Autocorrect Not Working?

I recently reinstalled/repaired Publisher 2003 because of computer crash at
my company.  Since then, my autocorrect is not working.  I use copyright and
registered symbols very frequently and have it set up in autocorrect to
replace (c) with symbol and (r) with symbol to save time.  Even though I have
it set up that way, it is not working, I am still getting (r) or (c) instead
of the symbol.  Also, if I set up a text box with different font and spacing
and select box for apply to all text boxes in publication, that is not
working either.  All text boxes are still coming up with default Times New
Roman.  Anyone have any idea why this is happening?  It's costing me quite of
bit of extra time.  Thank you.
0
lark (7)

Did you install the service packs too?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E25B7049-3E13-433B-B9D2-5E3C1132F206&displaylang=en

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"lark" <lark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently reinstalled/repaired Publisher 2003 because of computer crash at
> my company.  Since then, my autocorrect is not working.  I use copyright and
> registered symbols very frequently and have it set up in autocorrect to
> replace (c) with symbol and (r) with symbol to save time.  Even though I have
> it set up that way, it is not working, I am still getting (r) or (c) instead
> of the symbol.  Also, if I set up a text box with different font and spacing
> and select box for apply to all text boxes in publication, that is not
> working either.  All text boxes are still coming up with default Times New
> Roman.  Anyone have any idea why this is happening?  It's costing me quite of
> bit of extra time.  Thank you.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/18/2008 4:08:27 PM
I installed the Add-Ins if that is what you mean?  Are there other Service
Packs? And, if so, why didn't I have to install Service Packs initially?  I
don't remember doing that when we upgraded from 2000 to 2003.  Thanks
--
lark

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Did you install the service packs too?
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E25B7049-3E13-433B-B9D2-5E3C1132F206&displaylang=en
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "lark" <lark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently reinstalled/repaired Publisher 2003 because of computer crash at
> > my company.  Since then, my autocorrect is not working.  I use copyright and
> > registered symbols very frequently and have it set up in autocorrect to
> > replace (c) with symbol and (r) with symbol to save time.  Even though I have
> > it set up that way, it is not working, I am still getting (r) or (c) instead
> > of the symbol.  Also, if I set up a text box with different font and spacing
> > and select box for apply to all text boxes in publication, that is not
> > working either.  All text boxes are still coming up with default Times New
> > Roman.  Anyone have any idea why this is happening?  It's costing me quite of
> > bit of extra time.  Thank you.

0
lark (7)
3/18/2008 4:19:01 PM
Service Pack 3 includes one and two. All the information is on the download
page. I think I remember the autocorrect problem being addressed in one of the
service packs.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I installed the Add-Ins if that is what you mean?  Are there other Service
> Packs? And, if so, why didn't I have to install Service Packs initially?  I
> don't remember doing that when we upgraded from 2000 to 2003.  Thanks
> --
> lark
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Did you install the service packs too?
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E25B7049-3E13-433B-B9D2-5E3C1132F206&displaylang=en
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "lark" <lark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I recently reinstalled/repaired Publisher 2003 because of computer crash at
>> > my company.  Since then, my autocorrect is not working.  I use copyright
>> > and
>> > registered symbols very frequently and have it set up in autocorrect to
>> > replace (c) with symbol and (r) with symbol to save time.  Even though I
>> > have
>> > it set up that way, it is not working, I am still getting (r) or (c)
>> > instead
>> > of the symbol.  Also, if I set up a text box with different font and
>> > spacing
>> > and select box for apply to all text boxes in publication, that is not
>> > working either.  All text boxes are still coming up with default Times New
>> > Roman.  Anyone have any idea why this is happening?  It's costing me quite
>> > of
>> > bit of extra time.  Thank you.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/18/2008 4:23:35 PM
Ok, I will check out Service Pack 3.  Thank you very much!
--
lark

