Animated graphics in Publisher emails should stay animated

Whenever I create emails in Publisher 2003 they come out great. However, I
have noticed that animated gifs do not stay animated when I send out the
emails with Publisher. If I want to use animated graphics, I must copy and
paste and reformat into MS Word and then send out from Word.
0
xaos27 (1)

Try sending one to yourself, I think you will see it comes in animated.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"xaos27" <xaos27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I create emails in Publisher 2003 they come out great. However, I
> have noticed that animated gifs do not stay animated when I send out the
> emails with Publisher. If I want to use animated graphics, I must copy and
> paste and reformat into MS Word and then send out from Word.

0
Retired (261)

Email messages not going out
Using exchange 5.5 sp4, messages not going out to public. Internal works OK, and incoming works OK. All my services are running, I have reinstalled SP4, I have no errors in the event log, but when I try to send a messge out I am getting the following undeliverable response. From: System Administrator Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 10:25 AM To: 'jschmitz@nycap.rr.com' Subject: Undeliverable: test Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 8/23/05 10:25 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'jschmi...

Duplicate Email Address and not allowed List would be a good Star
Three Suggestions: 1. Duplicate Email Address Warning 2. Setting which allows for dupes or not. 3. Email addresses not allowed list. Which checks if the email address is allowed. If not allowed it will tell the inputter not allowed please try something else. This would close a big security whole. By the way I am suprised this was not addressed. There are older postings, like over a year which state the same. Not listening to the customer are we. On Jun 27, 8:52 am, KEB <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Three Suggestions: > > 1. Duplicate Email Address Warn...

How do I complete installation of Publisher 2003
I cannot complete installation of Publisher 2003, I found the wizard that allows you to complete the install but it took me to registration. I did that but Publisher does not show up as a program. Are you getting an error? Locate missing .msi files http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011185721033.aspx Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Designs" <Designs@discussions.microsoft.com>...

xl2007
BACKGROUND: I developed an interactive Excel-based program for the engineering and construction industries using xl2003. It is essentially a picture management system. Developement time was roughly 100 hours. My latest project involves exactly 840 pictures. I have been avoiding upgrading to xl2007 like the plague. PROBLEM: The client has xl2007 and there were some compatibility issues. So I installed the xl2007 trial version and fixed these issues. However, what I can't fix is the extremely slow macro execution time. For example, I remapped the arrow keys to move the...

show in a excel graphic a total percentage for 5 diff data fiels
I need to make a graphic showing the percentage for 5 diff fields, e.i. pmc total 16, nmcs total 10, pmcs total 5, nmcm total 0, and nmcs total 3, this it should be based on a total of 100% combine. at this tiem I can't figure out the formula how to make read all 5 columns, please help. If need it I can forward the project file to make better sense of it. Thank you. Julio Select the 5 fields and create a pie chart. The size of each slice depends on the % value of that data item compared to the total. I don't understand the 2nd bit about "formula to make read all 5 column...

In Publisher 2000, text double-prints with a picture
In Publisher 2000, when a pictgure appears on a page, all text prints fuzzy--it double prints like a TV 'ghost.' This occuirs only when there is a graphic along with the text. If the objects look okay on your screen, it is no doubt a printer issue. Go to the manufacturer's web site of your model printer and look around for an updated driver. Maybe re-installing your present driver.. It is always advisable to completely remove a driver before installing/reinstalling. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinter...

rotated graphics getting cut off
I'm sure I posted about this before but for the life of me I can't find it and I'm still having problems so I thought I'd post again. In Publisher 2003, when I rotate a graphic (even those I get through MS's website) part of it gets cut off when I print. It doesn't matter which printer I use or whether or not it's laser or inkjet. I CAN, however, create a PDF and print that and it comes out correctly (which is what I've been doing but that's very time consuming). The drivers for my video card is updated and I've tried adjusting my hardware accele...

Outlook "copies" email from 3rd Party
Outlook 2002 is copying email instead of downloading them from the 3rd party server. This is on a laptop if it makes a difference. I'm sure there's a quick fix to this issue. Thanks What type of account is this? IMAP? POP3? HTTP? Check Tools | E-Mail Accounts | View or change existing e-mail accounts | Next | <select the account> | Change | More Settings | Advanced Is the Delivery option to leave a copy of messages on the server checked? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Plea...

