Advice on font for A4 side folded booklet

I preparing a Catholic Mass booklet on an A4 side folded page to give me 4
pages.
I have used Verdana font  8 points and it looks satisfactory.
Page 1 contains the title, a photo etc. The other 3 pages are full.

I am looking for advice as to whether or not there is another font and point
size that might be more suitable.

Thanks

Pat

0
artypan (6)

Verdana's okay - it's not "fancy" so it'll be easy to read. Depending on the
age of the folks who will be reading your program, you may find 8 pt is a
bit small. I wear bifocals and find 10 pt easier to read.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Art" <artypan@iol.ie> wrote in message
>I preparing a Catholic Mass booklet on an A4 side folded page to give me 4
>pages.
> I have used Verdana font  8 points and it looks satisfactory.
> Page 1 contains the title, a photo etc. The other 3 pages are full.
>
> I am looking for advice as to whether or not there is another font and
> point size that might be more suitable.
>
> Thanks
>
> Pat

0
jl_paules (2767)
11/7/2009 2:14:46 AM
JoAnn,
Thanks for your reply.
See my reply to Mary Sauer above

Art

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote in message
> Verdana's okay - it's not "fancy" so it'll be easy to read. Depending on
> the age of the folks who will be reading your program, you may find 8 pt
> is a bit small. I wear bifocals and find 10 pt easier to read.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "Art" <artypan@iol.ie> wrote in message
>>I preparing a Catholic Mass booklet on an A4 side folded page to give me 4
>>pages.
>> I have used Verdana font  8 points and it looks satisfactory.
>> Page 1 contains the title, a photo etc. The other 3 pages are full.
>>
>> I am looking for advice as to whether or not there is another font and
>> point size that might be more suitable.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Pat

0
artypan (6)

Font size changing
Why does my font size in my signature change when I create a new message and doesn't when I'm replying/forwarding? I have it saved with a size 10 font, but when I create a new message it defaults to a size 12. When I reply or forward, it's the correct size. "lish" <lish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5AA1D4D-5C15-49D2-A20B-4E5622A69452@microsoft.com... > Why does my font size in my signature change when I create a new message and > doesn't when I'm replying/forwarding? I have it saved with a size 10 font, > but when...

Font Size of List in Combo Box
Hi, is it possible to change the font size of the words listed in a combo box? I have Excel 2002. Thanks in advance for any feedback. You can change the font size in a combobox from the Control toolbox, by changing the Font properties. If you've use the combobox from the Forms toolbar, you can't change the font size. DB wrote: > Hi, is it possible to change the font size of the words > listed in a combo box? I have Excel 2002. Thanks in > advance for any feedback. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Book fold won't print properly
I have Word 2003 and am trying to print a 4-page booklet with the margins set at .3" and the gutter at 0. The left side of the page prints fine, but the right side prints with an extra .825" margin on the inside. I'm using a custom size paper (7.125" x 9.25") and am wondering if this is causing the problem... Thanks for your help. Some printers have difficulty accommodating custom paper sizes and that can often be overcome by using a standard paper size and adjusting the margins so that the text ends up in the required place on the paper. -- Hope...

Advice
I am going to start a new job in a month looking after an Exchange 2000 server and would like to know if there are any good resources that anyone knows of online for a complete newcomer to all things Exchange as I need to get up to speed pretty sharpish! Most of the sites I've found seem to assume a degree of knowledge and I have none! Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA J My advise is to go an visit your local book store and see what they have fir Exchange 2000, there are some excellent books out there, not sure what knowledge you have with regard to Active Directory but you ...

Excel 97 Fonts
Does anyone know where I can download (preferably for free) and 'Ol English' style font for Excel 97 ? I believe the font I am after is called; EngrvrsOldEng Bd BT Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I've just done a search on Yahoo and found this: http://www.prestoprintinc.com/old/dtpsuprt/pcfntlst/wpsnamdg.html Might be of use. Andy. "jagstirling >" <<jagstirling.14eitj@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jagstirling.14eitj@excelforum-nospam.com... > Does anyone know where I can download (preferably for free) and ...

