Anyway to repair corrupt Publisher 2007 file?

I've searched and can't find a solution.

Any ideas?
0
Katie (75)

How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us

Is your anti-virus software current?
An out-of-date antivirus program may cause errors when you try to open an Office
document or to start Outlook
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835404/en-us

Error message when you try to open a publication in Publisher: "Publisher cannot
open the file" or "Publisher has detected a problem"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've searched and can't find a solution.
>
> Any ideas?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

File extension (xlt) (xls)
I need to change a file name from C:\My Documents\MyTemplate.xlt to C:\My Documents\MyNewFile.xls (when file is open it no longer acts as a template with the automatic SaveAs. I want to do this from within Access2000 ...

imported calendar file, now Outlook not responding
I imported a calendar file (in Personal Folder File (.pst) format), and Outlook "froze up" while importing the file. Now I am unable to use Outlook becuase it opens then becomes "Not Responding." When I send the error report to Windows I get some message about WinFax Pro conflicting with Outlook. However I had opened and used Outlook many times before importing the calendar and got no message about WinFax Pro or freeze up problems (and I don't think I own WinFax Pro--though I do have Norton). I would be happy to "purge" the calendar if I could--but I tr...

How to Repair Loan Table and Payments
I am using Money 2004. I was making changes to my mortgage loan due to cost changes for my insurance. Somehow I "broke" the payment to my loan. Now all the payment goes to principal instead of being split between principal, interest and other fees. How do I fix this so my loan payment is connected to the amortization table and the principal payment is increased each payment? How do I edit the previous payments which were incorrect and show all payments going to principal? Thanks for the advice. David ...

Excel 2007 enable macro's
Hello, Is there a way to enable/allow macro's in specific excel files without to enable them every time when opening? I can lower the macro security, but then it would apply on each file. regards, Just Place the files in your "Trusted Publishers" list. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 3 Jul 2011 21:59:40 +0200, "Just Merks" <just.merks@xs4all.nl> wrote: >Hello, > >Is there a way to enable/allow macro's in specific excel files without to >enable them every time when opening? > >I can lower the macro security, but then it would...

Publisher 2003 freeze
When I use Publisher 2003 and no other programs are running, it freezes for a few seconds, frequently. After I close Publisher, all other programs start to do the same thing until I restart. Sometimes that doesn't work. I have all the latest updates. Any advice would be much appreciated. Could be your video/graphics driver. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this seems to solve your problem, go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated drive...

Can't start outlook 2007
Hi, I have office 2007 installed. I had around 7 profiles configured in outlook. No matter what profile I select, it takes way too long for outlook to start. I have removed the Messenger folder from the program files folder, disabled all the third party add-ins. Even after this the same behavior. Then I un-installed office and installed it again. Actually before installing it again I forgot to remove the folders in Application Data and Local Settings folders, registry settings and the profiles. But then I deleted it and tried creating new profile. I hung during creating new profile. E...

Sending jpg files
I installed sp2 a few days ago and had some problems so I uninstalled it. Since then, when I send pictures to someone they are not received as jpg files. They lack the jpg extension. If I manually add the extension in the pictures "properties" before sending it, it arrives with the extension .jpg[1] and still does not open properly. Any ideas on how to have this go out and arive as jpg files? Many thanks. DId you find out what the problem is cause i am having th esame trouble "James" wrote: > I installed sp2 a few days ago and had some problems so I &g...

can i create a guestbook using microsoft publisher?
I am trying to create a web page with a guestbook for visitors to sign. Can I create a guestbook using microsoft publisher 2007? Quicker answers may be found at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign ? "Jill B" <Jill B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED514120-CB19-4E64-9E0B-865140EB0B84@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a web page with a guestbook for visitors to sign. Can >I > create a guestbook using microsoft publisher 2007? Jill, No. A guestbook will require (at least in most cases) a database as well as either php or asp. Try www.sou...

Is my file corrupted?
We moved from an Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 file (we work on Office 2007 and were having compatibility issues). The file size doubled and some things became very slow. Pasting things took 5-10 seconds per cell. Pasting rows would cause the document to not respond and it'd have to be shut down. Is the file corrupt? What would cause this? One thing I would recommend to do is that once you open your (old) excel spreadsheet and click on " save as" and make sure to save it as a new office excel(new office 2007 format). Then make changes and see if the problem still pers...

Is there anyway to simplify the Deployment process?
Hello, I am looking for any best practices that will aid in deplyment of my application. My application has one SQL 2008 database. When I make changes and update/upgrade the schema, I need to track the changes and prepare a script to deliver to each of my Clients. They run the script and everything is wonderful again. However, the issue I have been facing is that different Users are at different levels of patches applied. So, for instance, User 1 may be running a version from last December, while User 2 is running a version from last Tuesday. When patches to the schema/stored pr...

Publisher 2000 #43
Having just cleaned my vista OS and started to re-load programmes, I realise that my copy of Publisher 2000 is an Upgrade which I loaded onto Publisher 97. Needless to say that has now gone. Is there anyway I can load 2000 again? I still have the ID for 97 setup. Has anybody out there got an old copy they no longer require. You need the disks for a qualifying product if you really want to use that software. (My suggestion: Do yourself a favor - get a newer version.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Sapp...

not publishing
Why aren't my pages publishing ? My home page ( which has changes) always stays the same. Have you cleared the browser cache (temporary internet files for IE)? Does your ISP or host use a proxy server that caches old pages for a while? (AOL used to cache pages for up to 48 hours) Are you publishing to the correct location? Can you give a link to a page and also post some of the new content on that page so we can check if it is displaying for other people? Have you opened the remote site in FrontPage and checked the pages in FrontPage? -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP ...