Graphics in HTML Email
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C3EA75.0A902D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm not sure how this works technically. However, I know that if you = insert graphics into an HTML email in Outlook, Outlook keeps a copy of = the graphic to be referenced as a separate part of the message. The = problem I am running into is that this happens even when the graphic is = referenced as a link to a file on a server (as opposed to being pasted = into the document). So, for example, if...

Publisher 2003 Printing #2
When I send a publisher document as an attachment the recipient is printing it to my printer. If the recipient choosing the printer icon in the tool bar the document will print to my printer. The recipient does not have my printer installed on there computer. Is there a way to prevent this? cwyckoff wrote: > When I send a publisher document as an attachment the recipient is printing > it to my printer. If the recipient choosing the printer icon in the tool bar > the document will print to my printer. The recipient does not have my > printer installed on there computer. ...

NDR does not have the recepient's email address
Hello MSFT, We are currently migrating from Lotus notes to Exchnage 2003 SP1. Some migrated users get NDRs when they try to send emails to some users, and these NDRs don't have the recepient's email address, and instead has the recepient's GUID. So the sender doesn't know who didn't get the email. Please see the NDR below -- From: System Administrator Sent: 04 January 2006 13:20 To: /O=TEM/OU=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=9409ea02-aee51458-8025699f-5a6965 Subject: Undeliverable:PS Finance Review - CICG13 Your message did not reach some or all of the ...

Pattern problem, Publisher 2003
I made a flyer, over that flyer i put a rectangle. I made that blue and transparency to 90%. When i print it out there seems to be a pattern that doesn't show up in publisher. Is that a printer related problem it never seems to have done that before. Publisher does not do well with transparency. Right-click the rectangle, save as picture, use the .png format. Insert the rectangle back into your publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Cork2" <Cork2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

All emails sitting in queue.
Hello, I have just setup exchange 2003 on windows 2003. It seems to be running fine for awhile and then all of sudden it starts to accumulate emails in the queue. I look in the queues and see that the local message box queue, is ready but it won't send out all the emails. The only way to resolve it seems it be that I restart the system.When I try to just restart the services it hangs so I have no choice but to restart the system. When this happens all the users get a window that shows up stating "Trying to retreive email from the exchange server". Any ideas? Thanks ...

happy face symbol in emails
How do I make, or what symbol do I type, to get a happy face for emails, rather than doing it this way? :-) Try typing :) -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "newfinserv" wrote: > How do I make, or what symbol do I type, to get a happy face for emails, > rather than doing it this way? :-) newfinserv wrote: > How do I make, or what symbol do I type, to get a happy face for emails, > rather than doing it ...

Publishing to the web #3
Hello: I used Frontpage for years and just bought Office 2007 Ulitimate which included Publisher. In Frontpage all I had to do was select "Publish Web" and it wouldlist all the pages in the web that were on my HD and I could either select which to publish or use the default setting which was publish any pages that had been changed. It would ask me where to publish and I would select or type my destination (i.e. www.mydomain.com) In publisher it seems that I have to individually enter the detination. I tried it last night to publish a test page. WHen I clicked publish it came...

Excel stretches graphic objects horizontally when printing
Hello, I am using office 2003 and win XP professional, When I print a graphic object from excel it gets stretched horizontally (or compressed vertically whatever you like). I don't use any fitting to page. If I use copy picture "As shown on screen" a circular object remains circular when pasted into Word, when I use copy picture "As shown when printed" the circular object gets deformed (like an oval). The same deformation is visual when actually printing and also in print preview. Please help ...

