Best way to add tables?

It seems difficult to draw precise tables in Pub 2002. Word offers more
flexibility, but when I use Paste or Paste Special  into Pub all formatting
is lost, and it's time consuming to reformat everything. Is there a best way
to do this?

Doug

0
doug3147 (4)

Have you tried the "Import Word Document" from file?
Once the document is in Publisher, select the table, copy, paste special, new
table. Delete the Word document. You shouldn't lose formatting.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Doug" <doug@localnet.com> wrote in message
> It seems difficult to draw precise tables in Pub 2002. Word offers more
> flexibility, but when I use Paste or Paste Special  into Pub all formatting is
> lost, and it's time consuming to reformat everything. Is there a best way to
> do this?
>
> Doug

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/17/2006 8:03:29 PM
Mary, maybe it's me, but I followed your instructions and all formatting is
still lost.

Doug

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried the "Import Word Document" from file?
> Once the document is in Publisher, select the table, copy, paste special,
> new table. Delete the Word document. You shouldn't lose formatting.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Doug" <doug@localnet.com> wrote in message
>> It seems difficult to draw precise tables in Pub 2002. Word offers more
>> flexibility, but when I use Paste or Paste Special  into Pub all
>> formatting is lost, and it's time consuming to reformat everything. Is
>> there a best way to do this?
>>
>> Doug

0
doug3147 (4)
6/18/2006 12:11:05 PM
I am not seeing this. The only formatting I lose is the width by .075 inch, I
think that is because the import includes the Word page.  What formatting are
you losing?  On the arrange menu in Publisher, layout guides, change the Grid
Guides to how many rows and columns you plan to use for your table. This will
give you a more precise setting.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary, maybe it's me, but I followed your instructions and all formatting is
> still lost.
>
> Doug
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Have you tried the "Import Word Document" from file?
>> Once the document is in Publisher, select the table, copy, paste special, new
>> table. Delete the Word document. You shouldn't lose formatting.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Doug" <doug@localnet.com> wrote in message
>>> It seems difficult to draw precise tables in Pub 2002. Word offers more
>>> flexibility, but when I use Paste or Paste Special  into Pub all formatting
>>> is lost, and it's time consuming to reformat everything. Is there a best way
>>> to do this?
>>>
>>> Doug

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/18/2006 1:19:46 PM
This is almost too wierd to describe. Table width increases by about 12",
column widths change, row heights change, fonts change, etc. I can make it
work eventually, but it's very time consuming. I'm thinking Publisher is
just not a table-friendly app.

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "Doug" <doug@localnet.com> wrote in message

0
doug3147 (4)
6/18/2006 8:10:41 PM
Doug, Do you have all the service packs for Office?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx?displaylang=en

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> This is almost too wierd to describe. Table width increases by about 12",
> column widths change, row heights change, fonts change, etc. I can make it
> work eventually, but it's very time consuming. I'm thinking Publisher is just
> not a table-friendly app.
>

> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I am not seeing this. The only formatting I lose is the width by .075 inch, I
>>think that is because the import includes the Word page.  What formatting are
>>you losing?  On the arrange menu in Publisher, layout guides, change the Grid
>>Guides to how many rows and columns you plan to use for your table. This will
>>give you a more precise setting.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Doug" <doug@localnet.com> wrote in message
>>> Mary, maybe it's me, but I followed your instructions and all formatting is
>>> still lost.
>>>
>>> Doug
>>>
>>> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message

0
mary-sauer (6480)
6/18/2006 11:00:49 PM
I just checked, and yes I do.

>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "Doug" <doug@localnet.com> wrote in message

0
doug3147 (4)

is there a way to zoom the Excel view to the current highlighted cells..with a single click
Never mind I found it zoom to selection I wonder f theres a way to hotkey (shortcut) this? Jery ...

There must be a way.........
There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody help? <five256@NOwhere.com> wrote in message news:hb12r5tjthdtl87hlpgrcapq9b0hd87c4e@4ax.com... > There must be a way to be sure all Vista and W7 system files are signed > (not corrupted). I've researched and have not found a way. Can anybody > help? Yes, there is. It's called the System File Check tool. Read about system file protection here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/222193 On Mon, 29 Mar 2...

Best text books / manuals for MS Office (intermediate-Advanced use
What are the best (most highly reccomended) text books / instruction manuals you can get for Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Word and also VBE? I consider myself to be Quite proficient in Excel......Can produce a decent document in Publisher.......Can "Get by" in Word....Not enough knowledge of Access......Only used PowerPoint once....... I started using BASIC (the programming language) back in the '80s, so I have some knowledge of VBE (Formulas & syntax are quite simular from what I see now). I have created several Excel projects with Macros bu...

is there a way to hide a whole worksheet in excel?
I would basically like to place all formulae on one worksheet and hide from anyone tempted to amend. most folks know how to unhide cells etc. Even if someone knows a sneakier way of making viewing of formula unviewable Good evening Marion McFarlane To hide a worksheet go to Format > Sheet > Hide. This can be unhidden through the same menu (but use unhide instead). To hide cells from view press ctrl + 1 and change the number format to Custom and ;;; (three semicolons). The formulae will still show in the status bar, so to hide from there, press ctrl + 1 and in the Protection ta...

