booklet to pdf

Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a
pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the same
pdf page?
I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and
please answer in newbie language).
Thanks,
Seagull
0
Seagull (4)

What size is your booklet?

If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application for
half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm if you
are using A4 stock.
On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above.
If your document is letter/A4 size, change the page setup to letter/A4.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a
> pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the same
> pdf page?
> I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and
> please answer in newbie language).
> Thanks,
> Seagull

0
mary.sauer (2018)
6/13/2009 10:44:14 AM
Mary,
Thanks for your quick reply but this didn't solve my problem.  Let me
explain a little more what I did (maybe I'm missing a step - this is my first
Publisher project).

I created my booklet (44 pages) and printed it.  It came out fine with 11
2-sided printed pages.  Now I want to turn it into a pdf document for online
viewing (for uninteresting reasons it has to be pdf).  When I click on
"publish to pdf" and then open the published document, I see a 22 page
document with 2 pages appearing together (front and back cover together,
page 1 with page 40, etc.).  It doesn't matter what size I set the document
as (in publisher).  If the size is set smaller, I see part of the double
pages (for example, half the right side page with half the left side).  I
also tried redefining the document as single sheets rather than a booklet.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?
Thanks again,
Seagull

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What size is your booklet?
>
> If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application for
> half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm if you
> are using A4 stock.
> On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above.
> If your document is letter/A4 size, change the page setup to letter/A4.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a
> > pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the same
> > pdf page?
> > I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and
> > please answer in newbie language).
> > Thanks,
> > Seagull

0
Seagull (4)
6/14/2009 6:02:01 AM
The directions I gave will separate the booklet into 44 single pages. All you
have to do is create the custom page setup in your PDF printer. You don't need
to create a custom size if you created the booklet in tabloid (17x11) or
whatever is equivalent in UK, simple select letter/A4 in the page setup.

--

> Mary,
> Thanks for your quick reply but this didn't solve my problem.  Let me
> explain a little more what I did (maybe I'm missing a step - this is my first
> Publisher project).
>
> I created my booklet (44 pages) and printed it.  It came out fine with 11
> 2-sided printed pages.  Now I want to turn it into a pdf document for online
> viewing (for uninteresting reasons it has to be pdf).  When I click on
> "publish to pdf" and then open the published document, I see a 22 page
> document with 2 pages appearing together (front and back cover together,
> page 1 with page 40, etc.).  It doesn't matter what size I set the document
> as (in publisher).  If the size is set smaller, I see part of the double
> pages (for example, half the right side page with half the left side).  I
> also tried redefining the document as single sheets rather than a booklet.
>
> Is what I'm trying to do possible?
> Thanks again,
> Seagull
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What size is your booklet?
>>
>> If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application
>> for
>> half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm if
>> you
>> are using A4 stock.
>> On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above.
>> If your document is letter/A4 size, change the page setup to letter/A4.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a
>> > pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the
>> > same
>> > pdf page?
>> > I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and
>> > please answer in newbie language).
>> > Thanks,
>> > Seagull

0
mary.sauer (2018)
6/14/2009 10:39:58 AM
Hi Mary,
I think I'm beginning to understand why I'm having a problem understanding
your instructions.  What do you mean by "your PDF printer"?  I'm trying to
export to PDF using command in Publisher "publish as PDF or XPS".  Should I
be doing something else? By the way, my booklet was A4 in landscape.
Thanks again,
Seagull

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> The directions I gave will separate the booklet into 44 single pages. All you
> have to do is create the custom page setup in your PDF printer. You don't need
> to create a custom size if you created the booklet in tabloid (17x11) or
> whatever is equivalent in UK, simple select letter/A4 in the page setup.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Mary,
> > Thanks for your quick reply but this didn't solve my problem.  Let me
> > explain a little more what I did (maybe I'm missing a step - this is my first
> > Publisher project).
> >
> > I created my booklet (44 pages) and printed it.  It came out fine with 11
> > 2-sided printed pages.  Now I want to turn it into a pdf document for online
> > viewing (for uninteresting reasons it has to be pdf).  When I click on
> > "publish to pdf" and then open the published document, I see a 22 page
> > document with 2 pages appearing together (front and back cover together,
> > page 1 with page 40, etc.).  It doesn't matter what size I set the document
> > as (in publisher).  If the size is set smaller, I see part of the double
> > pages (for example, half the right side page with half the left side).  I
> > also tried redefining the document as single sheets rather than a booklet.
> >
> > Is what I'm trying to do possible?
> > Thanks again,
> > Seagull
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> What size is your booklet?
> >>
> >> If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application
> >> for
> >> half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm if
> >> you
> >> are using A4 stock.
> >> On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above.
> >> If your document is letter/A4 size, change the page setup to letter/A4.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Seagull (4)
6/15/2009 5:53:01 AM
I assumed you were using Acrobat or something similar. After you finish your
custom page setup, File, Save As Type, PDF, Click Change, Click Print options,
Custom, Portrait, type 13.97cm X 21.59cm for a half page, or change to A4 for a
whole sheet.

