2007 print merge 4 postcards/4 different addresses per page

I have read the previous posts regarding this issue. I cannot resolve my 
problem. 

I have created a 1/4 page postcard. Information on page one and successfully 
merged addresses on page two. I only have one postcard on my screen and as I 
scroll through, I see all the correct information in the merge.

I am having trouble printing the merge. I want 4 postcards on one 8 1/2x11 
piece of cardstock. One side with the same information and the other side 
with four different addresses from my merge. I am getting side one with 
information and side two with four duplicated addresses. The second piece of 
8 1/2 x11 paper is four more postcards with the next address in the merge...4 
times.

Printer Settings:  Multiple copies per sheet, "all entries", 4 copies. This 
setting is what gives me the problem outlined above.

Printer Settings: Multiple copies per sheet "all entries", 1 copy. This 
setting gives me one quarter page postcard and one merged address on an 8 1/2 
x11 pice of paper.

I have successfully printed labels using mail merge with 2007. They are not 
two sided though. Print wet-up there is "multiple pages per copy". I tried 
that with the post cards and I get the page one of the post card side by side 
with the address side.

How do I print these post cards without printing each side seperately?

Shelley




0
shelley (14)
8/14/2007 6:36:01 PM
publisher 21446 articles. 5 followers. Follow

8 Replies
1008 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

Use one of the postcard templates from Avery, 3263 will work. I have discovered 
there is a lot less hassle using the blank templates.
You probably will have to have two separate publications. I have not been able 
to figure out why the print interface works the way it does.


-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Shelley" <Shelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A1CB3868-EC64-4D35-AE7F-B55BFBF342E4@microsoft.com...
>I have read the previous posts regarding this issue. I cannot resolve my
> problem.
>
> I have created a 1/4 page postcard. Information on page one and successfully
> merged addresses on page two. I only have one postcard on my screen and as I
> scroll through, I see all the correct information in the merge.
>
> I am having trouble printing the merge. I want 4 postcards on one 8 1/2x11
> piece of cardstock. One side with the same information and the other side
> with four different addresses from my merge. I am getting side one with
> information and side two with four duplicated addresses. The second piece of
> 8 1/2 x11 paper is four more postcards with the next address in the merge...4
> times.
>
> Printer Settings:  Multiple copies per sheet, "all entries", 4 copies. This
> setting is what gives me the problem outlined above.
>
> Printer Settings: Multiple copies per sheet "all entries", 1 copy. This
> setting gives me one quarter page postcard and one merged address on an 8 1/2
> x11 pice of paper.
>
> I have successfully printed labels using mail merge with 2007. They are not
> two sided though. Print wet-up there is "multiple pages per copy". I tried
> that with the post cards and I get the page one of the post card side by side
> with the address side.
>
> How do I print these post cards without printing each side seperately?
>
> Shelley
>
>
>
> 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/14/2007 10:01:18 PM
I couldn't get templates to print correctly either, but I finally figured it 
out. 

Design your postcard. Do your merge. Your postcard should be two pages. One 
page with the design and the other page the mailing information. The key is 
in the print set-up, not the merge.
 
Select:   "Print Merge." 
Select:    "print multiple pages per sheet"
Paper Size: "letter"
Orientation: "Landscape"
2-Sided Printing Options:  "two-sided, flip short side"
           
The result is an 8 1/2 x 11 paper with two post card designs along the left 
and two DIFFERENT addresses (a,b) along the right on paper side. If you flip 
the paper over, like turning a page in a book, you have postcard designs 
along the left again and two more different address (b,c) along the right. 
When you cut them, you get 4 postcards with the same design on one side and 4 
different address (a, b, c, d) on the other.

Finally success!

Shelley


"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Use one of the postcard templates from Avery, 3263 will work. I have discovered 
> there is a lot less hassle using the blank templates.
> You probably will have to have two separate publications. I have not been able 
> to figure out why the print interface works the way it does.
> 
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> 
> "Shelley" <Shelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A1CB3868-EC64-4D35-AE7F-B55BFBF342E4@microsoft.com...
> >I have read the previous posts regarding this issue. I cannot resolve my
> > problem.
> >
> > I have created a 1/4 page postcard. Information on page one and successfully
> > merged addresses on page two. I only have one postcard on my screen and as I
> > scroll through, I see all the correct information in the merge.
> >
> > I am having trouble printing the merge. I want 4 postcards on one 8 1/2x11
> > piece of cardstock. One side with the same information and the other side
> > with four different addresses from my merge. I am getting side one with
> > information and side two with four duplicated addresses. The second piece of
> > 8 1/2 x11 paper is four more postcards with the next address in the merge...4
> > times.
> >
> > Printer Settings:  Multiple copies per sheet, "all entries", 4 copies. This
> > setting is what gives me the problem outlined above.
> >
> > Printer Settings: Multiple copies per sheet "all entries", 1 copy. This
> > setting gives me one quarter page postcard and one merged address on an 8 1/2
> > x11 pice of paper.
> >
> > I have successfully printed labels using mail merge with 2007. They are not
> > two sided though. Print wet-up there is "multiple pages per copy". I tried
> > that with the post cards and I get the page one of the post card side by side
> > with the address side.
> >
> > How do I print these post cards without printing each side seperately?
> >
> > Shelley
> >
> >
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
shelley (14)
9/27/2007 3:39:03 PM

