A4 down to A5

I have just made an A4 poster. Does anyone know of a method to produce the
same poster, but in an A5 size?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
0
meinstone (3)

meinstone wrote:
> I have just made an A4 poster. Does anyone know of a method to produce the
> same poster, but in an A5 size?

a) Select all the objects on the page, group them together, and resize
the group. Then manually resize all your text and borders to match the
new size; or
b) Create a PDF at A4 size (for example, using PrimoPDF from
www.primopdf.com or the Microsoft PDF add-in for Publisher 2007), and
print the PDF at A5 size, scaling it to fit the paper.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

Otherwise resizing your publication is a manual operation. Go to page setup and
re-setup your page for A5. You can select a text box, Format, Auto-fit text.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"meinstone" <meinstone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just made an A4 poster. Does anyone know of a method to produce the
> same poster, but in an A5 size?
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/4/2008 4:23:34 PM
Thanks very much I will try the PDF method.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> meinstone wrote:
> > I have just made an A4 poster. Does anyone know of a method to produce the
> > same poster, but in an A5 size?
>
> a) Select all the objects on the page, group them together, and resize
> the group. Then manually resize all your text and borders to match the
> new size; or
> b) Create a PDF at A4 size (for example, using PrimoPDF from
> www.primopdf.com or the Microsoft PDF add-in for Publisher 2007), and
> print the PDF at A5 size, scaling it to fit the paper.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://ed.mvps.org

0
meinstone (3)
2/4/2008 7:01:01 PM
Have just completed the PDF method and it worked, you have saved me a lot of
time and effort against the re-sizing method.
Thanks once again.
--
nikgee

"meinstone" wrote:

> Thanks very much I will try the PDF method.
>
> "Ed Bennett" wrote:
>
> > meinstone wrote:
> > > I have just made an A4 poster. Does anyone know of a method to produce the
> > > same poster, but in an A5 size?
> >
> > a) Select all the objects on the page, group them together, and resize
> > the group. Then manually resize all your text and borders to match the
> > new size; or
> > b) Create a PDF at A4 size (for example, using PrimoPDF from
> > www.primopdf.com or the Microsoft PDF add-in for Publisher 2007), and
> > print the PDF at A5 size, scaling it to fit the paper.
> >
> > --
> > Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> > http://ed.mvps.org

0
nikgee (1)

Sum the value of A4+B4 in A4
Hello, Please, I need help to calculate the total for example, I have 100 in A4 and 4 in B4 I want to show the result in A4 as 104. The values in A4 is entered manually from another workbook and the result in A4 should change automatically taking values from B4 Can this be achieved? Many Thanks in advance -- harishnehru ------------------------------------------------------------------------ harishnehru's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=520146 Enter: =A4+B4 HTH --...

visio A4 default?
How can I set the deafult page on Visio to A4? ...

a4 quarter fold publisher 2007
I am unable to generate A4 quarter fold greetings cards in Publisher 2007. I had no problems with Publisher 2003. Page setup, Greeting Card, click on the side fold card with 10.5cm x 14.8cm dimensions. Might look at the Advanced... to be sure it is setup correctly. The best solution is to use one of the templates. The Avery 2361 will work. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "TerryA" <TerryA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C54709C-60D9-4924-829D-A13E6106D9CB@microsoft.com... >I am u...

A4 13.97 x 21.59 Booklet printing Publisher 2007
I'm having trouble with margins, on the computer the picture lloks fine, but when i print it out there ia a huge gap on the right side! I've tried altering the margins and the master page but to no avail! help! Affy wrote: > I'm having trouble with margins, on the computer the picture lloks fine, but > when i print it out there ia a huge gap on the right side! I've tried > altering the margins and the master page but to no avail! help! A4 isn't 13.97x21.59 (or 2x that); that sounds like letter-sized paper. A4 is 297x210mm; a half-A4 booklet would be 14.9...

printing 2 pages in one A4
Please help. How do I print in excel. I have data of 5000 rows and each row has 3 columns. Each A4 page can take around 80 rows of data. In order to save on paper, I was wondering if I could divide the page to accommodate 6 rows by printing rows 1-80 on left side of an a4 page and then rows 81-160 on the right side of the page. And then rows 161 to 241 on the left and rows 321 on the right side of page 2. And so on until the total 5000 rows are printed. I know I can do this page by page one at a time using the printscreen option but I was hoping I could set it up so the printing could be d...

A4 layout
Is it possible to restrict inputing text within an A4 page setup? I set the page to A4 but i can input text beyond the setup size. Hi mei Yes it is possible. Yes, you can input data beyond the A4 setup. It will spill over onto another sheet of paper at print time. If you really want to restrict input to just one A4, you can select the A4 area, click on Format|Format Cells|Protection, untick Locked, and OK out. Now click on Tools|Protection|Protect sheet, and untick Select locked cells. "mei" wrote: > Is it possible to restrict inputing text within an A4 page set...

