autofit catalog merge area for catalog merge

I would like to use the catalog merge area to merge rows of data into a
brochure.  The amount of data in each row may vary so I'd like the catalog
merge area to autofit as it merges, as opposed to having large blank areas
for some merged cells and truncated text in others.  Any ideas?
0
EM (42)

You could convert the brochures into a publication in step 5 and adjust the areas.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"EM" <EM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to use the catalog merge area to merge rows of data into a
> brochure.  The amount of data in each row may vary so I'd like the catalog
> merge area to autofit as it merges, as opposed to having large blank areas
> for some merged cells and truncated text in others.  Any ideas?

0
gsauer (5094)
11/29/2005 7:57:15 PM
Mary, I don’t understood Your answer. May I please more explanation on
question EM ?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You could convert the brochures into a publication in step 5 and adjust the areas.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "EM" <EM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to use the catalog merge area to merge rows of data into a
> > brochure.  The amount of data in each row may vary so I'd like the catalog
> > merge area to autofit as it merges, as opposed to having large blank areas
> > for some merged cells and truncated text in others.  Any ideas?

0
RD (38)
1/24/2006 8:47:03 AM
There are very good articles that explain the catalog merge.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"RD" <RD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mary, I don't understood Your answer. May I please more explanation on
> question EM ?
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You could convert the brochures into a publication in step 5 and adjust the areas.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "EM" <EM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would like to use the catalog merge area to merge rows of data into a
>> > brochure.  The amount of data in each row may vary so I'd like the catalog
>> > merge area to autofit as it merges, as opposed to having large blank areas
>> > for some merged cells and truncated text in others.  Any ideas?

0
gsauer (5094)

How do i merge two WLM?
I have WLM on my laptop and my desktop. I have a in network, why doesn't WLM only maintain one account. The mail on my laptop never transfers to my desk top, aren't they the same account? Bill Mc Define: "I have a in network". If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP...

Wrap text and row autofit
Hello, If Wrap text is enabled for a cell, the row autofit function works properly. But if I merge 2 or more cells in a row, then autofit doesn't work. It sets itself to the height of 1 row even if the contents require more than 1 row's height. Pls help. Note: Excel 2003 version. thanks, GK GK Rows with Merged cells will not Autofit. Just one of many problems with merged cells. You need VBA code to do that. Here is code from Greg Wilson. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim NewRwHt As Single Dim cWdth As Single, MrgeWdth As Single Dim c As Range, cc As ...

Second Global Catalog Server
I am running Windows 2000 Active Directory Domain in Native mode with 2 domain controllers on the network. Exchange 2000 has been running on a member server for about 2 years. Currently only the 1st domain controller is designated as the Global Catalog, I would like to also make the 2nd domain controller a global catalog for redundancy. Is the procedure for assigning global catalog role to the 2nd domain controller the same as if there was no Exchange server present? In AD Sites/Services I see an Exchange Settings folder under the 1st domain controller. Any ideas or suggestions would be g...

Merging data from Excel into Outlook
Hi! I'm using the excellent code below (grabbed some weeks ago from thi forum - thanks to those who wrote it!) and want to add another colum of data to include in the body of the message. i.e. the contents of the range E1:E10 are included in the body of th message, with column A to C supplying the first name "Dear 'Chris', th e-mail address and a yes/no which determines if the data in that ro are to receive an e- mail. What I'm looking to do is to have column D included within the body o the mailing and include the contents of E1:E5 above it and E6:E10 belo it so it loo...

Mass Mailing
I have recently used mail merge to send out company newsletters, but I now want more functionality. Can you get add-ons for mail merge?? If not, does Anybody know of a good Mass mailing Program for Sending HTML Newsletters to our Customers. Program would need tracking facilities and unsubscribe options etc All help is Much Appreciated Thanks in Advance Mark www.mapilab.com makes some pretty good add-ins. I use the toolbox myself. -- Guy Lapierre Forefront Business Solutions http://www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com "Marka" <marka@REMOVETH1Slamberteng.com> wrote in ...