The best photographer
He is the best famous photographer.. http://club.cyworld.com/dcnomad ...

Where is the best place to put notes?
We are new to MSCRM and are not used to all of the possible places that you can enter notes. Has anyone created a structure for their company as to what notes should be entered where? Wendy, There are many ways to handle notes. You have accurately identified that notes are kind of disjointed. What you might consider doing is creating a central notes depository in Sharepoint and then adding a customization with an inline frame that shows the Sharepoint notes repository in several different parts of CRM. In general, you have not provided enough information on what you are trying to ac...

Formula help in Excel which is the correct way ?
Tax is 23 % which is h-9 Total Cost is 75,000 which is b-9 I want to create a formula in B-11 that is 23% of total cost. So I did =H9*B$11 but apparently this isn't correct so what is the correct formula ?. need an absolute reference to H-7. So if you can give me the correct formula I would appreciate i -- SSVegett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SSVegetto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47775 =$H$9*B9 Don't know wher...

Making the "add item" option available to VBA
I'd like to add VBA code to the Project PO Window that automatically checks the "add item" option from the toolbar when the window is opened. Anyone know how to get that menu option available to VBA? thanks! Martha That really isn't possible (directly) with VBA because VBA cannot see menus. About the only thing you can do is record a macro that checks this option. Then run the macro from VBA. that isn't directly available from vba either but there is a TK that tells you how to work around it. "Martha" <Martha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

what is the best way to resize test that "best fits" the text box
I just want to know how to resize text to fit the text box. Select the text and reduce the font size until it suits your requirements. There is no automatic function for this. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "utahjohn" <utahjohn@discussions.microsof...

Best way to forecast individual sales territories?
I have a spreadsheet with twelve months of sales data per territory (100 territories.) I need to forecast the next three months. The product being sold is just moving from launch phase to high growth phase, so it's still growing pretty quickly. What is the best method to forecast each individual territories' sales over the next three months? ...

Is there a "preferred" way to update properties based on other properties?
Let's say I have a class that represents a rectangle: class Rectangle { private int width; private int height; private int area; public int Width { get { return width; } set { width = value; } } public int Height { get { return height; } set { height= value; } } public int Area { get { return area; } } } Obviously, area does not represent anything based on that. How to best keep area in sync is the purpose of this question. One way would be to simply get rid of the variable area, and make the ...

Pivot Table Avg only >0.000???
Excel 2000 ... Pivot Table ... My Pivot Table AVGs are being skewed down by an occassional "0.000" value appearing in the Col. Above said ... Is there a way to set the Pivot Table Field to only AVG those values >0.000??? Thanks ... Kha Ken, You can make a helper column with =IF(B2>0,B2,"") You can use the same heading as the original, so it will be the heading you want in the pivot table, and you can hide the column too. It may default to COUNT for the function, which you can change to average. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net --...

OWA/OMA Protection
<No response from other forum> Hello, I have a Exchange 2003/OWA frontend that is protected with RSA two factor authentication inside a Checkpoint Firewall. The RSA part works fine and everything is good. Now I buy a Motorola Droid and need to set up the Exchange Sync and the RSA poses a problem. If I remove the RSA protection the Droid connects to the OWA and syncs well. Calls to RSA says it will not work with a Droid so I'd have to get rid of the RSA authentication. The question is: it looks like if I want to use a Android 2.0 based Droid phone to sync with outlook...

using multiple fields from a table
I am trying to use one table with multiple fields in a notinlist pop up. The name of the table is equipment. It has 2 fields in it, equipment and toners. No matter what I try, I get an error message saying the item is not on the list. If I change the statement strSQL = "INSERT INTO equipment([equipment]) " & _ "VALUES ('" & NewData & "');" to strSQL = "INSERT INTO equipment([toners]) " & _ "VALUES ('" & NewData & "');" I get the message, Th...

Add hyphens to a number
In one column, each cell has a 16 digit number. I need to put hyphens between 4 different numbers in each cell. Each cell/number will have the hyphen in the same place. I was successful doing this once I believe through Format\Cells\Number\Custom but I did not write down the steps how to do it. Any clues? Thanks texasphil -- texasphil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ texasphil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32615 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=541305 You didn&#...

GL figures
what really is the best practice method for brining in monthly GL figures so users can get comparative statements this year/lastyr. do you bring in all the old detail journals? or do you load via a maintenance or IM the historical balance for each month in some file. -- Linda W. Linda, You mean when you are starting up a new company? If so, unless someone needs the detail imported into GP for other reasons, I bring in a beginning balance and monthly net changes only. For example, let's say you're starting to use GP with January 2009, your fiscal year ends in December and y...

