Blurry images

My pictures are blurry - any suggestions?

Forgive me but my first thought is to suggest you get new glasses.

All silliness aside, you want to tell us what version of Publisher you are
using, where you got the photos, what format they're in, and if you tried
updating your video driver?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Scott" <scottvivian@pcmi.biz> wrote in message
> My pictures are blurry - any suggestions?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
9/8/2004 3:31:18 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Scott
<scottvivian@pcmi.biz>!"...
> My pictures are blurry - any suggestions?

If they are blurry on-screen, but not in print, try View > Pictures.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

how to redraw a part of strechec image
Hi I am using a small image (as compared to form/dialog) as background of full screen application (dialog application). I use CDC::StretchBlt function to display the initial image. I need to redraw a part of the dialog..so I have to redraw the image(part of stretched image).. How am I supposed to do that? Regards Ashutosh Ashutosh wrote: > Hi > I am using a small image (as compared to form/dialog) as background of full > screen application (dialog application). > > I use CDC::StretchBlt function to display the initial image. > I need to redraw a part of the dialog...

mirror image #2
Is there a way to mirror a text or word in excel? I am trying to make an iron on so I need a mirrored image. If anyone knows how, it's greatly appreciated. Deb, The best I can come up with is to do it in Paint and then insert it into Excel. Paint>> Image>Flip/Rotate>Flip_Horizontal, then save Excel>> Insert>Picture>From_File, then select the file. Good Luck, Mark Graesser mark_graesser@yahoo.com Our Fair City - Boston MA ----- Deb wrote: ----- Is there a way to mirror a text or word in excel? I am trying to make an iron on so I need ...

the newsletter is blurry
Hi! I tried to develop a newsletter with Publisher. It is quite easy to use and I had no no problems at all until I tried to send it per e-mail (I have outlook 2003), i.e. in order to test my newsletter, I sent it to myself. But: the text was really blurry. Especially all the hyperlinks are not shown clearly. I would not like to send the newsletter via attachment - so pdf is not really an option for me. How can I improve my newsletter? Can I send a newsletter directly via smtp without using Outlook? Thanks The reason the text is blurry is the newsletter has been converted to an ima...

images #2
Is there any way to change the default Save As: for unknown images from .bmp to other formats? Even when the image is originally a .gif, it will only save as .bmp ...

Adding an image to an Image control
I would like to create a worksheet where I can store information on number of items. Each row of the worksheet would store data on 1 item only, and the last cell of data would contain a link to an image of the item (C:\Users\Dad\Desktop\test.png). What I can not figure out is how to create the code to display the image in an Image control on my Userform. What I tried was: Image1.Picture = Range("E3").Value where Range("E3") contained C:\Users\Dad\Desktop\test.png. Is this do able? If so could someone point me in the right direction. Image1.Pi...

how do i resize & focus a photo so it's not blurry
i just need to know how to resize and focus or sharpen the photo. I copied it from another website but it's too small and if I zoom or try to enlarge it, it's very blurry and you can't even see our faces...arrrr! Wrong newsgroup, I fear. This forum is for questions relating to Microsoft Access, a database product which is part of the Microsoft Office Suite. I can answer your question, though: even with professional photo manipulation software such as Adobe Photoshop, there is little you can do to sharpen a photo when you enlarge it. The photo is blurred because informati...

FS: Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9 (New in Box)
FS: Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9 (New in Box) I have for sale a new, still sealed in the box, Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9. Asking $60 + shipping. If you're interested, I can send you some JPG's of the package for your review. Thanks in advance! ...

Building Identical Images
Hi all, I am using Windows CE 6.0 R3 for a medical device and need to be able to build the exact same OS image on a different machine. I cannot even get the same machine to build the same image. The differences are small, which I assume are different timestamps of files within the image. Can someone please point me in the right direction, as I am sure this is not the first time someone has had this problem before, I just could not find anything. Thanks, This thread from the archives is on-topic: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsce.platbuilder/browse_...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Text won't wrap around an image
Usually I can get text to wrap around an image but I have one (a .jpg) that will not no matter what I do. I've tried changing the type of wrap I want in both the image itself as well as the text box but it won't work. What am I doing wrong? JudyJ wrote: > Usually I can get text to wrap around an image but I have one (a .jpg) that > will not no matter what I do. I've tried changing the type of wrap I want in > both the image itself as well as the text box but it won't work. What am I > doing wrong? Have you brought the image to the front? If the text is in fr...

Background Image for Folded Card
I am printing a folded (greeting) card and want the background image to bleed onto the front and back side of the completed project. Pub 2000 had a template with a snowflake that did this. How can I reproduce it with a different image? The snowflake template simply used an image and moved it to the fold line on both the front and back. It gives the impression of wrapping. If you want to use a different image, copy your picture, align them perfectly on top of each other, with the crop tool, crop the top image left to where you want the bleed, crop the bottom image likewise right. -- M...

HTML Email Blurry
I chose "Design A Publication for Email", created an announcement, converted it to a web publication. I then chose "Send This Page As A Message" to myself for a test. The text seems to be choppy/blurring - not professional looking. Is there a way to make it crisp and clear when viewed? Perhaps go to Tools > Options > Web tab and uncheck send as jpg. Or...send the page as a PDF with perhaps www.primopdf.com or other pdf program if you aren't using 2007. DavidF "sweetysd" <sweetysd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22ADB2...

how do i change an image extension in incoming mail? #2
My email picture's come in with a different extension. When I try to open the image a new image software window opens up and asked to purchase it, in order to view my images. How can I change the extension on the images, and view them with one of my image editors? Thank you, Vee ...

