Barcode Addition

I have acquired a Truetype barcode font.  Is there a way to create and
include address barcodes in or out of Publisher?

Maurice (43)

Maurice <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> I have acquired a Truetype barcode font.  Is there a way to create and
> include address barcodes in or out of Publisher?

An article:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP011269721033.aspx

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
2/15/2005 9:05:52 AM
I would suggest that you read up on barcodes as there is way more to it than
having a barcode font..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have acquired a Truetype barcode font.  Is there a way to create and
> include address barcodes in or out of Publisher?

Dimensions and the start and end of the barcode.

In PostNetTt font the barcode needs to start with a ! (prints a |) and end
with a !.
Also no dash is used.  Once the PostNetTt font is selected, type the ! plus
the numbers ending with another !.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

> I would suggest that you read up on barcodes as there is way more to it
than
> having a barcode font..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have acquired a Truetype barcode font.  Is there a way to create and
> > include address barcodes in or out of Publisher?
> > --

Barcode Printing
We are using a Cognitive Advantage barcode label printer. We are using 1" x 1" labels, two up. My reseller gave us the following code to use for the labels, but the UPC prints fairly small and is sometimes difficult to scan, any suggestions as to how to make the barcode wider or more readable? Also, when we print the labels it only prints on one of the two up - we end up with 50% waste. Any way to get it to use both of the two ups? We use two up 1" x 1" because we need small labels for small items. Thanks in advance. Here's the code we've been using......

Barcode
Hello I am looking for a program that can count the bar code by handheld systems. I want to give discount for our costumer by paying ex. 100$ I give them card with barcode and that will be used for 10 times. So every time they will visit our restaurant and have a meal, then they have to show the barcode card to be read on computer to register the time and make -1 count from the total times he / she had paid. Any hekp please? search on this site, particularly in forms and form code on the key word barcode and you will see alot of good advice. the scanner essentially plays the role of k...

SKU and Barcodes
Hello - we are setting up the database for the first time. Many of our products can have multiple suppliers and therefore have multiple barcodes (even within suppliers). What is the best way for us to do this? In our current software, we have a single entry based on a SKU that has multiple suppliers based on their individual barcodes. Help is appreciated Do the same thing "santa''''s helper" <santashelper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3676311-46BF-4FDE-BCA9-710C8CE6F429@microsoft.com... > Hello - > we are setting up the databas...

barcode
I want to put a barcode into an address in a letter, can it be done on a mail merge with microsoft word 2004? If so How? It "can" be done, but it's pointless to do so... The Postal Bar Codes in Word are invalid & no longer of any value. USPS changed their specs too frequently for MS to keep up so they just stopped trying:-) Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 10/10/07 11:21 AM, in article 1192029684.997361.67660@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com, "dunnecln@mac.com" <dunnecln@mac.com> wrote: I want to put a barcode into an address in a letter, can ...

Dealing with a barcode scanner
I'm writing a small dialog app that, along with taking keyboard input the "regular" way, also takes input from a USB barcode scanner. The issue is, the barcode data appears as typed-in text (followed by a RETURN) in whatever app has the current focus. The scanner appears as a "HID Keyboard Device" in the Windows Keyboard section. The problem this presents in my app is that the user could be in any one of my text-entry controls when he decides to scan in an object, thus dumping the scanned text into any old text-entry control that happens to have the focus at the mome...

BARCODE ON TRANSFERS #2
HOW CAN I EDIT A TRANSFER OUT/IN TO SHOW EVERY SKU CODE OF THE ITEMS TRANSFERRED. ALSO INSTEAD OF SHOWING COST TO SHOW MY RETAIL PRICE AND A EXTENDED RETAIL PRICE (=QTY TRANSF X PRICE) ORDERED - TO DATE - ISSUED - LOOKUPCODE - BARCODE - DESCRIPTION - PRICE - EXTENDED PRICE THESE ARE THE COLUMNS I WANT A TRANSFER TO SHOW AND PRINT ANY HELP THX DAVI ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,...