Font on Export from Access
Using Excel97, XP machine When I export a query from Access into an Excel spreadsheet, the data comes into Excel always as MS Sans Serif. My default font in both Access and Excel is Comic Sans MS. I would like the data to export into the default I've set. Can someone help with this? Thanks ...

OfficeQuestions looking for feedback and advice from Outlook users
Hi all, I am a long-time Outlook user and have used resources like Google and newsgroups for years to help find answers to my questions about many MS Office applications. My biggest frustration with using these types of resources was that it is cumbersome to sift through search engine results to find the answer I needed, and newsgroup threads make it difficult to pick out the best answer among all of the responses. So, I started a new site that I hope will serve the MS Office community by providing an inviting platform for asking and answering questions about MS Access, Excel, InfoPath and ...

How do i customize font colors in Excel 2003?
How do I customize font colors in Excel 2003? You can customize colors in 2003 but not just for fonts. Tools>Options>Color>Modify. Note: this is workbook specific, not a global change. To effect a global change you would have to build a customized Template for New workbooks. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 14 May 2010 12:36:01 -0700, Lori <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I customize font colors in Excel 2003? ...

How to embed fonts in Excel?
Hi, I need to know how to embed fonts in Excel my version of excel is Excel 2003 (11.5612.5606) thanks and regards, David You can't embed fonts in an Excel workbook. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23c501c47d4a$e5a23000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need to know how to embed fonts in Excel > my version of excel is Excel 2003 (11.5612.5606) > > thanks and regards, > David David wrote: > Hi, > > I n...

Special Effects Fonts
Is there a way to create special effect fonts in Publisher 2002? I have pictures that I like to superimpose a halo effect font or glowing fonts onto the pictures. How can I do this? Thanks. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01C3DFFE.94314510 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Publisher does not have those options. If you need and use those type of options a lot, Serif PagePlus 9.0 has = all those options and more with a great range of options covered in FX = (Filter Effects), Instan...

Duplicate Fonts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I searched the forum and didn't see an answer to my question. After installing MS 2008 in FontBook I now have duplicate fonts. I resolved duplicates in FontBook but wanted to know since didn't have issue before MS2008 could I just remove it or will that cause issues of incorrect mapped fonts within the MS suite? <br> Thanks. If you allow FontBook to resolve the duplicates, and delete the ones it finds, it will get things right for you. Reboot when you have finished, so that both OS X and M...

installation advice
I will son be moving from XP and Outlook Express to Windows 7 and therefore maybe to Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird. I therefore need some advice. Being paranoid, I prefer not to participate in cloud computing and would like to have all my mail on my PC and my ISP's mail server. I have POP3 accounts. Is there a way to a) install WLMail without its components (like calendar, etc.) which may reside on MS servers? b) have it place my storage folders on my E: "data partition" and not in the default C: (documents and settings) drive location? Thank you. Jeff ...

Fonts in Signature
Hello, I am having trouble setting up a new signature. The picture (that includes text) that I inserted looks fine. However, it won't take the font size and color change that I have chosen as the default. When I create a new message, the signature comes up properly, but the font remains the same everytime - 10 pt Black Arial. I change all of this info seasonally, so I can't understand why it's not working. Any suggestions? Thank you! I am using Office 2007 on XP "Wendy T." wrote: > Hello, > > I am having trouble setting up a new sign...

Fonts #2
Help!! How can I make my font size larger than 72? Also, I have downloaded many fonts to files but how do I use them in a Document? Desparate for this info!! Thank you Select cell(s), then the font size (in the window). While it is selected, type in the size you want. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Valerie" <Rosa2mob@aol.com> wrote in message news:03f301c394e4$fde678a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Help!! How can I make my font size larger than 72? > Also, I have downloaded many fonts to files but how do I > use them in a Document? &g...

