AutoCAD images

How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003?  Also, how can
I position the image in the object window?
0
ckc (3)

You will have to convert the DWG into a Publisher usable format, or copy/paste
special from the AutoCAD application. Are you using the image on a web page?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"ckc" <ckc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003?  Also, how can
> I position the image in the object window?

0
gsauer (5094)
10/27/2005 2:32:27 PM
I'm trying to use the image to make a page for printing.  I remembered that I
did it once before, and I believe that I used the copy/paste function.  I'm
having problems this time because it says Publisher cannot launch or
communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete this task.  I have
enough disk space so I'm not sure what the problem might be.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You will have to convert the DWG into a Publisher usable format, or copy/paste
> special from the AutoCAD application. Are you using the image on a web page?
>

> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "ckc" <ckc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003?  Also, how can
> > I position the image in the object window?

0
ckc (3)
10/27/2005 3:56:08 PM
What version Publisher?
Do you have Norton? Turn off "script blocking."

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> I'm trying to use the image to make a page for printing.  I remembered that I
> did it once before, and I believe that I used the copy/paste function.  I'm
> having problems this time because it says Publisher cannot launch or
> communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete this task.  I have
> enough disk space so I'm not sure what the problem might be.
>

> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You will have to convert the DWG into a Publisher usable format, or copy/paste
>> special from the AutoCAD application. Are you using the image on a web page?
>>

>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "ckc" <ckc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003?  Also, how can
>> > I position the image in the object window?

0
gsauer (5094)
10/27/2005 4:24:55 PM
I'm using Publisher 2003.

Actually, I got it to work.  Turns out I was pasting the wrong file type.
But I'll keep your advice in mind if I run into trouble again.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> What version Publisher?
> Do you have Norton? Turn off "script blocking."
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "ckc" <ckc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to use the image to make a page for printing.  I remembered that I
> > did it once before, and I believe that I used the copy/paste function.  I'm
> > having problems this time because it says Publisher cannot launch or
> > communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete this task.  I have
> > enough disk space so I'm not sure what the problem might be.
> >

> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> You will have to convert the DWG into a Publisher usable format, or copy/paste
> >> special from the AutoCAD application. Are you using the image on a web page?
> >>

> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> "ckc" <ckc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
ckc (3)
10/27/2005 4:54:15 PM
Let me check with my husband when he gets home. He uses AutoCAD 2004 or
later at work. I haven't used it since shortly after they released 2000i.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ckc" <ckc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003?  Also, how
> can
> I position the image in the object window?

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
10/27/2005 8:41:40 PM
Try doing a dxfout or export as a .dxf. (Depends on the version of AutoCAD
you're using. All versions can do a dxfout)

Other than that, you can save/export your image in any number of file
formats. Just about any format that AutoCAD can spit out, Publisher will
handle.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Let me check with my husband when he gets home. He uses AutoCAD 2004 or
> later at work. I haven't used it since shortly after they released 2000i.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "ckc" <ckc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003?  Also, how
>> can
>> I position the image in the object window?

0
jl_paules1 (1069)

using(Image image = Image.FromFile("bell.gif"))
Hi! Here is some code and I suspect that this code is coded wrong because this code doesn't make sense with how the using is used here. I suspect that it should have been codes like see at the bottom. Or is it something that I miss here saying that the way they use the using here is perfectly correct and valid ? The book I read say the following about the using. It says "The using statement specifies that the image resources should be automatically displosed at the end of the using block" ResXResourceWriter rw = new ResXResourceWriter("Demo.resx"); ...

Re: Images render automatically
UPDATED LINK, apparently servers dont link having MSG files present. http://www.sharpsightgraphics.com/junkmail.zip UPDATED URL . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com ...

AutoCAD images
How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003? Also, how can I position the image in the object window? You will have to convert the DWG into a Publisher usable format, or copy/paste special from the AutoCAD application. Are you using the image on a web page? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ckc" <ckc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5C27582-5C6A-428A-B947-0F9D3AA4FA2C@microsoft.com... > How do I add an image from AutoCAD (DWG) into Publisher 2003? Also, how can &...

Autocad import error
I am evaluating Visio for possible purchase and have a downloaded trial version of Visio Professional 2003. I am trying to open or import Autocad files. Using either the Import - Cad drawings option, or just the Open option, I am still getting the error message about the files not being in ..dwg or .dxf format or being corrupt. I have tried the suggestions in previous threads, including saving the files back at Autocad 2000, Autocad 2000 .dxf, or Autocad 2004 .dxf and still get the same error message. Am I missing something? I am a very new user. As in just today. I appreciate any sugg...

depth color change adding a jpeg image
Hi, I had a JPEG image as BINARY resource into my project. I don't understand why, VC++.NET change its color depth in lower resolution...and save it under another name in res folder... i want to keep the same color resolution. tia for help. Maileen JUst a little precision...after a test, the size of this resource and it's color depth are change just after i change (inside VC.NET) it ID of resource as i wanted... somebody as an idea why this occur ? tia, Maileen Maileen wrote: > Hi, > > I had a JPEG image as BINARY resource into my project. > > I don't un...

