Autocad to Publisher to Distiller to Printer, drawing becomes faint

I am having a problem printing autocad drawings through with publisher
through distiller and to the printer. The lines on the drawing look
faint and they should be as black as the lines at the bottom of the
page, which were added using the drawing toolbar in publisher.

When I print directly from publisher it comes out well. I cannot figure
out if the problem is coming from the publisher to pdf or from the pdf
to the printer. I hightened the contrast on the drawing in publisher
and that had no effect on final print out.

What file format are you exporting from AutoCAD?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"GoCoogs" <blaketheturtle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem printing autocad drawings through with publisher
> through distiller and to the printer. The lines on the drawing look
> faint and they should be as black as the lines at the bottom of the
> page, which were added using the drawing toolbar in publisher.
>
> When I print directly from publisher it comes out well. I cannot figure
> out if the problem is coming from the publisher to pdf or from the pdf
> to the printer. I hightened the contrast on the drawing in publisher
> and that had no effect on final print out.

0
jl_paules (2767)
8/2/2006 6:16:44 PM
Thanks for the response.

I am placing the autocad in Publisher by inserting object from file
then printing from Publisher to Distiller for Acrobat 5.0.

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> What file format are you exporting from AutoCAD?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "GoCoogs" <blaketheturtle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I am having a problem printing autocad drawings through with publisher
> > through distiller and to the printer. The lines on the drawing look
> > faint and they should be as black as the lines at the bottom of the
> > page, which were added using the drawing toolbar in publisher.
> >
> > When I print directly from publisher it comes out well. I cannot figure
> > out if the problem is coming from the publisher to pdf or from the pdf
> > to the printer. I hightened the contrast on the drawing in publisher
> > and that had no effect on final print out.

Why don't you just use the export command and try other formats? I stopped
using AutoCAD with 2000 but my husband still uses it daily. I know it can
export darned near any format one would need.

--

> Thanks for the response.
>
> I am placing the autocad in Publisher by inserting object from file
> then printing from Publisher to Distiller for Acrobat 5.0.
>
> JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
>> What file format are you exporting from AutoCAD?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>

>> "GoCoogs" <blaketheturtle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having a problem printing autocad drawings through with publisher
>> > through distiller and to the printer. The lines on the drawing look
>> > faint and they should be as black as the lines at the bottom of the
>> > page, which were added using the drawing toolbar in publisher.
>> >
>> > When I print directly from publisher it comes out well. I cannot figure
>> > out if the problem is coming from the publisher to pdf or from the pdf
>> > to the printer. I hightened the contrast on the drawing in publisher
>> > and that had no effect on final print out.

0
jl_paules (2767)
8/3/2006 3:21:08 PM
Thanks again. I did export it as a metafile and pasted it into my
publisher document but I got the same results. I think it must be
Distiller.
JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> Why don't you just use the export command and try other formats? I stopped
> using AutoCAD with 2000 but my husband still uses it daily. I know it can
> export darned near any format one would need.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "GoCoogs" <blaketheturtle@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Thanks for the response.
> >
> > I am placing the autocad in Publisher by inserting object from file
> > then printing from Publisher to Distiller for Acrobat 5.0.
> >
> > JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> >> What file format are you exporting from AutoCAD?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>

> >> "GoCoogs" <blaketheturtle@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Drawing letters
Hey I am trying to find a way to draw the word LOOP in a way so thar the letters apears as if they are bend from a long rod or so. It is my hope to be able to draw the letters so the letters "OO" mekes a "loop" and still be connectet to the starting letter "L" and the last letter "P" English is not my mative laungish so please forgive any misspells ;o) Can any please help? Im using Publisher CS -- Med venlig hilsen John http://www.dkfritidmotorcykel.dk/?id=1071 I forgot to write that it has to appear as 3D -- Best regards John http://www.dkfr...

Where Publisher 2000 Installs?
During a recent hard drive restore from image, I apparently overwrote part of the drive where Publisher was installed. Because I have Office 2003 for Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, I deliberately installed Publisher 2000 on a different drive, my N:\ drive, hoping to minimize any confusion or conflict. Those N:\files are intact, but I suspect Publisher 2000 also placed some files on my main partition, my C:\ drive. My questions: Where exactly would those files have been installed and which specific files or folders do I need to restore to get Publisher up and running again? I ha...

Avoid drawing blank values
Hello, Can you tell me if there is a way to plot only non-blanked values from a table: F.e. if: X= 1,2,3,4 Y=10, ,10,10 (so no value for x=2) I want to obtain a continuous line going from the first point (1,10) to the third point (3,10) and then of course to (4,10). Thanks in advance for your help, Iv�n ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:52:34 -0500, ivarela1 = <ivarela1.woqln@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > Can you t...

