It is not supported in Office 2007

"Bill Stanton" <billstanton@digitalpath.net> wrote in message
news:J8mdnTMwdeJt5pbTnZ2dnUVZ_oKdnZ2d@earthlink.com...
> What happened to the option to set the
> default file location in Publisher?
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Can exmerge create large PST files?
I'm using exmerge 6.5.7226.0 (Exchange 2003 SP1). Is it possible for Exmerge to create the newer, unicode PST files? We've enabled journaling on our message store and intended to periodically export the mailbox contents and burn them to CD/DVD, but the volume of mail is such that the exmerge-created PST files top out at 16,383 items. Is there a better solution? Thanks, Mike No. Unfortunately it doesn't support Unicode yet. So its limited to 2 GB and the current mail limits. There are other archival and journaling options available, but they all depend on your budget. -- Ma...

outlook default file
Help, I am trying to open MS Outlook and I keep getting a pop-up d-fault file message. It also says that it can't find a location to recive e-mail. I am using MS Office 2000 Professional with windows XP Home Edition. Have you created your mail account settings under Control Panel->Mail Icon? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, gracebejarano@yaho...

Publisher 2007 does not recognize printer
When attempting to print any document, page & etc from Publisher 2007 the pop up window "To print or preview a publication, at least one printer must be installed on the system" appears. The printer is installed and prints with all other programs installed on the computer including a test print. I have met with negative results with anything I have tried. There have been similar problems with Publisher 2007. What model printer do you have? There is an article here that was posted by Mark Clifton sometime back, it might be the solution you are hoping for. It is the art...

Backup file from either 2003 or 2005 to Money Plus Deluxe
My laptop died but I have my backup files of Microsoft Money (2003 or 2005?) Money was free with the Dell laptop so I don't have original disk. If I buy Money Plus Deluxe will it recognize my MNY file or my MBF file? I do not have the old Money program in order to be able to prepare the file as a QIF export file as the help support site suggests. I can not get Microsoft support until after I buy Money Plus Deluxe, but I want to make sure it will work before I purchase. Thanks for any insight. In microsoft.public.money, Peter Quagliano <Peter Quagliano@discussions.microsoft.co...

Excel 97 and 2007 on same computer
How can I *re-set* Windows XP SP2 to open all of my Excel files (.xls.xlt.csv) in Excel 97 when double-clicking? I also have Office 2007 installed inorder to sample the program, but not to use as my primary office application at this time. Thanks. -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture You have to re-register the particular Excel version you want to open excel files with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214388/en-us -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message news:R%LSj.2715$NZ7.901@newsfe10.ams2... >...

Document scrolling in Word 2007
I think you can get documents to automatically scroll through when you are using compare - but can you get it to do it for just one document? It would be very useful for proof reading (e.g., you can do it on Acrobat) -- Jon Morgan of Paraphrase If you have a mouse with a clickable wheel in the middle, click it on the Word document. The cursor changes to a pair of arrowheads with a dot in the middle. Drag the mouse downward very slightly, and the document will start to scroll. The farther down you drag, the faster the scrolling becomes -- and anything more than the least pos...

file location for transition sound
I want to use a sound file I used for transition in another slide show but can't locate it on my computer. Is there any way to find out where it's location is on my computer from the slide show it is already used in? I tried doing a search, but had no luck. Thanks for any help. "Shanna" <Shanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C9308BF-7803-4122-BB01-54E499CA35F2@microsoft.com... > I want to use a sound file I used for transition in another slide show but > can't locate it on my computer. Is there any way to find out where it...

Word 2007 copied URL's disabled
In Vista copied links to WOR turned blue and were underlined. They became active when the Ctrl key was clicked. In Windows 7 the copied links are black and not underlined. They won't work. How can I get them to work? Word options > proofing > autocorrect options > autoformat - check the box 'internet and network paths with hyperlinks' and any other options you require. Click OK. Then either add the 'autoformat now' button to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) or click ALT+CTRL+K to autoformat the document. -- <>>< ><<> &g...

Error 553 using Outlook 2007 and Vista
Hello. I'm getting the following error using Outlook 2007 and Vista: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser) When I test the account settings, it's fine. I can recieve just fine, and the only outgoing messages without this error are for recepients with my same domain. I've turned off my antivirus and windows firewall. Still this doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 550 errors usually mean you're not authenticating properly, or you're attempting to use an SMTP server other than the one your ISP provides. ...

correct settings for sql in ms office 2007
I don't believe my SQL is starting when I open MS Office 2007. I cannot send or receive email within the program. Which insances of SQL require what settings please. I'm at my wits end. Thank you. ...

Default File Renaming
When I save my files as webpages Publisher automatically renames alllllll of my files to Img001 Img002 etc etc and I have to go through the HTML and change ALL the file names so that it pulls the right pictures... my site is huge, this is tedious and annoying... can anyone help??? It is not renaming your image files, it is making copies of them. If you are renaming those copies than your page won't load the images because the file names will be wrong. I recommend you visit my site and review the articles I have for the version you are using. If you require anything further please use ...

set up different default printer for MS Excel
I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to be default one for ALL NEW Excel files. So task is not to change it manually or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions? Stefan, You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel. Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you wish to be the default, and choose "Set as Default." To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer...

Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2007
I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook 2003. Can that be done? Is Outlook 2007 backward compatable? No. Afraid you will need to uninstall OL 2007 and then install OL 2003 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Guy" <gdelaney@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote in message news:OTykI2Q$KHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook > 2003. Can...

Money 2007 payee name management
What is the best way to handle payee names and their variations? For example, I charge all of my gasoline purchases and typically fill- up at Raceway gas stations. After downloading the transactions each Raceway gas station appears with its own payee name, such as: Raceway 0001 Woodbridge Racewy 123 Edison ..... and so on I kind of like having this informatiion in the transaction register, but each one is a separate payee. At the same time I'd also like to group all of them under a single payee named Raceway. I started to use the automatic mapping of alternate payee nam...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

SharePoint 2007 Alerts
Alerts on out SharePoint 2007 server have been working for well over a year. On Monday, alerts stopped coming through on our "EmployeePortal" site. Alerts do come through from the same server from the "BusinessPortal" site. - Newly created alerts do send the "You have successfully created an alert for..." message from the "EmployeePortal" site. - Alerts do come through from the same server for a different web app/site collection. - Both "EmployeePortal" and "BusinessPortal" have the same outgoing email sett...

Open a corrupted File???
I have an Excel 2007 file (.xlsx) that will not open. When I could not open it, I tried to just preview it. The error message says: "This file cannot be previewed because it is corrupted." I also tried to print directly from the file list, but I still get the "corrupted file" message. When I open it with Notepad or WordPad, it is just gibberish. Is there anything you can suggest that would repair this file so that it can be opened or previewed? Some people have reported success in the past by using OpenOffice to open apparently corrupted files and then sa...

Ribbon in 2007
Recently installed 2007 Office Pro When I open Outlook, I do not see 'Ribbon' It seems as if I have the same format of 2003. Could anyone advise me how I can see Ribbon when I open Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions, HankL The main interface of Outlook 2007 does not have a Ribbon. Outlook 2007 does have a Ribbon when you create or open any item such as creating a new email or when opening a contact. Outlook 2010 will have the Ribbon in the main interface as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coaut...

Access 97 Installed with 2007 Runtime
Hello. We are running Win7 with Access 97, Access 2007 Runtime and Office 2007 (without Access). When opening an mdb file with Access 97, the db opens fine. However, after closing the database, then opening an accdb file with access 2007 Runtime, I get the following error " There was a problem sending the command to the program." Immediately Access 2007 Runtime goes into the "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Access Runtime 2007" Following that, the 2007 DB opens with 2007 Runtime. How can I run both Programs and prevent the error ...

How to Install Accounting Express 2008 from Office 2007 Discs
Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? Thank you. You don't. It's not there. And, it's no longer downloadable. It's been discontinued. "tmg2010" <tmg2010@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E5641E0-FC17-49FA-9410-D835286AA8B0@microsoft.com... : Hi - how do I install Accounting Express 2008 from the Office 2007 discs? : Thank you. ...

Page numbering Word 2007
Hi! Here's my challenge with Word 2007: Docs I create (using a a simple template (not the Normal template)) place Page X of Y in the footer of page 1 and Page X of Y in the header of the 2nd & subsequent pages. After saving & then re-opening the doc the page numbering on page 1 displays Page 1 of 3 (even though there may be 20+ pages in the doc). I am only able to get the numbering on page 1 to correct itself to the full "Page 1 of Y", if I open the footer or place my cursor on another page or Update the doc. Interestingly the same Page X of Y numbering on ...

error 1606 office 2007
When i want to reinstal/ remove/ install office 2007, i get the message: Error 1606.Could not access network location :. can somebody help me? > When i want to reinstal/ remove/ install office 2007, i get the message: > Error 1606.Could not access network location :. > > can somebody help me? This is the wrong newsgroup for such issues -- Mike GoTinker, C# Blog http://www.gotinker.com "Roy" <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA257E02-AA9F-47C2-934F-FC4E30986616@microsoft.com... > When i want to reinstal/ remove/ ins...

money 2004 help file problem
every time i try to use the help file it says "unable to load topic click here to try again". does anyone have a solution? A new FAQ entry, just for you: --- Q): Money Help keeps whining about script errors, unable to load topic, or similar nonsense. Why? What can I do about it? A): Nobody really knows what causes this. For most people, this issue has been resolved by going into IE Internet Options (from IE Tools or from the desktop Internet Options or from the Internet Options control panel) and deleting all temporary internet files. Go figure. MSKB link courtesy of Mark. Refe...

Displaying colour codes in Word 2007
I know this one isn't new, but that isn't a reason not to protest. There seems to be a conspiracy at M$ to drive the largest possible number of people MAD. When you select or inspect the colour of text or another item in Word 2007, the colour codes (rgb) are no longer diplayed in this version. Apparantly, this is because Word has been dumbed down for the benefit of people who've never seen a computer. If you want to choose a colour that matches another part of the document or an imported item, you need a large number of mouse clics. Even then it is far from obv...

Losing all formatting in Excel 2007 files
I have Office 2007 running on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop. I work on an Excel .xlsx file on my desktop but when I open it on my laptop all of the formatting is lost. I have had this exact same problem except vista to xp. I wouldn't lose all of the formatting, but some words would would be on different lines. Other things I have noticed is that my Office 2007 on Vista doesn't always have the same fonts as on my Office 2007 XP. I think the formatting issue is more of a compatibility issue. ...