Stop autofit 2007
Can someone please help. I have a master slide where the title is 20pt. When there is a 2 lined title powerpoint makes it 18pt. I need it to stay 20pt because I want the user to realize that it is way too much text and they must shorten the title. But why is it autofitting. I have: 1. gone to ppt options/autoformat/unchecked autofit for placeholders and body text 2. I have right clicked /format selected no autofit but yet it stills does it. Anyone know why. It's driving me crazy. I've been trying to make this work for 3 hours. Did you go to the relevant layout right cli...

Mail merge using Windows Live Mail
I have switched from using Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail, but now I'm having problems with the mail merge in Publisher. It looks like it is requiring OE as the email client for outgoing mail. How can I make the mail merge function in Publisher use Windows Live Mail instead? I know very little about Live Mail. There is a Connector. Read the article; see if it is what you need. Microsoft Office Outlook Connector overview http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Johanna" <Johanna@discussio...

How do I format catalog merge pages so the output is in columns n.
In Publisher - when I do a catalog merge (I am trying to make a an address directory) the output (names & addresses) merge correctly but I want to be able to read them up and down in columns instead of across in rows. How can I format? You need to setup your data differently. There is an Excel example here: http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B624CD4-90D8-4986-A2FF-A2807467E6F5@microsoft.com... &...

Merged Cell Formatting
I have a workbook that is formatted so that when text expands past the border of the cell it wraps to the next line and the height of the cell is automatically adjusted. When I use the same formatting for a group of merged cells it does not automatically adjust the height of the cell. Is there anything that I can do to make it adjust the height like the unmerged cells? Thanks in advance. Joe Joseph Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells. You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written code for this. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsf...

After catalog merge where items are different heights...
It would be nice if I could get the text boxes to 'autoflow' or snap together when I resize textboxes. In other words, after a catalog merge, some descriptions are shorter than others. So, when I go to one of the short descriptions and shrink the height of its textbox, I am left with a big gap. Any way to have the following textboxes snap up to the bottom of the previous textbox? This would seem to be a serious shortcoming of Publisher. In HTML, for instance, DIVs stack on top of each other. The other option would be to allow the catalog merge to spew the entire formatted conte...

autofit does not autofit
I have a 2000 spreadsheet with merged cells in the column that I am entering text. I cut and paste text from another document into the cell and the rows do not autofit. I have the cell formatting to wrap text and there is no row height set. When I manually autofit the row, only one line of text will show. Here is an example of text that I am pasting: To Better Serve You DM > Quantity 1500, 2500, 5M > Flat size 8.5" x 12" > Folded 8.5" x 4 > 4/4 > Tri-fold > Stock Cougar White Card Stock 8 pt or 10 > Special Instructions: double perf on a 4" x ...

How do I do multiple charts on the same page? Is there a merge fu
I have several charts to on students and want them to be on the same page. How do I do this? Also, is there a merge application within Excel that would enable me to merge names of students into the graphs without doing each one separately? Not sure if this what you are looking for but if you are referring to having multiple charts on the same worksheet, you can accomplish this by copying the original chart and pasting it into your "master" worksheet. Or you can simply create each chart on the same page. Set the data source of the chart to the data on the "other&q...

Why is mail merge not available?
I have newly installed Publisher 2003 and most of the mail merge commands are not available. How do I activate this feature? What commands are unavailable? Can you open the wizard? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MarkCJ" <MarkCJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13AB0160-5F4D-4481-BCB5-D3C9E45B363A@microsoft.com... >I have newly installed Publisher 2003 and most of the mail merge commands are > not available. How do I activate this feature? In the Tools/Mail and Catalog Merge ...

How do I create a mail merge in Publisher 2003 using Outlook addr.
I'm trying to create a catalog merge using Publisher 2003 using Outlook Express Address book as a data source. I have trouble specifically with the SELECT A DATA SOURCE step. Which option should I pick and then how do I determine the location of the data source? ...

