Book text not extending to bottom of text box

I have text in a book of roughly 128 pages where the text is not
extending to bottom of the text box
on various pages.  When I delete a space to get it to connect that
does not work either.

Any suggestions for getting this to line up?  I have created these
docs before and didn't have
this problem.
--
Robert Pearson
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net

I use Publisher 2000 and base my comments on it.

You can't link a text box that has text in it.  The only way I know of
connecting text boxes that have text in them is to make page one large
enough to contain all of the succeeding pages' contents.  This can be done
for you can make page one 20 feet by 20 feet and if that isn't enough room
you can always change to size 1 font.  Next cut and paste all of the
succeeding pages into page one.  Now delete pages 2 and beyond.  Next Insert
Page; adding enough pages to redistribute the surplus text of page one.  Now
link the pages, resize page one down to where wanted and all of the surplus
will flow out to the pages added.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

<paramindsoftware@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have text in a book of roughly 128 pages where the text is not
> extending to bottom of the text box
> on various pages.  When I delete a space to get it to connect that
> does not work either.
>
> Any suggestions for getting this to line up?  I have created these
> docs before and didn't have
> this problem.
> --
> Robert Pearson
> ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
> Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
> http://www.rspearson.com/

0
Engineer5094 (821)
5/4/2007 9:51:29 PM
Could be as simple as a errant return. Turn on special characters ( � ), might
be a clue there.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Don Schmidt" <Don Engineer@PNB.Retired_1987> wrote in message
>I use Publisher 2000 and base my comments on it.
>
> You can't link a text box that has text in it.  The only way I know of
> connecting text boxes that have text in them is to make page one large enough
> to contain all of the succeeding pages' contents.  This can be done for you
> can make page one 20 feet by 20 feet and if that isn't enough room you can
> always change to size 1 font.  Next cut and paste all of the succeeding pages
> into page one.  Now delete pages 2 and beyond.  Next Insert Page; adding
> enough pages to redistribute the surplus text of page one.  Now link the
> pages, resize page one down to where wanted and all of the surplus will flow
> out to the pages added.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>
> <paramindsoftware@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have text in a book of roughly 128 pages where the text is not
>> extending to bottom of the text box
>> on various pages.  When I delete a space to get it to connect that
>> does not work either.
>>
>> Any suggestions for getting this to line up?  I have created these
>> docs before and didn't have
>> this problem.
>> --
>> Robert Pearson
>> ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
>> Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
>> http://www.rspearson.com/

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Pasting text to browser
Hi Here is the scenario: I have a browser open (Internet Explorer , FireFox or whatever), I then load my program written in VB6. The program has a textbox or label with say a URL loaded in the text / caption. I want to be able to click on the textbox / label, and drag and drop the loaded URL to the browser's address field. Is this possible? If yes, please advise. Thanx in Advance Duke "duke" <nospama@3web.net> wrote > Hi > Here is the scenario: I have a browser open (Internet Explorer , > FireFox or whatever), I then load my program written in ...

Address book in Outlook
I just updated to XP from 2000 and I'm having a hard time setting up my address book in Outlook. I seem to remember that I was able to add email addresses quite easily to my address book when I was using Win 2000. Can anyone out there tell me how to accomplish this task? Jah Ruler Add addresses to your contacts folder. If you're having problems seeing it show up as an address book when you click on the To: button, right click on the contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book, and tick the box. Jah Ruler wrote: > I just updated to XP from 2000 and I'm having a ...

text box loses link to cells whn re-opened
I'm using Excel 2000 with SR-1. I've linked some chart titles, combo boxes and text boxes to cells on other worksheets. Everything works fine, but when I save the file and reopen it, all the links have been lost. Does anyone have any ideas where it might be going wrong? PH ...

Cannot see send/receive dialog box
I'm using outlook 2003 w/sp2. When I click on the send/receive button at the top the send/receive dialog box doesn't pop up like it used to. Please advise and thanks in advance. Thanks "john doe" <johndoe@johndoe.com> wrote in message news:OcTn%23A%23bIHA.5348@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I'm using outlook 2003 w/sp2. > When I click on the send/receive button > at the top the send/receive dialog box > doesn't pop up like it used to. > Please advise and thanks in advance. > Thanks Mr. Doe, :-) Please try: Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send...

