Apply more than one master page

MS Office 2007 Small Business Publisher. XP Pro OS.
I have a 208 page instruction manual. I developed a master page with a
header, footer, page # of # to show automatic sequential pages, company logo,
etc. This master page is applied to page 2 through 208.
I developed other master pages that I want to apply to groups of pages
throughout the document. They contain graphic "tabs" that show up on the
vertical border of the document.
So as a result I would have the main master page set at 2-208, then another
master page set at page 2-9, another set at 10-16, another at 17-26, etc.
Is there any way to do this? If not, when MS finally gives us a TRUE update
for Publisher (like they did with '07 Excel, Word, etc) with fancy menus etc.
they could include this feature.
Any ideas?
0
Borny (1)

Sure, just apply the different Master Page to different ranges of
pages...select the page ranges on the bottom page tabs and apply Master Page
A or B or C or whatever you named them.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

"Borny" <Borny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MS Office 2007 Small Business Publisher. XP Pro OS.
> I have a 208 page instruction manual. I developed a master page with a
> header, footer, page # of # to show automatic sequential pages, company
> logo,
> etc. This master page is applied to page 2 through 208.
> I developed other master pages that I want to apply to groups of pages
> throughout the document. They contain graphic "tabs" that show up on the
> vertical border of the document.
> So as a result I would have the main master page set at 2-208, then
> another
> master page set at page 2-9, another set at 10-16, another at 17-26, etc.
> Is there any way to do this? If not, when MS finally gives us a TRUE
> update
> for Publisher (like they did with '07 Excel, Word, etc) with fancy menus
> etc.
> they could include this feature.
> Any ideas?

0
webmaster911 (1600)
2/19/2009 5:09:11 PM
Borny wrote:
> Is there any way to do this? If not, when MS finally gives us a TRUE update
> for Publisher (like they did with '07 Excel, Word, etc) with fancy menus etc.
> they could include this feature.

a) A "true" update and one that updates the UI are not the same thing.
You can completely change the menus of a product, going to "fancy menus"
without introducing any new functionality, and can revolutionalise
functionality without changing the UI much at all.
b) Any version that focused on fancy new menus would inevitably have
less development time available to focus on other new features.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

How do I apply a combo box to multiple cells in Excel so that it .
I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only want the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me some help on this matter? Thank you, Dwain Hi Dwain, Perhaps you are looking for Data Validation, available on the Data menu. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6939ADC2-CF1C-46AA-B163-BEE27E23356A@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only w...

Apply view to all folders
Greetings, A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in Outlook 2000. She woule like to create a custom view and then apply it to all folders automatically. I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis. Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one time? Thanks much, Justin You can't apply it to all at once - unless you customize the Messages view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

I have published a worksheet to the web and it works good but one problem please help
Hello I published a worksheet to the web. The address is http://www.inforamp.com/~kidd/html/pmcshop1.htm The problem is I want to get rid of the scroll bars and the top men bar so ONLY the worksheet is present. Can someone tell me what I did wrong You help is greatly appricated Pau -- kid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kidd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1579 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27378 ...

How do I alternate headers on facing pages?
This may have been answered before on this group, but a search of existing posts doesn't yield anything. I've been setting up a book to publish, a catalog really, based up the contents of a database. Publisher 2003 makes easy work of this, but I need to be able to add the author's name as a header for the odd numbered pages, and the the chapter title for the even numbered pages, and so far several purchases of books, and trips to the library has yielded nothing. Is publisher 2003 capable of doing this? This is so basic to book publishing that I'd be surprised if it doesn...

how can I get emails to more than one computer?
One computer running Outlook 2003 receives all messages from the two accounts I have setup. The new computer running Outlook 2007 only receives one of the accounts I have set up. I want both computers to receive all messages from both setup accounts. Thanks Stan Depends on the type of accounts, if pop mail you need to select the option to leave a copy on the server, on both PC's If the 2007 PC only resolves mail from a single account, and ignores the other, the account settings are incorrect and you should see an err msg when you test the accounts. BTW setting the option ...

view applied?
What does the following WLM beta message mean? View applied not connected to imap4.xxxxxx.co.uk I had already clicked on this account and a couple of emails were downloaded. ...

