blurred pictures

a friend of mine has Publisher 2002 and when he inserts a picture (any
picture) it appears blurred.  Go to print preview and it's fine.  It also
prints
ok.

I also have Publisher 2002 and can't work out how his pictures look blurred,
any ideas please?

TIA

0
odaat21 (3)

View, Pictures, Picture display, tick "Detailed display". If this doesn't do it, have
your friend update his video driver.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Mike" <odaat21@caravan32.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> a friend of mine has Publisher 2002 and when he inserts a picture (any
> picture) it appears blurred.  Go to print preview and it's fine.  It also
> prints
> ok.
>
> I also have Publisher 2002 and can't work out how his pictures look blurred,
> any ideas please?
>
> TIA

0
gsauer (5094)
7/10/2004 11:21:02 AM
Brilliant Mary, spot on.  Just replicated it on my pc.

Many thanks,

Mike

"Mary Sauer" <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> View, Pictures, Picture display, tick "Detailed display". If this doesn't
do it, have
> your friend update his video driver.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Mike" <odaat21@caravan32.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > a friend of mine has Publisher 2002 and when he inserts a picture (any
> > picture) it appears blurred.  Go to print preview and it's fine.  It
also
> > prints
> > ok.
> >
> > I also have Publisher 2002 and can't work out how his pictures look
blurred,
> > any ideas please?
> >
> > TIA

0
odaat21 (3)
7/10/2004 12:58:09 PM
Mary,
I've had Publisher for two weeks and struggled with this same problem.  I
tried your solution and I'm in business now also!  Many Thanks!
Chief

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> View, Pictures, Picture display, tick "Detailed display". If this doesn't do it, have
> your friend update his video driver.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
> "Mike" <odaat21@caravan32.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > a friend of mine has Publisher 2002 and when he inserts a picture (any
> > picture) it appears blurred.  Go to print preview and it's fine.  It also
> > prints
> > ok.
> >
> > I also have Publisher 2002 and can't work out how his pictures look blurred,
> > any ideas please?
> >
> > TIA

0
Chief (8)

How to load a picture when the dialog created?
I wanna show a picture when my dialog created.So I write it in OnInitDialog().But when the dialog come out,I cannot find my picture.Then I try to write my code in OnPaint(),it cannot work. But,when I set a timer in these part like "SetTimer(1,0,NULL)",and write the "draw picture" code in the timer,my picture can be showed now. Why??? :( Where are you trying to create this picture? On the dialog? Is it a splash screen that you want? Look at codeguru/codeproject for samples etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "valkyrie" <valkyrie@enorth.c...

Pasting A Picture
Hi all, I got a customer with a crazy request... He wants to copy a web page into the account screen... I cant retreive the account via Iframe because it does'nt allow to pass records.. is there a way in which I can copy and paste the contents of the site into an iframe or text field?? I know it sounds ridicules but the Customer insists.. and for some reason the Customer is always right.. tnx, Guy S Hu Guy, Are you interested in custom solutions?. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Guy Shokrani" wrote: > Hi all, > > I got a customer with a crazy request...

picture and data question
I want to have a picture under the data so I can enter data and have both print out. I have the picture in the workbook. Now I need to enter data over the picture. I am sure there is something simple I am missing, but... How would I manage to do this? dave On Jan 20, 1:33 pm, Dave Gerecke <dave.gere...@netconnect.com.au> wrote: > I want to have a picture under the data so I can enter data and have > both print out. > I have the picture in the workbook. > Now I need to enter data over the picture. I am sure there is something > simple I am missing, but... > How would I ...

blurred pictures
a friend of mine has Publisher 2002 and when he inserts a picture (any picture) it appears blurred. Go to print preview and it's fine. It also prints ok. I also have Publisher 2002 and can't work out how his pictures look blurred, any ideas please? TIA View, Pictures, Picture display, tick "Detailed display". If this doesn't do it, have your friend update his video driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mike" <odaat21@caravan32.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:ccofln$i78...

Removing picture from a worksheet
Hi All, I have about 90 different worksheets and majority of worksheets have a imagine file called 'picture 1'. All I am trying to do is delete this picture from every worksheets. So far I've done: For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets Set DelPic = ws.Shapes("Picture 1") 'DelPic.Delete Next This macro runs fine if there is a picture 1 in the worksheet but because some of the worksheets don't really have a picture. It creates an error. How do I condition it so it only deletes 'picture 1' if there is o...

