2002 evaluation.

Some time ago I ordered an evaluation copy of MS Publisher
2002.  The CD came 2 days later, but that's when my hopes
for a good evaluation ended.  The thing won't install
without a Product Key, which Microsoft never provided me
with.  During the installation I click on the appropriate
link, but all I get is a polite info that the Key has been
already sent to the e-mail provided, but will be re-sent.
Guess what, it never came.  I sent an e-mail to MS support
asking for help.  They replyed promptly with a car
salesman like attitude, saying that they are dedicated to
providing the best support blah, blah, blah, but somehow
they still didn't include the activation key.

I downloaded an evaluation copy of Adobe Page Maker 7 (I
guess they are more technically advanced than MS, since
they don't use CDs for that purpose), it installed without
problems and ran for 30 days.  That's what I call a
professional approach.

What's wrong with MS?  Am I asking for too much?
0
jek123 (3)

technology, Ed reads a
>message from Jerry <jek123@comcast.net>
>> I downloaded an evaluation copy of Adobe Page Maker 7 (I
>> guess they are more technically advanced than MS, since
>> they don't use CDs for that purpose), it installed
without
>> problems and ran for 30 days.  That's what I call a
>> professional approach.
>Because Adobe charge so much for their products, they can
afford to lose
>some customers to piracy.  Trial software makes life easy
for pirates, and
>downloadable trials doubly so.
>Please check your email for further information.

Point taken.  However, as much as I hate to ruin your day
I must say that you are wrong in your assumption of my
guilt.  I was asked to evaluate MS Publisher as a coutesy
for a small non-profit organization.  I believe that
before I tell these people to go ahead and spend the money
I should make sure that the software can actually do the
job.

If I really wanted to break the law I probably wouldn't
have posted a message on MS forum.  I think there are
other places on the internet better suitable for help with
software piracy.  But then, I follow my logic and you
follow yours.  Just don't notify the authorities because
they will quickly prove you wrong.

Jerry K.
0
jek123 (3)
7/9/2003 8:48:38 PM
Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a
message from Jerry <jek123@comcast.net>
> Point taken.  However, as much as I hate to ruin your day
> I must say that you are wrong in your assumption of my
> guilt.

I never assumed you personally were guilty. I just said that Microsoft do
not give out trials and product keys willy-nilly, because it would make life
very easy for the people who were guilty.  Not you.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
7/9/2003 8:58:15 PM

Sorry for the harsh language.  Sometimes my word selection
is not as elegant as one would expect from a gentleman.
But then, immigrants rarely become gentlemen...

I followed your advice you e-mailed me and waiting for
results.

Thank you.

Jerry K.
0
jek123 (3)

Merge data from Excel 2002 into Word 2002
A address data file has been created in Excel. The data is then merged into a label file in Word. The merge performs fine; except each time it is performed some of the data is lost. For example there will be 79 address complete with name, company, address, and city etc. and only 77 will merge correctly. Not sure if it is a data or word problem. ...

2002
PS Ive used the tools menu, send/receive all and that doesnt work either anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > PS Ive used the tools menu, send/receive all and that > doesnt work either What message was this supposed to amend? -- Brian Tillman ...

Send/Receive Not Working Outlook 2002
My send/receive button does not work after adding a new e- mail account to Outlook. I have successfully tested the settings using the new account feature and verified that the test mail was delivered to the web server. But, when I click on send/receive nothing happens. I have run Norton SystemWorks to no avail. I tried the detect and repair to no avail. Uninstalled the program (Office XP Pro) and reinstalled the program. The problem still exists. Any ideas? I am having the same problem with my Office XP Professional. When I try to edit my account I am getting a message "The ope...

Interface Error on Outlook 2002/XP
Hello, I received an Error when trying to access a message that was went to my Outbox. (My machine froze as I was creating this message, and when I rebooted, the msg was in the Outbox) When I click on the message to send it, or delete it I get this message, " Messaging interface has returned an unknown error. Please restart Outlook as problem persists". I have tried restarting, but to no avail. The error appears when I try to access the message, or recieve new messages. Does anyone know any tricks? Thanks, for your help y'all--Crys ...

