Announcement Coming: Holiday Card Contest 2003

Keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming details and full
announcement for the 2nd Annual Microsoft Publisher
Holiday Greeting Card contest!

Stay tuned........

Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.kvalheim.org
0
publisher (1245)

Outlook 2003
I recently installed Outlook 2003, updated it and started using it. Initially, the email, once selected, would go to the Junk email folder. [I have Junk Email Options set to High.] Now, for some reason, Outlook 2003 has stopped sending the junk email to the Junk Email folder when the email has been selected. The question is: How to 'reset' Outlook 2003 so that A) an email automatically goes to the Junk Email folder IF it's "junk email" OR B) an email goes to the Junk Email folder WHEN it's selected. Ultimately, I'm interested in 'fine tuning'...

Migrate from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
I use the Swing Server method - a new server is installed. I have Windows 2003 server installed to the same domain, and Exchange 2003 joined to the same Site. Everything seems ok. I create a new user, and then move the mailbox from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 server. Log on to a workstation with the new user, try to send a email, "operation failed", or try a create a calender items, "no permission". Can anyone knows what 's the problem. Help! Help! Help! Further finidngs: Any new user account that has set the mailbox to the new Exchange 2003 Server has no pe...

Exchange 2003 Rules
How do you create a rule on the Exchange 2k3 server that will move any message with the text "[spam]" in the subject line to the Junk Mail folder of the recipients mailbox without creating an Outlook Rule at every desktop? There is an application named SpamMover: http://www.ivasoft.biz/spammover.html that could help. -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer www.ivasoft.biz "IT" <LCEC_IT@hotmail.com> wrote: news:0db601c3df93$3e967460$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you create a rule on the Exchange 2k3 server that > will move any message with the ...

Utilities
Hi to all, I decided to publish some of my small tools (for free). They are collected at http://www.prosource.de/Downloads/utilities_en.html I use them for my daily work, may be others find them useful too. They are somewhat programmer centric (especially regarding their GUI :-)) At the moment only a color selector tool is there, but more will follow. Its rather tedious to write a meaningful description, so be patient with me :-) -- Ulrich Korndoerfer VB tips, helpers, solutions -> http://www.proSource.de/Downloads/ ...

Put reply above quote, signature below quote
Dear Outlook 2003 experts, Outlook 2003 does not handle placements of signatures and quotes well, in my opinion. No problem for new email messages. However, for replies and forwards the placement is not what I want and there seems to be no easy solution. What I want on reply/forward is: 1) Start my reply above the quote, and 2) Place my signature below the quote (eg: bottom of message) Other email programs like Thunderbird do this easily. I would appreciate any tips or pointers on how to accomplish this. Thank you all in advance... You could try this freeward add-in: http://home.in....

Lost Address Card Headings
I have a Windows Mobile PDA. I had it set up to sync to Outlook. I reinstalled Windows on the computor, and then Activesync. I replaced the Outlook data file so I had all my contacts back, then synced my PDA. It updated all contacts, and afterwards the headings in the Address Cards view are blank. If I look in catagory view, there is nothing in any of the "File As" fields. But if I open individual address cards the "File As" field is not blank. Ken If you open and save one of these Contacts does it then appear correctly? How did you "replace" your Outlook D...

Use critical package which comes from Microsoft
--fdiqopamjbf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zlzovzablt"; type="multipart/alternative" --zlzovzablt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fjyfziqjplczoe" --fjyfziqjplczoe Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain the sec...

Announce: Winmail Opener 1.3
We are pleased to announce that the Winmail Opener 1.3 is now available. Winmail Opener is a small and simple utility that allows you to view and extract contents of TNEF-encoded messages (infamous winmail.dat). Winmail Opener features: * Winmail Opener is absolutely free - no nag screens, no ads, no spyware, no time limit. * Supports RTF message text. * You can drag-and-drop TNEF-encoded files into Winmail Opener for opening them. * You can work with enclosed attachments as they are usual files on your disk: open, print, save, drag-and-drop them from Winmail Opener. * Supports command line...