Re-installing Publisher from storage unit
My system crashed big time. I need to reinstall Publisher from my storage unit as my CD is missing (I'm moving, so it's probably packed somewhere). It's my favourite program! How do I do that? You can't without the CD. I'd suggest you start peeking in boxes - I just hope you have them labeled to narrow down your choices. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Marysue" <Marysue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7970DC43-0362-4E76-8308-0F84EEB06098@microsoft.com... &g...

Printer in acces
Heloo I need to send report to specific printer. Another than default in system. I'll use this to send report to pdf printer to generate pdf file thankyou for info morty When you create a report, you have the option of specifying a specific printer to use. Look at the bottom of the Page tab under File | Page Setup when the report is open in Design view. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "morty" <morty@teleprof.pl> wrote in message news:d8ra1g$pf0$2@news2.ipartners.pl... > Heloo > > I need to send report...

pics in ms publisher
A perfectly in-focus photo becomes out of focus when inserted in Microsoft Publisher 07. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx john snell wrote: > A perfectly in-focus photo becomes out of focus when inserted in Microsoft > Publisher 07. View > Pictures > Detailed Display? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Turn off auto resize in publisher
I make my own Calendars in Publisher. I like to do a full year, but only print out the current month as it starts. I do however input info for upcoming months as needed. The default font size is 18 and I keep the day numbers at 18. But I want my daily info at a 10 font. So I put in the 10 font info with no problems. However, when I change to a different month and input info, then go back to the previous month, all of the fonts will revert to the 18 point. All number and text has automatically changed. I want my day number at 18 and the text to stay at 10. What do I need to do ...

Publisher 2002 file problems on Publisher 2003
Hi Everyone, I have a Publisher 2002 file that is just blank when opened in Publisher 2003. If I click on the page I can see the place holders for the object, I can even copy and paste them into Word. But Publisher 2003 keeps saying that the object is on the Master, and to press Control M to view. But on doing that the displayed MAster page is also blank. Can anyone point me in the right direction?? Thanks Kevin Try view, pictures, detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kevin" <anon...

error when opening Publisher file
I'm getting an error: "Microsoft Publisher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" when I open a Publisher file that I created, sent off to a colleague for editing, and she sent back to me. We're both on Pub 2002, but we have different numbers in parens after Pub 2002. Are there different versions of Pub. 2002 that would prevent me from opening a file that she saved on her computer? I can open other Publisher files sent by someone else.... Do you both have the Service Releases installed? www.microsoft.com/office -- Aft...

How to send 2 page Publisher 2003 Newsletter in Email?
I created a 2 page newsletter with links from Page 1 to Page 2. However, when I send in email only Page 1 appears and clicking on the link to Page 2 does nothing. How do I send both pages and have the links from one to the other work? Thanks! I may be wrong but I think the only way to get two pages of text in an email is to make it a single page, twice as long. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "tdehan" <tdehan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:096F2DC5-DB9D-4490-B126-6495718ADF9C@microsoft.com... >I created a 2 page newsletter with links ...

Publisher Problem #7
We recently bought a new HP Probook 4710s laptop. Every time we hit send/receive in Outlook, Publisher starts to reinstall itself. We have uninstalled and reinstalled Publisher but the same thing happens. Any suggestions? Thanks, -- Hank M Take a look at the following article. Information about using 2007 Office suites and programs on a computer that is running another version of Office http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091/en-us -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "HankM" <HankM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:203692CD-3D60-477C-9BDC-0235BA1E2AA7...

AutoCAD images
How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003? Also, how can I position the image in the object window? You will have to convert the DWG into a Publisher usable format, or copy/paste special from the AutoCAD application. Are you using the image on a web page? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ckc" <ckc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5C27582-5C6A-428A-B947-0F9D3AA4FA2C@microsoft.com... > How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003? Also, how can &...

Merging From OL to Publisher
Hi, I don't know if this a publisher or an OL ?. I want to be able to merge to a category of OL. When I am in a Publisher File that I want to do a mail merge, I go through the wizard which is great, then when I choose the contacts folder, I get the Mail Merge Recipients Window. At that point categories are not an option to filter. Is it possible to add categories as an option to the Mail Merge Recipients Window? The way I do it now is to keep an empty contact folder and copy the category over and then merge that folder. BTW Office '03 & '07 "Rob A"...

Copy page from one Publisher document to another Publisher documen
I want to copy a series of pages from one Publisher document to another. Better yet, I'd like to link them, so I only have to maintain one file for a subset of pages. I do this in Excel...why not Publisher? Publisher is a DTP program and it functions well for what it was designed to do. Word maybe a better choice for you. Long documents are easier to manage and can be linked. You can copy/paste Publisher pages from one document to another. There is a method here as well. http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ ...

