Anyway to open 02 files with 2000 version

I have purchased some marketing materials which contain
many files created by Publisher 2002 version.  My 2000
version is unable to open them.  Is there anything I can
do to open them besides buying a newer version?

Sweet talk someone with 2002 to save them as a 2000 file.

--

JoAnn

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on
your computer.
--Bruce Graham

"Jason Hamilton" <j.hamilton1@lycos.com> wrote in message
> I have purchased some marketing materials which contain
> many files created by Publisher 2002 version.  My 2000
> version is unable to open them.  Is there anything I can
> do to open them besides buying a newer version?

0
jl_amerson (3088)

how do i setup excel to use separate instances for each file open.
Whenever I open a document in MS Word, it 'acts' like a new program for each file open. This is relevant because I have mulitple monitors and can have two or more active documents and see them side by side. Excel however opens each file into one program and does not allow simultaneous viewing of more than one book/sheet/etc... Is there an option embedded somewhere that will allow this?..or what?... I'm open to suggestions. uhh...I figured it out... Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications "roomi" wrote: > Whenever I open a document in MS Word, it '...

Open a excel workbook always on the same sheet
I want to have a excel workbook open up everytime on a particular sheet. This is irrespective of which sheet i had last accessed and saved the file. However, when i reopen the file anytime, it must open up on sheet 1 (for e.g.) Can anyone help plz regards Nikhil Use the Workbook_Open() event to deal with this. You can use a command like Worksheets(1).Activate or Worksheets("name on sheet tab").Activate The code has to go into the 'ThisWorkbook' object's code module. Open the workbook and press [Alt]+[F11] to open the VB Editor. Press [Ctrl]+[R] ...

Open in Form view, limit access to design view,shift key to open.
I have a data base that opens directly into a FORM that looks similar to - but is not a switchboard. It requires that you hold down the shift key, when clicking to open the folder to access the design view and do any build. How did she set this up? mcjohn wrote: > I have a data base that opens directly into a FORM that looks similar > to - but is not a switchboard. It requires that you hold down the > shift key, when clicking to open the folder to access the design view > and do any build. How did she set this up? She probably spent some time in the hlep file. Tools -...

program doesnt open....at ALL!
Sometimes when I go to open the outlook program (2000), the program completely refuses to open. I try opening through several means. task manager, toolbar shortcut, etc. and the result is the same. sometimes, after i repeatedly click on the toolbar shortcut (approx 20-30 times) the program responds. usually opening up around 10 differnet windows. othertimes, after i patiently wait - 20-30 min or so, the program finally just opens itself! has this happened /does this happen to anyone else and what is the probelm associated with this? thx in advance for the help js ...

dbx files. How to open?
I wanted to look at a dbx file and do not now what programme is associated with it in order to open the file? Blair "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23JTZhB4iKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I wanted to look at a dbx file and do not now what programme is associated with >it in order to open the file? > Blair > http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm#userfiles If you want to see/read/save any messages without using OE: http://www.mitec.cz/mailview.html -- Brian A. Sesko Conflicts start where information lacks. http://bas...

Money 2002 no longer opens
I recently reinstalled Windows XP. Instead of installing the entire Works Suite 2002, I only installed a few individual components separately. Money 2002 worked fine for a while, but for the past week or so it refuses to open. Instead I get a window with the following message: "Cannot display the End User License Agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application. To display the agreement, reinstall the application." I have reinstalled the application several times and I've now uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times as well. ...

stop excel 2002 from opening a new workbook each time a new spreadsheet is opened
I can not figure out how to just have one instance of excel opened and then open a new spreadsheet and not have it open a new workbook and fill up my start bar with multiple instances of excel Can anyone help me out with this I would like to just be able to open excel and have only one instance of excel in the start bar even if I start a new workbook or open other exsisting workbooks I am using excel 2002 (XP) with windows XP pro Thanks in advance If you have "Windows in Taskbar" selected under Tools, Options, View it may look like multiple instances. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

My file crashed
I had an excel 2002 file that crashed, and lost all formatting. Brought it back up with OpenOffice.Org, but still don't have all formatting. Critical component to workbook are checkboxes needed to compute budget; any ideas on how to create these? Did you try the Open and Repair option in Excel 2002 first? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) -----------------...