Simply Barcoding
We have a client who had been using product IDs as a 12 character (all numerics) number and Selecting UPCA in the bar code selection. After they have entered 1000s of products they have tried to print barcoded labels. However the Symbol 2208 when it scans these labels, is not successfully able to determine the 12th digit. Which is understandable as the UPCA code should have a calculated check sum 12th digit. The question is now what bar code type should be used so that the existing product ID are faithfully reproduced on the labels and by the scanner, even if the 12th digit is non UPCA c...

Barcodes
Does someone know how to work with bar codes? Is this possible with VC++ 6? If possible - how do you do it? Define "work with." "Joachim" <joape382@student.liu.se> wrote in message news:09b501c346cb$75eae6a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does someone know how to work with bar codes? Is this > possible with VC++ 6? If possible - how do you do it? > ...

Cannot create additional address book
I installed Outlook 2003 on Windows XP, and was trying to make my contact list created in a pst file show up in the Address book. In order to do so, I have tried to create Additional Address books through the Tools -> Email accounts screen. However when I select 'Outlook Address book' as the type and click on 'Next' I get the following message "The account you have added is not fully configured. It might not work properly until re-configured correctly." I have reinstalled Outlook 2003 and it doesnt help. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Vandana Deep <van...

Barcoding software
I have told to start researching for 3rd party products that will print a barcode for items when they are received in to put the lot number on the pallet and that will automatically create a barcode and print when the packing slip prints on shipment. Has anyone had nay experience with a product that will do that? Any leads in the right direction would be most appreciated. Robert Fann Omni Packaging Robert, Are you looking to print Barcode on the Packing Slip or print a seperate Barcode label when Packing Slip is printed? "Robert Fann" wrote: > I have told to start res...

Setting up Barcode Scanner
Can anyone help me setup a POS-x barcode scanner ix2000...Thanx I have a POSX Xi1000 that connects via the keyboard wedge. I had to do the following to get it to work: - power up PC with keyboard only connected, not the scanner. - after Windows is up, disconnect the keyboard and plug in the scanner only - open notepad - scan the 'Set All Defaults' barcode in the POSX programming Manual - scan 'Enter Group' in Group 17 - General Parameters - scan 'Disable' under 'Power up Beeping' - scan 'Exit' - hook up keyboard - verify you can type somethng in notep...

Barcode Font
I was trying to convert text to a bar code and my friend said at his company they use "code 39eight text" type font. I cannot find it anywhere. He sent me an example of the Excel spreadsheet he uses, and sure enough, the font is "code 39eight text". Please let me know where I can find it. Thank you, HTH: http://www.barcodesinc.com/free-barcode-font/ http://www.officebarcode.com/word-barcoding.html http://www.idautomation.com/sitemap/excel.html Micky "ryuhasz421" wrote: > I was trying to convert text to a bar code and my friend said at his...

Addition problem, number always 2 cents off...Help
I have a little problem with my SUMs I have 200 to 300 rows of A * B = C Then I tell it to do a =sum(d1:d300) All the cells are formated to currency, two decimal places. when I add up the numbers with an adding machine I'm always 2 - 22 cents off. (2 cents on this sheet, 22 cents on another sheet....) Can anyone help Thank you WTG The issue is very likely to be rounding - that the product of each multiplication has fractional cents that Excel considers in the SUM() function, even though you don't see them fractional cents on screen You can either modify your multiplication f...

Barcodes
Can someone give me a crash course on the various types of barcodes? I understand that the items lookup code derive the end barcode, but what are the basics behind the different styles?...are they just industry standards and formats that various scanners can read? Oh Lord D.. Please do a google search on barcodes. "D" wrote: > Can someone give me a crash course on the various types of barcodes? I > understand that the items lookup code derive the end barcode, but what are > the basics behind the different styles?...are they just industry standards > and forma...

Addition in a Form
I'm trying to add the numbers from two different text boxes together in a third text box. Pretty straightforward, right? Well, instead of getting the sum of the two numbers, Access is putting the number from the first text box next to the number from the second text box like so: 13 + 2 = 132 The funny thing is that if I subtract the numbers, the formula works just fine. 13 - 2 = 11 Can someone please explain what's going on? Thanks. The fields are not numeric, but are being treated as text. And the plus sign can mean add or concatenate, so it is concatenating the values. The m...

