Archive a Publisher Document and Breaking Links

I have a publisher document which has links to graphs in excel files. These
graphs update themselves constantly.

When this report is issued I want to save a copy (archive) of it at that
point, with the graphs at that point (break the link). So it can be opened at
a later stage and have the graphs as they were at the point it was archived.

I am using Publisher 2000 SP3 and Excel 2000.

Excel is set up so that when the document is opened (link update) it updates
the graphs.

I would like to keep the format exactly how it is in publisher (no html if
format is destroyed).

--
Thanks

Dave R
0
djidave (2)

Line breaks and plain text in Outlook 2002
As has been documented, Microsoft removed the option to encode in Quoted Printable in Outlook 2002. Does somebody know why this was done? Outlook is quite a robust program with many uses. One of these is e-mailing. For the high price of Outlook, I would expect that the user should get many options and many customizable features (it amazes me that one cannot customize the head of the original message when quoted in a reply, for example). I would also expect from Outlook something very basic, and that is the ability to communicate without line breaks. It is quite ironic that MS removes quoted pr...

Office 2008 Download Link Not Working
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, I purchased Office 2008 for Mac through Microsoft's website. They sent a download link to my work and gmail accounts, but clicking the download link does nothing for me. When I try to copy the link and paste it, the link still does not work. I also unblocked popups. Any help is greatly appreciated. v/r, I'm afraid that's something which we can't help with here. Contact MS Customer Support: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/contactus.mspx> Or contact the vendor who supplies the download. There ...

Linked file in Publisher 2000
Hi is there a way to ensure that a linked file in a Publisher document is included within Pack and Go Thanks A ...

How: Link Word merge document to Quote from 'print quote for custo
In CRM 4.0 we want to do this as sometimes the sales person does minor amendments to word merge document, and if customer looses quote and wants another sent, any member of staff can send them a copy again. Currently the workaround is to save to Word document and then add Note to Quote and then attach Word file manually. Is there a better way than this? ...

Linking to an Excel Pivot Table
Does anyone know how to break the link between an Excel pivot table that uses Access as it's data source without recreating the pivot table? It links to a network drive at work, I need to relink to my local drive but it keeps looking for my "m" drive on my network at work. ...

Tables in Publisher #2
I produce a 84 page A5 sized handbook for a sports league. I put a copy of last years league tables in the handbook. There are 8 seperate leagues over two pages. Whilst the tables are small, there is space to make the tables bigger, but I cannot seem to achieve this by the obviuos methods. Also I'd like to reduce the size between the columns in the tables - but again fail to do this. It's the second year of the handbook and I'm sure that I typed the tables from scratch last year. Any idea's?? -- Thanks Squashed Tom What happens when you try to enlarge the table? Can you se...

excel 2007 chart in word document
How do I paste an Excel 2007 chart into a Word document, using vba? ...

move to archived folders works, archiving to same archived folders does not work
We are using Outlook 2000 with Exchange 2000. Most of our users work on Terminal Server. Their pst-files are stored on a directory on the file and print server. Some of these users can move mails from their mailbox to their archived folders, but cannot archive to it. They get the message that the pst file cannot be opened. However at that moment they can still browse in their archived folders, move mail to it and so on. For one user I created a new pst file, but the problem staid the same. Does anyone have experience with this? ...

Update all docvariables in all active documents
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to use VBA to update all docvariable fields in all active documents? I know how to update a single document, but I'm having trouble cycling through all active documents. Thank you, Rob Probably a bit of overkill as this would update "all" fields (not just docVariables fields). Sub ScratchMaco() Dim oDoc As Word.Document For Each oDoc In Documents UpdateFields oDoc Next oDoc End Sub Sub UpdateFields(Doc As Word.Document) Dim pRange As Word.Range Dim oShp As Shape Dim iLink As Long Dim TOC As TableOfContents Dim TOF As TableO...

Resolution in Publisher
How can I increase the page resolution in Publisher. I am creating a brochure in Publisher, then open it in Adobe Photoshop to add text, but resolution is Publisher is only 150. Can I increase the resolution to 300 in Publisher? How can I increase the page resolution wrote: > How can I increase the page resolution in Publisher. I am creating a brochure > in Publisher, then open it in Adobe Photoshop to add text, but resolution is > Publisher is only 150. Can I increase the resolution to 300 in Publisher? Publisher doesn't have an internal resolution, it stores all objects a...

When Excel 2007 opens a xls file all links are changed
In my work environment we have one user who has just moved to Excel 2007 while everyone else is still using Excel 2003. When this person opens a 2003 .xls file that contains hyperlinks, all the hyperlinks, on all tabs, are changed. The following string is inserted into the front of the hyperlink string replacing the http://: file:///C:\users\frankp\Documents\Sharepoint Drafts (the original file was on a sharepoint fwiw) Is there some setting in excel 2007 that needs to be changed to eliminate this annoying behavior??? On Oct 5, 4:07=A0pm, John <jck.off...@gmail.com> wrote: > In m...