ROW AUTOFIT has a Limit?!
Try doing autofit on a row with TONs of text.. it seems to stop at 546pixels. Anyway around this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You'd have to check your version, but from XLv.X Help ("specifications"): Feature Maximum limit Row height 409 points Since there are 72 points per inch, if you're using the Wintel standard 96 pixels per inch 409 pt * (96 px/in)/(72 pt/in) = 545.3333333 px which is pr...

Rows Autofit
I try to set autofit for rows but got error lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).row rows("2:lastrow").autofit Try: rows("2:" & lastrow).autofit crapit wrote: > > I try to set autofit for rows but got error > lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).row > rows("2:lastrow").autofit -- Dave Peterson ...

CRM Merge Multiple Contacts
Hello: Within CRM 3.0 is there a way to merge multiple contacts? I have an Excel spreadsheet that I would like to merge with the CRM contacts. I know that the ability exists to merge 2 contacts through the UI. Is there an automated merge process that can handle multiple records? Thanks for the help. Hi, No, there is no such feature but it can be developed using CRM SDK. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Matthew" wrote: > Hello: > > Within CRM 3.0...

Mail Merge
Hi I'm working with a mail merge that can spit out messages in two languages. I've already got the date formatted properly with \@"dd MMMM yyyy but I'm trying to get the month that it displays to go in french. How do I change that? ...

Merging two profiles
Hi there I just had a new profile installed on my computer for an exchange server. My previous profile is for my personal POP3 accounts. Is there any neat way to merge the two profiles and retain access to all my existing emails? Thanks very much Lloyd You can either switch between profiles (troublesome) or you can check with your tech department if you're allowed to add the POP accounts to your existing profile. A profile can more than one mail transport in it so it's technically possible. You can drag/drop stuff from your old PST (personal folders) to your Exchange mailbox t...

Merge Custom Entities
We are currently using CRM 3.0. We have some custom entities that have duplicates and I need to merge the duplicates together. There is no "merge" for custom entities in 3.0. Any idea on how to merge them? ...

How to autofit height of merge cells?
I merge 2 cells, A1+B1. When i type in the cell (merged) with text so long. So the text will be warped. Now how to height of the cell fit as long as the text? ...

mail merge a document with an attachment
I currently send out periodic emails to groups of individuals, and those emails have an attachment. I can do a Mail Merge in WORD, but can't figure out how to inclulde the attachment in each email. I can do a Mail Merge in Outlook, but either select a new or existing document, and again, I don't know how to include an attachment in the document. I know how to create an outlook template, but when doing a Mail Merge, it doesn't give me the option to use an outlook template. Any suggestions? Attachments cannot be used in a mail merge. You'll need to look at third par...

Product Catalog 02-09-07
My company sells hardware appliances. This will normally consist of a price for the base unit, user license (concurrent # users), maintenance of the unit (which can be of 3 different levels - Gold, Silver, Bronze) and also an advanced feature set which gives added functionality, at a price. So I sould have 5 different products that combine to make one product work, if that makes sence. I could really do with having a parent product and then assocciate child products that could be picked from a list. I have tried creating price lists but if I have 10 appliances and there are 3 types of ...

is there an easy way to merge data/information on several sheets .
I need to combine sheets on one workbook into ONE sheet, data/columns are the same on each sheet, but original person put it different names on each sheet instead of on one.. anyway to do that easily short of cutting and pasting from each individual sheet? hi Robin http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm Or a formula example http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02A7E32F-CE95-40E2-843D-08EC33DE0B81@microsoft.com... >I need to combine sheets on one workbook...

Excel merge columns
Hallo, I have two different lists. List A with three columns: name, first name, email address and list B with 7 columns: name, first name, Street, City, Post Code, Counrty. The list B containes the names of list A. How do I merge these two different lists, so that the e-mail address appears as separate column of List B? Myrto Myrto - If the rows are identical, you could insert a column in list B titled E-mail, then go to List A, Copy to e-mail column, and paste it in list B. Just be sure that you are pasting it in the right row. Carole O "Myrto" wrote: > Hallo, >...