Additional Attachments on E-mail mailshots

I have prepared an e-mail mailshot on Publisher, but when mailed to some
e-mail addresses (eg Hotmail) it appears with all of the images, backgrounds
etc as attachments (25 at the last count). I've eliminated a few of these by
using the Design Checker feature. Anyone any ideas as to how I avoid the
rest. I don't think my customers will be too pleased with loads of
attachments.
0
P (87)

Send the publication as a PDF. There are free converters around.
www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here often. If you have 2007 Microsoft has a
save as PDF converter:
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

Most folks have the Reader and new computers come with Acrobat Reader already
installed.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Ian P" <Ian P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have prepared an e-mail mailshot on Publisher, but when mailed to some
> e-mail addresses (eg Hotmail) it appears with all of the images, backgrounds
> etc as attachments (25 at the last count). I've eliminated a few of these by
> using the Design Checker feature. Anyone any ideas as to how I avoid the
> rest. I don't think my customers will be too pleased with loads of
> attachments.

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Copying E-mail messages from backup.pst in a specified folder
On backing up (backup.pst) E-mail messages from Outlook Express, when trying to retrieve through (placing in Inbox) Outlook 2003, I am not able to select the folder under `select the folder to import from'. Please give a suggestion / solution on how to change the folder in `the folder to import from'. By default it is displayed `Email Outbox messages / deleted items. Tks I assume you do not mean Outlook Express. Why are you importing? This is a PST file. You don't have anything you need to convert. Just open the PST file and copy what you want where you want. -- Ru...

No Mail Is Going Into JunkMail Folder
I recently did a new install including Office SP2. No mail is going into the Junkmail folder and this is getting out of hand again. What can be going on here? I have tried setting Low to High and still nothing. Need some real insight on this problem... -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ clintonG <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com> wrote: > I recently did a new install including Office SP2. No mail is going > into the Junkmail folder and this is getting out of hand...

How attach a file in one cell
I'd like to know if it'll be possible attach a file (word, pdf...) in one cell. I'm doing an Excel doc. and I need to put some instructions by doc. attached. in some cells. Thanks! In article <A23394A2-B804-4855-875A-7664B90F4F48@microsoft.com>, How attach a file in the cell <How attach a file in the cell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to know if it'll be possible attach a file (word, pdf...) in one > cell. I'm doing an Excel doc. and I need to put some instructions by doc. > attached. in some cells. Thanks! Cells can contain...

How do I add additional lines to the work sheet.
Just a beginner here. I want to make the page longer with more lines and to include all formulas. Thanks When posting it is nice to include a lot of detail to save time and effort. Do you mean longer than 10 rows or 65000? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "dday504716@aol.com" <dday504716@aol.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83FFEBA0-570D-431C-A099-742DEE8D6E70@microsoft.com... > Just a beginner here. I want to make the page longer with more lines and > to > include all formulas. > Thanks ...

Avoid sending attachments
I am trying to construct a message that lists the results of a query along with a standard message line. I could just send the results from the query as a report attachment, however, I am trying to avoid sending attachments. Does anyone know how to do this? Any help is surely appreciated The email would look similar to this: To: name Subject: results Body: Here is the results: <query results pasted here> You could dynamically populate the data into HTML format. Read a previous post on the subject found at http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.office.developer.outlook....

Windows Mail removes attachment from one or more senders
Why does my Windows Mail on Vista remove attachments from messages from one particular sender who has a different IPS? When my server downloads messages to Windows Mail, I often get a message telling me, essentially, that "Windows Mail has removed attachment which was 'unsafe.' I can go out to the server and see the attachment, open it without any problems, but as soon as I open my Windows Mail, that same message has had the attachment removed by Windows Mail. The attachment is not removed. Access to it is blocked by your settings. If you clicked on that message...

viewing attachments #4
I just upgrades my e-mail interface from outlook express '97 to outlook '03. Ever since I did that I cannot view or access any attachments! Before I could not only see previews of (for example) pictures in the body of the message, but could also click on the paperclip and pull the full attachment up. Now I get a message that says "The system can not find the path specified". What is going on here? Am I missing a hidden setting somewhere? Help! Thanks! ...