Exchange 2003 : User rights issue.
Dear all, We just found out that other user can view other user's folder without the need to login to the other user's logon. In other words, User A can view User B folder from Outlook without the need to login to User B account. This seems a security issue. I notice that under the "Mailbox Rights" for all the users, "Everyone" have "Read permission". How do disallow this without going to each of the user's mailbox and change the rights ? Is the "Mailbox Rights" (under the Exchange Advanced tab) having the same user rights as the &quo...

Outlook 2003 notes scrolling
Is there any way to get Outlook 2003 Notes to have scroll bars or scroll in response to the mouse wheel? Nope, not possible -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Ric" <riiiiiic@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23TWMxe$cEHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to get Outlook 2003 Notes to have scroll bars or scroll > in > response to the mouse wheel? > > ...

2003 exchange standard edition
I have a 2003 domain controller with exchange 2003/one storage group/store. I want to setup a mailbox management policy to manage the users folders. I have done this before with enterprise edition but a different way than I am trying now. I setup the policy to find any exchange user with the word 'Limits' set as their number 1 extened attribute. When I setup the policy the find now feature finds my one test user but when I run mailbox management it runs against everyone on that server/store. In the policy I did not specify a server/storeage group. And when I test the policy it fi...

Excel 2003 #2
Our company has just upgraded us to XP, along with that we now are usin Office 2003. I like some of the new Excel error tracking, but am havin recurring problems with a couple of other aspects. The first is - having set the toolbars with all the things I like t have to hand - when opening some sheets I suddenly get WEB an REVIEWING toolbars popping up - not only do these reduce the amount o screen when closing said sheets they remain - WHY DO THEY APPEAR? If right click and uncheck the box they go, but not permanently. The other annoyance is I use CTRL+INSERT to copy then ENTER to past af...

Online Backup Problem of Exchange 2003
Dear All, We are facing problem for taking an online backup of Exchange 2003 through NTBackup. Below is the error we are getting when backuping exchange: The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-' The operation was ended. As per the below link that state that if upgrade the excha...

Reconciling Credit Cards
I'm having a difficult time reconcileing the credits card and debit card transactions for the end of the month. Is there a way for RMS to produce a report listing what type of card was used? I know on the settlement screan, it lists the type of card(visa, amex) but is there a way for the EDC captured report to list this information? That report is under Reports, Miscellaneous, Tender Summary. There is also a custom report on MSFT RMS website for Tender Summary that also list the transaction#. Another one is unde Reports, Miscellaneous, Electronic Draft Captured Detaild. You can ...

Windows 2003: Issue user certificate on behalf of a user
Hi there, I'm working on an application where we are going to use User Principal Name Mapping (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb742438.aspx) to map incoming requests on our application to windows accounts. From what I understand, this will require user certificates issued by a CA within the domain. I've got a test Windows 2003 R2 domain up and running and have the CA running as well. What I can't figure out is how to issue a certificate for a user without logging in as that user and using the web enrollment app. Is there any way for a domai...

Announcing birthday
Please help, I want formula to announce birthday in 10-1 days before event. Some kind if formula: =if (someone birthday is in (10 to 1 days) before today() , �birthday�, � �) Thanks for any help Krzys -- Krzys ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Krzys's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18404 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385833 Assuming the names and dates are in a table M1:N20 Put all the names in A1:A20, and in B1 add = IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,$M$1:$N$20,2,False))."&qu...

Outllok 2003 reading emails very slow!
Hi all, I am using outlook 2003 with the office basic edition. Every time I work with outlook 2003 it takes minutes until the program starts. Outlook takes a while (1 or 2 minutes) until loading the today homepage. It take also very long when I close outlook. I changed the preferences and I have deactivated the today homepage. Now it starts very quickly, but it takes again minutes when I try to open a email. The messenger link is deaktivated and I don't have any speech packages installed. I am totally desperated. Can someone help me? Regards Marc -- Message posted via http://ww...

