blurred images

Recently when I scan or copy and paste something into Publisher the picture
that appears is very blurred.  It will show ok in Print Preview and prints ok
but is impossible to work with. Have I accidentally altered something or
what? please help

View, Pictures, Enhanced Display or
The fourth FAQ here
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"gonetoseed" <gonetoseed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently when I scan or copy and paste something into Publisher the picture
> that appears is very blurred.  It will show ok in Print Preview and prints ok
> but is impossible to work with. Have I accidentally altered something or
> what? please help

0
mary-sauer (6480)
12/11/2007 1:04:14 PM
gonetoseed wrote:
> Recently when I scan or copy and paste something into Publisher the picture
> that appears is very blurred.  It will show ok in Print Preview and prints ok
> but is impossible to work with. Have I accidentally altered something or
> what? please help

If you were to zoom in on the image it would have the same effect. The
issue is that web images are at the same resolution/clarity as your
monitor - they look sharp, but they are only as sharp as your monitor.
Enlarging them shows them up for their lack of clarity.

Enlargement whilst maintaining clarity adds detail, which is a hard
thing to do. It's about as easy as taking a child's crayon scribblings
and turning it into a masterpiece oil on canvas painting, or taking a
one-page outline of the plot of a film and turning it into a screenplay.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> View, Pictures, Enhanced Display or
> The fourth FAQ here
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "gonetoseed" <gonetoseed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Recently when I scan or copy and paste something into Publisher the picture
> > that appears is very blurred.  It will show ok in Print Preview and prints ok
> > but is impossible to work with. Have I accidentally altered something or
> > what? please help

Hello Ed. Yes it looks as though I have over zoomed it but why has this
suddenly started to happen and how can I get it back to normal. It was
working fine up until a day or two ago and has done for 2 years!

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> gonetoseed wrote:
> > Recently when I scan or copy and paste something into Publisher the picture
> > that appears is very blurred.  It will show ok in Print Preview and prints ok
> > but is impossible to work with. Have I accidentally altered something or
> > what? please help
>
> If you were to zoom in on the image it would have the same effect. The
> issue is that web images are at the same resolution/clarity as your
> monitor - they look sharp, but they are only as sharp as your monitor.
> Enlarging them shows them up for their lack of clarity.
>
> Enlargement whilst maintaining clarity adds detail, which is a hard
> thing to do. It's about as easy as taking a child's crayon scribblings
> and turning it into a masterpiece oil on canvas painting, or taking a
> one-page outline of the plot of a film and turning it into a screenplay.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

What format is the picture? eps? What happens if you insert rather than paste?
Are you certain you checked your graphics driver to make sure it is current? Did
you slide the acceleration down as suggested in the article?

PUB: Importing and Printing an .EPS Graphic
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/92485/en-us
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> I'm sorry but there doesn't appear to be an answer to my problem on the page
> you sent me.  This has suddenly occured in the last few days. If I copy a
> thumbnail which is stored in my pictures and paste it into a blank publisher
> page it arrives very blurred.  This also happens if I scan a document
> directly into publisher. Didn't used to happen. If I view the item now in
> publisher in the print preview mode it is clear and prints clear. What could
> have gone wrong?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> View, Pictures, Enhanced Display or
>> The fourth FAQ here
>> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "gonetoseed" <gonetoseed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Recently when I scan or copy and paste something into Publisher the picture
>> > that appears is very blurred.  It will show ok in Print Preview and prints
>> > ok
>> > but is impossible to work with. Have I accidentally altered something or
>> > what? please help