How do I set up a text file import template in Excel 2003?
I have tried creating a template spreadsheet but when I bring in new data the formats and data types are not maintained for the imported data. The imported text file is close to 400 columns (separated into about 50 fields) and various rows. Have you tried copy|paste special|Values to bring the new data over? Excel User wrote: > > I have tried creating a template spreadsheet but when I bring in new data the > formats and data types are not maintained for the imported data. The > imported text file is close to 400 columns (separated into about 50 fields) > and various r...

Is there any Books?
Hi, I just wonder is there any books for GP 8.0? thanks Gamal I assume you are looking for something other than the documentation, which you can from https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/UserGuides/ or it is on your Great Plains CD's. I have not seen anything else on Great Plains nor do I recall anything ever being mentioned at either of the two Convergences that I have attended. Maybe someone else knows of something. "Gamal Hammad" wrote: > Hi, > I just wonder is there any books for GP 8.0? > > thanks > Gamal > > &...

Shortcut in OPEN DIALOG BOX
How do I create a shortcut icon down the left side of the OPEN DIALOG BOX to open a specific folder? Currently, generic shortcuts like, DESKTOP, FAVORITES, HISTORY, etc. are listed, but I rarely use them. Hi do File / Open find the folder that you want to add (click on it once) then click on Tools / Add to My Places it will get added to the bottom, then right mouse click on it and choose move up hope this helps Cheers JulieD "J.D." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:053601c48458$f89688e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I create a shortcut icon ...

excel
I experimented with Text to Voice and now I CANNOT TURN IT OFF! It operates in every spreadsheet and in every cell - it is driving me nuts! Please - how do you stop it! - the toolbar does not work - it stops it if I am quick enough for the one cell but carries on in all the rest!*! Thanks Ally64000@yahoo.co.uk Go 'View' > 'Toolbars' > check 'Text to speech' and the toolbar will appear Toggle the icon on the right, 'Speech on enter' to off Regards, "ally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079701c46e53$e386cde0...

Run query to feed combo box
Hello there, I have two combo boxes in a form and I would like the second box to be populated based on a query run with code. So the user will select an option in the first combo box and based on the selection a DoCmd.RunSQL command will be run in the After Update event of that first box. I would like the result of that query (whose output is a 1-column list of records) to be shown in the second combo box. Thanks in advance, Alejandro. Alejandro wrote: >I have two combo boxes in a form and I would like the second box to be >populated based on a query run with co...

backing up and restoring outlook express email and address book
Hi, I would like to install a new hard drive into my IBM Aptiva computer. I am using outlook express 6.0. I have taken the old hard drive out without removing any data at all. It is completely intact. I have installed the new hard drive and formatted it, then installed Windows 2000. In the process of setting up my internet connection, I was prompted to set up my mail account. I did set up the mail account without any problems. I know would like to restore all of may previous mail and address book from my old hard drive. What do I need to do. Thanks for your help This specifi...

Filter address book
I would like to apply a filter to my contacts (category is "friends") and then see just this group in the email address book so I can pick and choose just from this subset. using Outlook 2003. Is this possible? "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message news:eRhIBOXzJHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I would like to apply a filter to my contacts (category is "friends") and >then see just this group in the email address book so I can pick and choose >just from this subset. using Outlook 2003. You can't categorize the address boo...

Unabel to Delete Mail From Outlook 98 In- Box
Subject: Deleting Mail From Outlook 98 In-Box From: "Barry J. Koffman" <baryjkoffman@bpiplus.com> Sent: 8/16/2003 8:05:50 PM I am running Outlook 98 on XP Home Edition. It has run fine until August 7th 2003. I elected to do the updates form XP and after that date I have been unable to delete e-mails in my inbox. I have also not been able to sync by my PDA. I receivew an error message that I have an interface error and to restart Outlook - This does not solve the problem. I have tried to reset the dates to previous dates before the changes but I can not...

concatenate text and date
when I concatenate a text field & " "&date field it's displaying the text fine but displaying the date in serial number e.g. location and date 01/01/2001 becomes location and 19283 How can I maintain the date format? ="Text " & text(now(),"mm/dd/yyyy") Replace now() with your date and mm/dd/yyyy with the formatting you desire http://HelpExcel.com "Tara Keane" wrote: > when I concatenate a text field & " "&date field it's displaying the text > fine but displaying the date in serial number > e.g. locat...

Cell text not displaying (Excel 2003)
I'm having a problem with Excel. Some cell text is not being displayed. However, the text does display in the formula box if you select one of the "bad" cells. The files that do this are on a network share and work fine on my other computer. I've uninstalled and re-installed Office and the problem won't go away. I also tried copying the files over to the computer in question and that didn't help, either. If anybody has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks! Chad Try this: Copy a cell that is displaying. Select the cells that are not displayin...

