2003 files not looking right in 2007

I opened a brochure in 2007 I just completed last week using 2003.  Whew, it
was a mess.  Spacing wrong etc. I went to another computer and using 2003
opened it and it was fine.  Why is this?  I have to almost redo the whole
brochure if I am going to use it in 2007.  Am I missing something.
Thanks
0
Pam1 (264)

Different printer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I opened a brochure in 2007 I just completed last week using 2003.  Whew,
>it
> was a mess.  Spacing wrong etc. I went to another computer and using 2003
> opened it and it was fine.  Why is this?  I have to almost redo the whole
> brochure if I am going to use it in 2007.  Am I missing something.
> Thanks

0
jl_paules (2767)
2/8/2007 4:51:00 PM
Never got that far.  Just by looking at it on the screen. Everything is off!!
 A mess.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Different printer?
>

> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I opened a brochure in 2007 I just completed last week using 2003.  Whew,
> >it
> > was a mess.  Spacing wrong etc. I went to another computer and using 2003
> > opened it and it was fine.  Why is this?  I have to almost redo the whole
> > brochure if I am going to use it in 2007.  Am I missing something.
> > Thanks

0
Pam1 (264)
2/8/2007 7:45:00 PM
Different printer drivers will make a difference. You don't have to actually
print it to see a change.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

> Never got that far.  Just by looking at it on the screen. Everything is
> off!!
> A mess.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Different printer?
>>

>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I opened a brochure in 2007 I just completed last week using 2003.
>> >Whew,
>> >it
>> > was a mess.  Spacing wrong etc. I went to another computer and using
>> > 2003
>> > opened it and it was fine.  Why is this?  I have to almost redo the
>> > whole
>> > brochure if I am going to use it in 2007.  Am I missing something.
>> > Thanks

0
jl_paules (2767)
2/8/2007 9:17:12 PM
Same Printer.  Nothing changed in that regard.  Worked fine early today in
2003.  Upgraded to 2007.  Open the file. File is a mess.  Other files are ok
though.  I am in a tizzy.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> Different printer drivers will make a difference. You don't have to actually
> print it to see a change.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Never got that far.  Just by looking at it on the screen. Everything is
> > off!!
> > A mess.
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
> >
> >> Different printer?
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>
> >> ~~~~~
> >> How to ask a question
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> >>

> >> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Pam1 (264)
2/8/2007 11:00:01 PM
Same printer drivers?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

> Same Printer.  Nothing changed in that regard.  Worked fine early today in
> 2003.  Upgraded to 2007.  Open the file. File is a mess.  Other files are
> ok
> though.  I am in a tizzy.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Different printer drivers will make a difference. You don't have to
>> actually
>> print it to see a change.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Never got that far.  Just by looking at it on the screen. Everything is
>> > off!!
>> > A mess.

0
jl_paules (2767)
2/8/2007 11:20:45 PM
YES

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> Same printer drivers?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Same Printer.  Nothing changed in that regard.  Worked fine early today in
> > 2003.  Upgraded to 2007.  Open the file. File is a mess.  Other files are
> > ok
> > though.  I am in a tizzy.
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Different printer drivers will make a difference. You don't have to
> >> actually
> >> print it to see a change.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>
> >> ~~~~~
> >> How to ask a question
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> >>

> >> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Pam1 (264)
2/9/2007 1:54:01 AM
Not sure what would affect if then. Different printer drivers can affect the
way a file appears. Can you tell us more about what you're calling "a mess"?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

> YES
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Same printer drivers?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Same Printer.  Nothing changed in that regard.  Worked fine early today
>> > in
>> > 2003.  Upgraded to 2007.  Open the file. File is a mess.  Other files
>> > are
>> > ok
>> > though.  I am in a tizzy.

0
jl_paules (2767)
2/9/2007 2:18:42 AM
Can i send you the PDF file I did w/2003 and you will see how it should look;
and then send you the pub file and you can see what it looks like in 2007
(which i assume you have) ?

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

> Not sure what would affect if then. Different printer drivers can affect the
> way a file appears. Can you tell us more about what you're calling "a mess"?
>

> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>

> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > YES
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Same printer drivers?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>
> >> ~~~~~
> >> How to ask a question
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
> >>

> >> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Pam1 (264)
2/9/2007 1:23:02 PM
Sure. But please note, I'm at work where I am Publisher-less. If you can
wait for a response until after supper, we can figure out what's going on.
Send the files to jl dot paules at gmail dot com.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

> Can i send you the PDF file I did w/2003 and you will see how it should
> look;
> and then send you the pub file and you can see what it looks like in 2007
> (which i assume you have) ?
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Not sure what would affect if then. Different printer drivers can affect
>> the
>> way a file appears. Can you tell us more about what you're calling "a
>> mess"?
>>

>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>> ~~~~~
>> How to ask a question
>> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
>>

>> "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > YES

0
jl_paules (2767)

Restore Outlook 2003
I had a problem with my HD which required reformatting the drive. Fortunately, I did have my outlook.pst file backed-up. I have now reinstalled Windows XP Pro and MS Office 2003. When I entered Outlook, I did not see my email messages or contacts. So, I copied my backed-up copy of outlook.pst to the outlook directory (beneath the My Documents directory) and clicked File/Open/Outlook Data File. Then they appeared in separate places on my screen. I have several questions at this point. 1. Have I proceeded correctly so far in trying to get back to my original state before the HD problem? 2....

File in Use problem
I'm revisiting some VBS scripts that I wrote several years ago to generate resumes for me (via Word macros) and would like some guidance on a couple of errors I am getting. I'll post about the two errors separately so that each has its own thread. My VBS script is pretty simple: ======================= ' Get arguments into variables If WScript.Arguments.Count > 0 Then MsgBox "Too many arguments; expecting none." WScript.Quit End If ' Find path for MyDocuments folder Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") Set objFolder = o...

Install OWA 2003
HI How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of the EXC2003? Examplo, in server WEB. Tks You can't. OWA is now integrated into Exchange and cannot be separated like you could with Exchange 5.5 installing only OWA. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Alysson" <alyssondk@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:%23yzn1wyrFHA.2348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > > > HI > > How to install OWA2003 in one another server, separate of the server of > the > EXC2003? > Examplo, in server WEB. > > > Tks > &g...

Hyperlink to TXT file
I have a TXT file that is created from another software program. I' like to create a hyperlink to that TXT file in Excel. When I click o the hyperlink I'd like the TXT file to open with Excel, not the defaul Notepad. Is this possible to do -- ranebo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ranebow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2373 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37403 You might be able to fiddle with your file associations--but I wouldn't do that. There's ...

Exchange 2003 getting clogged?
Hello all, A client of mine wrote me the following IM's earlier regarding his boss's email account. It appears that there hasn't been any change in configurations on the server and that it was just noticed today/very recently. While I'm not an Exchange2003 expert, I have used it a little and never ran across any clients that have used it before until now. Does anyone have any suggestions at what route to take when reading this? I admit this discussion with me and the client seems to be broad, but I was trying to gather as much info as possible to troubleshoot: Clie...

2000 Server Connection to 2003 over VPN
Here is my issue: My company has a remote office in Montana. We have 2 Cisco 501 Pix connecting the sites via VPN. The 2003 Servers from WA can see the Montana office with no problem as can all the Workstations. The 2 windows 2000 SP4 Servers however can not see the 2003 server in Montana or vice versa. When pinging the servers from either side it does reolve to the correct IP however the ping drops. Every other IP connects fine. Something in the 2000 servers are blocking the connection over the VPN any ideas would be great... Thanks Jeremy SOme things to check: DNS zones on both ends, st...

Outlook 2003-Does Not Terminate
I was noticing that my computer would take an inordinately long time (like 10 minutes) to complete its shutdown from time to time. I've finally isolated the problem-- it only occurs when OUTLOOK.EXE is still shown as a running process in the Task Manager. (Note that the APPLICATION is not running, just the process, showing 16,788 KB.) I've tried using the END PROCESS command, but to no avail. (I get the warning message, and click YES, but nothing happens.) How can I find out what's causing this, and how do I stop it from happening? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme...