--

> Hi Mary,
> I think I'm beginning to understand why I'm having a problem understanding
> your instructions.  What do you mean by "your PDF printer"?  I'm trying to
> export to PDF using command in Publisher "publish as PDF or XPS".  Should I
> be doing something else? By the way, my booklet was A4 in landscape.
> Thanks again,
> Seagull
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> The directions I gave will separate the booklet into 44 single pages. All you
>> have to do is create the custom page setup in your PDF printer. You don't
>> need
>> to create a custom size if you created the booklet in tabloid (17x11) or
>> whatever is equivalent in UK, simple select letter/A4 in the page setup.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Mary,
>> > Thanks for your quick reply but this didn't solve my problem.  Let me
>> > explain a little more what I did (maybe I'm missing a step - this is my
>> > first
>> > Publisher project).
>> >
>> > I created my booklet (44 pages) and printed it.  It came out fine with 11
>> > 2-sided printed pages.  Now I want to turn it into a pdf document for
>> > online
>> > viewing (for uninteresting reasons it has to be pdf).  When I click on
>> > "publish to pdf" and then open the published document, I see a 22 page
>> > document with 2 pages appearing together (front and back cover together,
>> > page 1 with page 40, etc.).  It doesn't matter what size I set the document
>> > as (in publisher).  If the size is set smaller, I see part of the double
>> > pages (for example, half the right side page with half the left side).  I
>> > also tried redefining the document as single sheets rather than a booklet.
>> >
>> > Is what I'm trying to do possible?
>> > Thanks again,
>> > Seagull

0
mary.sauer (2018)
6/15/2009 10:43:12 AM
Thanks for all your patient advice.  Using it and a little bit of intuition,
I finally managed to to what I had to do.
Seagull

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I assumed you were using Acrobat or something similar. After you finish your
> custom page setup, File, Save As Type, PDF, Click Change, Click Print options,
> Custom, Portrait, type 13.97cm X 21.59cm for a half page, or change to A4 for a
> whole sheet.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mary,
> > I think I'm beginning to understand why I'm having a problem understanding
> > your instructions.  What do you mean by "your PDF printer"?  I'm trying to
> > export to PDF using command in Publisher "publish as PDF or XPS".  Should I
> > be doing something else? By the way, my booklet was A4 in landscape.
> > Thanks again,
> > Seagull
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> The directions I gave will separate the booklet into 44 single pages. All you
> >> have to do is create the custom page setup in your PDF printer. You don't
> >> need
> >> to create a custom size if you created the booklet in tabloid (17x11) or
> >> whatever is equivalent in UK, simple select letter/A4 in the page setup.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Seagull" <Seagull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Seagull (4)

Word to PDF
I have a large number of Word docs that I need to convert to PDF. I have looked at Automator and cannot get the hang of it so now I am looking for a software solution. I would like software recommendations that will batch convert the Word docs or at least streamline the process. -- MichaelQ MichaelQ wrote: > I have a large number of Word docs that I need to convert to PDF. I have > looked at Automator and cannot get the hang of it so now I am looking for a > software solution. > > I would like software recommendations that will batch convert the Word docs &g...

Images Pixilated in Publisher as PDF
I have Publisher 2002 and used PrimoPDF to save as a PDF. It looks great except for the fact the images are unclear and pixilated! Ugh. Any suggestions? Do I need to upgrade to 2007? Or should I just upgrade with whatever Adobe has? Help. Any other options? Primo has a forum, you probably will get a better solution reading the answers given there. What is the resolution of your pictures? Are you getting them from the Internet? http://forums.primopdf.com/search.php?do=process -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "hu...

Can I convert a publisher file to a Adobe PDF?
I want to convert a desktop publisher file to a pdf, can it be done? Yes. Perhaps a better question would have been "How* can I convert a Publisher file to a .pdf?". First, you could purchase Adobe Acrobat. This will also allow you to edit .pdfs. Or you can download PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com. It's a 10 meg file so if you have dialup, you may want to wait until late at night to do it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mel" <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:346A6FD7-870A-43A5-AB28-4108B6DBC824@microsoft.com... >I want...

XML to PDF .net component
I am looking for a .net component to translate xml to pdf. It is to be used within an asp.net application. Does anyone has a particular one to recommend (or avoid!) Thank you, Yann Yann wrote: > I am looking for a .net component to translate xml to pdf. > It is to be used within an asp.net application. > > Does anyone has a particular one to recommend (or avoid!) If you are talking about XSL-FO formatters: AntennaHouse XSL Formatter - the best one (actually it's COM-based) Ibex XSL-Fo Formatter for .NET - http://xmlpdf.com -- Oleg Tkachenko http://www.tkachenko.com/b...