Automatic Font Change
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Whenever I hit an apostrophe, Word automatically changes the font of my document. Even with autocorrect turned off this happens. How can I make it stop? It sounds like you may have smart quotes turned on and the font you are using does not contain them so it switches to one that does. Turn off smart quotes or change fonts. Thank You. ...

Need expert advice (CString)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C583BD.A36C0470 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-874" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ok, the help for CString::GetBufferSetLength reads: LPTSTR GetBufferSetLength( int nNewLength ); throw( CMemoryException ); Return Value An LPTSTR pointer to the object=92s (null-terminated) character buffer. Parameters nNewLength The exact size of the CString character buffer in characters. -------------------------------------------------------------------------= ------- Now call me crazy, b...

Creating a booklet #4
I am using Publisher 2007. I am trying to create a booklet. I import a word document into a new publisher document. everything is ok for an 8.5 X 11 Doc. When I change the page size to 5.5 X 8.5 (two pages per sheet of paper. ) the paper size appears to change but the text remains at the original size. The total page count remains the same as the original. How can I get the text in the text boxes to change. I would think the number of pages should be close to double. Thanks in advance. Create a booklet page setup first. Create a text box on the page where you want the Word docume...

Upgrading Advice
For many years, I have been using Publisher 97 with Windows 95, without problem. Unfortunately, the time has come to upgrade, which at my age (and the fact that I am basically a Luddite), will involve a lot more than just a steep learning curve. I will be upgrading to Windows XP and Publisher 2003. If anybody can remember Publisher 97, do they think I will have many poblems integrating my Publisher 97 files? Also, I have a website created in Publisher at http://www.songwriter.co.uk/ and exported to the web using the Publisher Web Wizard. The only (minor) problem I have had with this was th...

font and fill colors
I'm running excel 2003 and in a worksheet when i change the color of the font and also the background (fill) of a cell, it doesn't display it on the worksheet. However, if i do a print preview it shows all the colors that I've assigned. What is wrong? Hi The high contrast setting may be turned on. There's information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Colour and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rebecca D. Choy wrote: > I'm running excel 2003 and in a worksheet wh...

Change cell font color when cell is clicked
I'm trying to find code that will change the font color or interior color in a cell when the cell is clicked once. Then when the color changes I need to recalculate a formula from a different cell in the same row based on which cell was chosen and had the color change. I was trying the following code as a start but I am getting an "End If without a Block If" error. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("L2:M500")) Is Nothing Then Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 5 End If End Sub Any help is great...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

advice
I am looking for advice. I need a software ( Excel based ) for my tiny business in order to process invoicing and inventory control. Dont have lot of money to pay for it. Can anyone know any place or any excel programmer in order to get the software or some help/guide about how to develop it? I apologise english is not my english. Your feedback will be highly appreciated. Osvaldo, This is a fairly general question, so I must give a fairly general answer. You could make an application for your invoicing and inventory control with Excel, or hire someone to do it. Access would...

Need an advice
Suppose I have a Comment class having properties and their methods like public Comment GetComment(Guid id) And public static List<Comment> GetComments() public static List<Comment> GetCommentsByAuthor(Author id) Now, What I usually do is write the database logic for each of the above methods . That said, Now I am seeing BlogEngine.NET code and He wrote in this way; He wrote the Database logic for GetComments() method and extracted from it for all remaining methods, even for GetComment(Guid id) by using something like FindAll(delegate(Comment comment) { return comm...

setting font size in dos
I am creating a text file which has to be send for printing in DOS format. How do i set the font size. please help and guide me. Best regards Vivek Vivek, To control font sizes printing from DOS, you'll have to send control codes to the printer during print-out (normally a series of unprintable characters). Those are specific for different brands, and you'll have to consult the manual for you printer. To avoid this hassle was one of the main benefits of Windows for us poor programmers :-))) Note also that when you print normal text, the printer will treat it as such, (and not as gr...

chinese fonts
Hi Is there a list/set of chinese fonts available in outlook for email communications? tks ...