Animations in emails?

Hi,

Is it possible to include animations in a page in publisher which I'm
sending directly by email (not as an attachment), i.e. will the animations be
animated or will they remain static?

Thanks

Did you think to email it to yourself and see what the answer is?

That's the short answer, the long answer is that animated gifs are supported
in html. The Send as mail feature turns the page into an html mail message.
But how that message is received depends on the recievers email client and
it's support of html and images (static or otherwise).

--
David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
http://www.publishermvps.com

"Kevin Feallaire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to include animations in a page in publisher which I'm
> sending directly by email (not as an attachment), i.e. will the animations be
> animated or will they remain static?
>
> Thanks
According to the troubleshooter, if you send a page as an email any animated
gifs remain static. Is there any other format of animation available for
download which I could use instead?

"David Bartosik" wrote:

> Did you think to email it to yourself and see what the answer is?
>
> That's the short answer, the long answer is that animated gifs are supported
> in html. The Send as mail feature turns the page into an html mail message.
> But how that message is received depends on the recievers email client and
> it's support of html and images (static or otherwise).
>
> --
> David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
> http://www.publishermvps.com
> http://www.davidbartosik.com
>

> "Kevin Feallaire" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to include animations in a page in publisher which I'm
> > sending directly by email (not as an attachment), i.e. will the animations be
> > animated or will they remain static?
> >
> > Thanks

Missing Email..
From what I can figure some emails went MIA. Our CFO called into the helpdesk saying he did not get an email from the bank that he gets everymorning... Long story short did some investigating --- ESM messaging tracking, our mail filtering/queing service and he log on our exchange box. What i see is that the logs show the email comming in to the excahnge box but message tracking never shows them in ESM. I would assume that this mean the messages came into the SMTP engine but for some reason never made it to the database or mailbox. Any thought or ideas? We are worried that this same t...

emails #16
how do i send a email when there is no button that says send???on my new Outlook 2003 system?? Gail Have you configured an account to use Outlook with? -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Gail" wrote: > how do i send a email when there is no button that says send???on my new > Outlook 2003 system?? > > Gail ...

Animated chart
Jon Peltier recently posted an article called "Gas Price Interactive Time Series" on his blog. Can anyone please explain how the animation works? The chart plots the data in the first two rows of the data sheet. The scroll bar under the chart is linked to cell A1 in the data sheet. This corresponds to the row of the data list which is listed in row 2 of the data sheet and plotted in the chart. The first row of the data sheet contains series names, which do not change. The second row extracts the values from the proper row using this formula: cell B2: =INDEX(B$9:B$808,$A$1) ...

Submit button to email for request form to be approved/denied
Hello everyone, I sent a message earlier about the submit button in access. What I have designed is a form that a user can go into and enter information then once they hit the submit button it will go to the specified email address but I don't particularly know how to code it. The way it is designed I think I would have to have different forms so that the user can submit it then it will go to another form. The approving parties will approve or deny the request then submit the information back, then that email will shoot back to the user who requested approval. Can anyone help me on...

Sending emails on behalf of someone without their knowledge?
Exchange 2000 SP3 If I send an email with a dns error (wrong spelling of top level domain) i.e. you@somewhere.co It will come back as NDR and give me the option to send again. If I choose to resend it and am able to select any name from GAL and have that displayed in the from field. How can I disable this? TIA On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:18:37 -0400, "JN" <jnsimex@rogers.com> wrote: >Exchange 2000 SP3 > >If I send an email with a dns error (wrong spelling of top level domain) >i.e. you@somewhere.co > >It will come back as NDR and give me the option t...

animation in outlook 2000
I receive mail all the time that has anmatied art in it. Each tiem i attemp to send an email messge by inserting an anmited clip the clip becomes a still picture. What meus be done to maintina the animation? Set your email format to HTML. (Tools | Options | Mail Format) Open a new message. Click in the body of the message. Select INSERT from the menu Select PICTURE... Browse to an animated jpg or gif file and select it or Set your email format to HTML (Tools | Options | Mail Format) Open a new message Click in the body of the message Find an animated picture on a web site or suc...

Case Email
Hello. I built a worflow to send an email to the contact when a case is created. How I can change the FROM address email for this email. I want that the customer see support@company.com and not the Owner email. Any Idea? Thanks, Sophie ...

Retaining Copies of Emails
I'm interested to know if anyone knows a way that when you send emails that only the copies you want to retain in folders are kept and the original is not kept in the "sent folder? "=?Utf-8?B?UmV0YWluaW5nIEVtYWlscw==?=" <Retaining Emails@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9695EAC5-7F69-4AF6-889F-B56A27C435EB@microsoft.com: > I'm interested to know if anyone knows a way that when you send emails > that only the copies you want to retain in folders are kept and the > original is not kept in the "sent folder? One way would be to turn off keep...

