Am I missing something on manual duplex?

I have used Word 2003 to produce an A5 booklet....and in the print
dialogue there is a "manual duplex" option. Using that, Word kindly
prints one side of the page, then it tells me when to remove the
paper, turn it over and it prints the reverse. Nice and easy.

I can't seem to find the same in Publisher....of course, Publisher
being part of the same Office Suite would mean that the dialogues
are different to Word!

I have downloaded and installed the add-in for duplex printing but
that doesn't seem to work half the time....there's no help file
anywhere and no walk-through.

I must be dense, but all I want to do is to set the page to A5 and
then print it on A4, two pages per side and have Publisher tell me
when to take the paper out and re-insert it.

Any help?

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>

0
usenet1542 (16)

There is a duplex add-in here, scroll down
http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=43

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Bryan Anderson" <usenet@anderson-it.com> wrote in message

> I have used Word 2003 to produce an A5 booklet....and in the print
> dialogue there is a "manual duplex" option. Using that, Word kindly
> prints one side of the page, then it tells me when to remove the
> paper, turn it over and it prints the reverse. Nice and easy.
>
> I can't seem to find the same in Publisher....of course, Publisher
> being part of the same Office Suite would mean that the dialogues
> are different to Word!
>
> I have downloaded and installed the add-in for duplex printing but
> that doesn't seem to work half the time....there's no help file
> anywhere and no walk-through.
>
> I must be dense, but all I want to do is to set the page to A5 and
> then print it on A4, two pages per side and have Publisher tell me
> when to take the paper out and re-insert it.
>
> Any help?
>
> --
> Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>

0
gsauer (5094)
8/23/2004 10:50:46 PM
Bryan Anderson wrote:
> I have used Word 2003 to produce an A5 booklet....and in the print
> dialogue there is a "manual duplex" option. Using that, Word kindly
> prints one side of the page, then it tells me when to remove the
> paper, turn it over and it prints the reverse. Nice and easy.
>
> I can't seem to find the same in Publisher....of course, Publisher
> being part of the same Office Suite would mean that the dialogues
> are different to Word!

The option would be part of your printer driver - it has nothing whatsoever
to do with Word or Publisher - or any part of Office come to that.

> I have downloaded and installed the add-in for duplex printing but
> that doesn't seem to work half the time....there's no help file
> anywhere and no walk-through.
>
> I must be dense, but all I want to do is to set the page to A5 and
> then print it on A4, two pages per side and have Publisher tell me
> when to take the paper out and re-insert it.
>
> Any help?

As I stated above this is a function of your printer driver and has nothing
whatsoever to do with Publisher. You must be pretty talented to make
Publisher have a different print dialogue from Word - it's identical
whatever you print from - as it's your printer driver!

Have you updated it of late?

lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
8/23/2004 10:53:23 PM
On Monday, "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> The option would be part of your printer driver - it has nothing
> whatsoever to do with Word or Publisher - or any part of Office
> come to that.

No it's not - I have Word 2003 and Publisher 2003 open right now and
I have done File | Print on both.

In Publisher I have a window that has my printer and a properties
button. Underneath the properties button there is a "Print to file"
check box.

In Word, the print dialogue s considerably different, including a
"Find Printer" button under the properties, and a "Manual Duplex"
check box under the "Print to file" checkbox.

Manual Duplex printing within Word 2003 is not something that is
dependant on the printer. I just wondered f I was missing it from
Publisher or if it really isn't there.

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>
0
usenet1542 (16)
8/23/2004 10:57:57 PM
On Monday, "Mary Sauer" wrote:

> There is a duplex add-in here, scroll down
> http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=43

That's the one I downloaded and installed. Can't make it do anything
with booklet printing. If I have a booklet template then the Page
Order button isn't there on the print dialogue. If I set the page to
a full A4 the it is there....but only gives me the option to print
two A4 sides on an A3 page....too big. If I set the page size to A5
(to hopefully print 2 on an A4) the Page Order button goes away again.

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>
0
usenet1542 (16)
8/23/2004 11:01:44 PM
Bryan, This is something you will have to sort out on your own.