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Service Pack 3 includes one and two. All the information is on the download
> page. I think I remember the autocorrect problem being addressed in one of the
> service packs.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "lark" <lark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I installed the Add-Ins if that is what you mean?  Are there other Service
> > Packs? And, if so, why didn't I have to install Service Packs initially?  I
> > don't remember doing that when we upgraded from 2000 to 2003.  Thanks
> > --
> > lark
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> Did you install the service packs too?
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E25B7049-3E13-433B-B9D2-5E3C1132F206&displaylang=en
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "lark" <lark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
lark (7)

Autocorrect
I recall that previous versions of Access were smart enough to capitalize the first letter of each sentence when adding information to a memo field but Access 2007 is incapable of this. Is it possible to accomplish this task in an easy manner. Some of you may suggest using "Autocorrect" but it just don't work. Try adding text in a memo field and you will see. Type a work and end with a period. Begin a new sentence and as soon as you press the space bar the previous word will be capitalized. Again, any suggestions how to do this? I tried and what i see is that only the fir...

Non-working work week
Is there any way to make an entire week a non-working work week? As in, a task is going to take 25 days, but the 4th of July occurs in the middle and you want to show that during that week (or 2), no work will occur. Besides creating a new task or extending the task during. Thanks in advance! Hi RVE, Open up the calendar, "Tools", 'Change working time..', then simply select the days you want as non working. Make sure that the calendar you change is the Project calendar and is the basis for all other calendars such as individual resource calendars. Hope thi...

Out of Office not working
All of a sudden, numerous users are reporting that they cannot change their out of office messages. Or to put it more accurately, they make a change (for example, turning OOO off), and it looks like it took the change, but the system still keeps sending OOO messages. I had them try to make the change via OWA, and same result... it looks like it took the change, but has no effect. We are running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007. Have any of you seen this before, and do you know what I can do? Any help is appreciated! Thanks! Sounds like you're having problems with Exc...

Have GP work the same way as Axapta and Navision with costing
The customer has this situation: Issue B – The IV10200 table holds one line for every receiving transaction posted to the system. The Current Cost field is updated with the new cost posted for the item. For example, in the scenario that was tested, we posted 1 receivings transaction for 100 quantities using a cost of 100. The system created a layer in the IV10200(Purchase Receipts table) for the 100 quantities with unit cost of 100. If I invoice 60 quantities and change the cost to 90, the system creates an entry in the POP10500 (POP Receipt Apply table) and the POP10600 (POP Shipment ...

No Formulas are working!
I'm using a workbook that was setup by a different user. When I double click into ANY cell that contains a formula, the formula stops working and is then changed into text in the cell. When I try to enter a new formula (even VERY simple one's) the only thing that appears in the cell is the formula text! I have NO clue. I've made sure the autocalcuate is turned on. This is because the cell format is set on "text" and not on anything else (usual: standard") maybe you can change it for every cell: go into the menue format > Style and change this form...

Working with a form
I have created an inventory database. I am stumped on how to get an on hand balance on my form. I understand I calculate Units Received - Units Sold but cannot figure out where to do it and how to get it to work. I would like my form to be designed almost like the inventory database template. With the inventory transactions table as a subform and product info as the main form. Please tell me how to calculate this and what I am doing wrong. Thanks.... RG, check out aggregate function DSUM It will allow you to sum a field in ALL the records in a table or query that meet the criteria (Prod...

How Queues work in CRM?
Hi, Can someone please explain me the concept of queue in crm 3.0? I opened an email in outlook client and saved it to CRM using "Track in CRM" and "View in CRM" buttons. As soon as it is saved in CRM, it goes in as Closed Activity. Why is it so? Secondly, I can see that email activity under Queues --> Assigned and then there is a button on the toolbar "Accept". When we click "Accept", the email activity disappears from the queue. What is this button "Accept" for? Even if I don't click that button, the activity is already there in my...

Will Publisher still work on new version of IE?
I manage my company's web site which I created with Publisher 2003 in 2006. I have been told that Publisher web sites will no longer work with the next iteration of Internet Explorer (and with other browsers) because they will not comport with international standards. Is this true, and should I redesign my web site with another authoring tool? Since IE8 has not been released yet, there's no way of telling for sure how your Publisher designed web will work with IE8...it's almost certain that IE8 will have to run in compatibility mode though. Run your current website throug...

working hour
Hi, I have 2 questions about working hour, First, how to create a schedule like this from 22h00 to 7h00, for the night's shift. Second, how to create a temporaly schedule, for example someone who habitually work during the day, and for 2 weeks will work in the night's shift. Thanks -- Éric R. ...

