Alter a picture

Is it possible to ungroup an imported picture and make changes to it? I have a picture of a maple leaf and I would like to keep just the outline. Using Pub 2003, Windows XP
Vanilla
0
anonymous (74721)

On 02 May 2004 12:41, "Vanilla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
>Is it possible to ungroup an imported picture and make changes to it? I
>have a picture of a maple leaf and I would like to keep just the
>outline. Using Pub 2003, Windows XP.
>Vanilla

Depends on the picture format. What format is the picture in?
--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

bkvalheim (1291)
5/2/2004 6:19:35 PM
wrote:
>Is it possible to ungroup an imported picture and make changes to it? I
>have a picture of a maple leaf and I would like to keep just the
>outline. Using Pub 2003, Windows XP.
>Vanilla

I should have added, if you select the picture, then go to Arrange > Ungroup
> Say yes to prompt, you can ungroup and edit. --
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP
http://www.mvps.org/publisher

bkvalheim (1291)
5/2/2004 6:21:16 PM
I'd suggest using another program. Publisher is not an image-editing
program. Several of us have our favorite programs for doing what you want -
mine is Photoshop Elements. For $60 (US), you can't beat it, IMHO.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Vanilla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to ungroup an imported picture and make changes to it? I
have a picture of a maple leaf and I would like to keep just the outline.
Using Pub 2003, Windows XP.
> Vanilla

0
jl_amerson (3088)
5/2/2004 6:24:05 PM
I agree with Joann, I use paintshop pro 8. alice
0
anonymous (74721)
5/3/2004 12:11:03 AM
However, a simple .wmf can be altered quite well in Publisher.  I've altered many a
clip art in Publisher. Granted it isn't Corel but if one hasn't a Draw application
Publisher will suffice.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"alice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I agree with Joann, I use paintshop pro 8. alice

0
laserdog (1122)
5/3/2004 9:58:36 AM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Mary
Sauer <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com>!"...
> However, a simple .wmf can be altered quite well in Publisher.  I've
> altered many a clip art in Publisher. Granted it isn't Corel but if
> one hasn't a Draw application Publisher will suffice.

And if it's a vector graphic such as WMF, you can be far better off editing
it in Publisher - as if you edit it in a paint program such as Paint Shop
Pro, you could end up rasterising the image and causing it to pixellate.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
5/3/2004 10:31:32 AM
If you are using a version of Publisher or MS Works that has MS Draw 1.01
included you can do a grand job on WMF's.

Go to menu INSERT > OBJECT and scroll down to see if you have MS Draw 1.01
installed.
Up to Publisher 97 Draw 1.01 was included as a menu function.  It was
bizarre the features from Draw 1.0 were ever removed.

--

"If you don't know where you are going,
any road will take you there!"

0
donotknock (1942)

Altering font sizes
I am currently trying to resize the font throughout the whole of a Publisher document, but am having significant trouble acheiving it. Due to the nature of the document, it has well over 50 separate text boxes. I discovered recently that the document (a diagram) would have to be extended, so was intending to shrink it all slightly to fit in the extra parts. Having selected it all (Ctrl-A), grouped it, and shrinking it slightly, the text no longer fits within many of the text boxes. When i went to change the font size, all the font parts within the formatting toolbar were grayed out, a...

Altering Cursors
Hello, I have some toolbar buttons in my dialog DLL app and two of them are zoom-in and zoom-out. Is there an MFC class like CWaitCursor that can display a zoom-in/zoom-out cursor? Thank you so much. Victor. You will have to change the cursor yourself. Here is an example of the how to change cursors, load the cursor in the m_CursorHand variable: (It's a comment for how to solve a problem of another problem, but it does explain changing cursors nicely) http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/buttonctrl/comments.php/c2069/?thread=26628 AliR. "victorsk" <victorsk@discussio...

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...

item picture
Is there a way to get an items picture on a report? I use the item price list report and export it to HTML to get my items on my web page. This works fine, however I would like to include the items picture also but I don't see that as a field to include on the report. Is anyone doing this or know of a way to do this? Thanks, Craig You could add the Item.PictureName field to the report. Search the newsgroup and you should find several recent examples of adding a column to a report. This isn't going to be much help though as this is only going to include the Filename of the ...