In view, turn off two page view

Page one, print current page, click "no", turn the page over, go to page 2, print
current page, click "no" again and so on until you have your booklet printed.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> On Monday, "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:
>
>> The option would be part of your printer driver - it has nothing
>> whatsoever to do with Word or Publisher - or any part of Office
>> come to that.
>
> No it's not - I have Word 2003 and Publisher 2003 open right now and
> I have done File | Print on both.
>
> In Publisher I have a window that has my printer and a properties
> button. Underneath the properties button there is a "Print to file"
> check box.
>
> In Word, the print dialogue s considerably different, including a
> "Find Printer" button under the properties, and a "Manual Duplex"
> check box under the "Print to file" checkbox.
>
> Manual Duplex printing within Word 2003 is not something that is
> dependant on the printer. I just wondered f I was missing it from
> Publisher or if it really isn't there.
>
> --
> Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>

0
gsauer (5094)
8/24/2004 8:23:49 AM
On Tuesday, "Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Bryan, This is something you will have to sort out on your own.
>
> In view, turn off two page view
>
> Page one, print current page, click "no", turn the page over, go
> to page 2, print current page, click "no" again and so on until
> you have your booklet printed.

This is a 40 page magazine draft that I have to print five copies
at least of....glad that I've not gone too far in Publisher with
it as I am now switching to Corel Draw which has a brilliant wizard
to help with the manual duplexing.

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com>
0
usenet1542 (16)
8/24/2004 11:30:03 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Bryan
Anderson <usenet@anderson-it.com>!"...
> I can't seem to find the same in Publisher....of course, Publisher
> being part of the same Office Suite would mean that the dialogues
> are different to Word!

Alternatives to manual duplexing in Publisher:

 - Create a PDF file.  Use something like PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com) or
Adobe Acrobat, and then open the PDF in Adobe Reader.  Adobe Reader gives
the option of printing Odd or Even pages only.
 - Use FinePrint.  www.fineprint.com - this program acts as an intermediary
printer driver, allowing all kinds of modifications including manual duplex.
 - Buy a printer that supports auto-duplex.  A good idea for this kind of
thing.  For many printers you can buy an attachment that handles
auto-duplexing, saving you the bother of replacing a printer.
 - Update your printer driver.  Sometimes later versions of printer drivers
have manual duplex support there.

For printing multiple copies, you can follow Mary's advice but print
multiple copies of page 1, turn the stack over and print multiple copies of
page 2.

Publisher has a long history of having different dialogs, options, versions
of WordArt, etc., from the rest of Office.  Some are glad that this is being
brought more into line recently, and some are protesting (WordArt is a
deeply dividing issue - Publisher 2002 introduced the newer Office (Word
97-and-up-ish) WordArt, replacing the old version, to the delight of some
and the dismay of others)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)

Missing files

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Missing Folders after Sync

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

How do I manually adjust the width of my columns in a bar graph?
In a graph, I would like to manually drag the columns to make them thicker or thinner. I would also like to adjust the spacing between columns. Right click a series on the chart, choose Format data series... and then in the Options tab, play a bit with overlap and gap width. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Excel User Neu1" wrote: > In a graph, I would like to manually drag the columns to make them thicker or > thinner. I would also like to adjust the spacing between columns. Note that you can only adjust the entire series, not each indi...

Manual Checks appearing in Check Edit Lists
We marked some invoices as manually paid and posted them. We built a batch today by selecting checks in noticed on the Check Edit List, these manual payments appear - as a $0 check. When I perform an inquiry on the vendor account, the original invoice and payment are appearing as History items as they should; however, the $0 check is showing as a WORK item. I do not understand this - can anyone shed some light on this subject? ...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Missing Message Text

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

something curious when compiling
Hello. On my solution there are several project. Each project is compiled on the same directory (both for compiling and debugging. Everything works fine, till today. There are two project. For some reason I don't know, one of the projects (a specific project), doesn't "know" about the method of other library. I have the message : Could not load the file or assembly 'xxxxx.dll' or on of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Some of the 'xxxxx.dll' methods can be seen, and some cannot. On other project I can see the whole ...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

Missing .dll on opening
Upon opening Outlook 2002 I get a message that I am missing MociExt.dll but I cannot get it to reload during any sort of fix or reinstall of Outlook. Any ideas? This started occuring after a recent update I did to Office. John, I don't believe that's a file installed by Office/Outlook. So, my guess is that you have an Outlook add-in that's causing this problem. Please do the following steps to confirm this assumption: 1. Exit Outlook. 2. Press and hold the CTRL key as you launch Outlook. 3. When prompted to start in Safe mode click Yes. Does the error occur? If not, please...

Windows XP Home Edition Config\System Missing
Hi: My 15 year-old daughter has a Gateway system that is 4 years old, running XP Home. Today she encountered a black screen on start-up that essentially states Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM 32\CONFIG. We can't find the Operating System CD for Windows XP Home, and my XP Professional OS disc I read cannot be used instead. I have a read a resolution that requires ijnsertion of the OS XP Home disc; boot from CD; Windows set-up initializes and press "R" to repair recovery console; hard drive is examined; pe...

