Add space after each numbered or bulleted item

I need to make rather long lists of paragraphs that are several lines long.
The numbered list feature forces a new number and a new line upon hitting
enter. this is expected behavior. However, I need a space between the items
to make each item stand out. In Word if I hit enter again, a new number is
issued as expected. However if I arrow up to the first empty space and hit
the backspace, the number will be removed, the following number will be
changed to next sequential number and the empty line remain. Publisher,
however insists on starting a new number sequence. Is there any way to
change the formating to make Publisher behave as Word does?  Jim

0
murf (3)

TheMurf wrote:
> I need to make rather long lists of paragraphs that are several lines long.
> The numbered list feature forces a new number and a new line upon hitting
> enter. this is expected behavior. However, I need a space between the items
> to make each item stand out. In Word if I hit enter again, a new number is
> issued as expected. However if I arrow up to the first empty space and hit
> the backspace, the number will be removed, the following number will be
> changed to next sequential number and the empty line remain. Publisher,
> however insists on starting a new number sequence. Is there any way to
> change the formating to make Publisher behave as Word does?  Jim

No, but that's not the "proper" way to accomplish what you're looking
for, anyway. The correct way is to use paragraph spacing (specifically,
Space After Paragraph), which is available under Format > Paragraph (in
2003 and later; I forget what it was in 2002 and earlier). This works in
both Publisher and Word, and means you can't forget to add the gap
between a pair of items, and means that if the text overflows into a new
text box/page, you don't get the blank space at the top of the new text
box/page.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
> TheMurf wrote:
>> I need to make rather long lists of paragraphs that are several lines
>> long. The numbered list feature forces a new number and a new line
>> upon hitting enter. this is expected behavior. However, I need a
>> space between the items to make each item stand out. In Word if I hit
>> enter again, a new number is issued as expected. However if I arrow
>> up to the first empty space and hit the backspace, the number will be
>> removed, the following number will be changed to next sequential
>> number and the empty line remain. Publisher, however insists on
>> starting a new number sequence. Is there any way to change the
>> formating to make Publisher behave as Word does?  Jim
>
> No, but that's not the "proper" way to accomplish what you're looking
> for, anyway. The correct way is to use paragraph spacing
> (specifically, Space After Paragraph), which is available under Format
>  > Paragraph (in 2003 and later; I forget what it was in 2002 and
> earlier). This works in both Publisher and Word, and means you can't
> forget to add the gap between a pair of items, and means that if the
> text overflows into a new text box/page, you don't get the blank space
> at the top of the new text box/page.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

In both Word 2003 and Pub 2003 Enter will start a new line with a new
number and SHIFT+ ENTER will start a new blank line.
The next Enter will start a line with the next number.

I think this has been the Proper way for many versions. I only have Word
2003 but it also works in PUB 95.
--
John G.

0
Greentest1 (225)
3/4/2007 10:54:20 PM
John G wrote:
> In both Word 2003 and Pub 2003 Enter will start a new line with a new
> number and SHIFT+ ENTER will start a new blank line.
> The next Enter will start a line with the next number.
>
> I think this has been the Proper way for many versions. I only have Word
> 2003 but it also works in PUB 95.

That's the proper way to start a second line (with text on) within a
numbered element. Not the recommended way to leave blank space between
each list item, though.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org
0
the_nerd (6344)

how to read the serial number of a mother board?
Any code can read the serial number of a mother board? any example? Thanks! Crystal On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:07:16 +0800, "Crystal Lin" <linwingyee@hotmail.com> wrote: >Any code can read the serial number of a mother board? any example? Thanks! > Do all computers have "mother boards" and do all mother boards have serial numbers? > Any code can read the serial number of a mother board? any example? Thanks! You can read the Serial Number of the hard drive using DiskId32 at http://www.winsim.com/diskid32/diskid32.html . Lynn Let me guess: another mis...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

can I get cells with a minus number to show zero
I have a cell which has a basic formula in (adding up from 2 other cells) This number can end up being a minus number (-167), If this happens I need to be able to make that minus number appear as a zero (0). Is this possible? please help. =IF(A1+B1<0,0,A1+B1) Alternative =MAX(0,A1+B1) Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 7 May 2005 08:28:03 -0700, "marcus1066" <marcus1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a cell which has a basic formula in (adding up from 2 other cells) >This number can end up being a minus number (-167), If this happens I need to >be...