Moving Email message from Office 2000 to Office 2003
I have a desk top PC with Windows 98SE and using Office 2000. I backup all my data including “Favourites”, Email messages (Outlook.pst) and Email addresses to a Lacie external removable disk. I now have a Toshiba Lap Top with Windows XP and using Office 2003. I can access the Lacie external removable disk from the Lap Top and I want to migrate, “Favourites”, Email messages (Outlook.pst) and Email addresses. Is the migration possible? Do I use “Copy & Paste” and to which to folder do I migrate them? Are there special procedures to be adopted? -- Ed Ed Koeppen <ed@discussions.mi...

Visio 2003: DGW Conversion Error
Hi, When I Insert an AutoCAD (2002) drawing into Visio 2003 (there is no problem) and attempt to convert it to Visio drawing, Visio stops responding. No error message. Just hangs. I have applied following article but no result. Visio2002: Visio Stops Responding When You Convert an AutoCAD Drawing http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299215 By the way, this article not suitable for Visio 2K3 also there is no article such as above for Visio 2K3 in KB. I've installed SP1 for Visio 2003, result was negative. What should I do? Thanks in advance. Erhan Dolek ...

Email from Access 2003
I have been trying to send a reminder message to customers via email from Access. The code I'm using is written below, but as You can probably see, I'm a novice - self taught. Have tried the query name & feild name ie; Qry_FilterReminder.Email & Also [Qry_FilterReminder].[Email] but neither work. Also as is written, Me.Email, but that cant find the feild. Have both Outlook & Outlook Express on the system, prefer to use Outlook Express. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers BigMick Private Sub FilterReminder_Click() On Error GoTo ProcError Dim stDocName ...

Watch internet patch that comes from the Microsoft
--snhozjubo Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jwcpolsh"; type="multipart/alternative" --jwcpolsh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="muzlfwxlptznl" --muzlfwxlptznl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your co...

External Messages not being delivered after upgrade to 2003
Greetings all: This past weekend we performed an upgrade from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003, Exchange was also upgraded from 2000 to 2003. Everything went well but now a few days into the new system we are finding some people from outside are unable to send emails to us. Messages from these contacts used to reach their internal recipient just fine under Ex2000. What should I be doing to log and monitor incoming and outgoing messages, and also what should I be looking for as a red flag for something being wrong. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards, Patrick ...

Can exchange 4.0 support outlook 2003?
I use outlook 2000 as a client , exchange 4.0 is my server. now I update outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. i can not check my name,it says 'choice criterion is too complex ..' My outlook 2003 is fine, i can use it as a client of exchange 2000. thanks for any help. You'll probably struggle to find anyone who's got an Exchange 4.0 server around for testing with. I can't confirm whether what you're seeing is a problem or not. You really need to move away from Exchange 4.0 - that's over 7 years old now! Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 4.0 is a bit like bolting a Roll...

Credit Cards Information Report
Hello i have a customer he is asking about detailed report for all of the credit cards information from the HQ ? -- Moh''D Abdel-Hadi Exhortech Business Solutions HI Mohd, It depends on how you setup your POS/Stores normally the CC information saved as XXXXXX9348 like that. and is avaialble in TenderEntry table. you can develop your own report in Active report with file name .grp and have this enable by you will not get what you need and I think it is not good idea to have complete credit card information printed. Check with your store setup what you have setup for Credit Car...

Using Outlook 2007, where are my old emails stored in Outlook 2003?
I have bought a new computer which has Outlook 2007. My previous computer uses Outlook 2003. I would like to keep and possibly 'transfer' the old (stored) emails from my previous computer onto my new computer so that if need be, I can view them again. Where should I look in the 2003 version and which file should I copy? I think I recall being told several years ago that Outlook stores Contacts in a file ending with .pst but I am not sure about the extension of the file which stores the emails. I do not necessarily want to replace my current (Outlook 2007) emails and folders wit...