0
mary-sauer (6480)
12/11/2007 5:38:51 PM
Dear Mary, It is the same with JPEG or BITMAP images.  I cannot insert
because when I select that it opens the big my pictures page of folders and
thumbnails and right clicking on one of them does not give insert as an
option.  Something has gone wrong, its the same if I copy and paste something
from my documents. It seems as though the small window with the list to
select from is not available. Only a full window of folders and individual
items opens - perhaps that's something to do with it though I am sure I could
copy and paste before.  I could, I suppose, uninstall Office and reinstall (I
presume I can't just do the Publisher bit as it came with the Small Business
Edition 2003) If I do that, how can I save my contacts list from Outlook. I
can't help thinking that I have made some sort of silly alteration to
something in Publisher but what have I done that is the wuestion.  I am
afraid I don't understand what eps is or what you mean by sliding tghe
accceleration down. Self taught but now fairly proficient silver surfer here
and with a newsletter to get out this week. Please help!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What format is the picture? eps? What happens if you insert rather than paste?
> Are you certain you checked your graphics driver to make sure it is current? Did
> you slide the acceleration down as suggested in the article?
>
> PUB: Importing and Printing an .EPS Graphic
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "gonetoseed" <gonetoseed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm sorry but there doesn't appear to be an answer to my problem on the page
> > you sent me.  This has suddenly occured in the last few days. If I copy a
> > thumbnail which is stored in my pictures and paste it into a blank publisher
> > page it arrives very blurred.  This also happens if I scan a document
> > directly into publisher. Didn't used to happen. If I view the item now in
> > publisher in the print preview mode it is clear and prints clear. What could
> > have gone wrong?
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> View, Pictures, Enhanced Display or
> >> The fourth FAQ here
> >> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "gonetoseed" <gonetoseed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

The only advice I can offer is maybe a detect and repair.
Are you in Web creation mode? Have you changed anything in the Accessibility
folder in the control panel? High contrast perhaps?

You can test your graphics filters to see if they are working correctly.
To test a graphics filter, do the following:

Create a blank publication that you don't need to save.
On the Objects toolbar, click Picture Frame , and then click Picture from File.
Drag the mouse diagonally until the picture frame is the size that you want.
In the Insert Picture dialog box, locate the folder C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt.
Double-click the graphics image for the filter that you want to test, such as
Ms.tif.
If the test image is inserted correctly, there may be an issue with the graphics
image that you are trying to insert.

If the test image is not inserted correctly, there may be an issue with the
graphics filter for that image format.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Dear Mary, It is the same with JPEG or BITMAP images.  I cannot insert
> because when I select that it opens the big my pictures page of folders and
> thumbnails and right clicking on one of them does not give insert as an
> option.  Something has gone wrong, its the same if I copy and paste something
> from my documents. It seems as though the small window with the list to
> select from is not available. Only a full window of folders and individual
> items opens - perhaps that's something to do with it though I am sure I could
> copy and paste before.  I could, I suppose, uninstall Office and reinstall (I
> presume I can't just do the Publisher bit as it came with the Small Business
> Edition 2003) If I do that, how can I save my contacts list from Outlook. I
> can't help thinking that I have made some sort of silly alteration to
> something in Publisher but what have I done that is the wuestion.  I am
> afraid I don't understand what eps is or what you mean by sliding tghe
> accceleration down. Self taught but now fairly proficient silver surfer here
> and with a newsletter to get out this week. Please help!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What format is the picture? eps? What happens if you insert rather than
>> paste?
>> Are you certain you checked your graphics driver to make sure it is current?
>> Did
>> you slide the acceleration down as suggested in the article?
>>
>> PUB: Importing and Printing an .EPS Graphic
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "gonetoseed" <gonetoseed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm sorry but there doesn't appear to be an answer to my problem on the
>> > page
>> > you sent me.  This has suddenly occured in the last few days. If I copy a
>> > thumbnail which is stored in my pictures and paste it into a blank
>> > publisher
>> > page it arrives very blurred.  This also happens if I scan a document
>> > directly into publisher. Didn't used to happen. If I view the item now in
>> > publisher in the print preview mode it is clear and prints clear. What
>> > could
>> > have gone wrong?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
12/11/2007 10:50:54 PM
In Publisher...when you go to...Insert / Picture /
From file....what happens if you double left
click the image of your choice?

Also...for the blurriness...have you gone to...
VIew / Pictures / Detailed Display / OK.