Autofill spreadsheet of images
Hope I've got the right thread.... I have a folder of 120 images that I wish to "insert" into to a spreadsheet. I wish to create a file where the first collumn is the file name and the second collumn is the actual image. Being a naturally lazy person (who isnt?) is there a way of "auto" inserting the file names of a folder and the images? Google is your friend excel:insert images macro http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en___US219&q=excel%3ainsert+images+macro -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sale...

Printer is shrinking image
I am trying to print an advertisement i created for a local magazine. the advertisement is suppose to be 3"w x 5"h. when i opened the blank publisher projector i used page setup to create a 3x5 work area and the ad looks great on screeen. however, when i print it, it prints really small, like 1.5"w x 3"h can anybody tell me why its not printing to scale? What version Publisher are you using? Are you printing your ad on standard letter size stock or is your stock the same size as your ad? If you are using Publisher 2007, you might do better using the index card setu...

Publisher Sent as email body converts information to image
I am using publisher 2003 to create an email template. I have followed all of the guides and use onlt web fonts, etc. When the documnet is sent as an email message, the recipient receives an image of the document rather than html. It worked for a while but now does not. Please help. Charlie <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am using publisher 2003 to create an email template. I have > followed all of the guides and use onlt web fonts, etc. When the > documnet is sent as an email message, the recipient receives an image > of th...

Color Images
Hi Everybody, 1. I have been using an old version of Publisher for files with black and white images. I like the interface and I like the price. 2. I would like to move on to create files with full color images. 3. I have been told (hopefully incorrectly) that Publisher files are only CMY rather than CMYK -- black is obtained by combining all of the three other colors. This would create a rather muddy black. 4. Do recent versions of Publisher create full CMYK files -- i.e. four color channels. Are these files accepted by offset press shops? Phil Yes... Commercial printing http:/...

pasting images from Word to Pub
hi there. i often copy and paste images from Word in a Pub dcument. until now, all ok. today suddenly, everytime i try do it, Pub crashes on me. any ideas?? thanks!! When was the last time you restarted your computer? "Abler" <snooper@walla.co.il> wrote in message news:92d201c3ea6a$9a3c1e50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > hi there. i often copy and paste images from Word in a > Pub dcument. until now, all ok. today suddenly, everytime > i try do it, Pub crashes on me. > > any ideas?? > thanks!! today. how come? >-----Original Message----- >When was the ...

Database Image in SSRS 2005
I am working on a report that has a column with the data type of image. When I preview this report, it shows a red "X" instead of the image. I have tried multitude of things but nothing works. Enabling the RS Execution Account. =System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetBytes(Mid (System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetString(Fields!DetailText.Value),79)) =System.Convert.FromBase64String(Mid(System.Conver t.ToBase64String (Fields!Picture.Value),105)) Thanks in advance. Hi Do you store an image in the database or on filesytem? How do you provide the image parameter? &q...

Image Progressing
Hello everyone : I am a chinese ,do something with image processing ,anyone could contacts with me :xfj81525@126.com ...

CImageList: system image list and additional icon
Hello, I need to create a CImageList with the system image list and an additional overlay icon. I read that the system image list retrieved using the SHGetFileInfo API must not be modified in any way, so how could I do that? I thought about somewhat duplicating the image list and then appending the icon (code below) but that does not seem to work. Any ideas? The code must run in any version of Windows. Thank you. SHFILEINFO sfi; HIMAGELIST hSystemImageList = (HIMAGELIST)SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"), 0, &sfi, sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_SMALLICON); i...

Include CAB file into image?
I'm trying to create a catalog component for the NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab file. Is there a way to manually extract the CAB file into the appropriate subcomponents so that it can be added into the CE image? Is there a tool for this, similar to CEFILEWIZ or something along those lines? I'm trying to avoid manually installing the CAB file each time a developer needs to use this tool on the device, and just include the files into a development image. TIA - dave There are some third party tools available to extract CAB files. you can search "Win CE CAB Manager". y...

edit an autocad r14 <embed> object to open in autocad 2000
=EMBED("AutoCAD.Drawing.14","") convert to =EMBED("AutoCAD.Drawing.15","") How do you make the autocad r14 object open in autocad r2000. I no longer have autocad r14 so i can't open it otherwise. Is there maybe a place to tell excel where to look for the exe file? ...