Excel Add Ins

Number entered automatically cut off
Hello, When I enter 100, it display 1, When I enter 1000, it display 10, ChefChaudart, Is that bad ? <grin> That is one of those things that everyone runs into you change the option and it doesn't seem to do anything so you leave it changed. If you enter a decimal point everything is normal i.e. 1000. or 1000.50 but if you fail to enter a decimal point your option in Tools, Options, Edit (tab), [x] fixed decimals 2 will be used. Remove the checkmark and you'll be fine. You can try that on your boss at April Fool's time as long as their not doing your sal...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

highest number #2
Hi, Let's keep the problem simple. I have one cell that uses an exchange rate from the internet. That cell changes every minute. What I want to do: In an other cell, I want to keep the highest exchange rate ever. So for example: 6:00 exchange rate = 5.00 -- highest exchange rate is 5.00 6:01 exchange rate = 4.98 -- highest exchange rate is 5.00 6:02 exchange rate = 5.02 -- highest exchange rate is 5.02 6:03 exchange rate = 5.01 -- highest exchange rate is 5.02 6:04 exchange rate = 5.03 -- highest exchange rate is 5.03 Of course nor for any minute I use a new cell, it just change the n...

Number of active sheets
I have Office 2003 installed to Windows 2003 terminal servers but I have a problem with on of our users and excel. The issue is that when the user is trying to have multiple spreadsheets opened he keeps getting the message "This operations has been cancelled due to system restrictions- Contact your system Administrator" I can find no setting in excel to enforce a limit on the number of speadsheets a user can have open. Thanks in advance fo any advise Michael Not an expert in these matters, but; Is it possible that the user is trying to initiate another session of Excel vs....

sent items rule
I'm using two email accounts on the same computer, both mailboxes are open in my outlook. When I'm using my default email, emails that I'm sending goes to my sent ite ms folder. The problem is with emails that I'm sending behalf the other account. Instead of going to the other account sent items folder, they goes to mine either. Is there a rule or some other way that can move emails that were sent behalf the other account to it's sent items folder instead of mine ? The configuration is outlook2003+exchange2003 working in exchange mode. Thanks. Have you tried setti...

Number to Number "Data Type Mismatch in Expression" in Join
I am attempting to write a query joining two linked tables in a query by payroll number (all numeric). When write the query and join by payroll number I get the "Data Type Mismatch in Expression" error. Both tables have the Data Type as "Number", but the only difference I can tell is one has "Field Size" as "Decimal" and the other has "Field Size" as "Double". I have even tried to join on the VAL() of each payroll number field with no luck. Any ideas? "Decimal" and "Double" are actually different dat...

MS Office X Exceeds Number of....
Clicked standard Mac Office upgrade yesterday, now Entourage is disabled because of message the reads This installation of Microsoft Office X exceeds the number of installations permitted by the license agreement. User name is already using this installation of Microsoft Office X. The program will now quit. I have MS Office package with 3 product keys. I'm using my laptop now, but originally it was installed on my primary desktop Mac. What's the solution to this problem? SHould I be concerned about preserving my emails -- on Entourage, if I need to reload software? Please advise....

Problem with outgoing emails not moving to the sent items folder
Hi all, I've just started having a problem with outgoing emails. They are sent but stay in my outbox and keep sending themselves with out moving to the sent items folder. I get incoming emails fine but this is causing my mates grief. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Paul I had the same problem and found out that it was MacAfee Antivirus scanning your outgoing email that caused the trouble. I turned it off and all is well. good luck >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >I've just started having a problem with outgoing emails. They are sent but >stay in my outbo...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

CListCtrl derived class and disabling item selection
Hello everybody. I have a CListCtrl derived class wich is also owner draw. Now I need to disable selecting items. So user should be able to see the list and be able to scroll it and everything. But selecting items should be disabled. I wrote a handle for OnLButtonDown which give me an opportunity to handle mouse button clicking and so user can't select the item by mouse. But it is still possible by arrows. I tried to handle VKeyToItem but it aseems never get called. So in my case how can I disable selecting items by arrows also. Or is there any better way to do that all together? PS...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Disableing items in CLIstCtrl
Hello, Is there a way to disable an item in CListCtrl so that the item is gray out and a user won't be able to select it. Thank You! At this point I think you have to go to an owner-draw list control and do it yourself. You also have to prevent the selection from happening. joe On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 11:03:17 -0400, "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote: >Hello, > > Is there a way to disable an item in CListCtrl so that the item is gray >out and a user won't be able to select it. > >Thank You! > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]...

add a DC in a LegSite

Why does Publisher insert a leading space when pasting text?
When I paste text from MS Word into MS Publisher a space is inserted at the beginning of each paragraph. How can I prevent this? Paste special as unformatted text. Or with your cursor in the text box, select all, format, paragraph, set before paragraph 0pt. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Saints RFC fan" <SaintsRFCfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E41BD3C-057D-4275-9832-8EE6AAA80243@microsoft.com... > When I past...

excel add-ons