Add ins and user defined functions
I have an ErlandC Add in I am using on my system. I have a workbook that uses the user defined functions in the worksheet. When I send the file via e-mail to anyone else to use, once they save the file - they get a #NAME? error anywhere the user defined functions have been used. These people also have add ins loaded on their PCs. If I go into each formula and redo the formula on their PCs, it will work. How can I make this work without redoing each formula each time? Thanks Vicki My guess is that excel is remembering the location of your addin and looks for it on the other pc an...

Need to automaticly add zeros to the beginning of all my numbers.
hi, Chris wrote: <nothing> 0 + 1 = 1 So what do you like do do? Maybe it is sufficent for you to set an approbriate Format string in the property editor for your control, e.g. 0000. Otherwise you may consider using = "0" + CStr(yourNumber) as ControlSource. mfG --> stefan <-- "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4182D1A1-95B3-46E1-BCD2-A194BE5129DB@microsoft.com... > Include zeros in the format property of the field. For example: to have 123 changed to 00123, place 00000 in the format property. Julie ...

how to add a new Journal Entry Type?
I am using outlook 2003. I hope to create my own Entry Type. Is it possible to add new custom Journal Entry Type? If so, how? Thanks Yes, and you can find instructions here: http://www.inquiry.com/techtips/exo_pro/10min/10min0999.asp -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:ad5001c3ebfd$b0b45f50$a601280a@phx.gbl, chitrader wrote: > I am using outlook 2003. I hope to create my own Entry > Type. Is it possible to add new custom Journal Entry Type...

best tutorials for graphs ( line of best fit) for excel
What are the best tutorials for using excel for stastical analysis graphs and other graphs such as Line of best fit? Niccole: Here's a link to my chart gallery of Excel statistical charts. http://processtrends.com/TOC_chart_gallery.htm Here's a link to my page on trend analysis with Excel. This page shows several regression techniques that you can use with Excel. http://processtrends.com/toc_trend_analysis_with_Excel.htm Post back if you have more specific questions. Kelly O'Day koday at processtrends dot com "Niccole D" <Niccole D@discussions.microsoft....

Is there an easy way to swap the contents of two cells in Excel?
I think the subject says it all... =?Utf-8?B?Ti5CLiBZb25k?= <N.B. Yond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:4C32CCD5-DA6F-43A8-9502-B2348D183371@microsoft.com: > I think the subject says it all... > You could add a button to the sheet with following code behind it: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() cel1 = InputBox("First cell?") cel2 = InputBox("Second cell?") c1 = Range(cel1).Value c2 = Range(cel2).Value Range(cel1).Value = c2 Range(cel2).Value = c1 End Sub You will be asked for the 2 cell addresses and the contents will be ...

Restricting Inventory Item Adds
I would like to restrict access to the ADD item under the Options drop down in Sales Transaction Entry window to just a select few. What is the best way to accomplish this? I thought I read some place that there existed a chunk file that could be installed per computer that would restrict inventory items from being added. Is anyone familiar with that? You should be able to accomplish that using field level security. If so, then you can restrict it by user rather than by computer. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com How about simply restricting acc...

division of variable integer into best fit integer parts
Hello I have a variable integer which must be split into 8 integers based on fixed percentages (33%, 18%, 15%, 13%, 11%, 4%, 3%, 3%). These 8 integers must add up to the original number (ie I cannot just multiply integer by % and then use the roundup/rounddown functions as they could add up to more/less than the original number). Is there a function in excel which would work out a best fit solution? Thanks No, there is not a function to do this automatically. Follow the program that you described, but calculate one of the integers by subtraction to make the sum come out right. Jerry ...

Date Selection for Pivot Table
I build some pivot tables for our laboratuary. They contains daily analysis results. I want a solution to: 1-) User can enter week number and then daily analysis for that week appears day by day on a pivot table. Example: Input: 49 Output:29/11/2004---> 05/12/2004 on pivot table and regarding data 2-) User can enter month and than daily analysis for that month appears day by day on a pivot table. Example: Input 11 Output:01/11/2004--->30/11/2004 on pivot table and regarding data Thanks a lot ...

AccessLinks Add-In for Excel
I downloaded the add-in as instructed. When I choose the "Data" dropdown menu, I should see "Convert to MS Access", "MS Access Form", and "MS Access Report"; however, they are not showing up. Under the Tools menu--Add-Ins, the box for "Microsoft AccessLinks Add-In" is checked. Can someone help me "find" these add-ins???????? Thanks. ********************* o/s: MS Office XP, Version 2002 MS Windows 2000 stumped Not much help from this end...I see the three menu items when I load the Access Links add-in. Under Tools>Custom...