Mail Message Rules
I have ***SPAM*** as an e-mail message rule in my outlook express. I have it programed to have everything with this in the subject to be thrown in a specified folder. Some stuff gets sent to the assigned folder, but others filter through to my inbox. What am I doing wrong? It's like whenever it feels like throwing it into my specified folder it does. Very strange. Any help at this time is greatly apprecited! Rob D. <robd@a.com> wrote: > I have ***SPAM*** as an e-mail message rule in my outlook > express. I have it programed to have everything with this > in the...

Send Internal Mail Externally
I have a subsidiary that we connect to through a vpn tunnel. They are not a part of our Exchange organization. They use lotus notes for email. We are unable to telnet into their server and we believe that for some reason port 25 is being blocked internally. Is there any way to ensure that email to this subsidiary travels externally rather than internally? We are running Exchange 2003 sp2 on W2K3 server sp1. There is no lotus notes connector of any kind. All email directed to them is sitting in the queue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. CK ...

Question RE: Internet Mail
I have a client who has a new install of SBS2003 that is running Exchange. The default DNS domain setup using the default of SBS is: mydomain.local They have an internet domain (schererelectric.com) that is hosted outside by a hosting provider. Right now, their outlook is doing corporate mail off of exchange. On one of the machines, the outlook configuration has an internet mail connector in addition to the exchange connector. this internet mail connector logs in and retrieves mail from their external mail server. I have two questions: First, If I have the Exchange connector (in outlook)...

i can't send mail
hi sir i am facing problem in sending mails . please help me i am waiting your response. Regards Anup sharma "Anup Sharma" <anup22sharma@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Tk9RHyNLHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > hi sir > i am facing problem in sending mails . please help me i am waiting your > response. > > Regards > Anup sharma How to set up gmail in Windows Mail. http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383 Ensure that you enable your account at the gmail site. If you still have problems then copy and paste ...

Attachment error opening Word in Outlook
Error of : The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions: * Check the file permissions fo rthe document or drive. *Use the File Open dialog box to locate the document. The file does eventually open after three error boxes pop up. It is not an HTML file or anything listed on the knowledgebase. Anyone have any ideas? If not, probably will reinstall office 2000. ...

incomming mail placed in trashcan not inbox
All of the incomming mail is placed directly into the trashcan. Before it is even read. The trash looks as if it is the inbox. ...

Outlook 2002 block access ... attachments:
Does anyone have a work around or solution to "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment "? This is due to the security patch installed. There is a workaround but only if you are running an Exchange Server. Try forwarding the message and see if you can then download the attachment. If not, setup a hotmail account (or other internet based email) and forward it to that account, then download it from there. >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone have a work around or solution to "Outlook >blocked access to the following potential...

Cannot receive mail on a newly installed computer
Hi This is very weird. I have installed a lot of windows xp computers but this one, everything works perfect; but i cannot receive mail on this one. Outlook is able to perform its testing routine without problem. I can send mail also, but cannot receive. When I press the "send/receive" button it just flashes by without any error messages. I have tried with outlook express on the same computer: Same result. The mail account is a standard POP3/SMTP mail, and works on a laptop with win xp. I have installed ALL patches for Office XP and Windows XP. I've tried to disable the win...

Mail Merge for Multiple Pages of Contacts
My contacts for a mail merge for labels consist of multiple pages. I know I can export to Excel and do the mail merge from there; however, Is there any supported way from CRM to carry all contacts over for the merge? Thanks. Unfortunately, this was a design limitation of the CRM V3 mail merge. Sorry. -- Arne Marquez Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "DStella" <DStella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35A3C0A2-7316-4DE9-861F-46AB0BEE8F13@microsoft.com... > My contacts for a m...

Publisher Mail Merge #5
I use an Excel text, tab delimited file to complete a mail merge in Publisher. I recently got a laptop & the merge will not work on the new computer. The columns on the date source are no longer separated & it only gives one option for a field instead of the multiple fields I normally have. The merge still works perfectly on my old computer, just not the new one. Anybody know what may be causing this and how to correct it? Thank you! This probably is an Excel problem. Could be your MDAC components are not up to date. Are you getting an error message? Is the OS different on the ...