Scanpst missing
Outlook says there is problem with c:\users\xxx\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst and to run scanpst.exe. I have Vista and after searching computer cannot find the file. Is there a way to download this file? My computer is french so I don't always knowthe translations It's there. Are you using 64bit vista? if so, office is in the 32 bit programs file. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/scanpst.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

Font missing
I created a document in Publisher and printed it. Opened document a week later and received 'font missing' error message. In the Format...Font dialong box the font's name is there with the word (missing) next to it. Where did it go? Are you using a font manager? Maybe the link was broken. Do you have the font somewhere else on your computer? If so install/re-install it. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9390E623-E0FE-498A-AA6...

IMF Console missing??
Hello i just have one question , simple i hope! I use my pc (windows xp pro SP2) with a custom console to administer my domain , exchange , dns , etc... Everything is working fine. Last month i installed on my exchange , the IMF from microsoft. When i am logging on to my exchange machine localy or through RDC i can see in exchange system manager below SMTP ,the IMF icon and i am able to change setting install filters and so on... When i open my console from my pc and use exchange system manager console (i have installed exchange management tools and sp1) i cannot see IMF icon below SMTP Vitu...

Missing Email #4
I am running a 2003 exchange server and one of my users sayes he isn't getting some mail that people say they are sending him. There is a mailbox listed in mailboxes called "Systemmailbox - {GIUD}" there are items listed in there. Could this be the missing mail? And is there anyway to see what these items are. Thanks for any help Damian It won't be in the System Mailbox. The System Mailbox contains schema information. There's generally no reason to ever need to access it unless PSS is instructing you to. As far as your user, make sure that you have message t...

Toolbars Missing, And option to Add Missing
Hi, My Problem is that my normal 'Formatting' toolbar is missing. When I right click on the 'Standard' toolbar to add/view the 'Formatting' the only options i have is: 'Task Pane' & 'Customize'. In 'Customize' the only tool bars listed is the 'Task Pane' & 'Work Sheet Menu Bar' Anyone know how to resolve my Problem... Please Pull-down View > Toolbars There should be about 15 bars listed. if not then select Customize > Toolbars and then push the reset button. -- Gary''s Student "SmeetaG"...

debugging missing images in a CTreeCtrl
Hello, I am having some difficulty trying to debug some missing images in a CTreeCtrl. Essentially, I subclass CDialog and have a CTreeCtrl and CImageList as data members. The CTreeCtrl is supposed to be an expandable tree with each item containing a standard checkbox and a 16x16 solid icon. The problem is that the icons are not showing up at all. I'm wondering where is a good point to start debugging the missing icon images? Things I have verified: 1. The image list is valid and is set as the TVSIL_NORMAL image list for the CTreeCtrl. 2. The bitmaps within the image list are valid (I o...

Manually clear mail queue
How can I manually clear out the mail queue (internet) It is eating disk space on me, as a result mail will not flow. When I try to bring up the queue in Exchange Manager it just seems to hang. Thanks 1. Need to resolve the disk space issue. Can you delete badmail? 2. aqadmcli is a tool from microsoft that can be used to clear out the queue on e2k and e2k3 "John McCoy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11e401c4a68f$9d719fa0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can I manually clear out the mail queue (internet) > It is eating disk space on me, ...

Why CELL("format",A1) doesn't return something like "#.##"? ...and other rants
I'm trying to compare the displayed value of two formatted cells. The idea is to detect the equality between 1.2345 and 1.23 when the format is "#.##" without resorting to VBA. This is Excel 2000, SP3. So I decided that this might work (may be wrapped): =IF(TEXT(A1,CELL("format",A1))=TEXT(B1,CELL("format",B1)),"equal","unequal") Unfortunately, CELL("format",A1) returns "F2", which is incompatible with the format string required by the TEXT() worksheet function. The above conditional actually evaluates to "equa...

Missing PB Updates?
Hi, When I check this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsembedded/ce/dd430902.aspx for PB 5.0 updates only the July monthly is listed. But I read somewhere else that there was a September update, which I actually found. Is there also an August release for PB 5.0 and is there another place where the updates are listed? Thanks, Jojje I just saw that there is a potential problem with netowrk in the September update. Is this the reason that it is not listed in the updates site. Regards, Jojje On 9 Nov, 10:16, Jojje <jojje.an...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi,...