Book layout

I'm new to Publisher (I have Office 2003, so I assume it is Publisher 2003
also).   I originally posted imy question/goal in Office, but then realized
I might find my answer(s) here.   I have a Word document - a story.  I had
done the text a long time ago, but recently put scattered pictures
throughout, and Word's text wrapping arranged the text around the pictures
wherever I inserted them.  I am wanting to find some way to view this story
as one would a book.  Someone showed me FlipAlbum, but that can't import
from Word.  Then I wondered if I could either import (or Copy and Paste) the
Word document (or individual pages) into Publisher?  If so, how would I set
up Publisher in order to do this?  Any help/suggestions would be
appreciated, thanks.   BTW, I've tried Word's Reading Layout, but that
doesn't show the whole page.

0
joymp2 (71)

Joy <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> was very recently heard to utter:
> I am
> wanting to find some way to view this story as one would a book. Someone
> showed me FlipAlbum, but that can't import from Word.  Then I
> wondered if I could either import (or Copy and Paste) the Word
> document (or individual pages) into Publisher?  If so, how would I
> set up Publisher in order to do this?  Any help/suggestions would be
> appreciated, thanks.

Going into Publisher for this is probably not the easiest way to do what you
want.

You can convert to PDF using PrimoPDF (free from http://www.primopdf.com/),
and view the PDF in facing pages view in Adobe Reader.

You can also use FinePrint to print non-booklet documents as booklets (not
free from http://www.fineprint.com/)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
3/4/2006 8:43:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.  In the meantime, I'm experimenting. <S>   I
scanned one page of the document as a jpg (including text and pictures) and
did Copy and Paste and put it that way into Publisher.  I'd like to continue
the experiment (for now, anyhow); but how do I move to a second (blank) page
in Publisher?

I'm not real happy with PDF things I've read in Adobe, it's too hard (slow,
anyway) to move around in the document.

> Joy <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> was very recently heard to utter:
>> I am
>> wanting to find some way to view this story as one would a book. Someone
>> showed me FlipAlbum, but that can't import from Word.  Then I
>> wondered if I could either import (or Copy and Paste) the Word
>> document (or individual pages) into Publisher?  If so, how would I
>> set up Publisher in order to do this?  Any help/suggestions would be
>> appreciated, thanks.
>
> Going into Publisher for this is probably not the easiest way to do what
> you want.
>
> You can convert to PDF using PrimoPDF (free from
> http://www.primopdf.com/), and view the PDF in facing pages view in Adobe
> Reader.
>
> You can also use FinePrint to print non-booklet documents as booklets (not
> free from http://www.fineprint.com/)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
joymp2 (71)
3/4/2006 11:23:30 PM
Joy <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> was very recently heard to utter:
> Thanks for the suggestions.  In the meantime, I'm experimenting. <S> I
> scanned one page of the document as a jpg (including text and
> pictures) and did Copy and Paste and put it that way into Publisher. I'd
> like to continue the experiment (for now, anyhow); but how do I
> move to a second (blank) page in Publisher?

Insert > Page.

> I'm not real happy with PDF things I've read in Adobe, it's too hard
> (slow, anyway) to move around in the document.

It's a lot more flexible than Publisher.  Once you have some practise in
using it, it's easier than using Publisher for document viewing, plus a vast
number of people are able to read documents from it, especially in
comparison with those that can read Publisher documents.

(N.B. You don't HAVE to drag the page around in Adobe Reader [note product
name, the product isn't called "Adobe", that's the manufacturer] to
navigate.  There are also scroll bars, and you can even use the Space key or
PageUp/PageDown keys on your keyboard.  In addition, there are multiple view
options.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
3/4/2006 11:47:53 PM
Thanks for the additional info.   Actually if I could go right from the Word
..doc into something (PDF, say) the pictures would be better, because the
printed page I scanned wasn't on real great paper and the pictures aren't
that clear, plus it's a "copy of a copy" by the time I scanned it.  I'll
look into the PDF.

> Joy <joymp2@bellsouth.net.NO_SPAM> was very recently heard to utter:
>> Thanks for the suggestions.  In the meantime, I'm experimenting. <S> I
>> scanned one page of the document as a jpg (including text and
>> pictures) and did Copy and Paste and put it that way into Publisher. I'd
>> like to continue the experiment (for now, anyhow); but how do I
>> move to a second (blank) page in Publisher?
>
> Insert > Page.
>
>> I'm not real happy with PDF things I've read in Adobe, it's too hard
>> (slow, anyway) to move around in the document.
>
> It's a lot more flexible than Publisher.  Once you have some practise in
> using it, it's easier than using Publisher for document viewing, plus a
> vast number of people are able to read documents from it, especially in
> comparison with those that can read Publisher documents.
>
> (N.B. You don't HAVE to drag the page around in Adobe Reader [note product
> name, the product isn't called "Adobe", that's the manufacturer] to
> navigate.  There are also scroll bars, and you can even use the Space key
> or PageUp/PageDown keys on your keyboard.  In addition, there are multiple
> view options.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
joymp2 (71)

Layout Change in Middle of Document
I am working on a 60+, single page document, when at page 40, the layout changes placing the margins and graphics on the opposite sides of the page as for left and right facng pages. The page layout guide still reads one page and I didn't make any changes. Can anyone help me to get this look like pages 1-39 in a sigle page format? Thanks. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from DianeW <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am working on a 60+, single page document, when at page > 40, the layout changes placing the margins and...

