Booklet printing #5

I am nearing finalization of a booklet comprising 8 sheets, 32 pages and
have been printing draft copies at the local OfficeMax.  Now I want to print
the booklet with different weight paper for the cover sheet and internal
pages. What is the better way to schedule the print?

0
pfjennings (43)

Use a separate publication for the cover. Are you printing the booklet yourself?
Some printers have the option of printing the first page on different stock.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"PatJennings" <pfjennings@charter.net> wrote in message
>I am nearing finalization of a booklet comprising 8 sheets, 32 pages and have
>been printing draft copies at the local OfficeMax.  Now I want to print the
>booklet with different weight paper for the cover sheet and internal pages.
>What is the better way to schedule the print?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/19/2006 10:44:27 AM
I will be using a professional printer service, expecting to print a few
hundred copies for the first run.

After all this work, my first impression is that by separating the booklet
into two publisher files (is that what you are suggesting?), could cause
disruption to page numbering.

Separate printing for the one file and then the other should impact the
printing production.

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Use a separate publication for the cover. Are you printing the booklet
> yourself? Some printers have the option of printing the first page on
> different stock.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "PatJennings" <pfjennings@charter.net> wrote in message
>>I am nearing finalization of a booklet comprising 8 sheets, 32 pages and
>>have been printing draft copies at the local OfficeMax.  Now I want to
>>print the booklet with different weight paper for the cover sheet and
>>internal pages. What is the better way to schedule the print?

0
pfjennings (43)
7/19/2006 11:48:20 AM
Then the solution would be to advise your service what your desires are and let
them explain the options.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I will be using a professional printer service, expecting to print a few
>hundred copies for the first run.
>
> After all this work, my first impression is that by separating the booklet
> into two publisher files (is that what you are suggesting?), could cause
> disruption to page numbering.
>
> Separate printing for the one file and then the other should impact the
> printing production.
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Use a separate publication for the cover. Are you printing the booklet
>> yourself? Some printers have the option of printing the first page on
>> different stock.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "PatJennings" <pfjennings@charter.net> wrote in message
>>>I am nearing finalization of a booklet comprising 8 sheets, 32 pages and have
>>>been printing draft copies at the local OfficeMax.  Now I want to print the
>>>booklet with different weight paper for the cover sheet and internal pages.
>>>What is the better way to schedule the print?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/19/2006 2:06:23 PM
If I told my printer about my desires, he'd blush.  ;-)

(And then I'd be blushing if he gave me options.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "PatJennings" <pfjennings@charter.net> wrote in message

0
jl_paules (2767)
7/19/2006 2:57:14 PM
I knew when I used the term desire, it was wrong... My printer person lost
desire in the last century.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> If I told my printer about my desires, he'd blush.  ;-)
>
> (And then I'd be blushing if he gave me options.)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Then the solution would be to advise your service what your desires are and
>> let them explain the options.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "PatJennings" <pfjennings@charter.net> wrote in message
>>>I will be using a professional printer service, expecting to print a few
>>>hundred copies for the first run.
>>>
>>> After all this work, my first impression is that by separating the booklet
>>> into two publisher files (is that what you are suggesting?), could cause
>>> disruption to page numbering.
>>>
>>> Separate printing for the one file and then the other should impact the
>>> printing production.
>>>
>>> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
7/19/2006 3:14:01 PM
So there's still a little hope? It's only been 5� yrs.

(I had to post something about desires. Sometimes a line like that can't be
left alone.)
--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "PatJennings" <pfjennings@charter.net> wrote in message

0
jl_paules (2767)

Hide Ribbon
I would like to hide the Ribbon on start up, but still have a way to show a way to show the print dialog box. I have been able to hide the Ribbon using the USYSRIBBON table and the following XML, but it also disables all of the options on the Office button, so if a report is previewed, there is no way to print. My solution must bring up the print dialog so that the user can select his printer. : <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"> <commands> <command idMso="FileNewDatabase" enabled="false"/>...

How Print
In a Macro How do you print a string in a macro? For instance: Print "Hi there" So "Hi there" goes to the printer. I tried all kinds of things but it keeps saying someting about an object. I'm trying to print a string variable. Thanks John I think that most people print a worksheet (or a range on a worksheet). So you could populate a cell with that string and then print that cell. Range("a1").value = "hi there" range("a1").printout But this kind of thing would work, too: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Open "LPT1:" Fo...

Hotmail in Outlook #5
I am trying to set up my hotmail account in Outlook, and it keeps asking for ther password, but will not accept it... Stephanie wrote: > I am trying to set up my hotmail account in Outlook, and it keeps asking for > ther password, but will not accept it... Things have chenged. What once was, no longer is. "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5ABC1E8-DC0C-4A11-B683-58224F3E5175@microsoft.com... >I am trying to set up my hotmail account in Outlook, and it keeps asking >for > ther password, but will not accept it... If ...

booklet to pdf
Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the same pdf page? I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and please answer in newbie language). Thanks, Seagull What size is your booklet? If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application for half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm if you are using A4 stock. On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above. If your document is ...