Additional Statitistcal Information on Invoices
I need some recommendations on what I should use to show some additional statistical, non billable information on SOP Invoices. I was thinking of using AA but notes here seems to state that I can not print via Report Writer. I really don't want to use just the invoice note capability as I really want the ability to track the information Any other ideas? Joanne Mahoney You do have the user defined fields. If that's not enough, I would use Extender. It's very easy to create your own windows and you can print Extender data on the invoices. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Joanne&...

Global addition
I keep two cash flows on two worksheets. One shows the monthly figures as discrete months, and the other shows the cumulative figures. So each month I have to complete the month's figures in the discrete one and then manually add the figures to the totals in the cumulative one to arrive at year-to-date figures. I would like to copy and paste the year-to-date column in the cumulative one to that of the next month and then copy the discrete month's figures and 'dump' them on top of the cumulative total to get the new cumulative total. But I can't think how to do it in...

Barcodes
Is there a way to print out barcodes through MS Publisher - any version? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Patrick Maxon <pat.maxon@bcbsks.com>... > Is there a way to print out barcodes through MS Publisher - any > version? Yes Refer to your other post. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Thanks Ed. "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:OrhpEiGfDHA.892@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >...

print Barcode 128 (UCC128 or EAN128)
I'm trying to print this BarCode128 (UCC128 or EAN128) from my Access program, but it seems like (from my research with google) i need to use some exteral program to corretly print this barcode. I thought that all that would be needed was the "correct" barcode font. Does anyone have any experience? suggestion? or methods to print this type of barcode on a label. Thanks for answering. On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:26:06 -1100, "fiaola" <fiaola@mail.com> wrote: Just the font. Try it. Unless you're a manufacturer of barcode software. -Tom. >I'm try...

Additional State Tax
How can you take an additional state tax withholding percentage out of an employee's check? I only see additional state tax in dollar amounts not in a percentage? Please help! Perhaps as another deduction. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Jocelyn" wrote: > How can you take an additional state tax withholding percentage out of an > employee's check? I only see additional state tax in dollar amounts not in a &g...

Barcode
Is there anyway to add a barcode to the address block in Publisher? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Gary <gwix@coldwellbankermove.com>... > Is there anyway to add a barcode to the address block in > Publisher? See here: http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Autobudget ignores additional spending with recurring bill?
Hello, working on advanced budget in Money Plus, it looks like if category X has recurring monthly bill and also some other spending, then in the autobudget Money only takes into account the recurring bill. Clicking "Autobudget" then indeed shows for the category only "Recurring bill". Is this expected? thanks, Vadim Rapp Expected? Well, the user may not expect it... Auto budget isn't the smartest tool in the shed. Little surprises me. "Vadim Rapp" <vr@nospam.myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ebRPS%23yxJHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >...

Addition of rows in Excel sheet
Is this possible to add more than 65536 rows in Excel sheet? No "Neeraja" <Neeraja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D996527-2454-4683-A89C-1C1B8BDD9435@microsoft.com... > Is this possible to add more than 65536 rows in Excel sheet? No, not possible -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Neeraja" <Neeraja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D996527-2454-4683-A89C-1C1B8BDD9435@microsoft.com... > Is this possible to add more than 65536 rows in Excel sheet? No. Use a new worksheet or use Access. -- K...

Barcodes on receipt
How are the barcodes on the receipt used. Can they be used to recall a layaway for payment or for a return. I have tried to scan the receipts but they don't seem to work. Thank Melissa hi melcort, yes you can use to print the barcode. you must modify the template if it not come by default. go to so manager> Database> Registers> Receipt Format and then click on the reciept you are using then make sure the show barcode is true. go through the properties you will find it. Secondly you can use this barcode for any recall function. The barcode print only if the printer suppor...

Barcode ActiveX Control will not print properly
I'm using Intermec's activeX control to generate barcode labels in Excel. I'm updating the value property using VBA code, then printing the label to a Intermec 4420 thermal printer. The label prints fine, however, the value never changes on the labels....it's the same value, label after label. But, if I debug.print the value, it is fine....no duplication. Should I be sending some kind of command to the printer after a label prints?? Please help !!!! ...