Two A5 flyers on A4 paper
Please advise how I can set up my publication to print 2 x A5 flyers on each A4 page maryroberts <maryroberts@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Please advise how I can set up my publication to print 2 x A5 flyers > on each A4 page File > Page setup. Set up the page size to Custom, and use A5 size (14.8 x 21.0cm). Use the "Change copies per sheet" dialog to set up Publisher to print multiple copies per sheet. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher File, page setup, select A4 in the printer properties, in page setup, landscape, ...

using A5 paper as a booklet in Publisher 2007 i.e 4 A6 sides
In 2003 I made greeting cards on A5 card by using the booklet I cannot make this work in 2007 -- mumbles star Use one of the Avery A4/A5 templates. C9355 works... If you use the A5 folded down to A6 it makes a small publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mumbles" <mumbles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA578767-48DF-4896-8E8C-FD17ECAEB500@microsoft.com... > In 2003 I made greeting cards on A5 card by using the booklet I cannot make > this work in 2007 > -- > mum...

Transforming A4 Portrait to 3 tear off strips on A4 Landscape with MS Publisher 2007
Hi everyone. I have created a portrait A4 Flyer with a border in which I have inserted a repeating picture all the way round between the border and edge of the page. I now want to copy this page and downsize it as three equal columns on A4 landscape. The idea is to have the A4 portrait on a notice board and the 3 three equal strips are to be cut or guillotined to drop off in letter boxes. What is the easiest way of going about this please? Thank you in anticipation. Page setup, on the right, Advanced. Layout type, Multiple pages per sheet, Target sheet size Custom, type 29.7cm width,...

Documents for Both A4 and Letter
Need help; I want to create multi-page documents that are identical in A4 and Letter. Is there a way to have "floating" margins, opr something else that will help this? We are combining our technical documents in North America and Europe, and when I change back and forth from A4 to Letter, I get different number of pages, etc.. that I cannot live with. Microsoft Word 2003 Any help would be great! Thanks -- Craig This may be almost impossible to resolve, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm You *may* be able to set the conditions for each do...

Half-Folder (A5) Greeting Cards
Hello, I use Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 to create greeting cards, usually with A4 card using the Half Page Side Fold format. How can I produce cards on A5 fold with just on fold, please? Half Page Side (& top) Fold formats use A4 card with two folds. Help! Many thanks. Setup your printer first for A5. In page setup select booklet. It should say Width 10.499cm and Height 14.8cm. Publisher will ask about 4 pages, select yes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dande" <dande@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C19054F1-076D-4DFC-8C72-1D27F2D61...

A1-A2/A2, A2-A3/A3, A3-A4/A4...etc. how do i do this for the whole column?[/
*A1-A2/A2, A2-A3/A3, A3-A4/A4...etc. how do i do this for the whol column? -- Johnny ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Johnny3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1675 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31958 Johnny3 Wrote: > *A1-A2/A2, A2-A3/A3, A3-A4/A4...etc. how do i do this for the whol > column?* If I understand your post correctly, enter this formula in Cell B1 =if(A2="","",(A1-A2)/A2) and copy down as required -- BenjieLo ----------------...

Conversion to A4 size paper
Upon testing the A4.cnk file, it has been noted that the report output is resized to A4 but it should be noted that the report layout remains the same. What appears in the printer output is a report without margins. Looking within Report Writer, the paper is indeed resized to A4 but the fields layout remains the same as that for a letter-size report output. From our observation, this seems to be a limitation with Report Writer. It really would have been better if the A4 chunk file was able to automate the field relocation process to suit the size of the paper. ---------------- Th...

A4 down to A5
I have just made an A4 poster. Does anyone know of a method to produce the same poster, but in an A5 size? Any help will be greatly appreciated. meinstone wrote: > I have just made an A4 poster. Does anyone know of a method to produce the > same poster, but in an A5 size? a) Select all the objects on the page, group them together, and resize the group. Then manually resize all your text and borders to match the new size; or b) Create a PDF at A4 size (for example, using PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com or the Microsoft PDF add-in for Publisher 2007), and print the PDF at A5 size, s...

How do I resize an A3 page to A4?
I have a document prepared for A3 pages. How do I resize the document to fit on an A4 page? "andlesuk" <andlesuk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6D78E16-7543-4561-A81E-3EF8857424EF@microsoft.com... >I have a document prepared for A3 pages. How do I resize the document to >fit > on an A4 page? If your printer will handle both, change the Page Setup for the new size. Then adjust all of your entries (image, text boxes, etc.) ...

How to print A4 PDF from Excel?
I am trying to distil an Excel file into an A4 PDF - so that it matches the other pages in a built PDF (distilled from different programs) - but the swearing thing always comes out at that godawful Letter size. I have checked everything I can think of - Page Setup, Advanced settings in Distiller, and even the default paper size in the Distiller JobOptions settings - all say A4. The print preview shows A4. But the resulting PDF is always Letter. I cannot find any way to override this anyone? many thanks in advance d. Hi Dwayne, I think this is actually an Acrobat question not an Exce...

A4 format
Hello, We have a GP 9.0 with a US client code install. We have another workstation that also has GP 9.0 with US version. However, that workstation needs to be able to print reports in A4 paper format. That workstation has the print driver already but cannot print in that format. How can I enable this? Thanks for your help May be you are missing A4 feature in that client where you are experiencing issues. Just check in Add/Remove Programs for Dynamics GP, A4 is installed in Add/Remove Features. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login t...

customizable paper size (bigger than A4)
I am using ACCESS 2007. I am trying to print a report. Paper size is slightly longer than A4 length. Paper itself is also longer (35 cm). The width is same for A4. I couldn't find the proper place to set the paper length. So data beyond A4 region is not printed in the page I want. I remember in older versions, there was a customizable paper size where we could set paper size ourselves. Isn't it supported in 2007? I may be missing something here, but it's normally in the printer driver where you create a custom paper size. "Khoshravan" <Khoshravan@discussions.mi...

3 leaflets in landscape on an A4 page. Any suggestions?
Microsoft has wonderful templates. Love them. Can't find a leaflet back and front which is on an A4 page which requires only 2 slices to make it in to 3 leflets. Max usage of paper, minimum cost and minimum environmental cost. Start with something close and modify it. Or remember that not everything needs to be started with a template. Creativity goes a long way. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Rosemarie" <Rosemarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:777EFC05-28DA-45A1-A6FA-687400391573@microsoft.com... > Microsoft has wonderful...

A4 not displayed on screen.
I have Word2003 & XP SP3 The appearance of a blank page on the screen does not correspond to the A4 size even though I have set it to this on the PageSetup/Defaut. Please help, Frank At a guess, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Frank Martin" <fm@general.com.au> wrote in message news:uMqVM88aKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have Word2003 & XP SP3 > > > The appearance of a blank page on the screen ...

Cannot set paper size to A4
Access 2003 I've tried changing paper size to A4 in File, Page Setup. I accept the change and go straight back into File, Page Setup only to find that papersize has reverted to Letter. I have checked the printer properties in Control Panel and the default size is A4. Am I missing something simple? Thanks -- Graham ...

Resize From A4 To A3?
hi,does anybody know a way to resize an a4 document to fit onto a3 size paper?i.e full a3 size. or if not,how do i make an a3 size document ,then email or save?. thanks in advance for nay help,im new to all this,im trying to create some posters for a freind. -- shamus You seem to be trying to achieve something but aren't sure how. Can you tell us what the end purpose is supposed to be? What's the point of starting out large and then reducing it or starting out smaller and emailing it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "shamus" <shamus.2c5mm3@offic...

Database onto A4 address labels
I wonder if anyone could help me with the following problem and how I can sort it out I have a mailing database on a floppy disc which I need to transfer onto A4 size sticky labels to send out a mailing list There is approx 21 labels on each sheet. Any help will be gratefully received I'd do this with Mail Merge in Word but can't give a good explanation of how to do it. I'm crossposting this to a Word newsgroup to see if someone there can assist. "Arfur Bittah" <keith@beechville96.freeserve.co.uukk> wrote in message news:43cd7648$0$82639$ed2619ec@pt...

A4 folded booklet
2007 Publisher 1. Attempting to make a booklet. A4 folded in half. Landscaped but when folded is Portrait. 2. I have a front cover with picture and Text. My Logo on the back of the cover. 3. Also need to include 14 pages inserts (7 x A4 folded pages). 4. Pages don't necessarily need to be numbered. 5 I have used Birthday Card A4 folded twice to prepare all of the text for the 8 pages (16 pages when folded) Saved every page separately in readiness:-) saved them 1 to 16. 6. I did it this way as I make loads of cards and am familiar with the format.(Middle of...

How do I resize my work from poster to A4?
Hello I have made a poster which includes text boxes and photos which spreads over 4 A4 pages. I now need to print this A4 size due to lack of space. If I go file, page setup and select A4 only the paper size changes and all the photos stay the original size (too large). Can you help Thanks Some printers will scale documents down to fit. If yours doesn't, convert the poster to a .pdf file and print that as an A4. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> ...