after i installed microsoft office i cannot print in color and i .

how come i cannot use microsoft publisher or print in color.

publisher wrote:
> how come i cannot use microsoft publisher or print in color.

How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

How to Act Smart on Usenet

Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp

Otherwise, you might as well try here:

Psychic Friends Network
(800) 592-7827

lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
9/27/2004 5:12:08 PM
publisher wrote:
> how come i cannot use microsoft publisher or print in color.

Sounds like a printer driver issue:

Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer
drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix
the problems you are encountering.

If you have not already done so, you would want to visit the
manufacturers website of your printer to download and install the
latest printer driver that is available. It's important to note that
the CD-Rom that came with your printer will most likely NOT have the
most recent driver for your printer.

Popular Printer Driver Sites:
-----------------------------
Canon
http://www.usa.canon.com/html/cprSupportDetail.jsp?minisite=10000&a=b&navfrom=DrivD

HP
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/eng/support.html

Lexmark
http://www.lexmark.com/US/support/drivers/index.html

Epson
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/index.jsp
and visit the downloads/drivers section

Brother
http://www.brother.com/E-ftp/info/index.html
-----------------------------

Search for the printer driver that represents the make and model that you
are using and download that driver. I would make sure you select "Save"
when prompted for download, not "Run". Typically many save to My Documents.
Do not install or run the setup.

Go to Start > Settings > Printers and right click on your current printer
and choose delete from the menu that appears. If prompted to remove all
files, choose yes. Then restart your computer.

Once your computer restarts, go to the folder where your new printer driver
was downloaded and double click the file to extract the printer driver.
This should prompt you through the setup routine for the new driver. If
your computer "detects new hardware" upon restart, it's ok to hit cancel
on that dialog. Go ahead and continue your setup routine of your newly
downloaded printer driver.

If the file that you downloaded is not an executable, but only a file
that is *.inf, then you will need to follow these steps:

1. Go to Start >Settings > Printers
2. Choose "Add Printer"
3. Choose Next
4. Select "Local Printer" then click Next
5. At the next dialog box choose "Have Disk"
6. Browse to the location of your newly downloaded *.inf file
7. Follow the remaining prompts (you may have to insert your Windows CD)
8. I would recommend restarting your computer at this point.

Now try a new print from Publisher.

This should fix your troubles. If not, either contact your printer
manufacturer directly and inform them of the problem you have experienced.
They might request that you try an older printer driver.

Post back if you have any further questions. Feel free to visit my
website at http://www.mvps.org/publisher for some great information.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
0
ic (207)

RE-Installing

Problem printing excel sheet with a browser
I have a worksheet that I want others read and print via their I browser. This worksheet consist of just one page and I have saved th worksheet as .htm and it looks perfect in the browser. But when I wan to print it with the IE browser, it tooks 4 pages, all excel formattin are lost, no footer. How can I fix this ? Thank you all. mis2OO -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

PO Printing problem
My client is on GP 8.0.44 (sp 3). When they key in a non-inventory item, they are allowed (before leaving the line) to change the item number and description. I didn't think this was ordinarily something that could be done. The real problem is that when they change it, what ever they originally typed is what prints on the PO. Has anyone seen this happen before? RudyG wrote: > My client is on GP 8.0.44 (sp 3). When they key in a non-inventory item, > they are allowed (before leaving the line) to change the item number and > description. I didn't think this was ordi...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Wrong Default for 'Number of Copies' to print
Help! Every time I open Excel 2000, the printer defaults to 3 copies. There's nothing in the printer driver that allows me to change the number of copies, and in any case, Excel is the one making the 3 copies (the printing dialog runs through 3 times). If I remember to change it back to 1 copy, it works fine. Anyone have a place for me to fix this? Richard Try selecting (from the Start menu) Start, Settings, Printers, right-click the printer in question, select Properties, and check the settings in there. Any settings set here serve as "default" settings whenever you se...

color formatting of partial text of a cell in excel in bulk
i want to make a cell with multicolor text......... how to do it in bulk(e.g as we do it in replace all) If the text displayed in the cell is the result of a formula in that cell, you cannot have more than one color. If your data is a pure text entry, you can have multi-colored text, but you will need to use a macro to do more than one cell at a time. If your cell entries are second condition (pure text), then give us more information about what you want to do. Rick "chetan" <nishuu.chetan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8c6b5711-0808-4f53-8462-94b08d180d91@z16g2000...