Sales/Work Orders and/or layaways in MSPOS 2.0? Am I an idiot?
Running: MS POS 2.0 30-day TRIAL I manage a small retail & repair shop that often takes SALES/WORK ORDERS with DEPOSITS which are then finalized and made into PURCHASES several days later. In my present POS, Quickbooks POS 4.0 (which I hate), I just make a sales order and then convert it to sales transaction at completion. I have been UNABLE to find this type of transaction ANYWHERE in MSPOS 2.0. I search HELP for sales orders and all I get is PURCHASE ORDERS info. I search LAYAWAY and NOTHING comes up. Am I an IDIOT for not knowing where this most basic of functions resides? Surel...

works database
I've got old works database files (.wdb) on backup disk that I would like to import/convert into Excel 2000. Newer computer, old works program not loaded on this machine. So, I can't do as Microsoft suggests and open in works and saveas dbase file. Please advise. Thanks in advance! Sometimes you can get lucky and just change the file extension to something the software will recognize. This is dicey, and may or may not work. Step 1 is to try this only on a *backup* copy of the file, so no data is lost in the event of an irrecoverable error. Step 2 is to change the .wdb file e...

Dot net frame work 1.1 applications in 64 bit windows 2008 server
Our applications of ASP dot net are build in 1.1 dot net frame work, working in 32 bit 2003 server. We are going to migrate from 32 bit windows 2003 to 64 bit widows 2008 server. I have read in internet ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241064.aspx ) that, "All applications built with the 1.0 and 1.1 releases of the .NET Framework are treated as 32-bit applications and are always executed under WOW64 on the 32-bit common language runtime (CLR) on a 64-bit operating system". "Due to the design of x86 emulation and the WOW64 subsystem for the Itanium p...

Amex and CapitolOne CC don't work after 2005 to 2006 upgrade
I bit the bullet after buying tax cut because there was a $40 rebate for Money 2006. It seems faster to me overall other than I have not really fooled with it. Anyway, my Amex and Capitolone Credit Cards downloads are not work. Making it a real pain since it's Christmas and I need to keep track of purchases. Any ideas I had to try a BUNCH of times to get both of my CapitalOne CC accounts to download within MSM. I don't know why, but the updates are SLOW. ...

Business Contact Manager Does Not Work
I experienced an error with my .pst file and BCM stopped working. (I am not using Exchange Server). I have removed and uninstalled BCM and loaded it up again several times yet after loading it and wither creating or using an existing BCM database, when I open Outlook I get the error message that "Object Could Not Be Found" and consequently I have no BCM menus at all. The database is theer in myu folder view, but my business contacts contain all the mails from the inbox instead of the logs of phone calls or mails I have made for that contact. Can anyone advise please? ...

Gordon. Yes f9 worked.How come not automaticly?
Using Excel Spreadsheets My running sum at the bottem of page Changes automaticly When I enter new numbers on some sheets but I have to do it all over on others. Yes F9 worked but why is it not auto. Y -- TB T.B. You should stick to the same thread for continuity, please. Tools>Options>Calculation can be Auto or Manual. Excel takes the Calculation mode each session from the settings on the first workbook opened in that session. i.e. If you saved Book1 with calc mode in manual and opened it first, calc mode would be in Manual. If you saved Book2 with calc mode in auto and ope...

Autocorrection bug in PowerPoint
Using PowerPoint for Mac v.10.1.5 Swedish on iMac OS 10.3 - Whenever I write letters "f�" (f plus scandinavian letter o with two dots above) autocorrection adds a dot behind each letter - also when I type a space behind the last letter. I can't change it where I normally change or add autocorrections. - The problem does not appear in MS Word. - Suggestions anybody? ...