How to lock or pdf part of a flier
I'm making fliers for my business. I need to make part of the flier change able and lock the rest. Any suggestions There's no feature for this purpose in Publisher. The only suggestion I can offer would be to put what you want "locked" on the Master Page & the rest of the content as usual. AFAIK, even professional PDF editors (Adobe Acrobat) don't provide the capability either. If the nature of your flier can be handled by Word's more restrictive layout capabilities you may be able to protect the document on a section-by-section basis. Regards |:>) Bob Jo...

PDF file
I am working in excel2000 and want to save /create an existing file in PDF format so that when I sen it by email it cannot be edited or changed Please help Do you have Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) or one of the other applications to create PDF's? If so, you may save your spreadsheet as a PDF. If not, you may need to consider a different approach. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Steve BB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E46C185B-9AB3-4433-8F93-82CB024656E9@microsoft.com... > I am working in excel2000 and wa...

Why don't ChemDraw Ole's appear in a PDF file made from Word?
I have a Word file that contains OLE's created with ChemDraw. When I convert the Word file to a PDF, all of the OLE's disappear. This does not occur in an equivalent WordPerfect file. With WordPerfect, all of the OLE's appear when I create the PDF file. Hi gmbodner, In Word, click on the Print dialog's Options button and makes sure the "Print drawings created in Word" option is checked. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "gmbodner" <gmbodner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5511497-915C-4F5D-A863-45F949...

Leban's Report To PDF
I have been running reports using the excellent report to pdf function of Steven Leban's for a number of years. Security patches were applied to my Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition this week. The module now fails in the: LoadLib() Function at the following line: "hLibDynaPDF = LoadLibrary("DynaPDF.dll")" Does anyone have a workaround? I have the 2009 updated DLLs and they are in the same directory as the MDB. I also tried them in the System32 folder but with the same result. -- Jeff C Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do ...

Unable to open PDF file attachments
Summary: - OS: WINDOWS VISTA - EMAIL SERVICE: WINDOWS MAIL - ADOBE READER 9.3.2 - PROBLEM: UNABLE TO OPEN ANY PDF FILE ATTACHMENTS - ATTEMPTS: UNINSTALLED/REINSTALLED ADOBE READER MULTIPLE TIMES : CHECKED FORUMS : pdf. EXTENSION FILES DEFAULT PROGRAM ADOBE READER NEED HELP URGENTLY EMILY Take a look at this.... http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-file-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "...

Printing in booklet setup
I have a job that is sent to me in a booklet form. It shows the corners folded over on the pages along the bottom of publisher. I've tried in the past to use this mode to print a booklet but I've had no success. It always prints off letter pages of if I pick 11x17 sheet size, it reduces the size and just doesn't print it properly. The page size is 8.5 x 11 and I want to print onto 11 x 17 then fold. Your printer will determine where the fold will be. Look at your printer settings, it will say something like *Flip pages up* or there will be options about binding. If the pa...

HyperLinking PDF files in Excel
Can anyone offer any help on 1. is it possible to import pdf files into excel as hyperlinks? and 2. if it is possible, how do you do it? =) A hyperlink is as it says, a link to a file either on the local drive or a network which is mapped to the local pc. It is not an imported file, just an address which when pressed will open the relevant PDF document with a PDF Viewer. To insert a hyper link, select from the top menus. Insert\Hyperlink (Hyperlink is at the bottom of the insert menu itme) This will then show a pop up box which will allow you to identify where the PDF file is to be ...

printing invoices to pdf files
I want to print invoices to pdf files using Access. The data will come from my SQL tables that are part of my business software. I want to make pdf files out of the invoices so I can email them to customers as they are requesting. What I want to do is print the invoices as usual in the business software and then have Access 'print' them to individual pdf files (by invoice number). I was thinking I could have a do while or something like that in code to do that. Can someone point me in the right direction? I can do the report layout and have made pdf files before using ConvertRepo...

how do I restore the pdf tool bar to excel?
I have PDF converter 2 software and had the pdf creator tool bar available when using excel spreadsheets and even though I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software the tool bar is still not available when I open excel, it is however, when I open word files. How do I correct this problem? Thanks for any assistance. I can make my PDF toolbar come and go using View|Toolbars and clicking PDFMaker 6 -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295E1162-175F-4483-BEEC-757DF68517CD...

creating a booklet in publisher
This may be a really silly question but how do I create an A5 sized booklet (after folding a A4 sheet of paper in half)? The only thing I have seen in folding A4 in half but in the portrait view and not the landscape view. What version Publisher? In 2002 or 03, file, page setup, booklet. In earlier versions, special fold, booklet, landscape. In all versions, setup your printer first to A4. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Thegyalisblessed" <Thegyalisblessed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Booklet printing problems
I am trying to print a booklet (8 1/2' x 11" folded in half). I have everything set up to print, but when I go to print it shrinks my images automatically. The booklet has JPEG images, Excel graphs, some text, etc. I have tried everything I know to do. Can anybody help? This is a time sensitive issue, so quick assistance would be appreciated! ...