Is there any Books?
Hi, I just wonder is there any books for GP 8.0? thanks Gamal I assume you are looking for something other than the documentation, which you can from https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/UserGuides/ or it is on your Great Plains CD's. I have not seen anything else on Great Plains nor do I recall anything ever being mentioned at either of the two Convergences that I have attended. Maybe someone else knows of something. "Gamal Hammad" wrote: > Hi, > I just wonder is there any books for GP 8.0? > > thanks > Gamal > > &...

Address book in Outlook
I just updated to XP from 2000 and I'm having a hard time setting up my address book in Outlook. I seem to remember that I was able to add email addresses quite easily to my address book when I was using Win 2000. Can anyone out there tell me how to accomplish this task? Jah Ruler Add addresses to your contacts folder. If you're having problems seeing it show up as an address book when you click on the To: button, right click on the contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book, and tick the box. Jah Ruler wrote: > I just updated to XP from 2000 and I'm having a ...

backing up and restoring outlook express email and address book
Hi, I would like to install a new hard drive into my IBM Aptiva computer. I am using outlook express 6.0. I have taken the old hard drive out without removing any data at all. It is completely intact. I have installed the new hard drive and formatted it, then installed Windows 2000. In the process of setting up my internet connection, I was prompted to set up my mail account. I did set up the mail account without any problems. I know would like to restore all of may previous mail and address book from my old hard drive. What do I need to do. Thanks for your help This specifi...

Filter address book
I would like to apply a filter to my contacts (category is "friends") and then see just this group in the email address book so I can pick and choose just from this subset. using Outlook 2003. Is this possible? "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message news:eRhIBOXzJHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I would like to apply a filter to my contacts (category is "friends") and >then see just this group in the email address book so I can pick and choose >just from this subset. using Outlook 2003. You can't categorize the address boo...

Personal Adress Book- 2002
Hi, For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts? harryguy082589@gmail.com <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote: > For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at > the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the > toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts? First make sure you have the Outlook Address Book service installed in your mail profile. Then right-clic...

Advice Requested -- Disk Layout
I am seeking advice on laying out a disk for a new E2K3 server prior to a migration from 5.5. Here are the details: Dell 2850 4 GB RAM Dual 2.8 GHZ Prosessers Single 6 bay backplane PERC controller for backplane 6 drives connected to backplane. My question is this: Would there be any advantage to splitting logically, under Windows, the drive into three partitions? One for the OS and Pagefile, one for the EX logfiles, and one for the EX databases? This server will host about 350 mailboxes and few Public Folders. or Would I get the same performance from one logical partition for all functio...

Screen Layout
I have a planned layout of the MDI App. See below I wonder the "Container" option in the appwizard can do the job ____________________________________ | | --------------------------------------------------------- | MDI Child windows | CScrollView| Splitter : How do I achieve this layout in MFC? I ask this question because I see the docTemplate has only 3 components, so when I create the splitter on that function, I can&#...

address book group problem
I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at the bottom of the small window one at a time. Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries which I put in. Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the eight entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if I lose the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get them again. TIA Pete It might be easier to start over, but I'll leave that up to you....

book fold printing
I have the document set to bookfold, landscape, letter size paper and the Brother printer properties set to bookfold and the document prints 4 small pages on the face of one actual page. What setting is wrong? I have tried setting the printer to normal, duplex and bookfold with no different results. Well, you can print a booklet from Word or from your printer, but you should not be doubling up on the settings. Word's "Book fold" setting is designed to print a booklet using the normal, everyday, default printer settings. You would have to consult your printer docum...

Newspaper layout using Excel?
I work in a newspaper advertising department and use Excel to keep a list of ads that will appear in our newspaper. It contains the advertiser's name, column width and length of the ads. We currently use the Excel list as a reference to create the page layout by hand - Yes, old-fashioned pencil and paper! I'd like be able to use the Excel program itself to create the layout or import the Excel data into a compatible program to create the "map" of the ads and show where we want them to appear. They only need to appear as blank boxes in the appropriate sizes (with the advertis...

no global address book when sending
Hi All, Im having trouble with my email, Im just wondering if you guys could help me... I use Outlook 2000 as my email browser. It started recently when you create a ms word document and go to: File - send to mail receipient or mail receipient as an attachement outlook does open ok except when I select the TO button I do not get my global address book (company address book), I get nothing. Any help I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance... If you create a new message in Outlook and click the To: button, do you see anything in there? Brenda McGrane wrote: > Hi All, >...

Books
Hi, How come isn't any more books written for creating ActiveX using C++ for the web? Yama There are several reasons, ActiveX is old technology. Its been around for a while and it has seen its hey day. It has security flaws as well and is more or less a pain to develop if you go thru C++ route. The only MFC book on the subject is: Activex Controls Inside Out by Adam Denning. ATL is another good way to develop ActiveX controls and its very light compare to MFC. -------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Breaking of serial check in excel work book
hai All can any one tell me how to by pass a registration program to use futher macros in excell work book ...