How do I turn a picture into a watermark?
I am a novice. I'd like to use a picture as a watermark in the background of my Christmas letter. I used to do it in Word, but can't find directions for Publisher. Many thanks! Corky <Corky@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am a novice. I'd like to use a picture as a watermark in the > background of my Christmas letter. I used to do it in Word, but > can't find directions for Publisher. What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thank you, Ed, for your response. I did get an answ...

how do i use power point for editing pictures?
Is there any way i can use power point for adding stuff to pictures like borders, text, etc. I have pics stored to my docs how would i get that file to power point .If power point is the right program for that? Sure. Just use Insert | Picture | From File. Add text and borders or whatever, then select all the objects (if there are any separate ones -- like textboxes, for example) and group them. Then right-click the group and select Save as Picture to save out an image of the text with pictures, etc. Save the PPT file, too, so you have your edits all handy. -- Echo [MS PP...

How do I reference pictures in a worksheet?
I have a list of pictures in a worksheet that I would like to assign to specific cells, so that I can cell reference those pictures with the VLOOKUP function. One way http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "mdkoskinen" <mdkoskinen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E9729D6-8C53-4D70-B0DA-EB20561D7BC3@microsoft.com... >I have a list of pictures in a worksheet that I would like to assign to > specific cells, so that I can cell reference those pictures with the > VLOOKUP > function....

message date/time altered when copying from public folder
I have noticed that if we copy mail messages from public folders to users own mailboxes, the time is off by a few minutes to a few hours. If a message arrives late at night, the copied mail may even have the next day's date. We have mail-enabled public folders, and users copy mail to their inboxes from there, but this date/time change is bothering. Do the headers contain different time stamps, and does Outlook read them differently to the Public folders? Any ideas? Jo On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 15:31:18 +0900, "Jo" <gsc@gol.com> wrote: >I have noticed that if we copy mail...

pictures as an attachment
I am attempting to attach about 12 photos to an email. I have no problem doing that but when i preview the message before i send it, i find that the pictures are visible in the message as well as being attached. How do i send photos JUST AS AN ATTACHMENT? Are you using attach or insert? "Kathryn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:996901c48676$e4d14780$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am attempting to attach about 12 photos to an email. I > have no problem doing that but when i preview the message > before i send it, i find that the pictures are...

Creating Master Shapes from Imported Pictures
Greetings, I'm in desparate need of help. I'm in the process of creating a stencil of network equipment that my company has deployed. I've been fortunate to find a number of the shapes on line. Unfortunately, some of the equipment is obsolete, BUT I have pictures. Here's my question: How would I create master shapes of these pictures to be used in Visio 2003. I've downloaded ShapeStudio and played around with that but I can't seem to get it correct. As a reference, I'm trying to duplicate what one would find on NetZoom. What are the steps in creat...

Missing pictures from emails
Hi, When I send an email in Outlook containing pictures in the text body, some recipients receive OK others are missing the pictures. Anyone know why this happens an what can be done so that all can view the pictures? Thanks. what message format? if you attach them, do they arrive? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.ou...

alter function
Hi, using SQL2005. I want to replace a function and can't because the function is being referenced by an object. I have tried to drop it first and then create the function. This has the same error result. Is there a way to ignore any referenced object and drop a function (and then re-create it). Alternatively any way to ignore referenced object and alter a function. Any ideas or recommendations appreciated :-) Many thanks, Jonathan Hi Havv you created a UDF with SCHEMA BINDING option? "Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

When hitting REPLY my picture in my signature (Rich Text Format) doesn't show up
Instead of the picture i get: << OLE Object: Microsoft Word Picture >> How can I get the picture to also be shown after I hit REPLY? Any ideas anyone? Tim :-) ...

Picture in Excel
I have a picture in an Excel worksheet that is not showing up in Print Preview. It doesn't show up all the time even the workbook either. I can see the handles for the picture and can move a handle and it appears. It still does not show up in print preview. any ideas? Thanks in advance. Right click on your picture, choose Format Picture.., goto the Properties tab and check the "Print object" box. cab58 <cabcab58@gmail.com> wrote in news:1177607909.838809.40140 @b40g2000prd.googlegroups.com: > I have a picture in an Excel worksheet that is not showing up in Print ...

Altered meeting always becomes recurring
We're on an Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2008 setup. Here's what happens: 1. Person sends a New Meeting Request for, say, Monday at 9 AM. Everything works properly and the entry appears as it should on the calendar. 2. Person later decides to change the meeting to, say, Tuesday at 10 AM. So they open the original entry on the calendar (from step #1 above) and changes the date to Tuesday and the time to 10 AM, then sends the update. 3. The meeting appears in the new location on the calendar OK but it has been changed into a recurring event. I've verified that the r...

losing pictures
I had produced a 3 fold brochure and printed it successfully for months. Then one day 2 of the jpg files stopped printing. I have reloaded Publisher, done everything I can think of, but can not get those files to print on the office color printer. They will print on the Black and white. The brochure will print from someone else's computer!!!! if I save the file on a CD and print it from someone who has Publisher. I talked to Gateway and they said it was my problem, this is a new 2003 computer, with 2002 Publisher. Can anyone help Update your printer driver from the website of your prin...