Word 2007 will not print to PDF
I have Nitro PDF Pro installed and am trying to save a Word 2007 doc as a PDF file. It runs through the process, but the when the pdf is opened, the doc is blank. Is this a Word issue? Thanks I've no experience with Nitro and not read any reports here about any problems. I suggest that you test saving to Word PDF and see if that works. The Word 2007 SaveAs PDF should have been in stalled when you updated to Office 2007 sp2, but if you haven't got it, you can download the PDF utility separately from the Microsoft Office support site. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP...

pdf conversion to Html
hi friends i have to do some conversion on my project like i have to convert pdf to html bya a lib . if some one hav such a lib file plz send to it . if some other solution is there plz let me know it ...i will appriciate it . thx in advance This product looks like it does what you need: http://www.gnostice.com/pdf2manyOverview_x.asp Tom <nandan.mehra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178195890.353078.245110@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > hi friends i have to do some conversion on my project like i have to > convert pdf to html bya a lib . > if some one hav such a...

Keyboard types pipe characters after emailing PDF
Hello everyone, We are using Great Plains 8 through Citrix sessions. One of our users started experiencing strange keyboard behavior after I added an Outlook profile to her session. This is what happens: - Starts a GP session through Citrix - Opens an invoice and prints to screen - Emails the invoice as a PDF file - Tries to open another invoice by using the Backspace key in the document field to type a new number. At this point, the Backspace types only the pipe character. When this happens, all keys will type pipes in all fields until the GP session is re-initialized. This problem seems ...

Can I send a PDF file of an Excel file to a printer for printing .
I want to take an 8 page Excel document and sned it to an outside printer to print for me. I have Excel 2003 and the capability to Create a PDF but is this PDF good enough to give to a printer to print? Thanks I think the best course of action would be to ask the printer <g>. On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:05:06 -0700, "Chitownbabs" <Chitownbabs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to take an 8 page Excel document and sned it to an outside printer to >print for me. I have Excel 2003 and the capability to Create a PDF but is >this PDF good enough to give to ...

PDF Print Driver in Excel 97?
I have a recollection of being told some time ago that there is a PDF Print Driver buried somewhere in MS Excel and that it can be installed so that it will work with any package in a similar way to PDF Distiller. I have done a Google search and have drawn a blank. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? If so could you advise me how it may be activated, or where I can find details on the web. What version of Excel and what version of Operating System do you have. If you have a scanner you might look over the software that you got with the scanner. An alternative is to download anothe...

hyperlink to a pdf document
I have create a hyperlink in a cell of a worksheet - excel 2003 that link to open a pdf document. The links fails to open that pdf file as my computer was installed with both Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional & Adobe Reader. When I tried in other computer that was installed with only Adobe Reader, its works. What's the problem ? Thanks -- eva cheng Suggest you ask in an Excel (or Adobe) newsgroup - this is a FrontPage newsgroup -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 ...

masters and printing booklet
I'm having trouble printing an 8 page booklet in Publisher 2003 that has different masters for the front and back. Are the masters the problem? Should I uncheck two page spread to make it print right? Thanks for help! Have you tried printing the way you state? If you go to your back cover and print current page and click no, does it print okay. You might get some insight by reading this: About using master pages http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010036031033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "...

no pdf attachement readable
Although my Vista Home Premium opens PDF files doubleclicked in Explorer as expected, my Windows Mail doesn't open those files any more, claiming that no application has been assigned to this extension. How else can I assign the installed Adobe Reader V9 to Windows Mail pdf file extensions? "Horst Heinrich Dittgens" <hhd71@sofort-mail.de> wrote in message news:hdr89q$68d$00$1@news.t-online.com... > Although my Vista Home Premium opens PDF files doubleclicked in Explorer > as expected, my Windows Mail doesn't open those files any more, claiming...

PDF file #8

Publisher 2002 Printing and PDF
Lately, whenever I print a PDF version in Acrobat Distiller I get a message in the lower left had side of the publication within Publisher dialog box that says "Changing your Publication", then a new first page is added (looks like a template) and I end up with 21 pages of an original 20 page newsletter. I don't even want the first page template. It just started doing this to the newsletter and has, in the past, done it to some single-page flyers that I send to a regular printer. It is not with everything just certain files. I have looked at settings but not sure what to ...