"Shelley" wrote:

> I couldn't get templates to print correctly either, but I finally figured it 
> out. 
> 
> Design your postcard. Do your merge. Your postcard should be two pages. One 
> page with the design and the other page the mailing information. The key is 
> in the print set-up, not the merge.
>  
> Select:   "Print Merge." 
> Select:    "print multiple pages per sheet"
> Paper Size: "letter"
> Orientation: "Landscape"
> 2-Sided Printing Options:  "two-sided, flip short side"
>            
> The result is an 8 1/2 x 11 paper with two post card designs along the left 
> and two DIFFERENT addresses (a,b) along the right on paper side. If you flip 
> the paper over, like turning a page in a book, you have postcard designs 
> along the left again and two more different address (b,c) along the right. 
> When you cut them, you get 4 postcards with the same design on one side and 4 
> different address (a, b, c, d) on the other.
> 
> Finally success!
> 
> Shelley
> 
> 
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> 
> > Use one of the postcard templates from Avery, 3263 will work. I have discovered 
> > there is a lot less hassle using the blank templates.
> > You probably will have to have two separate publications. I have not been able 
> > to figure out why the print interface works the way it does.
> > 
> > 
> > -- 
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > news://msnews.microsoft.com
> > 
> > "Shelley" <Shelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:A1CB3868-EC64-4D35-AE7F-B55BFBF342E4@microsoft.com...
> > >I have read the previous posts regarding this issue. I cannot resolve my
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > I have created a 1/4 page postcard. Information on page one and successfully
> > > merged addresses on page two. I only have one postcard on my screen and as I
> > > scroll through, I see all the correct information in the merge.
> > >
> > > I am having trouble printing the merge. I want 4 postcards on one 8 1/2x11
> > > piece of cardstock. One side with the same information and the other side
> > > with four different addresses from my merge. I am getting side one with
> > > information and side two with four duplicated addresses. The second piece of
> > > 8 1/2 x11 paper is four more postcards with the next address in the merge...4
> > > times.
> > >
> > > Printer Settings:  Multiple copies per sheet, "all entries", 4 copies. This
> > > setting is what gives me the problem outlined above.
> > >
> > > Printer Settings: Multiple copies per sheet "all entries", 1 copy. This
> > > setting gives me one quarter page postcard and one merged address on an 8 1/2
> > > x11 pice of paper.
> > >
> > > I have successfully printed labels using mail merge with 2007. They are not
> > > two sided though. Print wet-up there is "multiple pages per copy". I tried
> > > that with the post cards and I get the page one of the post card side by side
> > > with the address side.
> > >
> > > How do I print these post cards without printing each side seperately?
> > >
> > > Shelley
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
Betsy1 (17)
11/29/2007 2:05:00 AM
Choosing "multiple PAGES per sheet"  is definitely the key!  However, my 
print preview (Publisher 2007) showed unique addresses on each page but when 
I printed NO addresses were printed. Now what???

"Shelley" wrote:

> I couldn't get templates to print correctly either, but I finally figured it 
> out. 
> 
> Design your postcard. Do your merge. Your postcard should be two pages. One 
> page with the design and the other page the mailing information. The key is 
> in the print set-up, not the merge.
>  
> Select:   "Print Merge." 
> Select:    "print multiple pages per sheet"
> Paper Size: "letter"
> Orientation: "Landscape"
> 2-Sided Printing Options:  "two-sided, flip short side"
>            
> The result is an 8 1/2 x 11 paper with two post card designs along the left 
> and two DIFFERENT addresses (a,b) along the right on paper side. If you flip 
> the paper over, like turning a page in a book, you have postcard designs 
> along the left again and two more different address (b,c) along the right. 
> When you cut them, you get 4 postcards with the same design on one side and 4 
> different address (a, b, c, d) on the other.
> 
> Finally success!
> 
> Shelley
> 
> 
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> 
> > Use one of the postcard templates from Avery, 3263 will work. I have discovered 
> > there is a lot less hassle using the blank templates.
> > You probably will have to have two separate publications. I have not been able 
> > to figure out why the print interface works the way it does.
> > 
> > 
> > -- 
> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> > news://msnews.microsoft.com
> > 
> > "Shelley" <Shelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:A1CB3868-EC64-4D35-AE7F-B55BFBF342E4@microsoft.com...
> > >I have read the previous posts regarding this issue. I cannot resolve my
> > > problem.
> > >
> > > I have created a 1/4 page postcard. Information on page one and successfully
> > > merged addresses on page two. I only have one postcard on my screen and as I
> > > scroll through, I see all the correct information in the merge.
> > >
> > > I am having trouble printing the merge. I want 4 postcards on one 8 1/2x11
> > > piece of cardstock. One side with the same information and the other side
> > > with four different addresses from my merge. I am getting side one with
> > > information and side two with four duplicated addresses. The second piece of
> > > 8 1/2 x11 paper is four more postcards with the next address in the merge...4
> > > times.
> > >
> > > Printer Settings:  Multiple copies per sheet, "all entries", 4 copies. This
> > > setting is what gives me the problem outlined above.
> > >
> > > Printer Settings: Multiple copies per sheet "all entries", 1 copy. This
> > > setting gives me one quarter page postcard and one merged address on an 8 1/2
> > > x11 pice of paper.
> > >
> > > I have successfully printed labels using mail merge with 2007. They are not
> > > two sided though. Print wet-up there is "multiple pages per copy". I tried
> > > that with the post cards and I get the page one of the post card side by side
> > > with the address side.
> > >
> > > How do I print these post cards without printing each side seperately?
> > >
> > > Shelley
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
Betsy1 (17)
11/29/2007 2:08:01 AM
Are you using the print merge from the File menu?

