Active content warning when on a CD

We have developed some documents in Publisher put them on a CD. When the CD
is inserted we have the pages come up automatically using autorun.inf. How
ever before the pages come up the following error comes up:

"Active content can harm your computer or disclose personal information. Are
you sure that you want to allow CDs to run active content on your computer?"

We didn't add any active content that we know of to the documents. How do I
get rid of this message or remove the active content?
0
JRLyon (1)

How did you "compile" (that's the best term I can think of) the Publisher
documents to create the autorun feature?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JR Lyon" <JRLyon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have developed some documents in Publisher put them on a CD. When the
> CD
> is inserted we have the pages come up automatically using autorun.inf. How
> ever before the pages come up the following error comes up:
>
> "Active content can harm your computer or disclose personal information.
> Are
> you sure that you want to allow CDs to run active content on your
> computer?"
>
> We didn't add any active content that we know of to the documents. How do
> get rid of this message or remove the active content?

0
jl_paules (2767)
10/5/2006 6:15:10 PM
JR Lyon wrote:
> "Active content can harm your computer or disclose personal information. Are
> you sure that you want to allow CDs to run active content on your computer?"
>
> We didn't add any active content that we know of to the documents. How do I
> get rid of this message or remove the active content?

Windows/IE will always (as far as I can tell) display this warning when
aspect of the Publisher-generated content. This is one reason why using
Publisher to develop a web page (for local or internet viewing) isn't
big or clever.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Autoreply based on message contents
Hello, I would like to do an autoreply based on message contents. So if a message comes in with for example, the words "superbowl tickets", it replies with "yes please". Of course I don't want it to fire for just "superbowl", or just "tickets", but "superbowl tickets" or "superbowl AND "tickets" would be fine. The problem is, Outlook seems to allow an "or" (it puts it in automatically when you add multiple entries to the search text during rule creation), but you don't see to able to use an "and". ...

VBA to select all cells with content
Hi I need some advice with some VBA coding. I need to select all the cells in my worksheet which have content. Effectively selecting from A1 to the last cell in the last row , whichever it happens to be.. Can someone help with this? Thanks Try Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Select -- HTH Bob "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:LSmplIAFvRtLFwPL@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > Hi > > I need some advice with some VBA coding. > > I need to select all the cells in my worksheet which have content...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Clearing contents
I am having spread sheets with data, cell shading and in some cells comments How do I go about all cell comments in a couple of key strokes at least presently I am selecting individual cells> right click> delete comment Any better way? Afd This macro will clear all comments from the selected area: Sub clear_comments() Selection.ClearComments End Sub Just select the cells with the comments in and run the macro. Alternatively, if you don't want a macro in your workbook, select the cells, then Alt-F11 to bring up the VBE, then CTRL-G to enter the immedia...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Viewing of HTML Email Content w/ Embedded Images
Currently, we are receiving email feed into our application via POP3. What we would like to do is to view (and possibly work with) HTML emails, including those with embedded images, without having to save anything to disk, or any other "messy" operations. Reason being that some of our clients have restrictive disk access policies. Now from my understanding of HTML email, embedded images are actually attached files that are then referenced by a link in the email. To view in a HTML viewer, the image needs to be saved to disk somewhere. Is this correct, or can it be...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Asking for cd when opening 99
I recently upgr4aded to xp pro. I loaded the Money99 cd I have and for some reason wheneverI open the program a window opens and says there is no cd in the machine. I click cancel and the program works fine. How do I stop this from happening? Thanks, Bill I am guessing that Money is looking for the video help files. One way you could get rid of the message would be to copy the CD onto your hard disk and reinstall from there. Unfortunately this wastes a lot of space. -- "wmars1776" <wmars1776@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D613621D-D232-4DFB-96D0-...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

Publisher CD Key #2
I have previously installed Publisher and now when I try to open the program it asks me for my CD key. I do not have the jewel case that has the CD key on it anymore. What do I do now? Thanks. Bummer hey!!! Bill Gates urgently needs your money, go and buy the latest version. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" Hi Vince, Assuming you are in the US, call Microsoft at (425) 635-7056. It's not a toll-free number but they can get you up and running relatively quickly. The call may cost you a few bucks (under $5) for the call. I h...

"fixed objects will move" warning
Dear experts, I am trying to post this again as I haven't solved my issue yet. I have a long spreadsheet (3000 rows) with columns where many cells contain comments. This causes the spreadsheet to give this warning message "fixed objects will move" whenever I try to autofilter.... and I need to hit escape hundred times to get rid of this message. Can you imagine how bad this can be when the users are going to have to use this and autofilter items in the spredasheet! Can you please help me? Any hint is precious. I have already tried the hint from the previous post t...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

How to disable security warning?
When my corporate Outlook comes up, it displays a security warning. "ThisOutlookSession" contains macros. Macros may contain viruses. It is usually safe to disable macros, but if the macros are legitimate, you might lose some functionality. In this case, the macros are ones that I've added to the system and want to use. How do I turn off the security warning? -- Richard Lewis Haggard www.Haggard-And-Associates.com Richard, It's kind of a pain in the neck. You have to certify your own macros. This can be done with the SELFCERT.EXE utility inside of C:\Program Files\...

Quick Campaign creating duplicate activities
When I run a quick campaign for either a contact list or an account list, I get 2 activities per contact or account. It does it for any activity type (e-mail, letter, etc) Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know how (or even where to start) to fix this? If I create a quick campaign for 5 contacts, I would like only 5 activities to be created. Thanks Seems like some how your deployment has duplicate workflow process definition for bulk operation. This definition is created during setup. I dont know how your system might have got into that state. Did you run installation or repair ...

Determine cluster mode Active/Active or Active/Passive??
This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering. We have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job. I need to apply the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the process down. What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and excluster2. If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have both and both are online. Same deal with Active Resources. So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup? Thanks for any info Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Excha...

Workflow multiplicate activities
I have created 4 workflows for one entity. Each of them starts when the value of custom picklist has been changed. Each of the workflows has stop line at the end. Unfortunatelly for some picklist options there are 4-5 times more created duplicate activities. Is there somebody, who can tell me what is the reason for that ? Best regards, Omega ...

Mail-merge set as default to create activities?
Hello, After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to create activities for these records, does anyone know if you can get it to default to yes rather then no. My client would like to try and stop people from forgetting to clieck yes! Thanks, Katherine If you have an onpremise deployment then you can go and update the <wwwroot>\tools\mailmerge\trackactivities.aspx page and move the checked option from radio button "radNoTrack" to "radTrack". "K" wrote: > Hello, > > After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to cre...

How can I close multiple activities at once
From a customer I got the question: is it possible to close multiple activities (f.i. 300 phonecall created by a Quick Campaign) at once? They DON'T want to delete them! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

Storage Limit Warning Messages Are Not in the Client Language
Hello we use several Exchange servers in a large organisation. All of them are installed in english. One of the servers creates Storage Limit Warning Messages sometimes in english and sometimes in german. I know that the last client is responsible for the language. But which client connects at night, when the system creates the messages? I compared the Exchange servervs and found some different things. An http client is still in connection to the large mailbox, the windows account is "NT Authority\system" and it has the localeID 1031. Further the "systemmailbox{xxx} is ac...