Publisher-web site creation-pictures
I have created a web page in publisher that consists of text and pictures of various sizes (pixels). It displays perfectly when I test the site before publishing it to the web. The page contains no special features. No buttons, no links, no address book, no counters, etc. etc.. When I publish the page to "MSN Groups" the pictures will not display. Each picture area is blank and only displays an "x" in the upper left hand corner. How can I make the pictures come up on the web page when I publish to the site? I've never created a page using Publisher (I use FrontPage), n...

Word blurs inserted images
Inserted images appear blurred (on screen and in an HTML "save as" form). I am trying to explicitly show pixellated images... but Word blurs everything... it seems to be "trying to help" by anti-aliasing, or something. I've searched for a setting to swtich off but can not find one. Thank you. ...

Importing pictures / charts from web
Hi, Is it possible to import a picture or a graph of eg share prices directly into excel from the web? thanks again! ...

relation between cell and picture which is above it.
in my sheet there is one column called 'picture', and many picture are in cells belongs to this column. my problem is that, i know picture is just floating on the sheet, it doesn't belong to any cell. But, i need get the picture which is above certain cell. so i need know the relation between one cell and picture which above this cell. in my sheet, the cell size is bigger than picture.so the picture is totally in the cell. Sub a() Dim Pic As Shape For Each Pic In ActiveSheet.Shapes If Pic.TopLeftCell.Address(False, False) = "D9" Then Msg...

Extracting picture from Word Doc
XP/2003 I received a Word document that has images in it. I right click on the image, but there is no "Save As" or "Save Image As" option. I'd like to save the image as a jpg or tif, but don't want to save it as an image within a Word doc. Is this possible? Thanks You can save the document in HTML format. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "William" <William@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A388794-9571-40C6-B1D0-19803A5D1A5D@microsoft.com... > XP/2003 > > I received a Word document that has...

blurred images
Recently when I scan or copy and paste something into Publisher the picture that appears is very blurred. It will show ok in Print Preview and prints ok but is impossible to work with. Have I accidentally altered something or what? please help View, Pictures, Enhanced Display or The fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gonetoseed" <gonetoseed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8231D3CF-7C99-487A-A28F-E7A8CF9B0945@microsoft.com...

inserting pictures
Is there a way to limit the size (proportations) of a picture when inserting it into a worksheet? It comes in as a full page that then needs to be resized to about 3" x 5" to fit in a cell. Thanks. Can you use a macro? this example will fit the picture within cell C1. Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim myPict As Picture With ActiveSheet.Range("c1") Set myPict = .Parent.Pictures.Insert("C:\mypict.bmp") myPict.Top = .Top myPict.Width = .Width myPict.Height = .Height myPict.Left = .Left myPict.Plac...

Outlook 2003
Hi! I am managing all of my contacts in Outlook 2003, and added pictures (photos) of each contact. So far okay. Now i want to export my contacts (as vcards) - no problem, but where are the pictures? Can anybody help me? Where can i find the pictures? Are they stored in my .pst file? How can i extract them? Thanks very much! ehrengruber@gmail.com <ehrengruber@gmail.com> wrote: > I am managing all of my contacts in Outlook 2003, and added pictures > (photos) of each contact. So far okay. Now i want to export my > contacts (as vcards) - no problem, but where are the pictures?...

Why picture is missing
I added several picutures in one of my files using publisher 2003. When I save one of the pictures seem to be missing all the time. It's not just when I save, when I leave the file out for a while the picture will be lost, too. Please help, thanks Angelinrose T Le It's your video driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. Meanwhile, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, see if that helps. Control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msa...

Inserting pictures then sorting
I have a sheet containing data in the first few columns then a column containing references to pictures. Can these pictures be imported into the cell next to the reference eg data is in columns A & B a reference to a picture in columnC. If the pictures refered to in column C can be imported into column D. I can then sort by the data in columns A & B and print out the pictures I am interested in. Obviously this is a simplified version of what I require as there are hundreds of lines of data but hopefully you will get the picture. I could use file insert picture, but this would be h...

