Background Sound will not play when previewed in Publisher 2007

I am currently evaluating Publisher 2007 via the trial version.  I have
created a webpage.  The problem is this, I have added background sounds to
all my pages, however, when I preview the site on Internet Explorer 7, it
will not play.  The background sound files have the .mid extension and they
will not play.  This is becoming very frustrating.  I have checked my
computer to make sure all my audio settings are functioning properly and I
have also checked to make sure that Internet Explorer is compatible with this
program.  Any advice?

To add a background sound to Pub 2007, go to Tools > Options > Web Page
Options and at the bottom of that dialog browse to the .mid file that you
want to use, and ok out. This should work in a web page preview. If it
doesn't then its possible that background sounds may not work with IE7,
though I have not come across this before.

If you are only buying Pub 2007 for web building, I would suggest that you
consider other programs. Publisher is a primarily a DTP with limited web
building capability. It is intended for small, simple static sites. You can
build good looking, functional and cross browser compatible sites with it,
but you will be limited in what you can do. The larger the site and the more
dynamic functionality you seek, the more you will run up against the
limitations. Depending on the goals you have for the site, you might want to
use a different program.

Reference: Prepare, publish, and maintain your Publisher Web site:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA100947601033.aspx

If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group
and we will try to help you there:

DavidF

"MsExquisite" <MsExquisite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am currently evaluating Publisher 2007 via the trial version.  I have
> created a webpage.  The problem is this, I have added background sounds to
> all my pages, however, when I preview the site on Internet Explorer 7, it
> will not play.  The background sound files have the .mid extension and
> they
> will not play.  This is becoming very frustrating.  I have checked my
> computer to make sure all my audio settings are functioning properly and I
> have also checked to make sure that Internet Explorer is compatible with
> this
> program.  Any advice?

0
Nope8657 (939)
7/10/2008 11:58:47 AM
MsExquisite wrote:
> The problem is this, I have added background sounds to all my pages,
> however, when I preview the site on Internet Explorer 7, it will not
> play. Any advice?

Maybe Internet Explorer is trying to give you a hint. Most web users do
not want your choice of music imposed on them when they visit your site.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> MsExquisite wrote:
> > The problem is this, I have added background sounds to all my pages,
> > however, when I preview the site on Internet Explorer 7, it will not
> > play. Any advice?
>
> Maybe Internet Explorer is trying to give you a hint. Most web users do
> not want your choice of music imposed on them when they visit your site.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
xnoddyx (1)

Prevent preview pane in Outlook XP
Is there a way to disable the preview pane in Outlook XP? V <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to disable the preview pane in Outlook XP? One way is to add the "/NoPreview" switch to the shortcut target line. -- Brian Tillman ...

Publisher template not same color on screen as template selected
When I choose a template from publisher(2000 version) the color of the template on screen is not the same as it appears in the list of templates that you have to choose from. Any suggestions? Rae <Rae@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > When I choose a template from publisher(2000 version) the color of the > template on screen is not the same as it appears in the list of > templates that you have to choose from. Any suggestions? Is the background of the page the correct colour (white)? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Background Sizing
I am creating an ad in Publisher and I specify the size on the ad on page set up. Everything is fine until I add a background - the ad is then larger than the settings I entered. Backgrounds want to cover the entire page with a little left over. What size is your ad? What happens if you create an autoshape and fill it? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jen B" <Jen B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F093E5C-B689-46DF-BC97-01FD15A2235D@microsoft.com... >I am creating an ad in Publi...

Cells will not calculate
I am using the replace feature to modify a rather long formula. I have to modify it in each column, abour 30 cells per column. Anyway I am replacing $D with $E = the replace feature works perfectly but after the change the cell does not calculate and return the data... HELP. It is far to tedious to make the chabge manually. =IF(ISNA(MATCH("N12",Schedule!$D$49:$D$102,0)),"",INDEX(Schedule!$B$49:$B$102,MATCH("N12",Schedule!$D$49:$D$102,FALSE))) Even with calculation set to manual, the cell should recalculate after making a find and replace change. Your form...

Problem inserting calculated pivot fields into Pivot Table (2007)
Working with Excel 2007 and a Pivot Table. Created a Calculated field. The field shows in the Field List, but Excel will not let me drag the Calculated field into the Pivot Table areas (other than into the Values area). What am I doing wrong? Hi A calculated item or field, can ONLY be allocated to the data area. It's position within the data area can be modified, but it cannot be moved to any other area -- Regards Roger Govier wamiller36 wrote: > Working with Excel 2007 and a Pivot Table. Created a Calculated field. The > field shows in the Field List, b...

