does not provide a solution. I can place and open the entire attachment in the Contact, but then the amount of data is too large to be copied to my Windows CE HPC. But if I attempt to create a shortcut to the file, I get the security alert "Save to Disk". Can I edit the registry to allow .pdf shortcuts to open? Bernie Sorry; forgot to add I'm using Outlook 2002 SP-2 &...

Cannot Save The File error when creating PDF
My Publisher 2007 has been able to create pdf files using the Save As PDF/XPS plugin from microssoft for over a year. Just used it earlier today. Now I get a 'Cannot Save The File' when I try to publish or save as PDF. I see a lot of older post about this problem, but only suggestions to use other free PDF creators. If I create a new publication it works, but it will not work with existing ones. What changed? It appears to be a coruption in the pub file. Why doesn't microsoft create a file integrity or validation check to look for errors rather than pointing everyo...

Publisher booklet formatting
I am trying to create a halfpage booklet for a playbill program. It either prints four to a page or prints vertically. I have an Epson rx680 printer. It is set to duplex and if I get it to print in the right orientation it prints the back side upside down. If I get it to print both sides right side up it prints two pages to each half page. Help please. There are duplex settings in the print setup. Take a look at your manual, if you don't have a manual there is one here http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Doc&oid=90584&pro...