Message-ID not getting sent in e-mail headers
Hello, I am told that the reason a specific company cannot receive our e-mails is because they do not contain a Message ID in the message header. In fact, they do not. I have ruled out problems with the mail server and suspect that it is a problem with Outlook 2003. Messages sent from a machine running Outlook 2000 contain a message ID. Messages sent from a machine running Outlook 2003 from the same account do not contain a message ID. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Regards, Robin ...

Albert Kallal Mail Merge Code
Albert; Read the posts/threads re:Exporting from Access to a Word Template. Wonderful. Your solution is simple and to the point. (Wish Microsoft.com was as easy.) I'm developing a commercial application in Access. Can I use Your code in my application? Andy Yes, you can use it as you wish. I do ask that you leave the comments and my name in the code. -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal Albert; THANK YOU!!! And YES definitely YOUR name will be included in my application. THANK Y...

Hoiw to add sound files to ALL outgoing mails
How do I add a wav file so it plays whenever an email from me is opened by a recipient? Now that is a way to really annoy all your recipients.... "Steve Goodson" <steveg@saxgourmet.com> wrote in message news:Zhmbc.647$FX.278@bignews2.bellsouth.net... > How do I add a wav file so it plays whenever an email from me is opened by a > recipient? > > There is a pretty cool little page on this that I tried recently and it worked for me... Background sound support in Outlook... http://www.neostorm.net/outlook/bgsound.htm NOTE: If the recipient has their email set ...

Help Please! Linking mail to BCM contacts/accounts
I am trying to link email to contacts within Business Contact Manager. I have followed all the instructions, done the automatically lin existing emails. Emails to/from the specific contact link just fine. When I try to link an email from a third party manually, it does no show up in the history of the contact. Is this a problem with my program? I have linked things this way i outlook before. It makes no sense to only be able to link email to/from the contact you are linking to. Please help! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~...

Outlook Won't Send Attachments #2
I recently reformatted my HD and reinstalled all my programs. Everything seems to work just fine, except that attachments in Outlook messages do not seem to get sent. I'm running Symantec AV, but this happens even with the AV software turned off. I've downloaded all the MS updates, both for Office and the OS. I checked with my ISP and they see the messages come through without the attachments. Any ideas? Win XP Pro Office XP Symantec Internet Security / NAV 9.05.15 Thanks in advance for your help. Vic Napier I a, having the same problems. The only difference is that I am...

Autocomplete names and e-mail addresses
I'm trying to invoke the e-mail address autocomplete feature with no luck. In Tools/Options/E-mail Options/Advanced E-mail Options, in the "When sending a message" section, I've got a check next to "Suggest names when completing To, Cc, Bcc fields"...but when I type a name in the "To" box, nothing happens. If I type a letter and then click the "To" button, the name will complete AND the Select Names dialog box appears. I don't think this is the way it's supposed to work. Any suggestions? AutoComplete in Outlook 2002 and later w...

Importing message rules and mail accounts
Hi, I just upgraded to a larger HDD. I installed Office 2003 and Outlook. Now I want to restore all my message rules and mail accounts from my old HDD but do not know where they are located. I did find the mail storage folder (C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook) and was able to import my emails, calendar etc. but the message rules, mail accounts and those little reply "wiggles" were not included. I hope there is a way to easily import or copy them onto the new HDD. Thank you, AJS Please do not multi-post. See your answer ...

mailing lists
If the powers that be wish to send a 5mb attachment to 15,000 addresses, what are my difficulties in accomplishing this. I've been told by numerous list server software companies that it is not feasible, and the standard is a 50-100kb attachment. We will be moving to Exchange, and I was wondering if it feasible? In order to create a Distribution Group (DL) in AD you need to create contacts for the foreign smtp addresses. With 15,000 addresses you would need to script this. You would then need to make sure that Exchange had no restrictions on attachment sizes or number of recipients....