adding pdf files to a publisher document

I'd like to add a pdf file as a page in Publisher. Can I do this without
opening up the pdf file? I can add an object, but pdf is not on the list of
objects.
0
campgus (1)

No, not unless you have Acrobat (not just the free reader). And even then
there seem to be posters who can't but I can with no problem.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"campgus" <campgus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to add a pdf file as a page in Publisher. Can I do this without
> opening up the pdf file? I can add an object, but pdf is not on the list
> of
> objects.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
11/21/2005 11:22:12 AM
If you have Adobe Reader 7.0 or Acrobat 7.0, you can go to Insert > Object >
Create from File and browse to the PDF file, then click ok.

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.
"campgus" <campgus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to add a pdf file as a page in Publisher. Can I do this without
> opening up the pdf file? I can add an object, but pdf is not on the list
> of
> objects.

0
bkvalheim1 (519)

WordArt causes Publisher to encouter a problem
I have tried other methods listed on here and have had no luck. It would seem that when I add a wordart to a file, close the file, and reopen that file I get this message... Microsoft Publisher has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. AppName: mspub.exe AppVer: 10.0.6815.0 ModName: mspub.exe ModVer: 10.0.6815.0 Offset: 00012ad0 I can open previous files with Wordart but not new ones. I can't recall any recent changes made to my computer. I also have received this message on other files I have created but I can still open them... Publisher h...

PST File issues
On "old" computer running Outlook 2002. Exported PST file AND made a copy of it with Outlook closed. On "new" computer. Installed Outlook 2002, the ran upgrade to 2003. Tried to do an import from 2002 pst using both the exported one and the copied one, got error " Operation failed. Object could not be found". I noticed the profile created when I did the upgrade made an "old" style pst (ansi). I tried to create a second, unicode pst but the only option I get when I try to create a datafile is to create a "Business Contact Manager...

How to insert an Excel landscape document into a portrait Word doc
I have a Word document in portrait style and need to insert an Excel Spreadsheet which is in landscape. Is that possible? Please clarify. Landscape and Portrait are simply print orientation in whichever document is being printed. Are you inserting a complete workbook into Word? Are you inserting a range from a worksheet into Word? Maybe you need two separate print jobs? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:57:01 -0700, Heidi <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Word document in portrait style and need to insert an Excel >Spr...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Export DataTable to XML using XSL file
Hi I'd like to get a populated datatable, create an in memory xml document (file shouldn't be more than a couple of meg), load an XSLT file, do a transform and stream it to a browser. What am I Missing please? MemoryStream strm = new MemoryStream(); XmlWriter writer = XmlWriter.Create(strm); DataTable dataTbl = new myBLL().GetAll(); dataTbl.WriteXml(writer); // Load the style sheet. XslCompiledTransform xslt = new XslCompiledTransform(); xslt.Load(Server.MapPath("~/docs/Accounts.xsl")); // Execute the transform and output the results to a file. xslt.Transform(?, f...

auto open .xla file
hi all, i've downloaded and used rowliner by cpearson and find it very useful. is there a way to autostart it whenever i open an excel file? tnx! -- rp Hi RP, In Excel, Tools | Add-Ins | Check the Rowlier Add-in | OK If the add-in is not listed, use the browse button to navigate to it. --- Regards, Norman "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:u85Drds9EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi all, > > i've downloaded and used rowliner by cpearson and find it very useful. is > there a way to autostart it whenever i open an excel file? &...

error "Disk full while accessing <file mane>" is getting
Platform - Windows 2003 Server, OleDB, VC 2005 Database - Oracle, Microsoft Access Hi, I have developed multithread application. Each worker thread uses CFile to access file placed on remote machine. Sometime program report error like "Disk full while accessing <File name>" or "An unknown error occurred while accessing <File Name>". Can anyone tell me why my program is getting such exception? Vijay Singh EDISPHERE Software Could it be you are opening the file exclusively in a different thread. Or Could the disk actually be full? Or Maybe ...

ADDING A NUMBER

index_files : Directory Publishing Problem
Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300 times) This is getting annoying. How do I make publisher do it right? The other things is it puts all my files in www.a45.i8.com/index_files instead of using the root path of www.a45.i8.com. Please help this is getting bad! Adam6979 wrote: > Each time I publish my site to the web using Publisher I have to go into the > index.htm file and remove index_files from the paths (currently about 300 > times) This is getting annoying. Ho...

adding new records

Linking to a Password Protected Document in Excel 2000
I have a document that is password protected. I also have a file that references the protected files for many of the its formulas. Each time I open the file and update the links I am prompted multiple times (once for each cell reference to the protected file) for the password. Is there any setting so that a user is only prompted once for the password to a reference file that is protected? I know that one option is just to copy the tabs from my referencing file into the protected file, but it would be nice to keep the documents separate. Thanks, Andrew One option might be to disable th...

When adding attachments...

Finally, a SIMPLE solution for Excel file Consolidation
After reading about everyone's search for a consolidation program for Excel sheets and replying to individual posts I decided to create a new topic to let everyone know about a BRAND NEW consolidation software on the market. After 10 years of production a new standard in the way Excel files are consolidated is finally here!! www.quartermain.com The following 4 features make up the heart and soul of Consolidate! Consolidation is Automatic -------------------------- * Whole Spreadsheets merged across files * No linking formulas, macros, add-ins, or programming * Stand alone application, ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Compare music files on different drives. WMP11 for XP
I have Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP. I am showing duplicates of most of my albums because I have stupidly put my music on two separate drives. Each drive/folder contains several thousand music albums. Now I want to compare the contents of these two large music folders. Most of the files in the two folders are identical—that is, the same albums, but there is some disparity, and that is what I want to find out, because I want to put all the albums I have on a single drive, then use the other (a portable hard drive) as back up. I don't see a way to do this with WMP, a...

Max file size
Is there a max file size for an excel workbook? Thanks! The only limitation is dictated by how much memory your computer has. HTH Otto "Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C55F6D8E-4A55-4350-8945-56DE99B3CF20@microsoft.com... > Is there a max file size for an excel workbook? > > Thanks! > > (And also how much patience you have!) Bill --------------- Otto Moehrbach wrote: > The only limitation is dictated by how much memory your computer has. HTH > Otto > "Shane" <Shane@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Adding alternate columns

Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'
Hi, I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my Money 2003 Deluxe: "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'". I checked the folder mentioned and my WinXP user account has the privilges on that folder (as it is supposed to have). How I can solve it? Thank in advance. Di Fresco Marco > I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my > Money 2003 Deluxe: > "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and > Settings\[USER]\Local...

how a file can change its type from '.xls' to '.tmp'
I have a file that keeps changing its name by itself and if I change it back it locks the file It sounds like you are attempting to change a Template file into a Workbook file. Templates are intended to remain as such so that new workbooks can be created based on tem rather than alway using blank workbooks that have to be restructured each time. It's best to not OPEN the template. Instead use File>New or depending on version of Excel, New from Template in the Task Pane. When you save the new file it will prompt you for a name and be saved as a .xls as usual. HTH |:>) "...

Adding fields from a different query

how can I convert a XLS file into a CSV file
I have a program that uses CSV files. when I need to adapt the configuration, i open it in excell and save it as a xls file, but xls files are not accepted in my program. When I save my XLS file as CSV I receive a message and I can't use this new file in my program. Until now I have used a free trial program to convert between CSV and XLs, but I think it is very expensif. You save it in Excel as a CSV (Something.csv). You then close the file, go into Explorer and rename it to .txt (Something.txt). You have to be sure that you are using the correct character count, file setup etc...