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

========================
gonetoseed wrote:
> Dear Mary, It is the same with JPEG or BITMAP images.  I cannot insert
> because when I select that it opens the big my pictures page of
> folders and thumbnails and right clicking on one of them does not
> give insert as an option.  Something has gone wrong, its the same if
> I copy and paste something from my documents. It seems as though the
> small window with the list to select from is not available. Only a
> full window of folders and individual items opens - perhaps that's
> something to do with it though I am sure I could copy and paste
> before.  I could, I suppose, uninstall Office and reinstall (I
> presume I can't just do the Publisher bit as it came with the Small
> Business Edition 2003) If I do that, how can I save my contacts list
> from Outlook. I can't help thinking that I have made some sort of
> silly alteration to something in Publisher but what have I done that
> is the wuestion.  I am afraid I don't understand what eps is or what
> you mean by sliding tghe accceleration down. Self taught but now
> fairly proficient silver surfer here and with a newsletter to get out
> this week. Please help!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> What format is the picture? eps? What happens if you insert rather
>> than paste? Are you certain you checked your graphics driver to make
>> sure it is current? Did you slide the acceleration down as suggested
>> in the article?
>>
>> PUB: Importing and Printing an .EPS Graphic
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "gonetoseed" <gonetoseed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm sorry but there doesn't appear to be an answer to my problem on
>>> the page you sent me.  This has suddenly occured in the last few
>>> days. If I copy a thumbnail which is stored in my pictures and
>>> paste it into a blank publisher page it arrives very blurred.  This
>>> also happens if I scan a document directly into publisher. Didn't
>>> used to happen. If I view the item now in publisher in the print
>>> preview mode it is clear and prints clear. What could have gone
>>> wrong?

0
oobie (2069)
12/11/2007 10:59:56 PM
gonetoseed wrote:
> Hello Ed. Yes it looks as though I have over zoomed it but why has this
> suddenly started to happen and how can I get it back to normal. It was
> working fine up until a day or two ago and has done for 2 years!

If it happens with high-resolution scanned images and photographs taken
on a digital camera, it is a different issue to that encountered when
copying and pasting web resolution images.

View > Pictures > Detailed Display should sort you out. And slow down
Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)
12/11/2007 11:41:30 PM
Dear Mary, John and Ed,  Thank you all for being so helpful - I think I've
solved it by downloading the Service Pack for 2003 updates. Everything seems
to be working now - fingers crossed.  Do you happen to know how I can get
updates offered automatically from MS like Windows does? Thank you all again
for your support.

gonetoseed wrote:
> Dear Mary, John and Ed,  Thank you all for being so helpful - I think
> I've solved it by downloading the Service Pack for 2003 updates.
> Everything seems to be working now - fingers crossed.  Do you happen
> to know how I can get updates offered automatically from MS like
> Windows does? Thank you all again for your support.
==================================
The following site will explain how to get Office updates.

Use Microsoft Update
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/updates/mu.mspx

--

       John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
12/12/2007 8:48:58 AM
We should have suggested the update... Our bad.
Glad to know you are up and running now. Thanks for letting us know your
success, it is appreciated.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Dear Mary, John and Ed,  Thank you all for being so helpful - I think I've
> solved it by downloading the Service Pack for 2003 updates. Everything seems
> to be working now - fingers crossed.  Do you happen to know how I can get
> updates offered automatically from MS like Windows does? Thank you all again
> for your support.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> The only advice I can offer is maybe a detect and repair.
>> Are you in Web creation mode? Have you changed anything in the Accessibility
>> folder in the control panel? High contrast perhaps?
>>
>> You can test your graphics filters to see if they are working correctly.
>> To test a graphics filter, do the following:
>>
>> Create a blank publication that you don't need to save.
>> On the Objects toolbar, click Picture Frame , and then click Picture from
>> File.
>> Drag the mouse diagonally until the picture frame is the size that you want.
>> In the Insert Picture dialog box, locate the folder C:\Program Files\Common
>> Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt.
>> Double-click the graphics image for the filter that you want to test, such as
>> Ms.tif.
>> If the test image is inserted correctly, there may be an issue with the
>> graphics
>> image that you are trying to insert.
>>
>> If the test image is not inserted correctly, there may be an issue with the
>> graphics filter for that image format.
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "gonetoseed" <gonetoseed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Dear Mary, It is the same with JPEG or BITMAP images.  I cannot insert
>> > because when I select that it opens the big my pictures page of folders and
>> > thumbnails and right clicking on one of them does not give insert as an
>> > option.  Something has gone wrong, its the same if I copy and paste
>> > something
>> > from my documents. It seems as though the small window with the list to
>> > select from is not available. Only a full window of folders and individual
>> > items opens - perhaps that's something to do with it though I am sure I
>> > could
>> > copy and paste before.  I could, I suppose, uninstall Office and reinstall
>> > (I
>> > presume I can't just do the Publisher bit as it came with the Small
>> > Business
>> > Edition 2003) If I do that, how can I save my contacts list from Outlook. I
>> > can't help thinking that I have made some sort of silly alteration to
>> > something in Publisher but what have I done that is the wuestion.  I am
>> > afraid I don't understand what eps is or what you mean by sliding tghe
>> > accceleration down. Self taught but now fairly proficient silver surfer
>> > here
>> > and with a newsletter to get out this week. Please help!