Migrated calendars permissions corrupt (2003 Server)
The following errors represent the behavior we are seeing and although EXCDO 8732 offers a method for resolution my question is if there is not a way to reset the permissions of the calendar objects for each user Event Type: Warnin Event Source: EXCD Event Category: General Event ID: 823 Date: 2/24/200 Time: 8:40:53 A User: N/ Computer: BRAV Description Calendaring agent failed with error 0x80040219 while attempting to open the status message. If the user is a delegate, the access rights to the mailbox might not be set up correctly. Otherwise, the calendar for this mailbox could be corrup...

Clipart in Publisher 2000
I am unable to insert the programs clipart. I can insert clipart from a file but not from the programs clipart. Ift gives me an error MSPUB caused an invalid page fault in module RPCRt4.DLL at 017f:7fbd 094. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program several times. Any ideas???? Try renaming that file to rpcrt4.old and replacing it with the file at http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?rpcrt4. It's part of Windows, not Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Debbie GUmp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

How do I create a school directory in Publisher 2000?
I am trying to create a school directory listing all families in our school, sort of like an address book. I would like to use the mail merge feature, but can't figure out how to make the merge work. Every time I merge (whether in the preview or actual printing) it prints the first listing in the database over and over, so that the first family is the only family in the directory and none of the other families are included. The second copy contains only the family listed second in my database, and so on. Please help! You can setup your page as if they were labels. Determine how...

Forms Cache corruption question
I know how to clear the cache using the menus and how to delete the frmcache.dat file when Outlook is not open... My question is: Does anybody know ***why*** this is happening? Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003, etc. ...

Error in a large excel File
I have two files i use a formula and count some informaton. Since i made some more entires it show the error message in the attachement What can that be it is a lrge file about 8000 lines with 24 collums. but is this to large ? Formula =COUNTIF(DATA!$F$2:$F$8469;(B48&"x"&C48)) in the Cell DATA$F$2:$F$8469 is this formula =IF('E:\Documents and Settings\RS\My Documents\Inventory\[Timberstocklistactually test4.xls]INVENTORY'!U2=$E$1;IF('E:\Documents and Settings\RS\My Documents\Inventory\[Timberstocklistactually test4.xls]INVENTORY'!T2=0;'E:\Docume...

Autonumber restarting after compact and repair
Hello, Here is my situation. I have table A that has the field ID as the first field. The field ID is the AutoNumber and it is a primary key. Table A also has several fields in the table (name, date,shipping date......) The table A has 2000 records. Today, I worked in table A and removed some records.... Then I compact and repaired the database. Now when adding new data into the table A, the field ID did not start at 2001. It started at (I think) the first missing number in the sequence. Also when I append the new data to the table A, all the weird things happen. For ins...

Anyway to transfer Money to a new computer?
I purchased and downloaded Money 2007 Home and Business some time ago. I now have a new laptop, and have learned that I can no longer download the product (time has passed). My old system is still operational -- is there any way for me to transfer the application? Does Microsoft expect us to re-purchase with each new system? (lame) "kjcb" <kjcb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61FB8109-5199-467D-A7DB-A971FCB5F671@microsoft.com... >I purchased and downloaded Money 2007 Home and Business some time ago. I >now > have a new laptop, and have learned...

2007: Opening an Address Book...
....so its contents can be displayed. How does one do this? Thanks, —Thri The first thing you do is post a question with enough clarity and detail that someone can figure out what you're asking. Outlook does not even have an address book so your post requires considerable clarification. -- Russ Valentine "thricipio" <thricipio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3BEEC61-DABE-4E81-B26A-F111B3DBD1AC@microsoft.com... > ...so its contents can be displayed. How does one do this? > Thanks, > —Thri > > Thanks for the respo...

Publisher 2002 deluxe won't install in 98 after being un-installe.
I was having problems with MSPUB 2002 deluxe. I un-installed the software. When I tried to re-install I had an error that required me to run 0ainst.exe. I ran the install program again. After this I was un-able to find MSPUB on the start menu. and the cd hasn't created a PUB directory nestd in MSoffice. during one of the un-install/install session I had the program install in a new subdirectory. Whne I looked atits contents there were a large number of MSPUB files but no MSPUB.exe, it did look like there were some un-exploded files like MSPUB.~~e. There are links to other troublesh...

Outlook Express 6 File attachment security.
I have Outlook express 6 and can't receive attachments because of the "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" check box is selected. How can I turn this off if the tick box is greyed out. Please can you help Regards Jonathan Pearson This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://suppo...

Publisher Trial
Anyone know where i can find a copy of publisher 2000 trial? Jerry Not any longer. You're a couple of years too late for that. Is there a reason you want Pub 2000 rather than a newer version? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jerry" <noemail> wrote in message news:%23PaWUXeQEHA.1644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Anyone know where i can find a copy of publisher 2000 trial? > > > Jerry > > Not any longer. You're a couple of years too late for that. Is there a reason you want Pub 2000 rather than a newer version? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Micr...

File extensions
I keep getting messages in Outlook Express when I have received an attachment file (pdf) that it has no associated program i.e adobe. I have to save the file on my desk top and then the extension is recognized. How can I fix this? I am sure that this used to work before. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://www.insideoe.com/...

Compile: File Not Found
HELP! I don't know what happened. I was just doing basic cleanup of forms and reports. Now any event that fires gives me an error - all based on "File Not Found". (ex On Load you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: File Not Found"). I have done Compact/Repair. Also when I compiled the code I get a "File Not Found" error. Does anybody have any ideas? I dont know what I did - things were working just fine then all of a sudden this issue - I was not modifying/adding any code. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmons...