Acrobat Reader #2

When opening acrobat reader, it asks for the microsoft
publisher 2003 cd.  When you insert the cd the file it is
looking for cannot be found.  I think the file name is
sku019.cab or something very similar.  This is getting to
be very annoying.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
0
chubbard (5)

The exact error would be preferable to an almost. Reinstall the Reader.
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Charles" <chubbard@mh2.com> wrote in message
> When opening acrobat reader, it asks for the microsoft
> publisher 2003 cd.  When you insert the cd the file it is
> looking for cannot be found.  I think the file name is
> sku019.cab or something very similar.  This is getting to
> be very annoying.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
laserdog (1122)
6/8/2004 9:44:08 PM
That is the exact error, Microsoft Publisher 2003 was
installed after Acrobat Reader 6.01.  I uninstalled
Acrobat Reader and then reinstalled it and the darn thing
is still looking for an obscure file called SKU019.CAB on
the Microsoft Publisher 2003 CD.  From my experience with
any Office, Visio, Project, FrontPage or Publisher 2003,
the updates and such are very much a pain because even if
you have the CD, there is invariably one CAB file that is
not on the original CD.  I think Microsoft should not
release their new products until they are ready for prime
time.  Afterall who is there competition?  Fed up with
them.  Guess I'll hit Google and set how to hack around
this.  I spend most of my day searching the Microsoft
Knowledge Base looking for fixes to weird things that
happen to various Office products.  The 2003 version of
these products are by far the worst to deal with.

Thanks anyway for your answer.

0
chubbard (5)
6/9/2004 4:44:15 PM
A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from
Charles <chubbard@mh2.com>!"...
> I think Microsoft should not
> release their new products until they are ready for prime
> time.

Microsoft do not generally release products until they are ready.
Occasionally there may be exceptions when there is an urgent need for the
new product (a security update for a newly-discovered hole).

I don't see why you are blaming this problem on Microsoft when it seems to
be Adobe Reader that is relying on something that doesn't come from Adobe.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
6/9/2004 4:51:43 PM
Look an annoyed person says, so what is the answer oh
great knowledgable one?  For maybe I have sinned in my
harshness of Microsoft?  All joking around aside, I really
would like to know where to find the imfamous sku019.cab.
I have ran into issues like this in the past and it really
is hard to locate a CAB file when the msocache folder has
been deleted and the requested file is not on the original
CD.  Oh well guess I will keep searching unless you guys
want to chime in.  Just overworked and underpaid.  Sorry
for the rant :-))

Later....

0
chubbard (5)
6/9/2004 5:33:18 PM
Completely uninstall the Reader, then re-install. I find nothing in any search that
comes close to this error. I do know if you install the full version of Acrobat
before Office, Acrobat will not show up on the Office toolbar.
SKU is short for a Stock Keeping Unit.
Have you scanned for spyware?
How to use an Office 2003 Setup log file to troubleshoot Setup problems
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826511&Product=off20

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Look an annoyed person says, so what is the answer oh
> great knowledgable one?  For maybe I have sinned in my
> harshness of Microsoft?  All joking around aside, I really
> would like to know where to find the imfamous sku019.cab.
> I have ran into issues like this in the past and it really
> is hard to locate a CAB file when the msocache folder has
> been deleted and the requested file is not on the original
> CD.  Oh well guess I will keep searching unless you guys
> want to chime in.  Just overworked and underpaid.  Sorry
> for the rant :-))
>
> Later....

0
laserdog (1122)

Adobe Acrobat
Does anyone know how to take an Adobe Acrobat document and move it into an Excel spreadsheet? I need to move the information into the columns for my new report. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Jeff M Since Excel cannot read a PDF file your best bet may be opening the file in the Adobe Reader and copying the text to the clipboard. After pasting in Excel more parsing will probably be needed to get the data in the right columns. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Acrobat plug-in
Yesterday, I had the free Acrobat Reader, and weblinks to pdfs opened perfectly in my browser. I just upgraded to Acrobat Professional. Now, weblinks to pdfs are refusing to open and demanding a plug-in. What do I do? You can find the Adobe Product Support Centers here: http://www.adobe.com/support/ When you contact them, be sure to include some basic information, like what version of Windows you have and what version of Internet Explorer you have. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Mike Row Soft wrote: > Yesterday, I had the free Acrobat Reader, and weblinks to p...

stupid question #2
i have a spreadsheet that the last person working on it put last name and first name in the same cell i would like it to have a last name column and a first name column. is it possible to split the contents with out having to retype it all. P.S. there are over 1000 entries ;O) Select the cells with names in and then:- data|text to columns and use the wizard Mike "Kimberly" wrote: > i have a spreadsheet that the last person working on it put last name and > first name in the same cell i would like it to have a last name column and a > first name column. > is it p...

How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set?
How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set? On Jul 20, 5:26 am, libertyforall <r...@royhuff.com> wrote: > How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each > data set? Hi libertyforall, have a look at Jon Peltier's beatiful site, especially: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Have fun, cheers Michael ...

Beginner question #2
Please forgive what might be a beginner question. I have a spread sheet that is made up of 10 columns. I would like to make it so that each time I change a number in these columns, the sub-total at the bottom of each column changes automatically AND so that the sub-total in the far right column changes automatically. Is there a template for this?? Thanks so much!!! You would use a function for that, lets say you have values in A1 to A10, then in A11 place this =SUM(A1:A10), or =A1+A2+A3+A4+A5+A6+A7+A8+A9+A10. got the idea?? "jenny" <jenny@hotmail.net> skrev i melding ne...

IF THEN #2
Hi all, Can an IF statement be written referencing a text value? My situation is this I have created a list with different text values. I would like the statement to check for these values in the list cell THEN once the criteria are met apply the rest of the formula. If somebody knows a different way to do this I will take any suggestions. Thanks, Eric H eric@innerlith.com Wrote: > Hi all, > > Can an IF statement be written referencing a text value? My situation > is this I have created a list with different text values. I woul > like > the statement to check for...

list box, combo box hyperlinks #2
That's alot of code for a hyperlink! I'm assuming that this is for control box listbox linked to cell E1. I keep getting the syntax error I don't think I'm inserting the web address in the right location? Ca you help -- P-C-Surgeo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- P-C-Surgeon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1477 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26473 ...

Printing #2
We use different version of MS Word in our office. We drafted most of our form letters back in 95 and in 98. We have some saved as templates, some are locked and some are set to publish and subscribe. We are having a great deal of trouble printing MS Word documents consistantly. It's like the Printer/Monitor doesn't even know a docs is being sent and it never gets sent forward. ...

lost password #2
Is there anyway possible to find my password for Outlook Express account , it's impossible to sign on with it Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.publ...

2 validators 2 different results
Hi, I have a simple XML document validated with a very complex DTD (it's formed by 7 files). If I validate this document with XML Spy it's well formed and valid. If I validate it with MSDOM or with .NET ValidatingReader I have this error message: "> is an invalid attribute, 223 position1" The XML document I try to validate has 20 lines, so the problem is the DTD. But in which file of the DTD the problem is? I would very much appreciate any help you can give me. Fede ...

OL2003 Newsgroup Reader
I just recently upgraded to OL2003 from OL2002. I am trying to access the newsgroups through OL2003. In the online help it says to click on the standard tool bar options, click add/remove buttons,customize, click on commands (go) and then on the right pane to select "news" button and then drag it to the Go menu in the tool bar. However, when I click under commands on go, there is no News option listed in the right pane. Can anyone suggest how I might get this option to appear? I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone might provide. Currently I have to use my OL E...

Edit message in MS Outlook #2
Hi Does anyone know anything about this.... User can edit any message in his/her Outlook and then save it without anyone know that the message was changed. Is there any mechanism build in Outlook that I can verify if message was changed in any way? Regards, Miha "Miha" <miha.bernik@email.si> wrote in message news:306FC30B-CA41-4CAB-A2A3-6F11E9E1EA36@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Does anyone know anything about this.... User can edit any message in > his/her Outlook and then save it without anyone know that the message was > changed. Is there any mechanism b...

VS2005... #2
Stupid question maybe - does VS2005 have full mfc capabilities? If I'm comfortable with VC++ 6.0 will there be any changes I have to make in the way I write code (unmanaged that is)? Also, is it possible to use C++ .dll's for web applications? Or anything written in VC++ for that matter? ...

Test Message #2
This is a test message asked for by Microsoft to see if my account is working. Thanks, nick Sorry we can not see it. mt "Nick @ REAL" <NickREAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE718712-7481-4764-8241-BD5F7452E14C@microsoft.com... > This is a test message asked for by Microsoft to see if my account is > working. > > Thanks, > nick ...

Recieving Domain.2 sending Domain.1
I have currently set up my Exchange 2003 server for 2 companies receiving 2 domain names everything is working fine except the users of domain name.2 are sending their e-mail out as user@domainname.1 how do I correct this so that they send out user@domainname.2? Thank you for your time On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:26:06 -0700, LaOVis <LaOVis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have currently set up my Exchange 2003 server for 2 companies receiving 2 >domain names everything is working fine except the users of domain name.2 are >sending their e-mail out as user@domainname.1...