Importing other formats into Publisher
I need to import documents from non-windows and non-microsoft software into Publisher. I have tried using rtf files without much success. What foreign file formats can be imported into Publisher? John -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk Do you just need text or graphics are are you looking to maintain format as well? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher...

Graphics in Publisher
Good Day! I made a newsletter using Publisher, and then used that document as a template for the next newsletter edition. It seems as though my pub files are getting larger. I opened the Graphics manager, and it shows ALL the photos that I've ever insterted, even on old issues. How can I make those go away so my file size will be more reasonable? Thanks! Phil It is a major bug in Publisher that was not fixed. The picture files you delete are not deleted internally in the file, hence why your file gets obese. Only way is to upgrade to Publisher 2003. -- "If you don't kn...

How to Write XML document by reading .XSD File

How to generate link for situation below
We have users who travels to various sites and need access to site project folders. I need a way to : Create a collection of shortcuts to the various project servers\shares from the various site locations and place them in a folder that will be located on everyone's desktop. The access will be controlled by the group membership that they will already have by virtue of being assigned to that particular job to begin with. Any input will be appreciated. -- Dipti Hello Dipti, You can create shortcuts with a logon script for the user or depending on the O...

Archive
Hi, I'm trying to archive some calendar items and have found the archive settings for the folder. When I run the archive process the items are not moved from the calendar and the folder size is not reduced. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how to set this up so that items prior to a point in time can be moved off so that the size of my calendar folder doesn't reach the size limit of my over zealous exchange administrator. Cheers, Darren. Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to...

Uninstalling Publisher
I have uninstalled publisher 2002, and i am now looking for a way to free up the 399MB of HD space that publisher used. How do I do this? Do a defrag "John Marmolejo" <Daphatom@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:052201c3ab0c$e6b25530$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have uninstalled publisher 2002, and i am now looking > for a way to free up the 399MB of HD space that publisher > used. How do I do this? If you uninstalled Publisher 2002 you have that free space available - NOW. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and ...

Microsoft Publisher 2000
My computer crashed and since I had it fixed and tried to install MP2000 I was unable because of the CD Key Code, is there anything that can be done to use this product again? Thank You You will have to contact your local MS Office for a new key code. If this product came bundled with your computer you will have to contact the vendor of your computer. ...

software to allow 2007 documents to be read using 2003
I have installed the Microsoft software so that I can read MS word 2007 in MS office 2003. As soon as I loaded it, a warning came up to say my copy of Office 2003 was counterfeit. I loaded 2003 from a master disk and have the licence sticker and have been using it for 18 months without any problems, and receiving updates etc. It was registered correctly with Microsoft. Help please. ...

how to link mortgage account to checking account?
I just created a mortgage account in Money 2007 and setup all term parameters. I can't find a place that let me select the checking account from which the fund withdrew to make the monthly payment to the mortgage. How can I do that? In your Checking Account, when you make a payment for your mortgage, select the special category of "Loan Payment". The subcategory box will then list all of your loans, one of which will be your mortgage. - Merg -- Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet. <howardxian@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

Report Template Language Definition Documentation
Were I can purchase or obtain a copy of the "Official" Microsoft documentation which describes usage, syntax, etc. for the RMS Report Template Language Definition? It seems this information is extremely difficult to come by. Appreciate any leads or sources for this documentation. Thanks, Randy ...

deleting empty folders after archive
IS there a way to delete folders which are left empty after you perform an archive? I have approx 300 or so folders that are empty since my archive application completed but they still show up and there seems to be no way except one at a time to delete them. There should be a method to state if folder size = 0 then delete folder. Shane ...

How do I make the toolbar in my 'trial' of Publisher 2007 work?
nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create anything. not making me want to buy the full version. thanks to anyone who has any ideas. j jives wrote: > nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create > anything. not making me want to buy the full version. > thanks to anyone who has any ideas. > > j ======================= Maybe the tutorials at the following site will get you started: Publisher 2007 Creating a publication http://tinyurl.com/32ew4l -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP D...

Publisher 2003 & Acrobat Pro 7.0 Problem
After installing Acrobat 7.0 Professional, Publisher 2003 (with all updates), Publisher 2003 no longer displays embeded pictures in its documents. If Acrobat is removed pictures are displayed. Do you have the current update from Adobe? In Acrobat, help, about, it should say 7.0.3 http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JoeM" <JoeM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3877529E-BAA3-4BA4-BC8E-8867A10D6A09@microsoft.c...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...