IPicture from ICO file with multiple images
Dear All, I need to display different formats of pictures in my application. I used Paul DiLascia's CPicture class. There are two version's of this class, I'm using the one with IPicture, because I don't need to do fancy stuff like rotation or skewing and I wouldn't want to redist on Win2K. I changed the original implementation of the class to my own needs and also fixed the CArchiveStream problem mentioned in Paul's other article. I mostly use an IStream to give to OleLoadPicture. I also need to save the image to BYTE * and then load back (for a database). Everythin...

Scans with Microsoft Document Imaging are blank yet Fax and Scan w
I cannot get Doc Img to scan properly, it runs normally and does it's OCG, but the copy is always blank. Yet if I run Fax and Scan, the same scanner works fine. ...

Blue Screen Error
How can I Fix Problem. Tried bootibg safe mode, nothing happens Do not have Original XP CD but am completely legal. Well if you don't have original installation or recovery CD's or a recovery partition on your HDD that you can uss following the instructions that came with your system then you are probably out of luck. "greg" <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89CF904D-B9A8-4F7C-89CF-ED9DFE452F62@microsoft.com... > How can I Fix Problem. Tried bootibg safe mode, nothing happens Do not > have > Original XP CD but am compl...

Attaching Images
Question for All: I'm working on a way to attach scanned images to invoices and work orders within GP 9.0. This would be for mass attachment from a database and would link up with invoices/work orders within the system. I'm wondering what the best way to approach this is. I've come up with 2 ideas and wondering on everyone's thoughts. 1: Create a button on a specific screen. Write some VB Code with SQL to the button that once clicked, displays the invoice/work order in "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer". Ive created a ezmode button for this that pulls a picture I s...

binary image conversion
I can convert a bmp to grayscale but dont no how to convert it to a binary image..i mean i dont no which functions to use..all helps are greatly appreciated..thank you..this is my structure... HBITMAP hBitmap = (HBITMAP) ::LoadImage(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), m_sBitmap, IMAGE_BITMAP, 100,140, LR_LOADFROMFILE | LR_CREATEDIBSECTION); HBITMAP hGrayBitmap = (HBITMAP) ::LoadImage(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), m_sBitmap, IMAGE_BITMAP, 100,140, LR_LOADFROMFILE | LR_CREATEDIBSECTION); BITMAP bm; GetObject(hGrayBitmap, sizeof(BITMAP), (LPSTR)&bm); typedef struct tagBITMAP { LONG ...

How do I print one image (say page 1) twice on the same page?
Hello, does anyone know if Excel offer the print option of printing 2up? Meaning, printing the same page twice on one sheet (ie: page 1 printed twice -perhaps landscape, side-by-side, and 50% of course. I have tried and I do not know if Excel is capable of this. Any assistance is appreciated. Hi there I had exactly the same question a few months ago. The simple answer is Excel can't do this easily. So a workaround is required. What I did for my workbook was to add an extra worksheet on which I copied what I wanted to print. I called the worksheet "Double". The worksheet ha...

Storing Images for Image Web Part
Is there a standard practice in where an images folder is located for the Images Web Part? I ran into this issue: I created an Images folder beneath the SP site in wwwroot. I can access this folder as I have network administrator credentials. Now standard users would like to create pages but I don't want to give them access to this folder on the server. It is standard practice to locate a folder elsewhere on the server for access by standard users? Thanks, AJ Hello AJ, Why not store them in a list in SharePoint? SharePoint 2010 by default has an Assets library ...

how to import Thai font in Autocad file to Visio correctly?
Dear Sir, I've got a problem about importing AutoCad drawing to Visio. The text in Thai language can not read after importing to Visio. If anybody has an experience like this, please let me know how to solve this problem. Thank you very much for every help. Hoho What version is the AutoCad file and what version of Visio are you using? One thing you might try is setting you keyboard input language to Thai before starting the import. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "hoho" <ho...

Blocking Images in HTML formatted E-mail
Any ideas as to how to block inline images in e-mail? If this can't be done, any way to ensure that I ONLY see text and never HTML e-mails? Thanks... Michael Care to share what version of Outlook you are running? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Michael Vaughan" <mikeyv1970@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:03f901c3b23f$7985ee10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any ideas as to how to block inline images in e-mail? If > this can't be done, any way to ensure that I ONLY see text > and neve...

Autocad DWG files to MS Publisher?
How do I paste Autocad DWG files into MS Publisher? What happens when you try? Can you paste if you select "paste special" and use the .wmf option? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Dave Stankus" <Dave Stankus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDCC3AA5-E0AF-43A8-B613-8C2E2DE55806@microsoft.com... > How do I paste Autocad DWG files into MS Publisher? Export the AutoCAD file into a different format and insert...