2001 to 2002
When updating Money said it can't find my file and will not convert the old one. Is there any way to fix this. File|Open? "Vip" <Vip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC7810A0-1E8B-4F89-BC5A-76265E126D4E@microsoft.com... > When updating Money said it can't find my file and will not convert the > old > one. Is there any way to fix this. > ...

Problem with Outlook 2002
I just installed SP3, and now, whenever I start a new message or repply to a message, I get a prompt asking my permission to allow another program to access my Outlook contacts. I use MS Word 2002 as my email editor, and when I disable Word, the annoying Yes/No prompt goes away. But I want to be able to use Word within Outlook without this prompt. Any ideas? Scott <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed SP3, and now, whenever I start a new > message or repply to a message, I get a prompt asking my > permission to allow another program to access my...

Lost mail in Outlook 2002 when upgrading to WinXP Pro
I was using Outlook 2002 to read mail in my Administrator account under Windows 2000 Pro. When I upgraded to Windows XP Pro, I lost all of my E-mail, because apparently the installer didn't copy my old Administrator account to the new WinXP Administrator account. I tried to copy the Outlook-related folders from my old Admin account to my new Admin account. It seemed to work for a while, but then the Outlook Shortcuts bar started acting strangely. Is there an elegant way to get my old Outlook mail into my new WinXP Admin account? The best way is simply to configure a new instal...

TYPO
I have no clue what I did before - but I can't remember how to publish my website. I have a user name and password to access my site - do I save as or export?!?!? HELP - I can't figure out anything - I'm driving myself crazy . . . ...

oUTLOOK 2002 #96
I recently added Norton Internet Security and now my outlook freezes after a few actions, i can open a few emails or send some but after a short while i get the dreaded "not responding". i tried uninstalling internet security but outlook still didn't work. i also fixed the pst file with the microsoft utility (it found errors, then said it wasn't responmding and then said it had fixed the file but outlook continues to crash. any ideas ...

publisher 2002 upgrade
folks in the process of upgrading from 98 to 2002 I have applied office xp sp1 & sp2 but am still getting the symptons on Kb article 292260, can anyone throw any light on a way forward - i have 200 documents that need converting thanks dave What are the symptoms? -- "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote in message news:%23l%237s0duDHA.1740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What are the symptoms? > > -- > > The Wordart format , not the text, is being , strectched thus affecting other text boxes on the document thanks for any help D...

Outlook/Word 2002
unable to remove strikethrough feature is check-off. I stop using Word2002 as email editor for the meantime. I ran virusscan found nothing, also ran fix and detect and repair same thing. I put reinstalling Office as my last option.....appreciate the help. BoriTech fonts in message bodies are struck thru? plain text or html? is it one of the fonts selected in tools, options, mail format, fonts? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips....

Outlook 2002 sp2 hangs when using Word 2002 as editor....
Hi, This is my issue,a user had problems forwarding one particular email. So to try and help the situation I installed SP1 and SP2 for Office XP. The user uses Word as his default editor, and also has a template setup in word which has the company logo. Now after the SP installs I cannot forward any mail without getting the following "starting Word 2002" pop-up and Outlook hangs. So SP1 and 2 seemed to have made the issue worse. Instead of just having issues forwarding one mail, I cant forward any mail without Word editor hanging. Has anyone seen this and found a work aroun...

2002
Does anyone know if there is going to be a way to fix the no start problem with money 2002 without uninstalling it, i dont have a cd to reinstall it with. ...