Display random background pics on form loading?
That's a new one to me... I was asked to do this... I put the pics in one directory, tried to mess with On_Load event, Form.picture = "Path", but nothing (do I need UNC path?)... any help with this? "Maarkr" wrote: > That's a new one to me... I was asked to do this... I put the pics in one > directory, tried to mess with On_Load event, Form.picture = "Path", but > nothing (do I need UNC path?)... any help with this? Figured this out... What I did was this... made a table (PicTable) with 2 fields (PicID, PicPath) and put the paths in the pi...

Add background music????
How do I add background music to a email. I want it to play a song when the receiving person opens the email I sent to them. Thanks Doug Answered in the general newsgroup. Do NOT multipost! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_...

Access 2003 and 2007 on same PC
I have Office 2003 and Office 2007 installed on the same PC (installed correctly as per the KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928091). I am having problems with VBA References. A new database created in Access 2003 contains references to the Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library, not the Access 11. Therefore none of my VBA code will work. it comes up with an error of "object or class does not support the set of events" Does anyone know how to re-set the reference back to Microsoft Access 11.0 Object Library - I can't untick the reference to 12.0 and when I b...

Inserting photos into Publisher
I cannot see the photo from file I have tried to insert into Publisher 2003. All I see is just a box with the dotted outline of where the picture should be. How do I make the image visible please? View, picture, detailed display... If this is not the solution, it means your video/graphics driver needs updating. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this solves the disappearing picture problem then you definitely need to upgrade your driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ ht...

background color for dashed line
Hi, I'm calling CPen::CreatePen() and passing PS_DASH (white color). My background is black BUT the line I draw (using the CPen object) is drawn on an existing WHITE line. As a result, I cannot see the new dashed line (because it doesn't draw anything between the small lines so I see only one solid line). I know that I can draw two lines- one black and one dashed white, but the question is if I can draw only one dashed line so that between the white small lines it will draw black lines? Regards, Ram. Ram, If memory serves, the color set in SetBkColor will be used by the background...

How can I add more background colors or stationary to Outlook temp
How can I add more background colors, stationery, animated watermarks, etc. to Outlood email? I go to Outlook> Actions> New Mail Message Using > More Stationery but there are only a templates as options. I would like to add templates. For example green for St Paddys, bunny backgrounds, animated (moving) hearts, etc. Thank you Create pages in an HTML editor and save to %appdata%\microsoft\stationery -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by ...

Email a report in Access 2007
I can't email/publish/save_as a report from Access 2007 unless I use .snp. I downloaded the pdf/xps add-on from MS but when I go to publish or email I get an error message. It basically says "Can't save to output data to file you have selected". Then it gives fives "excuses", one being that the file may be open. Another about having enough disk space. I have plenty. Can you help me out on this? Thanks Stan On Feb 3, 9:42 am, StanTheMan <StanThe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't email/publish/save_as a report from Access 2007 unless I ...

Synchronizing folders (in beta 2007)
Hi, could someone explain what 'synchronizing folders' means? There is an icon on my taskbar that states "Microsoft Office Outlook is synchronizing folders". Is this normal to show on the taskbar and what is synchronizing? I have seen this before with the beta version but I don't know what it does, even though I checked out the Help section, which only explains if I want it or not but not why it's happening or how it's beneficial. Can someone help me understand? TIA for any thoughts.......katy Do you use IMAP? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://...

screen will not expand
Help, In excel the inner box will not expand ??? Expand the application box before expanding the file box? "kwilson" <Kwilson@amerijet.com> wrote in message news:11f301c3fb9c$e5b9b9d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... : Help, : : In excel the inner box will not expand ??? The workbook may be protected. To remove the protection (you may need a password): Choose Tools>Protection>Unprotect Workbook kwilson wrote: > Help, > > In excel the inner box will not expand ??? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html No lu...