Page not found after installing FTP Server Service on MS CRM 1.2
I had installed MS CRM 1.2 successfully and had it running for the past few months. Yesterday, we installed the FTP Server Service for testing purposes. Now, when trying to access through IE, we receive the Under Construction Page (iisstart.htm) I went into IIS Administrator to check the obvious things (services running), removed the iisstart.htm, checked on Documents and added default.aspx. Now, when trying to access the server, we recieve the 404 error (page cannot be found). My guess is that when adding the FTP Server service, the Web Server got reinstalled. Is there any way how to...

one file opens multiple times simultaneously
Hi, Can you help me with a file problem I am having. The Problem: Any excel file when opened the excel program opens multiple copies of it. I am not sure why this is happening. There are no links; they are not templates, etc. For example: one workbook opens 9 of the same workbook. Weird. I appreciate any guidance you can give. Run an updated anti virus and repair or reinstall the application If you want the technical term: It could be any number of things A globally applied VBA could do this just as well as a virus You can find Detect and Repair under the Help Menu. This will ...

One additional discovery relating to this issue.
One additional bit of info - on advice of my mentor, I ditched the lookups in the table - he indicated that might be an issue. I then made lookups in the form itself, and I can see the lists - no problem there. But I still can't add a record (same error messages as below) - UNTIL I uncheck "enforce referential integrity" on the relationship line between tblBusiness & tblContact. I wish I wish I wish I could enforce referential integrity. Ideas? yes, you made a very wise move in removing the Lookup from tblContacts (if you've any remaining doubt, see http://www....

I've applied a Fill and now can't see the gridlines....
Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it can be done as I have done it before (by accident) Any help mostgratefully received! bestregards, Tim Apply borders... In article <62E1EA83-287A-4FE3-BEC6-7C0155EA1850@microsoft.com>, "FizzyBunghole" <FizzyBunghole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and > searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it c...

Sending more than 1 page in an email
I have created a 3 page newsletter and the mail program in Publisher only allows me to send 1 page. Is there a way to send all 3 in one email -- bob07 Send it as a PDF file. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here. There are others. Do a search. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bob07" <bob07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71DD3B01-048C-491B-9D93-D0ECF9214A54@microsoft.com... >I have created a 3 page newsletter and the mail program in Publisher o...

One Query as datasource??
I have three different tables that cannot be combined using a Union query due to efficiency. I would like to use a form to select the table or query to use and have one query that I can use as the primary datasource. Is this possible? If so, how? Have a form with two (three) subforms, each subform with data from one of the table. If there is no link between the data, have no parent-child link (or even have no table for the main form). Vanderghast, Access MVP "hshepardjr" <hshepardjr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9CB8EB1-C421-4927...

By VBA, How to know User has selected one or several entire rows orther than some c
By VBA, How to know User has selected one or several entire rows orthe than some cells -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi msgbox selection.rows.count -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Amolin >" <<Amolin.19tv0y@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Amolin.19tv0y@excelforum-nospam.com... > By VBA, How to know User has selected one or several entire rows orther > than some cells? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > To check that at least one entire row is selected, you can count the...

M2005 Cannot Apply Epayment To Invoice
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I create invoices for payments from customers. I have those = automatically charged to their bank accounts and credited to my bank = account. When the payments hit my bank account and are downloaded into = Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment For Invoice" and = then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice screen but a nice = little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says &qu...

Its a wild one, maybe.
Can i use an if statement to use a picture as a result -- comotoma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2729 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46830 Maybe... You may want to look at J.E. McGimpsey's routine: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html comotoman wrote: > > Can i use an if statement to use a picture as a result? > > -- > comotoman > ------------------------------------------------------------...

Cross Apply problem
How do I get the desired result for the following: SOURCE TABLE: USSoilLyr FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy 60 Alfisols ashy 57 Alfisols ashy 38 Alfisols clayey 85 Alfisols clayey 79 Andisols medial 50 Andisols medial 36 DESIRED RESULT (TARGET TABLE): T_Order FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy AVG(60+57+38) Alfisols clayey Avg(85+79) Andisols medial Avg(50+36) My T-SQL Code, as follows, returns wrong calculations when I manually check the results. UPDATE T_Order SET ...