GAL in Exchange 5.5 SP4
I have a sub container in the recipients area. How do I make these addresses show up in the master GAL. I can drill down in the address view of Outlook and find them, they just don't show up automatically. Thanks, Mike Ober. "Michael D. Ober" <mdo.@.wakeassoc..com> wrote: >I have a sub container in the recipients area. How do I make these >addresses show up in the master GAL. I can drill down in the address view >of Outlook and find them, they just don't show up automatically. > >Thanks, >Mike Ober. > They should show up automatically in t...

I cannot print on grayscale
I cannot print on grayscale. Simple as that. I have publisher 2007 beta 2. The problem is that I don't know how I did it before. All I did was log off an account and switch to the next. Now I cannot print on grayscale. I can tell my printer to print on grayscale, but I won't try it. Probably I do not how to do it, but I don't know how I did it the last time. Anyhow, the help is not helpful at all. Please help me, I have to print some business cards for tonight, and I have 2 hrs. left. -- Stuserver ...

Outlook 2003 and exchange 5.5 #5
Does anyone know if outlook 2003 has any issues when connecting up to a exchange 5.5 server. Thanks Andy Go to slipstick and read about these possible issues: http://www.slipstick.com/exs/index.htm Outlook 2003 Rules May Halt Exchange 5.5 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=829418 Update CDO on Exchange Server before Using Outlook 2003: Exchange 5.5 CDO Patch 2657.55 We are using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 5.5 successfully with these patches in place... -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "andy" <abauer101@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:346201c3fd59$a28de230$a401280a@...

Print Forms as they Look
I have a custom form that users will need to print the form as it looks, but with the regular print everything is changed to text. I tried XPath but the problem with that is if a machine does not have that dll, the information on the sent form will not appear ...

cannot print calendar
When I select 'file-print-page set-up' nothing happens. When I select file-print-preview-page setup, I get an error message ' cannot display dialog box'. Help - I want to print from selections available. I use Outlook calendar at work and I know that there are selections available. Does anyone know a fix for this problem? Thanks, I appreciate any help. Similar problem on migrating from OL03 (DELL Dimension D505, W2000 Server) to OL07 (DELL Latitude E6500, W7). Daily & Tri-Fold views won't (or would not) Preview or Print in OL07 for my HP1200, but W...

OL 2007 printing
In OL 2000 you could select multiple messages, choose print, and it would print them on one sheet. With the upgrade to 2007, each message is printing on its own sheet (wasting paper). Is there a way to tell OL 2007 to print them on one sheet? tia -- Lauri Bellingham Public Schools Application Support Not that I am aware of. Printing in broken in Outlook 2007. :( See if blueprint or outlookprinter.com meets your needs. http://www.savvisoft.com/ http://www.outlookprinter.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Task...

Booklet printing
I created a 12 page booklet. When I print "All" pages, only page 7 prints on the right side of a sheet. When I print by page, 12,1; page 11 printed on the right side of the sheet. When I tried to print pages 3,10, page 12 printed on the right side of the sheet (shich is the incorrect side for an even page number.) I've tried printing to both my Epson Stylus:Photo printer and my HP printer, only p. 7 prints. When I printed to Primo.pdf - only page 7 printed. Luckily, when I emailed it to the professional printer, he was able to print the whole document. Why can'...

Mail Merge with "Booklet"
I prepare an Annual Member Directory for my club. I personalise the front cover my adding each name by mail merge. I have Page Setup as "Booklet" and I print two per page. If I attempt to have four pages in my booklet I get an error message that "Publsher cannot merge with this number of pages .. .. must delete pages. I can cope with using one file and one pass to prepare front and back covers. With just two pages sheet one gives me the first two records with the front cover on the right hand side. Sheet two gives me records 3 and 4 with the front cover on the left hand...

after i installed microsoft office i cannot print in color and i .
how come i cannot use microsoft publisher or print in color. publisher wrote: > how come i cannot use microsoft publisher or print in color. How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp Otherwise, you might as well try here: Psychic Friends Network (800) 592-7827 -- My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually lose his marbles? publisher wrote: &g...