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Betsy" <Betsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:1489769C-CB0D-4430-9D94-2457DB501419@microsoft.com...
> Choosing "multiple PAGES per sheet"  is definitely the key!  However, my
> print preview (Publisher 2007) showed unique addresses on each page but when
> I printed NO addresses were printed. Now what???
>
> "Shelley" wrote:
>
>> I couldn't get templates to print correctly either, but I finally figured it
>> out.
>>
>> Design your postcard. Do your merge. Your postcard should be two pages. One
>> page with the design and the other page the mailing information. The key is
>> in the print set-up, not the merge.
>>
>> Select:   "Print Merge."
>> Select:    "print multiple pages per sheet"
>> Paper Size: "letter"
>> Orientation: "Landscape"
>> 2-Sided Printing Options:  "two-sided, flip short side"
>>
>> The result is an 8 1/2 x 11 paper with two post card designs along the left
>> and two DIFFERENT addresses (a,b) along the right on paper side. If you flip
>> the paper over, like turning a page in a book, you have postcard designs
>> along the left again and two more different address (b,c) along the right.
>> When you cut them, you get 4 postcards with the same design on one side and 4
>> different address (a, b, c, d) on the other.
>>
>> Finally success!
>>
>> Shelley
>>
>>
>> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>>
>> > Use one of the postcard templates from Avery, 3263 will work. I have 
>> > discovered
>> > there is a lot less hassle using the blank templates.
>> > You probably will have to have two separate publications. I have not been 
>> > able
>> > to figure out why the print interface works the way it does.
>> >
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> > http://office.microsoft.com/
>> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> > news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >
>> > "Shelley" <Shelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:A1CB3868-EC64-4D35-AE7F-B55BFBF342E4@microsoft.com...
>> > >I have read the previous posts regarding this issue. I cannot resolve my
>> > > problem.
>> > >
>> > > I have created a 1/4 page postcard. Information on page one and 
>> > > successfully
>> > > merged addresses on page two. I only have one postcard on my screen and 
>> > > as I
>> > > scroll through, I see all the correct information in the merge.
>> > >
>> > > I am having trouble printing the merge. I want 4 postcards on one 8 
>> > > 1/2x11
>> > > piece of cardstock. One side with the same information and the other side
>> > > with four different addresses from my merge. I am getting side one with
>> > > information and side two with four duplicated addresses. The second piece 
>> > > of
>> > > 8 1/2 x11 paper is four more postcards with the next address in the 
>> > > merge...4
>> > > times.
>> > >
>> > > Printer Settings:  Multiple copies per sheet, "all entries", 4 copies. 
>> > > This
>> > > setting is what gives me the problem outlined above.
>> > >
>> > > Printer Settings: Multiple copies per sheet "all entries", 1 copy. This
>> > > setting gives me one quarter page postcard and one merged address on an 8 
>> > > 1/2
>> > > x11 pice of paper.
>> > >
>> > > I have successfully printed labels using mail merge with 2007. They are 
>> > > not
>> > > two sided though. Print wet-up there is "multiple pages per copy". I 
>> > > tried
>> > > that with the post cards and I get the page one of the post card side by 
>> > > side
>> > > with the address side.
>> > >
>> > > How do I print these post cards without printing each side seperately?
>> > >
>> > > Shelley
>> > >
>> > >
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> >
>> > 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/29/2007 10:08:51 AM
Yes, I was printing from the File menu, print merge.  I tried it again and 
discovered what I had done wrong.  I wanted to only print 4 entries (saving 
paper and ink) so I entered 1-4 instead of 'all' and got no addresses.  When 
I entered 41-44 (the actual numbers of the entries in my address database) 
the addresses were printed.  Hurray!!