Install V10 HR after applying service pack 3
I am currently on V10, SP3 and now have purchased the HR module. I am not sure of the steps I need to take to load the HR module (we have the V10 DVD that is not sp3) Are these my steps? 1. Load the HR module from V10 DVD on SQL Server install (I was told previously to use the Add/Remove programs option and change but it still asks for the DVD) 2. Do I need to reload SP3 on server install? 3. Then load the HR module (from V10 dvd) on additional workstations? If I have to re run the SP3 I am concerned it is going to take hours to complete like original instal of SP3 If anyone has a...

put calendar on two pages in publisher- calendar is 2 pages wide
When using publisher, I want to make a calendar that spreads across both pages. the templates only seem to allow me to put a calendar on one page. Is there a way to do this? thanks, Nancy J Are you creating a booklet? How are your pages setup? What size is your stock? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nancyj" <nancyj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F025D58-D86E-4CAA-BEAD-BB878FE6A40A@microsoft.com... > When using publisher, I want to make a calendar that spreads across both >...

Printer Friendly Email: Page Breaks
How do I insert a page break into the text of an email in Outlook Express 5? Any other tips on where to go to learn how to format email text using html? Thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpre...

installing new license over old one
My wife and I both have Ibooks. The newest version of Office 2004=20 doesn't let us use it at the same time (we're on an Airport network). = So,=20 I purchased the Student/Teacher version of Office 2004 to install on my=20 wife's computer since she's a teacher. When I install the S/T version, it runs through the installation, but=20 never changes the license - never asks for the new installation key=20 code. So, it doesn't solve the problem even though we now have two=20 legitimate versions. Do I have to remove all of the Office 2004 program and system files=20 from he...

Problem with web page created on the fly with VBScript
We have an internal web page that currently runs on a Windows 2003 SP1 server. The page calls a lot of VB scripts and everything works fine. We will soon have to move the web page to a new server running Windows 2003 SP2. I moved the code and set up a web server on the new box. When called from the server itself, the web page fucntions perfectly. However, when you access the web page from some other machine, the VB script fails saying it can't find wscript.exe. One odd thing though, is that I can get the page to work from the one individual in our department that is running Vi...

Apply Multicurrency Invoices in Bank Management
I oppened a ticket to know why I cant apply Multicurrency Invoices to payment transactions in Bank Managment as it is available in Payable Management. I've been suggested to post a suggestion for that. Simply, while doing a payment in Bank Management. If the Chequebook Currency is diffrenet than the invoices currencies that you are paying againist, then you can't apply these invoices. Thus, you cant see them in the remittance advice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestio...

unposted applied credits
how can list all unposted applied credits in AR. Thanks, Scott If you have SmartList Builder, you could use it to create a SmartList based on the Cash receipts work file. "Scott Rusoff" wrote: > how can list all unposted applied credits in AR. > > Thanks, > Scott > Create a report off RM10201 (RM Cash Receipts Work File). Add a restriction where Current Transaction Amount <> Original Transaction Amount. "Scott Rusoff" wrote: > how can list all unposted applied credits in AR. > > Thanks, > Scott > Which smartlist contains t...

Payables issue with Applied Payments and Void Check
Hi, We had a user a number of months ago apply a number of Credit Memos from a vendor to a large invoice while creating a check. Apparently the check was then void, without a normal check number leaving us with "REMIT0000000000xx" as the reference to it. We now have a situation where the large invoice and all of the credits are still showing in the system as open. The individual credit memos do not show as having amounts applied, but when we try to apply them we're told that the amount is already applied. Everything seems to be stuck in limbo, with no way to post to resol...

Print Set-up is using only 10% of Page
I have a large document I am trying to have print out. The data I am printing is forced into about 10% of the page -- in the upper left hand corner -- rather than using the entire space available on the page. As a result, the data is too small to read. I had this document set up to print the way I wanted it -- using the entire page, and then at some point it got corrupted and crammed into the upper left hand corner. This happens to me quite often on this machine and on others. Thanks for any help. Excel 2000, XP. I would guess that on "Page Setup", you have the scaling checke...