500 FREE BOOK (e-book format) and DVD giveaway #2
Get Jamie's Newly Revised FREE BOOK (e-book format) and DVD (valued at $97.00) As a special gift, we would like to provide you with a Free copy of Jamie McIntyre's newly revised E-Book and DVD (In hard copy mailed to you) titled: "What I Didn't Learn At School But Wish I Had" The key topics covered in this Book and DVD are: Jamie McIntyre Click Here For Your Free DVD! http://www.21stcenturyacademy.com.au/cmd.php?af=262381 " What you should have been taught at school, but weren't. " The 4 key skills you must master to succeed in the 21st Cent...

address book #73
hi, i am looking for a way to copy the office address book for my personal use from the exchange server of some kind. when o open up the properties tab at wofk to see if i can right click and save, it would let me, as a matter of fact it is not even an option. any tips. im pretty sure that the administrator is the one who maintains the address book and the employees can only view it and send email using it, but i dont think one can save it. any tips. http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.asp --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Af...

BUDGET Book Codes?
I am unable to pull Budget information into FRX for a Budget that has been loaded and is resident in GP 9.0. In FRX when I use the Drop Down Menu for Book Code . Attribute Catagory (ACTUAL, BUDGET etc.), the only selection available is ACTUAL? Consequently, when I attempt to populate a column with Budget (even typing in the name of the BUDGET, I get NO RESULTS -either the column is blank, or ommitted altogether (depending upon the formatting I chose. Appreciate any help on how to add the loaded Budget in GP 9.0 (Book Code) so I can utilize it in FRX. -- AR HARNACK Financial Process ...

Access Book collection Database
Hi i have downloaded the book collection database from the microsoft website, I have converted this database to keep a database of my audiobook collection this works very well but i have one problem to work out yet, and any help would be great. In the database i have a field for the playing time of each audiobook some are quite a few hours long and i would like access to add up the playing time in any report i print. I can get access to print a total number of books but i am unable to get it to add all the playing times and give a total number og hours. Is this possible please Regar...

Display all users in address book by default in OWA
This is what I would like to see happen When a user clicks the NEW message button they click the "To" button in order to select a user in the address book I would like by default all users to be displayed in the select window automatically. Right now I have to have the users hit the space bar once and then hit enter. If they do that all users are displayed but is there a way to have that already show up in the selection window by default? On 16 Nov 2004 00:20:45 -0800, cbielich@yahoo.com (cbielich) wrote: >This is what I would like to see happen > >When a user clicks the ...

Booking from the calendar view
I should be possible to select bookings from the servicecalendar-view and then create a serviceactivity for the selected resources on the selected period. This would speed-up the serviceactivity creation witch is slow when you allready know on what date you want to book on or more ressources. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web...

Contacts to my Address Book
Is there a way to transfer or copy my 'Contacts' to my Address Book. I think I probably do not understand what the difference is. Jan OL uses Contacts, not add.book, why do you wish to use add.book? If you have started using OL, and previously used Outlook Express, on the same PC. In OL Import your addresses from OE. "Jan" <etyud@hetnot.nl> wrote in message news:1e4ce$42a05cb4$c3a990f6$20574@news1.tudelft.nl... > Is there a way to transfer or copy my 'Contacts' to my Address Book. I think > I probably do not understand what the difference is. > Jan ...

How do I do a mail merge for a four page layout (newsletter) on 1.
I am trying to do a mail merge with MS Access for a four page layout of a newsletter on 11 by 17 size paper where the addresses will print on the fourth page of each newsletter. So far we can only get one address from the Access file (wherre there are multiple address) to print. ...

Coloring Book printout
Am I able to take an image in Publisher and print it in outline form as a coloring book page for children? Thank you. I don't see why not... There are many coloring books and pages on the Office template web site http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=coloring+book&av=TPL000 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Opsimath" <Opsimath@peoplepc.co> wrote in message news:30usb5hcraqea4ki7tv0c302915u4dof63@4ax.com... > Am I able to take an image in Publisher and print it in outline form > as a coloring book page for children? Thank you. ...

hijacked address book
This morning, I began getting notices of undeliverable mail which I had not sent. Friends began complaining that I was sending them spam. When trying to use my contact list to warn others, I found that most of my contacts had been deleted - particularly those that had received the spam. On my XP Home SP3 machine, I'm using WLM V2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726) and about half of my contacts are gone. On my Vista Home machine, using WLM V2008 (build 12.0.1606), the contacts list is totaly empty. Is there any way of restoring my contacts list? I notice that this same problem i...

Book text not extending to bottom of text box
I have text in a book of roughly 128 pages where the text is not extending to bottom of the text box on various pages. When I delete a space to get it to connect that does not work either. Any suggestions for getting this to line up? I have created these docs before and didn't have this problem. -- Robert Pearson ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music http://www.rspearson.com/ I use Publisher 2000 and base my comments on it. You can't link a text box that has text in it. The only way I know of connecting te...