Personal Adress Book- 2002
Hi, For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts? harryguy082589@gmail.com <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote: > For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at > the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the > toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts? First make sure you have the Outlook Address Book service installed in your mail profile. Then right-clic...

address book group problem
I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at the bottom of the small window one at a time. Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries which I put in. Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the eight entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if I lose the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get them again. TIA Pete It might be easier to start over, but I'll leave that up to you....

book fold printing
I have the document set to bookfold, landscape, letter size paper and the Brother printer properties set to bookfold and the document prints 4 small pages on the face of one actual page. What setting is wrong? I have tried setting the printer to normal, duplex and bookfold with no different results. Well, you can print a booklet from Word or from your printer, but you should not be doubling up on the settings. Word's "Book fold" setting is designed to print a booklet using the normal, everyday, default printer settings. You would have to consult your printer docum...

Format Text to number
I am using excel 2007 and I am creating a macro that will count the number of account numbers in a column. The problem is that the account numbers are stored as text not number. This prevents the count() function from working. Is there a way to get this accomplished. Thanks! -- Bruce Use COUNTA, that counts a on-empty cell. -- HTH Bob "Bruce D." <BruceD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F4CD469-837A-40DB-BF89-AF0830B75CA4@microsoft.com... >I am using excel 2007 and I am creating a macro that will count the number >of >...

tool-tip or mouse-over text for fields in entities
hi all, we have customized some of our entities and added a new field here and there. so far everything is working. but some of those fields are not self explanatory and we would like to provide some info to users of our crm system what those fields are for. we added a description text to the fields but whenever I move with the mouse over the field, it only displays the name of the field itself. is there any way to display the description text with a mouse-over or tool-tip effect? or some other method of giving our users more info about the various fields they can edit? thanks! patri...

no global address book when sending
Hi All, Im having trouble with my email, Im just wondering if you guys could help me... I use Outlook 2000 as my email browser. It started recently when you create a ms word document and go to: File - send to mail receipient or mail receipient as an attachement outlook does open ok except when I select the TO button I do not get my global address book (company address book), I get nothing. Any help I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance... If you create a new message in Outlook and click the To: button, do you see anything in there? Brenda McGrane wrote: > Hi All, >...

Text boxes when mouse goes over the cell.
In a document i have recieved from a client, in excell, when i put my mouse over certain color coded cells, text boxes come out with lengthy descriptions. This sems highly usefull, and i would like to know how to do this. Anyone know? It seems all cells with a colored corner have these descriptions. Select the cell of interest, then: <Insert> <Comment> -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.c...

Printing Word Doc
can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? my corporate logo prints fine on some printers, but comes out as a gray box at the top of my memo template in others.. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Branding SharePoint Search Center to Bing Look & Feel http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/338069d3-aec6-4e36-b959-dd1d348af0f7/branding-sharepoint-searc.aspx ...

Books
Hi, How come isn't any more books written for creating ActiveX using C++ for the web? Yama There are several reasons, ActiveX is old technology. Its been around for a while and it has seen its hey day. It has security flaws as well and is more or less a pain to develop if you go thru C++ route. The only MFC book on the subject is: Activex Controls Inside Out by Adam Denning. ATL is another good way to develop ActiveX controls and its very light compare to MFC. -------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

BUDGET Book Codes?
I am unable to pull Budget information into FRX for a Budget that has been loaded and is resident in GP 9.0. In FRX when I use the Drop Down Menu for Book Code . Attribute Catagory (ACTUAL, BUDGET etc.), the only selection available is ACTUAL? Consequently, when I attempt to populate a column with Budget (even typing in the name of the BUDGET, I get NO RESULTS -either the column is blank, or ommitted altogether (depending upon the formatting I chose. Appreciate any help on how to add the loaded Budget in GP 9.0 (Book Code) so I can utilize it in FRX. -- AR HARNACK Financial Process ...

Node.text
Hi Making the switch to .net from VB6, and I noticed that the XMLNode object does not expose a text property. How do I write the text value of an element(vb6 - nod.Text = ....)? BTW I have googled may different combinations, and finding an answer to this is harder than it looks. I promise I am not being lazy Thanks Have you tried the InnerText property? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Newbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EA21AC9-EE85-4C45-9D3F-C1BD4975D36D@microsoft.com... > Hi, &g...