Illegal Operation #2
Everytime I send an email message, I get an illegal operation notice. This also happens when I delete emails. The following are examples of the details of the illegal operations. Does anyone know what I can do to correct this? OUTLOOK executed an invalid instruction in module <unknown> at 0000:00ff705e. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=00ff705e EFLGS=00010297 EBX=00ff686c SS=0187 ESP=0056f1e0 EBP=0056f21c ECX=00ff686c DS=0187 ESI=0056f210 FS=22e7 EDX=00000000 ES=0187 EDI=00ff705c GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 8e 30 00 00 00 00 f4 68 ff 00 62 01 00 00 33 00 Stack dump: 00ff705c 00f...

rules for 2 accounts #2
We're running Outlook 2002 on Exchange 2003. I need to check both my and webmster's email. Ideally, I want to create 2 server-side filters (so they are filtered when i open outlook): 1. Filter all email if the sender is not on my address book. 2. Filter email if it's BCC'd (since a lot of email comes that way. Then I want the rules to apply both my and webmaster's inboxes, and put the email in their respective Junk mail folders. However, this is what it's doing: Makes the rules client-side, so when I open outlook, my emails are not filtered (incoming email is,...

Time functions #2
Hi, I have to do some time calculations and I have a formula that outputs in minutes and I have to subtract a standard time to this number of minutes. For example, I have 8:00 AM in one cell and 20.68 minutes on an other cell. The output that I am expecting is 7:39 AM. Does anybody know how to bring an output like that by subtracting the minutes? Please help. Thanks With 8:00 AM in A1 and 20.68 in B1, use this formula =A1-B1/(24*60) Why does it work? Because Excel stores time as a fraction of a day. We convert minutes to days by dividing by 24*60 (24 hr/day and 60 min/hr) You could just u...

CComboBox #2
Hi all. In CDialog, how do I get a CComboBox to remember what you typed into it when you leave the dialog box but keep the list active whenever you go back into the CDialog? Scott ...

Unlock Your Hidden Power, Today... #2
Would youlike to create positive change Right Now? Now you can with this new breathrough technology you can have the trouble areas in your life vanish. Please Visit: www.HumanDataTransfer.com and begin your journey to a new you. Again, www.HumanDataTransfer.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20060801082756H1v3CkI2 ...

RMS 2.0, barcode not persistent after matrix item creation
Hi, I am currently using RMS 2.0. When creating a new matrix item, I select the barcode 128A option, along with other components. Then when I go to to the individual items, or when I go to print the corresponding labels, the barcodes are not selected. I would then have to edit each individual item and select the barcode for each of them again. This is a very time consuming process, especially when we get receive new inventory. I know that in 1.3 the barcode selection is persistent for matrix items. Is this simply a configuration that I missed somewhere or a limitation /bug in RMS...

Passwords #2
When I receive mail, Outlook 2002 asks for my password, even though I have saved it. I only have 1 account and I've upgraded to Service Pack 2. Anybody have any ideas? ...

acrobat
Here is a gerneral question. I'm trying to install the office SP and everything goes well until it starts asking me for these .cab files. I can't find any of them! Not on the cd not on my HD. One annoying example is when i open a pdf file from my brower this outlook installer starts...and wants to install something but it can't find the damn .cab file. any suggestions? is there a website i can go and download these files. thanks ...

Exchange 2003 Books #2
Any good books that really do a decent step by step of setting up and securing an Exchange 2003 server? Thanks Helm On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 08:02:23 -0500, "Matt Helm" <helm@somewhere.com> wrote: >Any good books that really do a decent step by step of setting up and >securing an Exchange 2003 server? > > >Thanks >Helm > Couldn't swear to a Read/See/Do book for setting up but one for ensuring you're secure is here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1931836248/ref%3Disaserver/103-3597647-0211022 Thanks! "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <m...

some links do not work when converted to acrobat
I am working in a word document (word 2003) when I convert it to acrobat ver8. the table of contents convert fine and works, however there some jpg. images that links to bookmarks - they don't work. any help would be appreciated. thanls How are you converting the document to PDF? There might be a limit of the conversion process. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via msnews.microsoft.com) "wambo" <wambo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1E55A9B-8BEA-455C-86A6-447A32C94CFB@microsoft.com... >I am working in a wor...