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Window 7 won't let me see images on external drive
After a disastrous 3 attempts at trying to upgraded 64-bit Vista to 64-bit Windows 7, I finally have a working system after a clean installation of Windows 7. In the interim between upgrade attempts, I used Vista for 3 weeks, installing and using programs. I have an external hard drive just full of things acquired or created with Windows XP programs. Windows 7 will not show thumbnails of some .jpg and .png files; won't show previews, won't let me open them in Paint Shop Pro. Says I don't have permission to access the files; security tab in properties says can't ...

Publisher and Image formats
I have created an illustration for a client. I have scanned it/prepped it in photoshop. My client will be importing it into a publisher document. He wants it to be without a background. Can Publisher use an EPS file which I can prepare without background? Or I could create a tiff with an embedded channel or clipping path. Does Publisher have runaround capabilities? How would you go about it? ...

Images and word objects/methods
I need to write a VBA script (Macro's can't do it) to send an image file to the back of text in a word document, lock the anchor and allow the text to overlap. Alternatively/also does anyone know where I can find an object method library as I may have a few more questions and couldn't find anything when I googled . All help appreciated. VBA is the language used for macros in Word With ActiveDocument.Shapes(1) .LockAnchor = True .WrapFormat.Type = wdWrapBehind End With See the Help file in the Visual Basic Editor and from the View menu in the Editor, sel...

Image in Footer not Displaying
Hello, I am using MSProject 2003 SP3. I've inserted an image in my footer but it's not displaying or printing in the print preview mode. Has anyone come across this before? Thanks! I can not duplicate it here. On the Header/Footer tabs, did you use the "insert picture" icon, or did you use some other process? Also, might the image be too large? If I try to insert a huge picture I get an error message that says my print area is too small. -- Jim Aksel, MVP Check my blog for more info: http://www.msprojectblog.com This newsgroup is moving, try h...

moving an image (not re-sizing)
Have just started using publisher & have problem with using images. More familiar with Quark & Adobe In Design. After creating picture box and importing an image what I want to do is MOVE the image itself WITHIN the picture box to place it where I want. Seemingly I cannot do this as the image is constrained with the picture box and by moving the image the picture box moves. Any ideas? Many thanks, Gary Gary C wrote: > Have just started using publisher & have problem with using images. More > familiar with Quark & Adobe In Design. After creating picture box and &g...

Zooming the images in runtime
I want to prepare a control which will zoom the image its currently showing.. how can i go ahead about this? do i need to use strechblt for the same? You can use StretchBlt, or you can change the mapping modes, or you can use a transformation matrix to do scaling. Perhaps the simplest one is to use mapping modes, because StretchBlt can often produce some really weird effects. SetWindowExt/SetViewportExt will work well. If you are unfamiliar with these, try downloading and playing with my "viewport explorer" found on my MVP Tips site. joe On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 21:00:01 -0700, Omk...