Can't receive some emails in Outlook Express
Have a friend who is using Outlook Express 6. She is receiving some emails but not all. I sent 2 emails to her. She received one but not the other. I get an undeliverable message showing the address but it has added @mail to the address. I have no clue where to start. Can anyone help me Thx R.Fritz For starts. What is the domain address of your friend's email account. Secondly, did you send her two emails at the same time or is there a time span between the two messages? What is the bounce message you are receiving exactly? "R.Fritz" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

How do I subscribe/import to external published/shared calendar?
Vista's Calendar could do this, but I can't see such an option in WMLD. since I'm on Windows 7, which doesn't have Calendar application (besides WMLD's), then should I go for Mozilla's Sunbird? Calendar subscription for WLM is only available when using a Live ID to logon to Windows Live Mail. Subscribing can only be done in the web interface at Calendar.live.com (sign on with that same Live ID) All Hotmail type accounts are Live ID's(hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com). Third party email address can be registered as a Live ID enabling the ability for Liv...

email in queue duplicate itself automatically
I set a queue in the crm with an CRMEmailEnabled mailbox. When a message come in the queue, this message will duplicate itself in the CRM queue every 4 minutes and every 27 minutes. Did someone experience the same problem ? -- Christophe Hi Christophe I had a similar problem and it was caused by a problem with the mail box for the disabled user, this caused e mails to be resent and thus multi copies to appear. The dealys in the copies was cuaed by the re try timeouts on the mail routers. I hope this helps Biffio "cla" wrote: > I set a queue in the crm with an CRMEmail...

How do I get the zapf dingbats font to work in Publisher?
I typically use MS Publisher for design projects and then convert them to PDF before sending to the printer. However, I'm having a major problem with the Zapf Dingbats font. I bought the Zapf Dingbats font to use for symbols in documents that will be sent to a printer. However, when I use the "insert symbol" feature or type the alpha character that corresponds to the dingbats symbol I want, MS Publisher does not show the symbol, does not print the symbol, etc. MS Publisher isn't recognizing the zapf dingbats symbol font. I'm using MS Publisher XP 2002 version....

One User Cannot Email Another
Hello. We have an Exchange 5.5 server and one of our users is not able to email the other. This just recently started. When Chris emails Tina (both regular users in a very simple, flat Exchange Organization) the message is placed in Chris's Sent Items folder, but Tina never receives anything and neither user is notified of any sort of failure. No NDR is generated, and nothing is logged in Windows Event Viewer although I have not enabled any diagnostic logging as I would not know what to look for. Can anyone help? Thanks. Does Tina have a rule in Outlook that causes email from Chris t...

Publisher 2000: Preparing to install
Everytime I open Publisher 2000, I get a message "preparing to install", which then changes to "Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Disk 2". I have followed the recommendations from KB 265194 (including reinstalling Access) - but Publisher still gives me the same message each time. No other office application is giving me problems - only Publisher. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Sometimes this will occur when Office is trying to repair a feature. What happens when you disable your anti-virus program? Have you used ...

outgoing email had 4 attachments, is hung on sending, how to dele
I have an outgoing email that has 4 attachments, it is hung and can't send. How can I delete it and start over? With Outlook open go offline and then delete -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Rhonda" <Rhonda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAA1325E-C582-4112-B30A-C9C6E13F344E@microsoft.com... >I have an outgoing email that has 4 attachments, it is hung and can't send. > How can I delete it and start over? Rhonda wrote: >...

Transparent shapes in Publisher 2003
Hi, I have a problem that I've posted on the Adobe Acrobat Forum and so far nobody has been able to provide a resolution to my problem. I've created some documents in Publisher 2003 that contain a few transparent shapes which act to highlight text, and also a WordArt title that has a shadow. However when I convert them to PDF to send to a Printing Company, the transparent shapes and the shadow come out as cross-hatch and not a smooth transparency - completely ruining the look of the documents. I'm assuming that this is not something new, so would hope that somone out there ...

Stopping the Harvesting of Email Addresses
This must be an issue from time immemorial - well as far back as the original web pages of the last century. But what are the best ways to stop email addresses being harvested - and therefore sold for spamming - from: 1/ the text of a web page, and 2/ the source HTML. This was 'solved' in a rather inelegant fashion as per this page: http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/geoff.rodliffe - then click on 'Author' That is with the use of " AT " in place of the usual "@" But this is a fudge. I found one web site with another idea at: http://www.re...