Shared Excel file #2
One of my users can not open a shared excel 2000 file. Everyone else has no problems opening the file. When the use opens the file it frezzes excel. There are no errors. Thanks for any help. ...

Table Open Error
I am running Great Plains Ver 6.0. I installed a new client but when they print a report from an open table, they get "An open operator on table GL_Account_MSTR has an incorrect number of keys" Then I get a second window that says "Table Open Error". Other users work fine. I tried copying the Dynamics.set file, but the same error. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you Rich It sounds to me like your Dynamics.dic dictionary has not been properly synchronised with your account framework and additional sorts. You can change the Synchronize=FALSE to Synchroni...

running macro when workbook is openned
I have the following macro it should run when the workbook is opened. I keep getting an error message. Any ideas. Isthere something that is missing Option Explicit Sub Update() With Sheet5 ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.EnableEvents = False If UserForm4.CheckBox60.Value = True Then Sheet5.ComboBox3.Visible = True Sheet5.Label5.Visible = True Sheet5.TextBox29.Visible = True Sheet6.ComboBox3.Visible = True Else UserForm4.CheckBox60.Value = False Sheet5.ComboBox3.Visible = False Sheet5.Label5.Visible = False Sheet5.TextBox29.Visible = False Sheet6.ComboBox3.Visible = F...

open email pics with Mircosoft player instead of Adobe.
It use to be when I open a picture in an email, it would open with Microsoft and and i could look through all the pics if there were more than one. Now when I open a pic in may outlook 2003, my Adobe program opens and I have to view it in adobe and with each pic it re-opens adobe, a pain because it takes 5-10 seconds for adobe to open for each pic. not sure what setting was changed but how do I make media player my default instead of adobe with outlook 2003? Help please R-click on on of the pictures that you save to the Desktop, select Open with, Choose, and then tick t...

MDE 02-29-08
Everytime I try to make an MDE file, Access stops responding. Any thoughts? The first step in creating an MDE is to make sure all the code is compiled. Open the database exclusively. With the database open press Ctrl + G. When the Microsoft Visual Basic window opens go to Debug on the menu. If Compile is grayed out, that means it's compiled already and there's some other problem. If it isn't grayed out but won't compile, you need to fix the problem code then compile. After it's compiled, try making the MDE again. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Stron...

How do I view the content of my opened worksheet
Dear all, I have a problem a colleague submitted to me concerning an Excel worksheet; this worksheet opens with Excel but nothing is displayed (only a grey background) but you can see the name of the file on top of the Excel windows, showing that the file is opened. Using an importation with Access convinced me that the data are ok in the worksheet. This leads me to conclude that there is something (may a macro) that hides automatically the content of the worksheet once it ends up opening. Please help me asap, as we need this worksheet for end of year closing works. Many thanks in a...

Is there anyway to simplify the Deployment process?
Hello, I am looking for any best practices that will aid in deplyment of my application. My application has one SQL 2008 database. When I make changes and update/upgrade the schema, I need to track the changes and prepare a script to deliver to each of my Clients. They run the script and everything is wonderful again. However, the issue I have been facing is that different Users are at different levels of patches applied. So, for instance, User 1 may be running a version from last December, while User 2 is running a version from last Tuesday. When patches to the schema/stored pr...

Excel 2000
In Excel 2000, can you define rows and columns as fixed heights and widths in centimetres for printing purposes? i.e. I have formatted stationery that will be printed to from Excel and this expects cell widths/heights to remain unchanged. So far, when amending cell properties, I am not being given cm as an option. Cheers Mark Try to format your excel file to match the formatted stationery by trials until you get a perfect print. This should be ok considering the fact that it will be a one time exercise. Thanks KB Excel friggin sucks for printing; I reccomend looking at Access Reports...

cash drawr not openeing
hey everyone, we are using Star TSP700 printer with our cash drawer. we have four stations. on 3 of them cash drawer pops up after every transaction. on one of them it dosent. we are not using OPOS driver on any of our machine. the driver we are using is Star TSP700 Raster Printer driver. is there anything i am missing in registry thats causing this problem. i have tried to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver it works fine. i have also checked the hardware that is cable and cashdrawer with other machines and they work fine too . its only one lane on which cash drawer dose...