Sql Server images
Dear all, I would love to get helped here as I was trying to insert images in my sql server database from the local disk, but could do it as I was missing the exact function that should be used there to make that job done? Can anyone please help me in this regard? Thanks in advance > I would love to get helped here as I was trying to insert images in my sql > server database from the local disk, but could do it as I was missing the > exact function that should be used there to make that job done? One method is with OPENROWSET...BULK. For example: IN...

Image
Hello All Please Can Any One Tell Me How Can I Get The Path Of The Image From An ImageList Or How o Set A Image From An ImageList To Ab Image Object Thanks For All RABEA, This is the third time you have asked this question. You received answers 9.19.2007 and 9.20.2007. Is there a reason you keep asking the same question over and over again? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II "RABEA" <ShamiJewelerjo@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e2lt0TQ$HHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello All > &g...

image path
I have the following requirement for an assignment. Could u please help me in creating xml document for this. I have images stored in c drive. .. Create an xml document that models the image groups. Each grouping should include the name and location of the images within the group. • Create a web page that allows the user to select and display a group of images. • Use the xml file to specify the groups of images the user can select. • Allow the user to select a group of images. • Display the group of images when a selection is made. seema wrote: > I have the following requirement...

Missing images
For some time now on web pages, images are not being displayed and are replaced with an "x". This happened before and I fixed it quite easily. Now I forget what I did. In Internet Options I have enabled (ticked) "Show pictures" and disabled (unticked) "Show image download placeholders" Any other ideas please? -- bronan@talktalk.net B Ronan wrote: > For some time now on web pages, images are not being displayed and are > replaced with an "x". This happened before and I fixed it quite > easily. Now I forget what I did. In In...

blurred pictures
a friend of mine has Publisher 2002 and when he inserts a picture (any picture) it appears blurred. Go to print preview and it's fine. It also prints ok. I also have Publisher 2002 and can't work out how his pictures look blurred, any ideas please? TIA View, Pictures, Picture display, tick "Detailed display". If this doesn't do it, have your friend update his video driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mike" <odaat21@caravan32.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:ccofln$i78...

convert a bitmap image to an icon...
How do I convert a bitmap image to an icon using VC++6 MFC? The icon editor does not allow very much graphic detail and as a result I want to convert a bitmap image I created in Microsoft Paint to an icon. Thanks, RAB_Missouri I'm sure you can 'copy' the image in your bitmap software, then just 'paste' into the icon editor in VC++. Make sure you create a custom icon size before you paste. And don't forget that icons have limited colours. You might need to investigate reducing the colours to 256 in your bitmap editor before the copy-paste. "RAB_Missouri" ...

Image Orientation
How can I determine programmatically the orientation of an image -Portrait/landscape- on my hard drive? Thanks Here's a function you can use to loop through the properties of a file... it doesn't give *everything* but I think you can get the length and width of a jpg file. I'm not sure a picture actually has an "orientation" persay, but you can do a ratio comparision to the length and width to determine which it may be better suited for perhaps... '============================================================================== ' FileGe...

OWA No Images and Loading...
Server 2003 Standard SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2 both patched and updated. This has happened before, 4-5 times and I was always able to resolve the problem by resetting the highwater marks as outlined in previously posted KB Articles. I've deleted the directories, deleted the DS2MB key, restarted the service and nothing changes. I get no images, no email out of OWA in IE, in Firefox I can see the emails listed and sometimes interact with them. Tried HTTP and HTTPS, this isn't a frontend or backend server it's the only server. Spent the last two days going over KB Articles and ...

Outlook 2000 crashes while pasting image
I'm having the same problem on several different systems. Outlook 2000 (with all the latest patches) locks up whenever an image is pasted into a new document. I have tried repairing, reinstalling, uninstalling and deleting Office files/reinstalling without any success. Please Help! The problem is on Windows Xp systems. I sent you a personal response with an attached image, but for purposes of the group, when pasted into the document rather than attached to the document, it makes it a much larger file and takes a LONG time to send. I was almost ready to admit it couldn't be d...