How do you work your money?
I am trying to understand how you use this program to manage your money - in terms of how you work the program. For example: Do you manually enter the bills you get into the program, as a reminder, then pay the bill over the internet the usually way through your bank website - then go to the Money program and enter the payment and receipt number? Then what happens when you import your bank statement? Does this mean you double up your payment when you rconcile your imported statement? Or should you not enter anything and import your statement once a week and only reconcile the statemen...

Email delivery not working
I will resubmit this question as I think it may have got missed and I really can't believe that no-one knows the answer! 1. I have CRM 3.0 on an SBS2003 box. 2. I have an account "support"with an email address of "support@mydomain.com" 3. I have created a CRM account with the name "techsupport" and email of "techsupport@mydomain.com" I have applied the custom attribute CrmMailEnabled to the Exhange advanced settings, and disabled the user in AD 4. I have created a queue called "Email Support" with the email address in 3. above. 5. I...

work order / house accounts
I want to beable to let my commercial accounts pick up their work orders and pay for them in 10 days. When a cashier tries to tender a sale with one of these work orders for a house account an error message appears not permitting the tender to go through.If the same transaction is tried without using a workorder it tenders properly. What in set up I am not doing properly? -- billr You may have to create and assign the house account to the customer. Mihir Diviasoft, Inc 732-791-2894 mihirs@diviasoft.com www.diviasoft.com "billr3" <billr3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Will Money work with other currencies?
I'm currently in the US and would like to purchase Money for use here, as well as in Southern Africa (mainly South Africa and Zimbabwe). Will it be able to configure with the currencies there and work properly? I have a small business involved in trade with multiple currencies and intend to use money to help me manage my finances. Money allows each account to be associated with a specific currency and it allows transfers from an account in one currency to an account in another currency to be assigned a conversion. That having been said, Money does not make dealing with multiple cur...

Stupid Junk Filter Doesn't Work
I have oulook 2002 (xp). The stupid junk filter doesn't work and I can't figure out how to make it move junk mail to my deleted items so that i don't have to look at them in my inbox. Anyone have any suggestions? Upgrade to 2003. "Christy" <charrison@loanwhiz.com> wrote in message news:63de01c40155$1c4d1c40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have oulook 2002 (xp). The stupid junk filter doesn't > work and I can't figure out how to make it move junk mail > to my deleted items so that i don't have to look at them > in my inbox. > > Anyone h...

So my IMF stopped working
I'm using exchange 2003 sp2 on SBS 2003, and the imf was chugging along happily for a while. Then it stopped. I don't know what changed at that time, but I later enabled SCL exposure in outlook and found out that no SCL was attached to messages any more. I went through and disabled, reenabled, and restarted on both the message delivery and smtp virtual server properties. But I still get no SCL apparent on messages. Any suggestions? Any errors in the error log? Was it updated recently using Automatic Updates/Microsoft Update? Are you using a custom weighting file? -- Bh...

Command Buttons Dont Work In Dialog Box If Placed Infront Of A Picture Or Drawing Box #2
SeaparkJohn Thanks for you reply. No.....The menu is made up using a dialog sheet rather than a use form I have not yet explored the use of user forms. Are they easier to use, and do the buttons get assigned to macros? I dont want to have to write them all again. Thanks for your help. Celtic_Avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26799 ...

Remote access works but no internet browsing
Hi sbs 2003 standard. For some reason we can't access internet even though emails are being receive fine. Also remote access to server works fine too. Outputs of ipconfig/all and tracert www.google.com are given below. I was told by the other person that problem began after turning on the 'Allow management from the Internet' in the vigor draytek 2820vn router. I have turned off the management but no luck. What could be the problem? Thanks Regards C:\>ipconfig/all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : MYSERVER Primary...

Can one save Autocorrect settings?
I have had the need to reformat my hard disk several times, and reinstall Office. Every time I do that I loose my Autocorrect settings! Is there a way to save - say to a floppy - my settings so I don't have to try to remember what terms I used before? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dana DeLouis wrote a couple of macros to transfer AutoCorrect entries. The first one dumps them onto a worksheet. You can check them there. Copy the workbook to the...