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are you using the print merge from the File menu?
> 
> -- 
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> news://msnews.microsoft.com
> 
> "Betsy" <Betsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:1489769C-CB0D-4430-9D94-2457DB501419@microsoft.com...
> > Choosing "multiple PAGES per sheet"  is definitely the key!  However, my
> > print preview (Publisher 2007) showed unique addresses on each page but when
> > I printed NO addresses were printed. Now what???
> >
> > "Shelley" wrote:
> >
> >> I couldn't get templates to print correctly either, but I finally figured it
> >> out.
> >>
> >> Design your postcard. Do your merge. Your postcard should be two pages. One
> >> page with the design and the other page the mailing information. The key is
> >> in the print set-up, not the merge.
> >>
> >> Select:   "Print Merge."
> >> Select:    "print multiple pages per sheet"
> >> Paper Size: "letter"
> >> Orientation: "Landscape"
> >> 2-Sided Printing Options:  "two-sided, flip short side"
> >>
> >> The result is an 8 1/2 x 11 paper with two post card designs along the left
> >> and two DIFFERENT addresses (a,b) along the right on paper side. If you flip
> >> the paper over, like turning a page in a book, you have postcard designs
> >> along the left again and two more different address (b,c) along the right.
> >> When you cut them, you get 4 postcards with the same design on one side and 4
> >> different address (a, b, c, d) on the other.
> >>
> >> Finally success!
> >>
> >> Shelley
> >>
> >>
> >> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >>
> >> > Use one of the postcard templates from Avery, 3263 will work. I have 
> >> > discovered
> >> > there is a lot less hassle using the blank templates.
> >> > You probably will have to have two separate publications. I have not been 
> >> > able
> >> > to figure out why the print interface works the way it does.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > -- 
> >> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> > http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >> > news://msnews.microsoft.com
> >> >
> >> > "Shelley" <Shelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> > news:A1CB3868-EC64-4D35-AE7F-B55BFBF342E4@microsoft.com...
> >> > >I have read the previous posts regarding this issue. I cannot resolve my
> >> > > problem.
> >> > >
> >> > > I have created a 1/4 page postcard. Information on page one and 
> >> > > successfully
> >> > > merged addresses on page two. I only have one postcard on my screen and 
> >> > > as I
> >> > > scroll through, I see all the correct information in the merge.
> >> > >
> >> > > I am having trouble printing the merge. I want 4 postcards on one 8 
> >> > > 1/2x11
> >> > > piece of cardstock. One side with the same information and the other side
> >> > > with four different addresses from my merge. I am getting side one with
> >> > > information and side two with four duplicated addresses. The second piece 
> >> > > of
> >> > > 8 1/2 x11 paper is four more postcards with the next address in the 
> >> > > merge...4
> >> > > times.
> >> > >
> >> > > Printer Settings:  Multiple copies per sheet, "all entries", 4 copies. 
> >> > > This
> >> > > setting is what gives me the problem outlined above.
> >> > >
> >> > > Printer Settings: Multiple copies per sheet "all entries", 1 copy. This
> >> > > setting gives me one quarter page postcard and one merged address on an 8 
> >> > > 1/2
> >> > > x11 pice of paper.
> >> > >
> >> > > I have successfully printed labels using mail merge with 2007. They are 
> >> > > not
> >> > > two sided though. Print wet-up there is "multiple pages per copy". I 
> >> > > tried
> >> > > that with the post cards and I get the page one of the post card side by 
> >> > > side
> >> > > with the address side.
> >> > >
> >> > > How do I print these post cards without printing each side seperately?
> >> > >
> >> > > Shelley
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
Betsy1 (17)
11/29/2007 6:16:01 PM
Good news, thanks for letting us know all is well. It is appreciated.

-- 
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/
news://msnews.microsoft.com

"Betsy" <Betsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:81031C94-55B4-4222-B670-E6075A2AD59A@microsoft.com...
> Yes, I was printing from the File menu, print merge.  I tried it again and
> discovered what I had done wrong.  I wanted to only print 4 entries (saving
> paper and ink) so I entered 1-4 instead of 'all' and got no addresses.  When
> I entered 41-44 (the actual numbers of the entries in my address database)
> the addresses were printed.  Hurray!!
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Are you using the print merge from the File menu?
>>
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>>
>> "Betsy" <Betsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:1489769C-CB0D-4430-9D94-2457DB501419@microsoft.com...
>> > Choosing "multiple PAGES per sheet"  is definitely the key!  However, my
>> > print preview (Publisher 2007) showed unique addresses on each page but 
>> > when
>> > I printed NO addresses were printed. Now what???
>> >
>> > "Shelley" wrote:
>> >
>> >> I couldn't get templates to print correctly either, but I finally figured 
>> >> it
>> >> out.
>> >>
>> >> Design your postcard. Do your merge. Your postcard should be two pages. 
>> >> One
>> >> page with the design and the other page the mailing information. The key 
>> >> is
>> >> in the print set-up, not the merge.
>> >>
>> >> Select:   "Print Merge."
>> >> Select:    "print multiple pages per sheet"
>> >> Paper Size: "letter"
>> >> Orientation: "Landscape"
>> >> 2-Sided Printing Options:  "two-sided, flip short side"
>> >>
>> >> The result is an 8 1/2 x 11 paper with two post card designs along the 
>> >> left
>> >> and two DIFFERENT addresses (a,b) along the right on paper side. If you 
>> >> flip
>> >> the paper over, like turning a page in a book, you have postcard designs
>> >> along the left again and two more different address (b,c) along the right.
>> >> When you cut them, you get 4 postcards with the same design on one side 
>> >> and 4
>> >> different address (a, b, c, d) on the other.
>> >>
>> >> Finally success!
>> >>
>> >> Shelley
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>> >>
>> >> > Use one of the postcard templates from Avery, 3263 will work. I have
>> >> > discovered
>> >> > there is a lot less hassle using the blank templates.
>> >> > You probably will have to have two separate publications. I have not 
>> >> > been
>> >> > able
>> >> > to figure out why the print interface works the way it does.
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > -- 
>> >> > Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> >> > http://office.microsoft.com/
>> >> > http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> >> > news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> >> >
>> >> > "Shelley" <Shelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> > news:A1CB3868-EC64-4D35-AE7F-B55BFBF342E4@microsoft.com...
>> >> > >I have read the previous posts regarding this issue. I cannot resolve 
>> >> > >my
>> >> > > problem.
>> >> > >
>> >> > > I have created a 1/4 page postcard. Information on page one and
>> >> > > successfully
>> >> > > merged addresses on page two. I only have one postcard on my screen 
>> >> > > and
>> >> > > as I
>> >> > > scroll through, I see all the correct information in the merge.
>> >> > >
>> >> > > I am having trouble printing the merge. I want 4 postcards on one 8
>> >> > > 1/2x11
>> >> > > piece of cardstock. One side with the same information and the other 
>> >> > > side
>> >> > > with four different addresses from my merge. I am getting side one 
>> >> > > with
>> >> > > information and side two with four duplicated addresses. The second 
>> >> > > piece
>> >> > > of
>> >> > > 8 1/2 x11 paper is four more postcards with the next address in the
>> >> > > merge...4
>> >> > > times.
>> >> > >
>> >> > > Printer Settings:  Multiple copies per sheet, "all entries", 4 copies.
>> >> > > This
>> >> > > setting is what gives me the problem outlined above.
>> >> > >
>> >> > > Printer Settings: Multiple copies per sheet "all entries", 1 copy. 
>> >> > > This
>> >> > > setting gives me one quarter page postcard and one merged address on 
>> >> > > an 8
>> >> > > 1/2
>> >> > > x11 pice of paper.
>> >> > >
>> >> > > I have successfully printed labels using mail merge with 2007. They 
>> >> > > are
>> >> > > not
>> >> > > two sided though. Print wet-up there is "multiple pages per copy". I
>> >> > > tried
>> >> > > that with the post cards and I get the page one of the post card side 
>> >> > > by
>> >> > > side
>> >> > > with the address side.
>> >> > >
>> >> > > How do I print these post cards without printing each side seperately?
>> >> > >
>> >> > > Shelley
>> >> > >
>> >> > >
>> >> > >
>> >> > >
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> >
>>
>>
>> 


0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/30/2007 1:51:03 PM
I just figured out after being on the phone with Microsoft (and they didn't figure it out I did) that you can print multiple addresses on one page by creating one file for the front of the post card and a second file for the back.  It works as long as you are not trying to print both pages.  Also using the multiple pages per sheet feature in the printer setup

> On Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:36 PM Shelle wrote:

> I have read the previous posts regarding this issue. I cannot resolve my 
> problem. 
> 
> I have created a 1/4 page postcard. Information on page one and successfully 
> merged addresses on page two. I only have one postcard on my screen and as I 
> scroll through, I see all the correct information in the merge.
> 
> I am having trouble printing the merge. I want 4 postcards on one 8 1/2x11 
> piece of cardstock. One side with the same information and the other side 
> with four different addresses from my merge. I am getting side one with 
> information and side two with four duplicated addresses. The second piece of 
> 8 1/2 x11 paper is four more postcards with the next address in the merge...4 
> times.
> 
> Printer Settings:  Multiple copies per sheet, "all entries", 4 copies. This 
> setting is what gives me the problem outlined above.
> 
> Printer Settings: Multiple copies per sheet "all entries", 1 copy. This 
> setting gives me one quarter page postcard and one merged address on an 8 1/2 
> x11 pice of paper.
> 
> I have successfully printed labels using mail merge with 2007. They are not 
> two sided though. Print wet-up there is "multiple pages per copy". I tried 
> that with the post cards and I get the page one of the post card side by side 
> with the address side.
> 
> How do I print these post cards without printing each side seperately?
> 
> Shelley


>> On Tuesday, August 14, 2007 6:01 PM Mary Sauer wrote:

>> Use one of the postcard templates from Avery, 3263 will work. I have discovered 
>> there is a lot less hassle using the blank templates.
>> You probably will have to have two separate publications. I have not been able 
>> to figure out why the print interface works the way it does.
>> 
>> 
>> -- 
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> news://msnews.microsoft.com
>> 
>> "Shelley" <Shelley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> news:A1CB3868-EC64-4D35-AE7F-B55BFBF342E4@microsoft.com...


>>> On Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:39 AM Shelle wrote:

>>> I couldn't get templates to print correctly either, but I finally figured it 
>>> out. 
>>> 
>>> Design your postcard. Do your merge. Your postcard should be two pages. One 
>>> page with the design and the other page the mailing information. The key is 
>>> in the print set-up, not the merge.
>>>  
>>> Select:   "Print Merge." 
>>> Select:    "print multiple pages per sheet"
>>> Paper Size: "letter"
>>> Orientation: "Landscape"
>>> 2-Sided Printing Options:  "two-sided, flip short side"
>>>            
>>> The result is an 8 1/2 x 11 paper with two post card designs along the left 
>>> and two DIFFERENT addresses (a,b) along the right on paper side. If you flip 
>>> the paper over, like turning a page in a book, you have postcard designs 
>>> along the left again and two more different address (b,c) along the right. 
>>> When you cut them, you get 4 postcards with the same design on one side and 4 
>>> different address (a, b, c, d) on the other.
>>> 
>>> Finally success!
>>> 
>>> Shelley
>>> 
>>> 
>>> "Mary Sauer" wrote:


>>>> On Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:05 PM Bets wrote:

>>>> "Shelley" wrote:


>>>>> On Wednesday, November 28, 2007 9:08 PM Bets wrote:

>>>>> Choosing "multiple PAGES per sheet"  is definitely the key!  However, my 
>>>>> print preview (Publisher 2007) showed unique addresses on each page but when 
>>>>> I printed NO addresses were printed. Now what???
>>>>> 
>>>>> "Shelley" wrote:


>>>>>> On Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:08 AM Mary Sauer wrote:

>>>>>> Are you using the print merge from the File menu?
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>>>>>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>>>>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/


>>>>>>> On Thursday, November 29, 2007 1:16 PM Bets wrote:

>>>>>>> Yes, I was printing from the File menu, print merge.  I tried it again and 
>>>>>>> discovered what I had done wrong.  I wanted to only print 4 entries (saving 
>>>>>>> paper and ink) so I entered 1-4 instead of 'all' and got no addresses.  When 
>>>>>>> I entered 41-44 (the actual numbers of the entries in my address database) 
>>>>>>> the addresses were printed.  Hurray!!
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> "Mary Sauer" wrote:


>>>>>>>> On Friday, November 30, 2007 8:51 AM Mary Sauer wrote:

>>>>>>>> Good news, thanks for letting us know all is well. It is appreciated.
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>>>>>>>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>>>>>>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/


>>>>>>>>> On Saturday, March 28, 2009 12:34 PM Michael Wax wrote:

>>>>>>>>> Hi Shelle,
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> Hope you can help with this problem you had some time ago.  I am trying to follow all your direction but I've created a postcard in publisher.  I'm trying to put 4 on 1 page.  When I follow your directions to merge, I get 4 addresses on one page BUT, the addresses are side by side....not on the back?
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> Hmmmmm.


>>>>>>>>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe 
>>>>>>>>> ASP.NET Generic Cookie Utility Class
>>>>>>>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/e7108c33-1cc6-48ae-9f65-cc391c8b66a7/aspnet-generic-cookie-utility-class.aspx
0
2/4/2011 9:51:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How can I show sheet names in different colours
Using Excel 2000. In a workbook of many sheets i want to make the Sheet names different colours to highlight each name and also to reference a particular sheet by using te colours elsewhere Hi you can't. Excel 2002 or higher is required for this feature -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dabblerdave" <dabblerdave@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E82E521E-6FBC-48FB-A2C4-63F5B099B291@microsoft.com... > Using Excel 2000. In a workbook of many sheets i want to make the Sheet names > different colours to highlight each name and also to re...

Publisher 2007 does not recognize printer
When attempting to print any document, page & etc from Publisher 2007 the pop up window "To print or preview a publication, at least one printer must be installed on the system" appears. The printer is installed and prints with all other programs installed on the computer including a test print. I have met with negative results with anything I have tried. There have been similar problems with Publisher 2007. What model printer do you have? There is an article here that was posted by Mark Clifton sometime back, it might be the solution you are hoping for. It is the art...

Multiple page sizes in one document
I need to print multiple page sizes from one document. Can someone point me to an article on this? Thanks You need to use ResetDC(...) before calling the StartPage(...).You should look at the DEVMODE and dmPaperSize member to set the appropriate paper size. Thanks Vipin "mike" <nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:%23SXiYwSkFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I need to print multiple page sizes from one document. Can someone point me > to an article on this? > Thanks > > You need to use ResetDC(...) before calling the StartPage(...).You should look at...