Drag and drop images
I just bought an iBook and and the stundent version of office 2004. In word when i insert an image I can't drag and drop the image to where I want it. I drag the transparent version of the image and then it snaps back.......?I can drag and drop WORD Art anywhere I want but not images. I may be an idiot because this is my first mac and I'm traeting it like a PC or something. Also I don't have any previews of templates in the styles area under THEMES. Could some of these problems be that I installed the full version over the trail version. Its just frustrating. You just aren't...

Word blurs inserted images
Inserted images appear blurred (on screen and in an HTML "save as" form). I am trying to explicitly show pixellated images... but Word blurs everything... it seems to be "trying to help" by anti-aliasing, or something. I've searched for a setting to swtich off but can not find one. Thank you. ...

attaching and reducing image sizes...
Using Outlook 2002, if I have a larger .jpg image that I want to send to someone, I can do it oen of two ways. 1) I can right-click the image then select "Send To"->Email Recipient where I am then asked if I want to keep the image's original size or reduce the image.... then select the recipient and send and presto they will receive the reduced image size. 2) I can select "attach" from within a new email message and browse to where the image is and select it there... However, I do not have any reducing options as in teh previous option. Is there a way to red...

Nav Buttons, Graphics, Other Images Will Not Display
SOMEONE HELP ME...PLEASE! I am about to lose the mind. Many simple things will not appear in Web Preview. Must make everything on page a pic file, or it will not display. This problem only began after reinstalling Pub '07 after a computer crash. I'm can't figure it out. Help, please? And, thanks. Can you view them in the publication mode? Take a look at the fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs If that doesn't seem to be the problem, ask your question on the Web Design newsgroup. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx...

Coding to Display Images on a Form
I currently have a table that stores Image Paths of an item (not the images themselves) and use a Image control on a Form to display the image. Using some very helpful examples on image display, I used the following code to determine the location of the DB, the image paths, and how to display the images in the control. i.e., Option Compare Database Option Explicit Dim filename As String, pathname As String Dim db As DAO.Database Private Sub Form_Activate() 'find the path of the current database 'which is where the jpegs are stored Set db = CurrentDb filen...

Restoring disk image of Windows when exchange databases are on different disk
Ok, I need some help with this scenario: I frequently need to restore the complete disk image of my operating system (Windows 2003) which is the c: disk. In order to prevent having to perform a full restore of Exchange databases, I have moved these databases to another disk d:, by changing the path the official way in exchange system manager. After the transfer, all worked o.k. In this way, I hope to make it more easy to restore the operating system disk image without having to also restore the exchange databases. However, I tried restoring the OS image once, and after that couldnt mount the ...

blurred images
Recently when I scan or copy and paste something into Publisher the picture that appears is very blurred. It will show ok in Print Preview and prints ok but is impossible to work with. Have I accidentally altered something or what? please help View, Pictures, Enhanced Display or The fourth FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "gonetoseed" <gonetoseed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8231D3CF-7C99-487A-A28F-E7A8CF9B0945@microsoft.com...

IE7 changes image MIME type
Trying to upload a PNG or JPG image to a website fails. IE7 has changed the MIME types from image/jpeg to image/pjpeg and image/png to image/x-png, neither of which is accepted by the site. (a) Why does IE do this? (b) Can I stop it from doing this? I read at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms775147(VS.85).aspx When uploading files from the client to the Web server, Windows Internet Explorer uses FindMimeFromData to determine a MIME type. Where possible, FindMimeFromData returns hard-coded values from the list of Known MIME Types rather than relying on the MIME typ...

Scanning into Document Imaging
I scanned five pages from my HP D135 automatic document feeder and only one appeared in MS Document Imaging. The others had no visable text. I've read all the help text, what do I do? ...

image enlarges when uploaded to web
I created a header image for a website in publisher, the size of it is 7.85 in x 1.9 in, saved as jpeg file, also bmp file, when I upload the graphic into builderspot, the graphic enlarges to about 20 inches across by 5 in. deep. How can I keep the correct dimensions so when I upload this it wont increase in size? Help! Dawn Inches isn't the same as pixels. Your picture needs to be measured in pixels, probably about 750 pixels. In Publisher, Tools, Options, change the measurements to pixels. Re-work your banner. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer...