blank business cards from printer

I can print preview the cards I created but paper comes out blank.  printed
test page and other documents.  Printer goes thru the motions but no ink.
using publisher 2003.
0
Doug4515 (774)

Is the content of the card an image rather than a mix of images and text? If the
card content is a picture, be sure you have "Print full-resolution linked
graphics" enabled. (Advanced Print Settings in the print dialogue).

Are you using a template from the built-in templates that are part of the
Publisher program? Special Paper Business cards will not print the built-in
images. These cards have to be purchased from www.paperdirect.com

Have you checked to see if there is an updated printer driver on the
manufacturer's web site? Do a printer maintenance cycle.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can print preview the cards I created but paper comes out blank.  printed
> test page and other documents.  Printer goes thru the motions but no ink.
> using publisher 2003.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Printer Font substitution (scale fonts)
Hello, I am currently working in a render pluging that will replace a specific true type font for a device (printer) resident font. I have created my printer fonts (ufm files), compile them into a resource dll file and prepared the gpd file accordingly. My implementations of IPrintOemUni2::OutputCharStr and IPrintOemUni2::SendFontCmd are called correctly. But I am unable to handle scale fonts. For instance, I want an original Arial 20 text to printed in a larger resident font than a text using Arial 8, but when I activate the font substitution IPrintOemUni2::SendFontCmd does no...

Delete blank rows Macro
Using MS Excel 2000. Help creating a macro please. I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to delete the entire row. Thanks in advance. -- Richard "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD28F95E-58CF-4961-A3AD-E37FC68AE0F4@microsoft.com... > Using MS Excel 2000. > Help creating a macro please. > > I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to > delete the entire row. > > Thanks in advance. > -- > Richard Something like Sub DeleteRowsIfBlank() Dim lrow as Long...

Report = Blank?
Hello, I have a report that I got from this forum, and when I use it, everything is fine. The problem I am currently having though is if say I try and generate the report using RegisterID & Date then I get a blank report...if I try one or the other, then I am fine...I pretty much tried every angle with RegisterID and with Date, and nothing...any advise would be great, as I have seen this happen with other reports as well, where the final outcome is a blank report. Thank You, Vince "When I run into problems, we more often than not fix them ourselves. Can't put a price on ...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

Business Portal 2.5 Return opening a local copy of Great Plains
When upgrading to Business Portal 2.5 from 2.0 I was told by MBS tech support that due to security reasons, the feature to open a local copy of Great Plains was removed and I must connect using a terminal server. Please PUT THIS FEATURE BACK IN !!! This was a great feature and losing it will create more work from me. Here are some other reasons; 1) it is slower. 2) I have to log in 2 more times, first for WTS, second for Great Plains. 3) In order to log into Great Plains using WTS, I must first log out of my local running copy of Great Plains. 4) It is a security risk to open up WTS ...

Deleting Blank Characters in a Cell
I have a list of names with email addresses of attendees of a seminar series that I am trying to compile into a list that can be copied and pasted into an email (using BCC as the methodology for emailing). The challenge that I have is that when these files were exported from the database to excel (not sure how), all of the cells contain exactly 100 characters even though the email address may only contain 13-20 characters. Is there a way to "trim" the blank characters after the last character that is used by a letter instead of blank character field? Thanks in advance! PZan --...

Blank .msg attachments
Here's an odd one, When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc, ..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used. Any ideas anyone? -- The man with no shoes. MCSE (W2K3, W2K), MCSA (W2K3, W2K), MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others.... All replies to group pleas...

money 2004 small business invoices
Hi i was wondering if there is any possible way to add past due amounts onto invoice. I would like to send my customers the past due amounts along with teh current invoice that way the have a good idea of the running total that they owe my business. Please comment or email me with any suggestions you have. Thanks -Amit It sounds as what you really want is a statement. You'll have to play around with 2004 and see if it will allow you to customize the time period for a statement. Prior versions did not. DAE "amit" <amit@datwani.com> wrote in message news:00e201c39...

conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that row is non-blank (or blank)? Thank you! Hi, Yes, first select your row then in your conditional formatting select "formula is" from the drop down menu and type: =ISBLANK($A1)=FALSE or =ISBLANK($A1)=TRUE depending on weather you want the condition to apply when your cell is blank or non blank. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Counting With Blank Rows
Hi, If I have a column of numbers like this: 4 5 6 3 7 8 9 3 2 7 4 1 4 How do I count the number of items between the blanks so it will look like I have it in the example. The number to the right and bottom is the count. So, for the numbers 4,5 6 the count is three. For 7,8 9 the count is three and for the numbers 2,7,4,1 the count is four. Is there a way to do this withoug using a macro? Thanks. Hi, You need to use the "count" function. If the rows in your example are 1-12 and the column is A, for the first group you'd type in (in column B) "=count(a1:a...

Charting blanks as spaces
I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the options...this is a little different. The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell. example: =if(D3="","",D5-D3) So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap. I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell, which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data labels>values in chart options it displays "#...

Money 2006 Small Business and SQL Server
Greetings, all! I would like to integrate Money 2006 Small Business with SQL Server, but I'm not looking for anything extensive... Does anyone know whether I can: 1. Use a SQL Server contacts database to provide Money with contact information (rather than entering it again into Money)? 2. Output financial data from Money to SQL Server. This is not a high priority need. If it cannot be done directly, I know I can use Excel as a midpoint. My main interest is in being able to use my SQL Server based DB for all my contact information in every application that uses contact data, ...

include busy/free time from "other" (i.e. ics) calendars
Please see the following thread. Is this possible? Could it be added as a future enhancement request? https://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring&mid=d5f088c7-77a7-48c5-8a9b-a1955f90aacc&sloc=en-us ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Blank, yet not blank
Hi, I copied some info from a database and pasted it to Excel where I wanted to manipulate the data. I notice that some of the cells, though appearing to be blank (and not showing 0 either), still responded to a simple formula like IF(OR(A1="",A1=0),1,0) giving the answer as 1. Can anyone tell me what's happening here, as it does mean I need to unneccessarily extend the formulas to exclude these cells. Rob "Rob" wrote: > Hi, > > I copied some info from a database and pasted it to Excel where I wanted to > manipulate the data. I notice that so...

BLANK FORM / QUERY
My database is pretty basic with tables, forms, queries etc. I'd like to display a form that allows me to type in a figure in the first field and the rest of the fields will populate automatically. I'm not sure how to create a query where the field awaits input. Thanks in advance. -- TomMurray In the query's criteria box, use square brackets: [Enter a value] or from a form: [Forms]![FormName]![txBoxName] in the first case, you will be prompted. In the second, you will only be prompted if the form isn't open. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http:/...

Blank Records in Catalog Merge
I am printing a directory with the following information: Name Child's Name Phone Number Address The records that do not have an entry under "Child's Name" are coming out like this: Name Phone Number Address (...with a blank space where the "Child's Name" field would be.) Even worse (and more confusing when reading the final document) is when the record has neither a "Child's Name" entry nor a "Phone Number" entry, and you get this: Name Address Basically, I want it to ignore the line if there is no data in the field. Accord...

C.Card acct with different interest rates for purchases & transfer
I am using Money 2006 Premium. My credit card has one interest rate for new purchase, a lower interest rate on balance transfers and a third (higher) interest rate for cash advances. I like to use the the DRP so how can I set up the account to apply these different interest rates. I also download Money compatible statements from the bank. I thought about trying to setup more than one account to represent each interest rate, but would that work if all 2 (or 3) account have the same account number when I download a statement? Any ideas would be a appreciated. "Scuba Geek" <mb...

Blank Document no longer blank
Every time Word opens, words and a picture (that were used at one time) appear as the blank document. I cannot find any place/button/option that will remove the words or picture from the default new document HELP please! See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/blankdocnotblank.htm for tips on how to remove content from the Normal.dot(x) Hope this helps DeanH "AnaMarie" wrote: > Every time Word opens, words and a picture (that were used at one time) > appear as the blank document. I cannot find any place/button/option that will > remove the words or p...

Page shows up in print preview, but prints blank...
I'm trying to print a booklet with graphics on both the front and back covers. The back cover graphics and text appear fine in print preview, but when I send it to the printer, it prints blank. The front cover is fine. Help! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us Have you checked the manufacturer's web page for your model printer? There maybe an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://offi...

Blank Email
I have a customer with nagging and intermittent Exchange issue. Every so often when they send an email, the body of the email is blank, though there was text when they hit send. The Sent Items folder also shows the email with a blank body. There are no errors on the Exchange Server. It is happening on both the Terminal Server and on a PC, so it looks like it's Exchange Specific. Has anyone seen this? There in nothing on MS, and Google groups asks the question with no answer. Help! -Hal ...

Business Alerts
We want to setup some Business Alerts. We are using GP Version 7.5 on SQL 2000. However, the "Business Alert Wizard" is not an available option under Setup>>System>> Any ideas? Mike Pretty sure you have to log in as SA to use that feature. Did you try that already? R "MikeW" wrote: > We want to setup some Business Alerts. We are using GP > Version 7.5 on SQL 2000. However, the "Business Alert > Wizard" is not an available option under Setup>>System>> > > Any ideas? > > Mike > ...

I just loaded Office 2000 on Vista Business. I need help.
When trying to open a DB file I keep getting an error that "The SendKeys action needs the (My Database) utility be loaded." This DB worked fine on XP. I loaded Office 2000 from the Original CD and got all the updated from MS. Then I even copied the whole Office 2000 from my old computer to this new one and it still won't work.HelpLarry 1. Go to: Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settingsadd add your folder to the trusted locations.2. Open a code window, and choose References on the Tools menu.Are any of the checked referecnes marked as MISSING?If ...

Copy named range, but skip blanks
My goal here is to copy "NewRecord" and paste values only in the first blank cell in column A on the Payment History sheet, while skipping blanks rows. "NewRecord" has 22 rows with formulas in columns A, B & C. Sometimes all 22 rows will have data entered, sometimes only the 1st row. The marco works, but does not skip the blank rows in NewRecord - is it because there are formulas present? How do I fix this? Also, how do I assure my macro is pasting on the first blank row of column A? Application.Goto Reference:="NewRecord" Se...

SEND A STRING TO THE PRINTER
I have a string variable that is presently being sent to a MessageBox. I want to add a command button to the Form so I can send the string variable directly to the printer. Is there a simple way to do this. Thanks The only simple way is to create a report and run it. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "RICHARD BROMBERG" wrote: > I have a string variable that is presently being sent to a MessageBox. > > I want to add a command button to the Form so I can send the string variable > directly to the printer. > > Is there a simple way to do this. > &g...

Blank.potm with vba
I have a template ‘blank.potm’ with a macro ‘btnActionPPt’. With the custom UI Editor I have made a new tab ‘Name’ with a button with a onaction=’btnActionPPT’(XML). If I open the blank.potm, it works perfect. The vba-macro open a new powerpoint-template. However, if I start powerpoint, the tab ‘Name’ is active, but the button give a error that te macro do not found. In te vba-editor there the macro is active. In Word it works correct. Who can help me? Dick In article <AC1773F4-380F-4393-BA76-4EBC7559F06D@microsoft.com>, Dick wrote: > I have a template �blank.po...