Autocad import error
I am evaluating Visio for possible purchase and have a downloaded trial version of Visio Professional 2003. I am trying to open or import Autocad files. Using either the Import - Cad drawings option, or just the Open option, I am still getting the error message about the files not being in ..dwg or .dxf format or being corrupt. I have tried the suggestions in previous threads, including saving the files back at Autocad 2000, Autocad 2000 .dxf, or Autocad 2004 .dxf and still get the same error message. Am I missing something? I am a very new user. As in just today. I appreciate any sugg...

MSoffice2003> publisher>greetings card
Iam making some 4 page greeting cards and want to know if it is possible to print fold guide marks/lines on the finished publication & if so how to do this. One page one create a horizontal line on the left, top to bottom. On page 2-3 create a horizontal line on the top of the pages and a vertical line from top to bottom. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "granpafrank#one" <granpafrankone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4A9BD3F-FCFD-42DB-88BF-2F850A343281@microsoft.com... > Ia...

Publishing program???
Dear Forum, I have been typing up a newsletter for my local 4x4 club for the past 6 months. I've been printing this very basic newsletter on A4 up to now. The newsletter comprises text and pictures with a score sheet done on MS Works Spreadsheet inserted onto the last page. To cut the cost of printing i would like to convert this newsletter into booklet form (A4 folded to A5). I'd like to continue to create the newsletter on Word as i have been but have a program that would make all the conversions for me i.e. from numbered A4 pages to numbered A5 (A4 folded) and have all the pa...

edit an autocad r14 <embed> object to open in autocad 2000
=EMBED("AutoCAD.Drawing.14","") convert to =EMBED("AutoCAD.Drawing.15","") How do you make the autocad r14 object open in autocad r2000. I no longer have autocad r14 so i can't open it otherwise. Is there maybe a place to tell excel where to look for the exe file? ...

publisher Mail Merge--Importing Excel File
When using Publisher 2002 and Excel 2002, and Publisher Mail Merge feature, whenever I choose the desired Excel Data :Base file, I am led to a screen headed SELECT TABLE. There I have to select from two separate tables. One is listed as Database Table The other is listed as NYLIST05$ Table What is the difference between the two tables? best, Aaron ...

Check for printer
In vba how can I check that a printer is installed/attached? The reason is when you get vba to print a document if a printer is turned off, or not available the script will crash. hi, ! > In vba how can I check that a printer is installed/attached? > The reason is when you get vba to print a document if a printer is turned off, or not available the script will crash. check this from Randy Birch site: EnumPrinters: Enumerating Local and Network Printers http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/enums/enumprinters.htm hth, hector. "H�ctor Miguel" <NOhemiordiSPAM@PLShotmail.com> ...

How To Make Publisher Print Correctly?
She's a bit of a dog this Publisher thing, isn't it? I am trying to make an Award Certificate. I can only print out in black and white to check what's happening. I've chosen a template that is intended for printing on bordered paper. I expect the printers I use for the job to be able to provide that. My clip art and my wordart created 'stamp' both seem to print in dots like a newspaper - pixelated I suppose that is. From bitmap images without enough pixels? Is that right? Useless to me in that case. Where do create images that I can import to the documen...

Encoding for Publisher 2003
Which encoder should be used for publishing web pages to the internet. When we installed Pub2003, it defaulted to Western European. Is there a site that explains the difference between these encoders, i.e. Western European vs. US ASCII? Thank you. LoBo Designs Leave it at Western European. That setting should not need adjusting. If you should happen to use some odd symbol and font that doesn't render correctly then setting it to Unicode would be required. In your IE browser go to View, Encoding... you will find it at Western European as well ( or possibly utf8). Please use our web fo...

open pdf files in publisher
I have sent someone a zipped pdf document which I produced and which has been sent to others without problems. A new person however is receiving the message 'cannot open file.Not a publisher file.' The file I sent unzipped and they could read it, but I need to send a lot of larger files so need to zip them. They are using aol - which usually unzips automatically. What can be the problem Hope someone can help Hillobeans A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Hillobeans <Hillobeans@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have sent ...

custom control drawing
I created a custom control and placed it on a CDialog. I overrode the OnPaint for the custom control and put the drawing logic there. So far so good. The problem is when I need the custom control drawing surface to erase and redraw.. it isn't doing it. So.. I have a CDialog called CCharEditDlg. it has no OnPaint override. The dialog is all done using the resourse editor. I added a Custom Control area on the dialog and then set the class to CCharacterEditor. In CCharacterEditor, I have overriden the OnPaint and I do my drawing there. it is a dotted grid and a character is place...

convert Publisher version 2 files to Publisher 2003?
Does Microsoft have a converter for converting Publisher version 2 files to Publisher 2003 or even to Publisher 2000? Publisher 2003 should open your 2.0 files. Are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JAB" <JAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C87D6C52-7810-48B1-9DD5-E221827B19B1@microsoft.com... > Does Microsoft have a converter for converting Publisher version 2 files to > Publisher 2003 or even to Publisher 2000? Thanks for your response Mary. Yes I get ...