Excel 97 and 2007 on same computer
How can I *re-set* Windows XP SP2 to open all of my Excel files (.xls.xlt.csv) in Excel 97 when double-clicking? I also have Office 2007 installed inorder to sample the program, but not to use as my primary office application at this time. Thanks. -Dennis -- Dennis Kessler http://www.denniskessler.com/acupuncture You have to re-register the particular Excel version you want to open excel files with http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214388/en-us -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dk_" <nobody@spamless.com> wrote in message news:R%LSj.2715$NZ7.901@newsfe10.ams2... >...

i recommend to enter this page and find some great links to loans website :
i recommend to enter this page and find some great links to loans website : Loans : http://www.allpricequotes.com/article.asp?id=36 Insurance : http://www.allpricequotes.com/article.asp?id=38 credit cards : http://www.allpricequotes.com/article.asp?id=37 Allpricequotes.com is a leading search engine &amp; directory for price quotes on everything: Insurance, Loans ,Mortgages , Stocks, B2B services, Travel and much more services ...

RMS and House Acct- printing statements
I have a potential customer who will use house accts and print statements. However, there are some statements that done need to be printed (for example- COD). So - they want a way to be able to filter on what types of statements are printed. They may have 500 customers, but only 300 need to be printed. Today, they Add a code- N3 to the customer record, and then they filter on which customer statements to print that have the code N3 and have a balance greater than 0- and print these statements. Can RMS "filter" on which statements to print that are represented by a code? Andrea...

Document scrolling in Word 2007
I think you can get documents to automatically scroll through when you are using compare - but can you get it to do it for just one document? It would be very useful for proof reading (e.g., you can do it on Acrobat) -- Jon Morgan of Paraphrase If you have a mouse with a clickable wheel in the middle, click it on the Word document. The cursor changes to a pair of arrowheads with a dot in the middle. Drag the mouse downward very slightly, and the document will start to scroll. The farther down you drag, the faster the scrolling becomes -- and anything more than the least pos...

Mail Merge Outlook 2003/Word 2003 Not Working
Its that time of year again when we've all got to send out our xmas cards and woops I can't get the mmerge labels to work (using win xp sp1) Tried it from both outlook as a start point and word I've got quite a number of sub folders in my contacts their are two I'd like to individually mm to labels both are configured to be used as address books with 1, the contacts are selected from the outlook contact list and are shown in the dialogue box as: Personal Folders\contacts\friends but the names and addresses are not the same as the contacts I actually have in the folder calle...

Word 2007 copied URL's disabled
In Vista copied links to WOR turned blue and were underlined. They became active when the Ctrl key was clicked. In Windows 7 the copied links are black and not underlined. They won't work. How can I get them to work? Word options > proofing > autocorrect options > autoformat - check the box 'internet and network paths with hyperlinks' and any other options you require. Click OK. Then either add the 'autoformat now' button to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) or click ALT+CTRL+K to autoformat the document. -- <>>< ><<> &g...

correct settings for sql in ms office 2007
I don't believe my SQL is starting when I open MS Office 2007. I cannot send or receive email within the program. Which insances of SQL require what settings please. I'm at my wits end. Thank you. ...

MS Pulisher 2003 Printing/Preview Problems
Hi everyone. Got a problem with MS Publisher 2003. Designed a certificate using the Special Paper Award Certificate template but when I preview or print it the border does not show. Does anyone know how to make it preview or print with the borders? Look in a folder similar to this C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\PUBSPAPR This folder contains the .gifs that are used in the Special Paper templates. They are low resolution but you can get the idea how your certificate will print. My Microsoft newsreader is down, is anyone else experiencing this? -- _____ "Sombre" &...

Moving an Exchange Server to a new office, different subnet and IP
I need to find the simplest way to move an exchange server to a new location, with the least amount of down time. 1 thought is to create a redundat server at the new location, replicate the data in then take down old, ship to the new location, and bring it back up, then probobly taking one down, or making one a front-end, the othe a back-end. The new location is already linked in over a WAN, however they are on a different subnet At this point I am very open to suggestions, any will do Thank you for your time... How fast is your WAN? How much data do you have to move? What do you mean...

Error 553 using Outlook 2007 and Vista
Hello. I'm getting the following error using Outlook 2007 and Vista: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser) When I test the account settings, it's fine. I can recieve just fine, and the only outgoing messages without this error are for recepients with my same domain. I've turned off my antivirus and windows firewall. Still this doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 550 errors usually mean you're not authenticating properly, or you're attempting to use an SMTP server other than the one your ISP provides. ...

Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2007
I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook 2003. Can that be done? Is Outlook 2007 backward compatable? No. Afraid you will need to uninstall OL 2007 and then install OL 2003 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Guy" <gdelaney@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote in message news:OTykI2Q$KHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want to convert back from Microsoft Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Outlook > 2003. Can...