Variable Print Length
I have a worksheet with 10 columns and 1 to 100 rows depending on the number of clients we have in a day. I would like to write a macro that automatically figures out the print size necessary and prints the sheet or sheets necessary to print all the information. For example suppose that on day 1 the last row with data is row 20. Since the sheet will print 30 rows per page, then the print size would be A1:J30. If, however, the number of rows used on day 2 is 49, then pressing the [Print] Button (that would run the macro) would print 2 sheets; the first with the first 30 rows and the se...

why is my booklet printing upside down?
Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started printing reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it Look at your printer settings. There should be a check-off about flipping or a similar option. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27EE7143-BB6B-48FD-93AA-93CE45DEECE5@microsoft.com... > Trying to print a booklet - 1/2 A4, 2 sided printing; has started printing > reverse side of page upside down, can't see why or how to fix it Look at...

Disable 5.5 Start up
Can any one tell me all the services i need to disable in order to prevent Ex. 5.5 to not start in SBS 4.5? I had to swap out a motherbord and I can not reach the nic setting becuse the resources are being used by Exchange. Thanks for any help. Thanks all, I worked it out. >-----Original Message----- >Can any one tell me all the services i need to disable in >order to prevent Ex. 5.5 to not start in SBS 4.5? > >I had to swap out a motherbord and I can not reach the >nic setting becuse the resources are being used by >Exchange. > >Thanks for any help. >...

Outlook rules doesnt work after migration from xchange 5.5 to 2000
Hello all, We recently upgraded our xchange 5.5 to xchange 2k. We migrated the users mailboxes using EXMerge utility. Now, Outlook rules for all users doesnt work. Whenever the user runs the rule, it always asks whether to keep/update the rule on the client or server but never runs the rule. even if the user creates a new rule on the new exchange 2k server, the rule doesnt work. But every time a new mail comes for which a rule was created (on old server), it thorws an error saying the rule doesnt exist on the server anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Sa...

Printing
Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one. I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows: Col A - width 4 Col B - hidden Col C - width 4 Col D - Width 108 Col E - Width 3 Col F - Width 11 Col G - Hidden Col H - Width 11 & Empty My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will print as many pages as required depending on number of rows] When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I m...

SQL Server: How to get non-record output such as from PRINT statements
Hi, I'm using VS6 C++/MFC/SQL Server 7 SELECT statements return records, which I can get using CRecordSet. However, in Query Analyzer and other SQL Server Query Tools, executing queries result in comments like "12 records updated" And also T-SQL statements like PRINT @myvar will yield this as a text result in QueryAnalyzer. How can I get these results (output info other than records) from my MFC code? Lisa Lisa, TSQL print statements are for diagnostics. Perhaps they served a use once when people intended that users would sit down and run there own queries interactively...

Spreadsheets will not print
As of yesterday my printer(Lexmark Z605) stopped printing Excel spreadsheets. I can print form Word and Notepad just find but not Excel 2002. Loaded new program Act 2005. Can anyone help? TIA Cindy Maybe you are trying to print to a different printer? file>print preview>print>printer??? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Cindy Conover" <cconover@kwfffftrucklease.com> wrote in message news:%23JZsZCJ9GHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > As of yesterday my printer(Lexmark Z605) stopped printing Excel > spreadsheets. I can print for...

cannot print graphics copied from word 2007 for PCs into an existing word document on my mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello everyone, <br><br>I'm new to the forum and hope somebody can help. I stumbled across mactopia whilst searching for an answer to my question in google and read the thread titled &quot;drawings/graphics don't print&quot;. Unfortunately that has not solved my problem, which I outline further below. <br><br>I work from home on my mac (Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard). Currently I am writing up a document in word 2008 for macs. I have some graphics (png. files) that I created on my work computer, ...

Print Limitation?
I have a user that receives email with alot of attachments. The user wants to print the email with a list of attachments for distribution purposes. I currently have Outlook set up with the ability to print an icon view of the attachments. Is there any way to set up Outlook to print a listing of the attachments instead of large icons. Operating System = Windows 2000 Pro SP4 Office = 2000 Pro SP3 Thanks in advance, Dennis ...

BOOKLET
I WANT TO FLIP THE UPSIDE DOWN PAGES INSIDE MY BOOKLET RIGHTSIDE UP, HOW DO I DO THIS SIMPLE TASK? a) Please do not post in all capitals. It is difficult to read, and is considered shouting, which is rude. b) There are no upside-down pages in your booklet. If you re-load the paper the wrong way around to print the reverse side, then the page will be printed the wrong way up. If your printer tells you how to do this, either you are not following instructions properly or your printer is wrong. If your printer does this automatically, you will need to change the settings on your dupl...

GAL issue
Our existing Exchange 5.5 organization consists of two different sites, each in its own NT 4.0 domain, so call that siteA and siteB in domainA and domainB for simplicity. They share a common GAL between them as you would expect and all is well. I've just installed the first Exchange 2003 server in a Windows Server 2003 AD domain (call this domainC) and placed the Exchange server into siteA. Trusts are in place between domainA and domainB (previously), between domainA and domainC (for the migration), but not yet between domainB and domainC. The problem that I see now is that GAL for use...