Posting/publishing to the web
I have a detailed excel spreadsheet - with multiple pages, range names, formulas and control box objects (check boxes and drop down lists). Is there any way to get this to be a web page and allow the same functionality to remain ? interactivity and checkboxes (some formulas are based on results in the text box so I need it all). I tried the publish function but that didnt carry over the control boxes, some conditional formatting and I think a few minor things. IF Excel cant do it - can anyone recommend a software package that can ? Thanks !! Yosef ...

print multiple DIFFFERENT labels in MS Publisher 2000
I am trying to print labels for my DVDs using MS Publisher 2000 and Avery 18167 labels (1/2 inch x 1-3/4 inches). I do NOT want to print 1 single label in the middle of the page, nor do I want to print 80 of the same label. What I want is to print "label A" in the label at Row 1 column 1, then "label B" on Row 1 column 2, then "label C" in Row 1 column 3, etc. But I can't find an option in either MS Publisher or MS Word 2000 that will allow me to choose what row and column I want to start printing at. Does this feature exist in either of those program...

money 2007 crashes when updating account info
Hi folks, I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my email/password, Money pops out a window saying "Updating Accout Info", then it crashes! If I restart the program I can login, but retrieving bank list failes each time and money crashes when I click "receive account updates from MSN money my accounts". I've owned money 2006 before so I think I do have some old information on msn money.Any idea? Thanks Kun In microsoft.public.money, qk wrote: > >I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my >email/...

Button background
Hello, I need to change background color of single button (CButton) in dialog. How can it be easily done? Thank you! >I need to change background color of single button (CButton) in dialog. How >can it be easily done? It can't be easily done. I believe the only option is to make it an owner drawn control. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Custom Background Issue
First, I am not even close to a professional computer anything! Last week I pulled in picture to use as a background for a flyer that I am doing. Everything was fine- it printed fine and was viewed fine. Yesterday I received a new "template" from our design company and did exactly the same things and when I pull it in to the more backgrounds area it looks fine on the background panel and in the print preview area. Yet the screen where you insert text boxes or design your flyer is black and I can barely see the background. Please help! -- T What happens if you insert the back...

about icon background in vista
hi, all: i meet a curious thing. i make a icon using vc2005, and the backgournd of icon is transparent. i draw it to a dialog. in xp, it is right, the backgournd is transparent. but when aero is enabled in vista, the background is wrong, change into white. i find a way to solve this i get the dialog 's dc ,and create a bitmap. draw icon on the bitmap, and then draw bitmap to dialog's dc. the code like below int lWidth = rtClient.right - rtClient.left; int lHeight = rtClient.bottom - rtClient.top; RECT rcWindow; ::GetWindowRect(hDestWindowOverride, &rcWindow); HDC hDCDisplay = ::Cr...

Windows 7
In Vista and XP I was able to put "New Office Document" and "Open Office Document" on the Start Button Menu. I cannot find a way to do this with Windows 7. Thanks Right click and then select Pin to Start menu or Pin to Task Bar -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "ADKR" <ADKR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22943FF1-F6D9-42B1-8B1C-7A27758333D4@microsoft.com... ...

Breakpoint will not go away.
Hi I put a breakpoint before a line of code: Private Sub Command58_Click() so that when I clicked the button, I could see what was happening. A wee brown spot appears in the margin next to the line of code. When I ran it, I go to debug window - fine. However, when I removed the breakpoint, it worked OK first time. Then, I closed the database, re-opened it, and tried again. Once again, it has opened on the debug window. No wee brown spots are visible. I have tried pressing Remove All Breakpoints, and Compact & Repair Database, all to no avail. Help! Stapes Try importing everything in...

Messages at the Background
I am relatively new with preparing accounting reports. In the spreadsheet I am working with, I saw that except the print areas, the entire spreadsheet was grayed out. I wonder how that was done. I know how to gray out a range of cells, but don't know how to do it for the entire spreadsheet. The other thing I noticed was that within the printed area, there was the nice information painted at the background indicating page numbers. This page number will not be printed out if I select print. And I don't know how that was done either. Hope someone will help me with these questions. ...

Baseline Date Roll-up Issue in 2007
I am evaluating supplier schedules submitted to a prime contractor in a new technology development project. The suppliers are required to align their activities with the Prime's activities by placement of Prime activity IDs in user defined text fields in each supplier's project file. I am now doing a roll-up of activity status by the Prime's activity ID. The issue in Project 2007 (12.0.6211.1000) SP MSO (12.0.6425.1000) is that the summary roll-up picks the LATEST baseline start date - not the earliest. I have checked this out in a number of different scenarios. ...

Page Break Preview Settings
This is a preference and I don't know if it's possible to change it. After I create a form, I like to keep it in Page Break Preview so everyone knows how it will print. My problem is that the page numbers that show in gray are a bit to dark and make it hard to read some of the items on the page. To see what I mean open up a spreadsheet in excel, go to view, page break preview... see how the word "page 1" is showing. I'd like to change that to a different color if possible, say light yellow or something other than the dark gray now showing. Is this a possibilit...