2 Files Open In 2 Instances Of Excel #2
Dave. Thanks for your help. I fully understand your reasoning over the dislike of using this, fo obvious reasons. But thanks for you help. I have added the following into my workbook coding Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests = True To turn this option on only when the specific spreadsheet opens, an then Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests = False within the button that closes it, so that this does not remain th default, as not to cause others a problem using other spreadsheets. Thanks again for all your help. Celtic_Avenger :) :) :) :) : -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------...

How to rebuild public folders in Exchange 2003
I have run into a problem with a migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. The public folders appear to be messed up. This stems back to a migration from 5.5 to 2000. At this point the public folders are empty. I would like to rebuild them, but am looking for the best approach to do this. I have seen article 822444, but it also references rebuilding the public folders. Any Advice? Thanks ...

Sort Inbox items by Unread in Outlook 2003 doesn't work
I customized my inbox view to sort items by unread. Unfortunately, the messages are not sorted have read and unread messages intermixed in my inbox (sorted by date). I wanted unread messages first then read messages afterwards. The primary sort would be unread ascending (descending didn't work either) and secondary sort would be by date. The group by is none since unread was not an option and automatically group according to this arrangement is turned off (tried with it on & didn't work either). The inbox shows that it is arranged by custom. Any suggestions on how to fix this...

new excel 2003
I work in a small office and wonder if we should buy the new Excel 2003 to upgrade from Excel 2000 that we are currently using. I cannot find anywhere that tells me what the upgrades are. I also want to find some support I can get to explain the differences. thnx Hg, It's probably not worth the price of the upgrade. There's really not much more that you can do with 2003 that you can't do in 2000. One of the Excel gurus who has written some excellent books on Excel (including 2003) has a review on his web site. Take a look here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/xl2003.htm John ...

Excel Files #5
How can I alphabetize files within a folder? I have Microsoft Office Excel 2003. thanks In your explorer window there should be a header - "Name". Just click this and it will sort Ascending or Descending. Just click on it until you get the desired results. It will display an arrow to the right of "Name" indicating Ascending or Descending. this works for each of the column header showing in your explorer window. HTH "Debbie" <Debbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6D04351-F92A-4AB5-BC21-14F775964D50@microsoft.com... > How ca...

Looking for the best Credit Card Processor with Ingenico.
I am tired of paying outragous credit card fees. Would like to know if I can get some recomendations for a competitave rates and support the ingenico as well. Hello Tony, I use etsms.com. They support the Ingenico I6550 with both pin pad for debit and digital signature capture as legal signature for credit card sales. Their credit card processing doesn't require PCCharge or any third party credit card processing software. Just RMS 2.0 right out of the box. I hope this helps you in the search for a credit card processor. -- Steve "Tony" wrote: > I am tired of paying ...

How to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments
I have followed Microsoft's instructions on how to change where Outlook 2003 saves attachments. Those are found in Knowledge Base Article #823131 and involve changing the Registry. (There really should be an easier way.) Anyway, despite having followed those instructions explicitly, Outlook continues to save emailed attachments in a folder buried deep in the C: drive that doesn't even show itself when I navigate to it (and even when I set folder options to show hidden folders). Just to try everything, I did a completely clean reinstall of Outlook and then followed the Registry edit ...

Upgrade from SBS 2003 to Standard 2003
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have an sbs 2003 server and we want to change everything to the new sever we bought which is running standard 2003 r2. We only use our server as a file and print. So all we need to to be bale to transfer the users etc and have them logon with no issues ie changing profiles etc. Can this be done? Thanx PS, really dont want to get involved with transition packs etc. -- jonoharper ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jonoharper's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/171848.htm View this...

Convert to Outlook 2003
We are receiving new pc's which have Windows XP and Office 2003. Users vary on operating systems and Office Versions. What are the correct step to bring over there pst files? Or maybe we shouldn't. But I need to know what the steps are to install there Old Messages/Folders/Contacts/Tasks/Calendar Items etc. from old pc(various Outlook versions 2000 prior) to new pc which now have Outlook 2003. I have tried a couple of ways but I keep getting a duplicate personal folder which is also active. (Example if they get a new mail message it goes to both inboxes in both personal fol...

outlook 2003 new mail sound
why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it You mention that you have it set up in Windows....do you have it enabled in Outlook? Click Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options, Advanced Email Options, and ensure it is checked under new mail options. >-----Original Message----- >why doesn't 2003 play a sound when new mail arrives? >yes i have set it up in windows sounds and it still doesn't do it > > >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You mention that yo...

Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi all, Our Exchange 2003 Standard Edition server's Public Store has exceeded the 16GB limit and shut down. I'm familiar with the temporary extension to 17GB one can do for the Mailbox Store but haven't found a KB article regarding temporarily expanding the Public Folder store. Is this possible and if so how? Temporary solution found - the same registry entry mentioned in KB828070 except located in the public folder key does the 1GB increase. "MS Newsgroups" <msnews@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:erikqn9qEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > ...

Adding 2nd Contact Look-up to Quote
What are the opions for adding a second "Look-up" field to the CRM forms - specifically adding Contact to the Quote form? 3rd party options? Titan - CRM 4.0? Work-arounds? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM Darryl, Here's a nice workaround that I've written up. Let me know if it works for you or if you have any trouble with it. http://www.mscrmexperts.com/dnn/Blogs/tabid/55/EntryID/2/Default.aspx -Xavier www.MSCRMExperts.com Quest Business Solutions On May 14, 3:56 pm, Darryl Henderson <DarrylHender...@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

I have a user who's unable to paste an Excel 2003 chart into Outlook 2003 email message. In Outlook options, the checkbox is selected for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages". When I tested this on my own computer running the same version of Office, if the box is check, I have no problem pasting; if this box is cleared, I cannot paste. But on his computer, it doesn't work regardless. Thanks and regards, TL ...

Contacts in Outlook 2003 (and other Office 2003 atrocities)
Every time Microsoft does a new improved version of Office it ruins what few features it had before that worked. Going to Office 2003 (from 2000)makes a real mess of almost all of Office (it ruined what formatting I had in WORD -- the numbering goes to some default that MS thinks I *should* want). It also makes it impossible for me to find people (not CONTACTS, these are FRIENDS) I had in my address book in Outlook. For example I used to be able to type in my friends' nicknames, but that doesn't work in 2003 (the nickname is there alright, but you can't retrieve them by typing t...

Error when sending pub 2003 document as an email
we have a document that we have been sending as an email in publisher 2003 for some time, by using the SEND AS EMAIL> SEND THIS PAGE AS A MESSAGE. This has worked fine for some time, but now something has happened to the document that when you click the send button in outlook you get a message that publisher has encountered an error and needs to close. Outlook then freezes and has to be cntrl-alt-del to kill it off. this happens with the same document on multiple computers, whereas the same computers can complete the task using a newly created document. Anyone seen this before? detai...

Outlook 2003 #240
Just installed Outlook 2003, running Outlook 2000 prior. Here is my problem; 1) I launch Outlook 2) Microsoft LDAP window comes up; Server name NULL, PORT 3268, USER NAME NULL 3) Close this window. Then I can press send/receive button, however, it cannot check for new email. In addition, if I create a new email from within Outlook, there is no "send-emal" button. HELP! Thanks. Steve <nospam@abc.net> wrote: > 1) I launch Outlook > 2) Microsoft LDAP window comes up; Server name NULL, PORT 3268, USER > NAME NULL > 3) Close this window. Tools>E-mail Accoun...

Pub 2003 Question ( Problem )
I have documents I created a couple of years ago in Pub 2003 that contain a lot of pictures. When I open them up today, many of the pictures do not show on screen? No error messages ? What can I do ? Wayne wrote: > I have documents I created a couple of years ago in Pub 2003 that > contain a lot of pictures. When I open them up today, many of the > pictures do not show on screen? > > No error messages ? > > What can I do ? =========================== Have a look at the following site: (Read the third FAQ) Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/ lines when editing ...

Exchange 2003 sending 3 copies of email
strange one, exchange 2003 sp1 - windows 2000 box. This happens with just one user and not all the time. She will send out one email and the receiver will get 3 copies. (internal and external receivers) checking the logs, exchange reports that the sender did send out three emails (different msg ID's). time stamps are the same pop access is turned on for this user so she can get email via her treo, but the msg are not sent out using this. thanks Lee It is for sure user related. Try out the following things configure hermailbox on another computer and see or Use OWA to send emai...