Value Pak Installer

Microsoft word 2007 04-21-10
To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must surround the letter "c" with which symbol? Do your own homework. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sheena" <Sheena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1C1982-FE01-4FE9-807C-7759DDD5D13B@microsoft.com... > To create a copyright symbol using the AutoCorrect feature, you must > surround > the letter "c" with which symbol? > With brackets. (c) "Sheena" wrote...

Add-In Is Not Valid Office Add-In Error Message
When I bootup Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), I get the following error message: 'C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Add-Ins\' is not a valid Office add-in. I also get this message when I open Outlook 2000, click on the Tools menu, click on Options, click on the Other tab, click on the Advanced Options button, and then click on the COM Add-Ins button. Would appreciate any help anyone may have to fix this problem. --Eric Ogawa This problem has been addressed in: "OL2000: Error Message: Not a Valid Office Add-in Starting Outlook" http://support.microsoft.com/supp...

Installation #4

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

CRM SBS install error

Crazy printing ...
I'm using XP (SP2) and XP Office. This includes Publisher 2003. I'm using a Canon S200 printer. This was previously attached to another computer running Win98SE. There were no printing problems. I installed it to the XP system using the Canon CD. Now however it goes crazy when I use Publisher. I'm trying to print a booklet, two A5 pages on a single A4 sheet. Everything pans out in Print Preview. When I print however, all sorts of crazy things happen. It shrinks the text to nothing. It prints portrait instead of landscape. And more. Whatever I tell it to do, it ignores. As far a...

Q2004 Std -Cateogories Tax Assignment Print Glitch
I have found that when "printing" the Category list, even though 2 subcategories are not assigned to a Tax Line Item and are correctly displayed as omitted, they still are identified on the printout as "Schedule A: Doctors, dentists, hospitals, medicine and drugs" within the "Healthcare" category group. Apparently, everything for the Healthcare category group of subcategories must be assigned a tax line item identity for printing purposes. Has anyone experienced this also? I am very sorry, but I incorrectly identified this issue with Q2004. It is r...

Microsoft Office
Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? Thanks MC You certainly should be able to I have xp home and have xl95, xl97sr2, and xl2002 all installed on mine. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MCabot" <ICC@zoomtown.com> wrote in message news:d57c1$43074b60$453dae72$5006@FUSE.NET... > Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? > > > > Thanks > MC > > Not sure what you mean by "dell XP", but see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217883 "Description of the system requirements for all editions of Office 200...

Problems with print preview and printing single page of multi-page report w/sub-reports
Hi All, I've come across a problem with previewing and printing reports in Access 2000 that I can't figure out, and hope someone can help. The problem report is set up with a page header, detail, and page footer. The information in the page header/footer sections is static. Within the detail are a group of controls, two of which are sub-reports. Of the two sub-reports, one in particular appears to be the problem (I'll call it SubA). SubA can shrink and grow and the controls in its detail can shrink/grow also. What I'm noticing is that sometimes the last line of text...

Outlook 2000 switch from Microsoft Exchange to POP3 caused error
I just tried to switch from Microsoft Exchange configuration of Outlook 2000 to POP3. Installlation Wizard asked for CD and I am traveling and do not have it with me. Now I can't switch back to Microsoft Exchange because every time I invoke Outlook it tries to find the CD. How can I get back to my MS Exchange configuration? You can try this, but I can't guarantee it will work. Make sure you select Export from the FIle menu in Registry Editor before deleting anything in this registry key. That way, you can always put it back if something goes wrong. Open Regedit -select St...

Internet Printing: Printer Installation Failed. The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform
Hi. I have a SBS 2003 machine, I have 2 shared printers set up on it for remote users to print via IPP. Both printers are connected to Windows XP workstations. When I browse to https://servername/printers, I see all the printers. I can use the Connect link to install one of the printers on my workstation however if I select the second printer and click on Connect I eventually get the error: Printer Installation Failed The driver files are not available for the current CPU platform. Please contact your administrator to install proper driver files on the server. I've v...

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...