Wayward Images in Publisher 2003
I'm having an unusual problem with clip art placement in Publisher 2003. If I create a text box and place an image in the box and look at it in preview mode, the page and image placement looks fine. When the doc is printed the image(s)from the page are printed in upper lefthand corner of the page (if more than one image, they are stacked one on top of each other. My printer is an HP 8550DN color printer which is networked. No problems with images in previous version of Publisher, only with 2003. What am I doing wrong? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A p...

Blurry pictures
Trying to insert pics from file into current publication and they are all coming in blurry.?? Not sure why.. These include file types: jpegs, gifs, bitmaps and Tif Can anyone help? Thankyou.. Coops Coops wrote: > Trying to insert pics from file into current publication and they are > all coming in blurry.?? Not sure why.. These include file types: > jpegs, gifs, bitmaps and Tif > Can anyone help? Thankyou.. > Coops =================================== MS Publisher? Which version? Do these same images display clearly when viewed with WP&FV or in your other software? Mayb...

Can't paste image files into email
I have uninstalled the latest windows updates adn used system restore back to when my system was working correctly. I can now cut/paste in office but still cannot in outlook express. Can anyone help us out??? ANy help would be greatly appreciated!! Hello Lee, you wrote on Fri, 12 Aug 2005 04:54:22 GMT: > I have uninstalled the latest windows updates adn used system restore back > to when my system was working correctly. I can now cut/paste in office but > still cannot in outlook express. Can anyone help us out??? ANy help would be > greatly appreciated!! This is an ou...

how do I get images to print on paper where they are on the scree
Pub 2007 I am printing greeting cards in a 7x10 or 6.75x 9.75 size. Issue is the image does not show up on the paper where they are according to the screen. anybody know how to deal with this. thanks You deal with it with hope... Setup your printer for the custom size 10 x 7. Create your card as though it was a landscaped 10 x 7 publication. From the Arrange menu, set your margins Click the grid guides tab, 2 columns, spacing twice the margin (if your right margin is .5, set the spacing to 1 inch, check add a center line between the columns. Create the front of the card with the ...

Localizing images
Hi all, How do I localize images in my ASP.Net 3.5 application? OK, I know I can put image URLs in the *.resx file under App_GlobalResources and then use it in, let's say, my image button like this: <asp:ImageButton ImageUrl=<%$ Resources:URLs, OKImage %> ... I could even localize just part of the URL (folder) but this is not what I am looking for. Since there is a way to add images to the *.resx file itself there must be some better way way to use them. Google reveals million examples on how to localize strings but I found nothing on images. Thanks for an...

Redrawing a vector type image
Hi, I've got an Visual c++ application which draws to the screen by looping through lots of my own custom shapes in memory (10000+) and calling functions such as CDC::Polyline to draw them. This takes a bit of time when I have lots of objects and I would like to avoid having to do this eveytime the window gets minimised / moved off the screen. How can I 'grab' so to speak the static view of the image so this could just be dumped back to the screen rather than having to loop through all my objects and redraw them all again, is this at all possible? Even better, would be a wa...

Matching an image file to a drop down box selection
Is there a method to display an image file in a cell (or cell range) conditional on the selection from a drop down box? For instance, to select a colour from the list, and have the colour displayed in the column adjacent (as in colour swatches from a paint store, or to select a car model, and to have an image of it displayed adjacent to the selection). Thanks, Ed JE McGimpsey shows a way at: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html Ed Crawford wrote: > > Is there a method to display an image file in a cell (or cell range) > conditional on the selection from a drop d...

sending email newsletter in Publisher
I have sent the newsletter in Outlook, and previously changed a setting (but can't find it again) where the whole newsletter/email is sent as a 'jpeg' for older computers to receive. However the result looks very poor and blurry. The text and the images are blurry, and as I am selling art, it really looks awful. What is the sharpest and best way to send a Publisher document in Outlook - anybody??? PDF. There are free converters around, this is one. http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft....

Problem displaying images
Hello, I have a question regarding pasted images in Word 2003. When I want to place a picture/image using copy-paste I get a shaded gray reference (like html code or location path) instead of the picture. I can only see the actual picture on the document when I select Print Layout, but not in any other layout (normal, reading, etc). The image does print, but how can I make Word display the image under any layout view? It used to do it, I am not sure what I changed on it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes (what you're seeing)...

Blurry images
My pictures are blurry - any suggestions? Forgive me but my first thought is to suggest you get new glasses. All silliness aside, you want to tell us what version of Publisher you are using, where you got the photos, what format they're in, and if you tried updating your video driver? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Scott" <scottvivian@pcmi.biz> wrote in message news:7cd401c49550$86076390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > My pictures are blurry - any suggestions? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.co...

Blurry ads in .pdf
I'm using Publisher 2003. When I convert my final draft to .pdf, several ads are blurry and unreadable. These are scanned from glossy business cards, I then convert to gray scale witnin Publisher. Everything seems fine until I convert to .pdf. Any suggestions? Have you tried converting the images to gray scale in a editing program and then inserting into Publisher? You might have better results. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "SBW - Co-editor" <SBWCoeditor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Using CDC to generate graphics image file
My server application requires generating graphics image files. As you can appreciate, I would rather not develop a complete MFC application, so I don't want to start with code like this: CPaintDC dc(this); m_FirstPaint = FALSE; m_DC = new CDC; m_DC->CreateCompatibleDC( &dc ); m_Bitmap = new CBitmap; m_Bitmap->CreateCompatibleBitmap( &dc, BITMAP_X, BITMAP_Y ); Instead, perhaps there is a way to use CreateDC to create an DC for an image in one of the popular formats such as GIF, JPEG, PNG, ect. I hope you can help me with code that creates the correct DC ...