Report Output 02-27-08
Hi, I have a created a check box (on the table, query & form). The box will indicate that a number enter in another field is a place holder. When I run the report for that field I want the number (font) to be red IF the box has been checked. How do I link the checkbox to the field in the report??? Thanks, Jeff Assuming the check box is a field in your table and not just in your form: We'll call it 'MyCheck' and your other field MyNumber In the On Format Event of the section that contains the number field type If Me.MyCheck = True Then Me.MyNumber.ForeColor = 255 Els...

Updating Files
Hi. I have a quick question about updating file. I have a workbook which has links to other workbooks. When I open the main workbook it asks me if I want to update the links. Can anyone tell me if the other workbooks have to be open in order for the updates to take place or if it will find the data without opening the other workbooks. Thanks. Liz. No, the "sending" workbooks don't have to be open. But if you have lots of links, you may find it faster to open those sending workbooks first. You can do a few experiments to test. BoRed79 wrote: &g...

Pivot Table Readibility by other Excel versions
I am using Excel 2000 and have created Pivot tables separate from the main Pivot table source. Only users with Excel 2000 - OS XP can operate the pivot table. All other users receive an error stating cannot find source data. Under Wizard/Options - I have checked the box for "Save data w/table layout" but still this enables only the users with XP or Excel 2002 to operate the pivot tables/charts. Should I be saving the files in some type of format? ...

importing Excel file into Outlook Contacts
I am trying to import an Excel file into Outlook 2002. I did this successfully 1 time but now when I get to the "Import a File" - "The following actions will be performed" dialoge box, I can not change the file to the new file I want to import. The first one I Imported continues to be listed and I can't get rid of it. What should I do??? I experienced the same and the problem was solved when I reboot... You have to reboot... >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import an Excel file into Outlook 2002. I >did this successfully 1 time but now...

ESM error stating that mapi32.dll is the wrong version
Hi, Problem solving a failed Exhange 2000 SP3 server, I had to install IIS and Reinstall Exchange. Copied back ofline backup and all seemed Okay. Nagging problem. Everytime I start ESM, I get a message that mapi32.dll is the wrong version. (Note: it is the Exchange sp3 version....) I have done a bit (lot) of reading on this and it tends to relate to putting Outlook on the same machine. Office\Outlook is not installed (not sure but doubt it ever has). All stated fixes are for restoring the Outlook version (mapifix.exe). I want to get ESm working. Note; ESM continues to load if o...

File will not open
I am suddenly having difficulty opening an excel file in Windows ME. It gets to the point where it is almost open when the dreaded black screen appears. Other excel files give no problem opening. The problem file is 56mb in size, I cannot remember, what is the limit an excel file can be? The same file is also contained on another computer running WindowsXP and will open ok. Any thoughts to what might be the problem? Thankyou in advance Pat ...

Mail link opening two browser windows
My problem started when Outlook 2003 began opening a "Locate Link Browser" box when I would click on an email link in Outlook. I thought it logical to direct it to IE. This worked, but now *two* browser windows open every time I click on a link in email. Nearly an hour with Google showed me several suggested going to Control Panel/Folder Options/File Types and unchecking Use DDE in various different file types. I tried them all and nothing worked. I did notice, though, that after going back to check things out, the Use DDE check boxes are checked as if I had made no changes. I...

Edit Links to Files Powerpoint 2007
I have a couple of Powerpoint presentations with graphs where the data is linked to an Excel spreadsheet. At one point when I opened the presentation I received a message (Microsoft Office Powerpoint Security Notice) asking if I want to update the links. Now however, not only do I not receive the message allowing me to update the links, but the Edit Links to files option has disappeared from my Office menu. I can update the graphs by opening each one individually (if the Excel file is open) but I have a few hundred slide to update on a regular basis and would like to have it auto...