Printer does not print all text
For some reason one of my Publisher file is not printing all the text; only about 75% of the text is there. I have tried to print from a different computer but have the same problem. On screen, everything looks right and great. I am using Publisher 2007. Andy help would be appreciated. You might want to check the manufacturer's web site of your printer model for an upgraded driver. If you think your present driver is correct, uninstall it and then re-install. It is always wise to completely remove a printer driver before installing/reinstalling. How to clean up printer drivers...

upgrading from Access 97 to Access 2007
I designed a database (forms, reports, et al) several years ago in Access 97 and it continues to work well. I've just received a MS Office Professional 2007 and wonder if it is time to migrate my data into the new program. I've attempted two or three times to do this in Access 2002 and I keep getting error messages along the line of "...corrupted file..cannot be opened by Access 2002 (or some such message)..." The help radio button opens up a box which suggests I do some programming in Virtual Basic to perform my transfer task. The easy way out, of course, is to sti...

excel printing problem with my worksheet formula
Hi I am fairly new to excel. I added the automatic list number to worksheet that I am doing. So here is my problem I have. When I use th automatic list numbering formula I set it to count up to like 50 items. Now when I use it for like sales and count tracking sometimes will sell 15 or 50 or even 150 items or more each sale. Now when I wan to print each sale I cant get it to print only the items I want like 1 or 50 depending on the sale. It will print all 5 pages that I set m count up to, which was 500 items. So 15 items is not even one page o but I will get all 5 pages in all. "1 with...

Money 2007 payee name management
What is the best way to handle payee names and their variations? For example, I charge all of my gasoline purchases and typically fill- up at Raceway gas stations. After downloading the transactions each Raceway gas station appears with its own payee name, such as: Raceway 0001 Woodbridge Racewy 123 Edison ..... and so on I kind of like having this informatiion in the transaction register, but each one is a separate payee. At the same time I'd also like to group all of them under a single payee named Raceway. I started to use the automatic mapping of alternate payee nam...

Hide non-printing characters.
I have imported some data into Excel as a CSV file. Some of the cells contain formatting character such as CR, LF, HT. One one machine, that uses Excel 2000, these characters are displayed as squares. On another macine, that uses Excel 2007, the characters are still present but do not display. How can I hide (not delete) those characters on the Excel 2000 machine? TIA Chris Linefeeds will appear as little squares if the cell's format is not set to wrap text. If you change the format to wrap text, then the linefeeds will force new lines within the cell. Saved fr...

SharePoint 2007 Alerts
Alerts on out SharePoint 2007 server have been working for well over a year. On Monday, alerts stopped coming through on our "EmployeePortal" site. Alerts do come through from the same server from the "BusinessPortal" site. - Newly created alerts do send the "You have successfully created an alert for..." message from the "EmployeePortal" site. - Alerts do come through from the same server for a different web app/site collection. - Both "EmployeePortal" and "BusinessPortal" have the same outgoing email sett...

Printing problems #6
We are running Windows XP Professional on our network with 2 Windows 2003 servers, we also have some Windows 98 SE computers all computers have Publisher 2002, however on the Windows XP computers when you try to print a document it does not print sometimes it just sends the document and nothing happens sometimes it sends the document and then says that it can't find or connect to the printer. We have no problems printing to the printers from other office applications or software any ideas anyone? To what are the printers attached? -- Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imagi...

Mail merge
I have our contact window open with all the fields filled out. WHY would the mail merge at least have all the default fields from the contact form available?? The address 1 name field is used to describe the address or use as the company name as we do NOT use accounts and this does not show the account name that the contact is linked to. For such an expensive CRM solution, it is TOTALLY lacking in very simple features and requires so much EXTRA work just to get information that CRM already tracks!! Don't even get me started on the email issues... Hi, to solve this problem you c...

Outlook and ActiveSync #4
I bought a new PDA and am having an issue with Outlook and MS ActiveSync. I have a few add-in's (Acrobat, MapPoint and a custom email stationary program) that do not load when I boot the computer and open Outlook. Turns out, ActiveSync is opening Outlook in the background not allowing the add-ins to load. I have to go to Task Manager, stop Outlook, open Outlook to get my add-ins to work and then start the sync. So now, I have turned off sync (but it still looks for changes, thus still opening Outlook in the background), and have to go through this process every morning or every t...

Ribbon in 2007
Recently installed 2007 Office Pro When I open Outlook, I do not see 'Ribbon' It seems as if I have the same format of 2003. Could anyone advise me how I can see Ribbon when I open Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions, HankL The main interface of Outlook 2007 does not have a Ribbon. Outlook 2007 does have a Ribbon when you create or open any item such as creating a new email or when opening a contact. Outlook 2010 will have the Ribbon in the main interface as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coaut...

Access 97 Installed with 2007 Runtime
Hello. We are running Win7 with Access 97, Access 2007 Runtime and Office 2007 (without Access). When opening an mdb file with Access 97, the db opens fine. However, after closing the database, then opening an accdb file with access 2007 Runtime, I get the following error " There was a problem sending the command to the program." Immediately Access 2007 Runtime goes into the "Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Access Runtime 2007" Following that, the 2007 DB opens with 2007 Runtime. How can I run both Programs and prevent the error ...