Blurred Images in Pub 2003
I just upgraded from Pub 2000. All my images in 2003 (both old and new) are displayed as blurred images. However, when I go to print they appear to be clear. Is there something I'm doing wrong or does this happen with everyone using 2003? Cheers, David Try, view, pictures, detailed display. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Type 181 Registry" <info@type181registry.com> wrote in message news:Ms6dnS70rsKskGbcRVn-gw@comcast.com... >I just upgraded from Pub 2000. All my images in 2003 (both...

to make a picture into a circle without distorting the picture
I am using Publisher 2000. When I make a picture into a circle in it, it distorts the subject of the picture. Is there someway to fix that, or is there some other program to use? How are you inserting the picture? Are you using Insert, Picture, New Drawing? Create a circle, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to the picture. Distortion can be controlled somewhat if the picture is about the same size as the circle. If you have a real draw program you will get better results. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

Saving pictures as trasparent
Hello! Having problems when I'm having two pictures in my file. The first one is a background, and the second one should be transparent. How do I do that? Thanks -- - Lars I would suggest the version of Publisher you are using does not support transparency. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. We have the 2003 version of publisher. Should the picture be created transparent before pub? -- - Lars "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote i...

How do I save a picture from word into my pictures?
I have recently installed Office 2007. I am unable to copy and paste a picture from word 2003 onto publisher 2007. So I tried to save the picture into my pics and then insert but I can't do that either. Please help. Unique wrote: > I have recently installed Office 2007. I am unable to copy and paste > a picture from word 2003 onto publisher 2007. So I tried to save the > picture into my pics and then insert but I can't do that either. > Please help. ============================ Maybe the following links will help: (555171) WD: How To Extract Embedded Im...

pictures from memory card/camera
I really liked the camara/scanner wizard in Windows XP. When you connect a memory card or camera you can see every photo, checkmark the ones you want and then proceed to import and name the batch of photos. In Vista/7 I don't see any such option. The only option I see is the give a name to all the photos on the card/camera. You can not individually choose which photos to download etc. This is like a serious step back and loss of a cool feature. How can I get this functionality in windows vista/7. If not, is there a free 3rd party app I can use to regain the lost features...

Picture inflation
I was almost finished with my document when I added the pictures. There was 1 gif and 10 jpgs, with a total file size of about 1.5 MB. The size of the .pub file went from 69 KB to 40.2 MB. Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to get the file smaller (besides deleting the pictures)? Thanks, Bob anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I was almost finished with my document when I added the > pictures. There was 1 gif and 10 jpgs, with a total file > size of about 1.5 MB. The size of the .pub file went from > 69 KB to 40.2 MB. Always state your version and oper...

embed pictures in Outlook
Is it possible to embed pictures in outlook so the the recipient recieves then in email body and not in attachments line Thank you Yes. You need to set the message format to HTML and use the Insert > Picture menu choice*. /neo * Your mileage may vary as the steps listed above are for Outlook 98/2003 with Word being disabled as the e-mail editor. "belto" <belto@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:j2Rqg.40119$181.15574@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > Is it possible to embed pictures in outlook so the the recipient recieves > then in email body and not i...

Catalog Merge Picture/Objext Size Issue
I am creating a catalog merge in Publisher. I need to save it as a PDF document and then import into Corel for my project. I have all the links working for pictures, text ect. My issue is I make the background picture 10x7 and when I tell it to create a new document it changes the sizes of one of the dimensions slightly. Ex: 10x7.004. It is slight but it will make the item off center when I open it in Corel. I have tried re-sizing in the format picture area and also selected and unselected both lock aspect ratio and relative to original picture size. I have also tried to make the p...

Can't insert a picture
When i try to insert a picture, Outlook 2007 faults with apologies. This occurs while the browse window is partly filled out. this has been the case since I upgraded from a previous version. I have tried all the suggestions which were in the "Sepron" post, 11/22/07. Help? --Terry What exactly is logged to the Event Viewer about this? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/317 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.inf...

jpeg picture appears blurry in a Publisher document
Why does a JPEG picture appear blurry in my Publisher document yet when I insert the same JPEG picture into a Word document it is crystal clear? What am I doing wrong? Donna wrote: > Why does a JPEG picture appear blurry in my Publisher document yet when I > insert the same JPEG picture into a Word document it is crystal clear? What > am I doing wrong? Check the options in View > Pictures. Is the setting at "Fast Resize and Zoom"? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...