No mail to the other emails
There's 1 exchange 5.5 sp4 server for 2 very small companies with 2 different internet domain names which was working without any problems. i removed all user accounts and mailboxs i also removed their settings because they will be setup on a exchange 2003 server. but now when i try to send them emails from the exchange 5.5 server it just sits in the queues and in the box that says host unreachable. i tried sending email to them from hotmail and other domains and it worked it just doesn't work when sending email to the other email domain. I had this problem before with exc...

why won't animations move in outlook 2007 emails
-- thank you Keith mole <kjmsafe-pot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: <nothing> Because Microsoft removed the ability to display anomation from Outlook 2007. -- Brian Tillman Outlook 2007 does not support animated GIFs anymore due to tighter security handling. Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 *** Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote *** Subsc...

receiveing the same email three times
My outlook express died on me, therefore I had to start using outlook 2000, which was fine bit of a pain to get used to but, anyway since using outlook 2000, I am getting the same email from everyone three times. Why is this? It is soing my head in as my outlook is very full and it is taking me some time to get rid of the ones that are duplicated. PLEASE HELP ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Workflow
I need to create a rule to do the following:- An email requesting an action is sent to a user. The system needs to check that if this email is not responded to within a specified period it will alert that user's manager. Is there a way of doing this and if so, how. Thanks in anticipation We have not seen that CRM workflow could address this. CRM workflow is dependent on objects in the CRM schema. An email to a recipient can be triggered by CRM workflow but once the email is in the users Exchange inbox it outside the reach of CRM workflow. You could have the status of the initiating ...

How to replace domain name for the emails going out?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BE_01C42C3E.DF419C30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, We use our MS Exchange Server 2000 for just sending emails and we need = to have domain names the same as of the server where we receive emails = (at our provider). What are the ways to make domain name the same?=20 In other words the question is: How to make domain of Server B look the same as Server A that is = completely separate and run by other company ? Any help is greatly appreciated, Le...

Outlook emails I send or reveive the text becomes bold
When I send an e-mail or receive an e-mail the text switches to bold? ...

Mailshots via email and vouchers
I am keen to email offers to my customers, i would like to send them money off vouchers, discount vouchers etc etc does anybody know of or use a module or addon which deals with this sort of thing? Some sort of CRM software? I obviously would have to make sure the emailed vouchers where only valid once to stop people printing multiple copies and taking advantage! Is there any way i could serialize the vouchers and have RMS only accept each one once? Any help/feedback greatly appreciated. ...

HELP! Emails
Having problems with windows xp, system is crashing. I trying to backup all of my files on to a CD. I can't locate the files that contain my inbox. Outlook express not working. Can anyone tell me where I can find these files in my system. Thank you Hi, Bobbie: This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: mic...

schdule send email
Hi, how can i automate outlook to send the same email every 2 days at 11am ? thanks ...

cannot access links in emails
This is the notice I get when I click on an email link. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer -- Thanks, Ronjon444 ronjon444 wrote: > This is the notice I get when I click on an email link. > This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this > computer You are claiming that you have no knowledge of how to perform online searches? Google still works: http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22operation+has+been%22+cancelled+canceled+%2B%22due+to+restrictions+in+effect+on+this+computer%22 Operation ca...

exchange 5.5
I have a user who is getting emails addressed to another person in their mailbox. I checked the headers and the email was only addressed to person A (no cc's or bcc's), yet person B got it in their mailbox. What could be causing this? I have exchange 5.5 with SP 4 installed on a Windows 2000 Server. Jason: UserA most likely has some type of rule set up on his/her mailbox. Log on to UserA's mailbox with Outlook and check the rules. Also, there might be a setting on the mailbox itself that forwards message to UserB, so check the Delivery Options tab of UserA's mailbox prop...

Word Wrap in Email
Folks, I receive email without line breaks at the end of each line. CRM displays the text as one LONG horizontal line of text. Does someone know of a setting where I can have the CRM email window automatically word wrap at the end of the displayed window? Timothy -- CRM 1.2 /C360 user ...

WEBSITE ANIMATIONS
Im trying to create a website with an animation but when I try to insert it (through the tool-bar) it won't let me. I created the animation in Macromedia flash, could that be why it's not working? -- AC Using a SWF file (Flash) in Publisher http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/articles/81253.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AA7D80D-E91A-4BFB-B684-4483EBCCC36E@microsoft.com... > Im trying to create a website with an anim...

Promoting an Outlook email to CRM
Why isn't 'Sent' information saved to the CRM Email activity when I promote an Outlook email to CRM? ...

repeat emails
Hi, Can anyone help me set up, if possible, a repeat or recurring email. Nothing complicated about the network and/or software, I would just like to be able to set up a recurring email. Thanks in advance for the help Cheers David See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/skedrpt.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b5701c397d2$248072f0$a301280a@phx.gbl, David wrote: > Hi, > >...

Animation query
I have created a slide in PowerPoint 2007 where to the left I have 4 bullet points and to the right I have inserted 4 pictures in association to the bullet points. I am trying to animate the slide so that I get bullet point 1 come in then picture 1, Bullet 2 then picture 2 etc. However, I am able to get all the bullets to come in 1,2,3,4 etc then the pictures 5,6,7,8. But if I try to move the first picture to come in after the first bullet the picture takes up number 1 spot then all the bullets. To resume, I can't seem to seperate the bullets to allow a picture to come ...

Single Account but Multiple Email Addresses
I'm using Outlook 2000 and I have email from different places being forwarded into a single POP account. I can receive, read and filter the email fine but I can only send email with from one email address. Is there a way to change the "From:" email address quickly in Outlook 2000 or a later edition of Outlook. Thanks. Derrick You have set up yr multiple addressess in Mail Accounts? even if they use the same POP In the new msg window, use the drop down by the send btn, to select Account to send from David "Derrick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...