VB to Word
Hi All Does anybody know of any good tutorials regarding working with pictures in MS Word using VB6? Thanks Simplest way is simulate everything in Word VBA. Use the macro recorder to get the syntax and edit out all the selects and make all implicit references explicit back to the application. For reference see VBA help. Regards, Peter T "Mojo" <please@dont.spam.com> wrote in message news:uSuv04nzKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi All > > Does anybody know of any good tutorials regarding working with pictures in > MS Word using VB6?...

How to transfer and copy Pictures from iPhone to computer?
[url=http://www.transfer-iphone.com/transfer-photos-from-iphone-to-computer-with-iphone-tool-kits.html][b]How to transfer and copy Pictures from iPhone to computer with iPhone Tool Kits?[/b][/url]Do you want to copy Photos/Pictures from iPhone to computer for printting? [url=http://www.transfer-iphone.com/transfer-files-sms-contacts-call-list-ibooks-from-iphone-to-computer.html][b]iPhone Tool Kits[/b][/url] is an easy to use utility designed to help you back up all your files on your iPhone, so that you can recover any lost or missing songs, videos, books, photos and so on. It can easily [b]ba...

Picture Frames
I have a picture that I scanned and saved. How do I change the frame from sqare to oval? Need Help wrote: > I have a picture that I scanned and saved. How do I > change the frame from sqare to oval? ======================================== Which version of MSPublisher are you using? -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled If you have a newer version of Publisher, use an autoshape, draw the oval, fill menu, fill effects, picture tab, fill with your scan. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Need Help"...

CAtalog merge not showing pictures
I am using Publisher 2003 and uding the catalog merge wizard to create photo directory.- My data source spreadsheet has a column that contains links to picture files. I have used the complete file names, but cannot seem to get the photos to show up. I have added .jpg to end of names - they all reside in same file with data source spreadsheet and publisher template file - Help!! Any other reasons that pictures won't print? MArtha Lots of help here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010381431033.aspx Create a data source for a mail merge or a catalog merge -- Mary Sauer...

Picture problem
I want to have a picutre stay in the frame even while scrolling through the worksheet. Is this possible? The easiest way is to freeze panes below the picture. Position the picture in the upper left part of the screen (either by placing the picture there or scrolling). Then select a cell below and to the right of the picture. In XL2003 select Window >> Freeze Panes. In XL2007 select the View ribbon >> Window section >> Freeze Panes. Hope this helps, Hutch "dwake" wrote: > I want to have a picutre stay in the frame even while scrolling thro...

Altering SP
Can GP stored procedures be altered. How safe is that. In general you should not alter procs created by GP. There is a possibility that the proc could be altered in a hotfix or upgrade. You may not notice that the proc has changed till much later when you find that the proc is not working as you had meant it Intead, find a way to call your own proc using vba or a trigger. HS "Asma" <asma_twinmos@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1183294932.796908.67450@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Can GP stored procedures be altered. How safe is that. > ...

Pictures (bitmaps) as Point Markers in XY Scatter Plot?
Hi, I've figured out how to load custom bitmaps into Shape objects and use them as Marker Points on my scatter plot, but I'm not sure I'm doing it in the best/correct way, especially for "portability" of my workbook. By "portabiliy", I mean, I want to send the Workbook to someone but don't want to have to send all the bitmap files along with it. Is there a way to make these shapes "part of" the workbook so that they're always available? Here's what I'm currently using to load the various bitmaps: dim myShape as Shape ...

Printing or Not Printing Pictures
Using Access 2007. This may not be the best approach but this is what I have done... I am trying to create a home inspection database. In my table for bathroom I have the following fields referring to pictures: TPic as an Attachment to add pictures of a toilet (don't laugh!); SPic for sink; VHPic for Venting/Heating; BTPic for bath-tub; SHPic for Shower..... On the form for each area (I have the form set-up as pages / tabs) each attachment field is on the applicable page. That works fine. The user can add as many pictures as they want easily. I can put the attachment...

restore compressed picture files
After I compressed picture files, I cannot restore them back to the original size pictures, please help. Reload the original pictures from your camera. Janeen Saye wrote: > After I compressed picture files, I cannot restore them back to the original > size pictures, please help. ...