Outlook 2002 Must Manually hit the Send/Receive button
Recently, even though my Outlook mail set-up is suppose to schedule an automatic send/receive every 1 minute, no messages will come in or out unless I manually hit the send/receive button including when I first open Outlook. This is a new problem that occured without making any changes to my prior Outlook settings. Any suggestions? Hi, Try increasing the time to 2 minutes. It might take some time more than 1 min to download the stuff from your server. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Frustrated" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Importing one folder from OE to Outlook 2002
I have one folder to import from OE6 to Outlook, and I can't remember which way allows me to select an individual folder to import - is it Import in Outlook, or Export in OE? Thanks! Export in OE. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Gordon" <GordonBP1@yahoo.invalid> wrote in message news:%23qiWlFheEHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have one folder to import from OE6 to Outlook, and I can't remember which > w...

05-19-06 DATES, prior to 1900, Excel 2002, how to set
I have a project requiring the entering and sorting of files in date order, prior to 1900 (mostly 1800s to 1950). Is there a patch or process to make Excel 2002 work with dates prior to 1900, as it does with those after 1900. ;-) J John Walkenbach has just what you need at http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "JWSM" <bungarribee@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:446db51f_1@news.iprimus.com.au... >I have a project requiring the entering and sorting of files in date order,...

Weird behavior in Pub 2002
Ok, I open a one page document in Pub and I do an Insert/Page and tell it I want a blank page. What I end up with is a two page totally blank document. Any idea where my original document went? I assumed I was just appending a page onto the back. When I Undo the Insert/Page I get my document back. This is weird. Another weird one. I have an image I am trying to embed in a text box and have the text wrap around it. I've got the proper settings re: Format/Layout/Wrapping style, but I can't get the text to wrap around it. Any thoughts on this one? Thanks Bob -- ------------------...

Money 2002 backup restore problem
I had a corrupt system file (or something) that required me to reformat my hard drive. I always backed up my Money file to a floppy disk on a routine basis. When I tried to restore the file I received an error that the file "was corrupt or not a Money backup file." I'm pretty certain the file is not corrupt and this is a problem with the restore process. Anyone have a similar problem? (Yes, I've read all the procedures on how to do it.) TIA, Dave Many people who get themselves in this situation installed a different version of Money than the one they were actually u...

Calendar OL 2002 #2
Archiving does not seem to delete items from calendar. How does one clean up calendar automatically say every 6 months or so? ...

Outlook 2002
I seem to be unable to complete Archiving successfully. I want to Archive my Calendar file and, when attempting to do it, all seems to work correctly (the Archive file is created etc) except that the data to be archived does not move to the Archive file. I do have MSActiveSync installed in case that is relevant. Any advice would be much appreciated. Rob Archiving works on the modified date of items. If you have Activesync installed and it touches the items that you wanted archived, the modified date is changed to the date of the last access by activesync so it will not be archived. ...

2002 to 2003?
TIA I have to add new emails from a computer that is running Outlook 2002, into a computer that is running Outlook 2003. I saved a pst file but the 2003 Outlook will not recognize it. How do I get around this? Again, thanks, Dave H. "DH" <xxxdaveoh@swbell.net(axe the x's)> wrote in message news:B34Bi.619$FO2.198@newssvr14.news.prodigy.net... > I have to add new emails from a computer that is running Outlook 2002, > into a computer that is running Outlook 2003. I saved a pst file but the > 2003 Outlook will not recognize it. > > How do I get aro...

installing 2002
I have a new vista machine with MS Works on it. I thought I should be able to install my 2002 upgrade, but apparently it wont work. I tried my Access 97 upgrade and it also wont work. Shouldnt Works qualify so that I ca install and Access upgrade? Joe wrote: > I have a new vista machine with MS Works on it. I thought I should be > able to install my 2002 upgrade, but apparently it wont work. I tried > my Access 97 upgrade and it also wont work. Shouldnt Works qualify so > that I ca install and Access upgrade? I seem to recall that it did on only a few versions, but most not....

Problem with Outlook 2002 to open attatch files
Could you please help ?? When I try to open an attach file even if is in my Personal folder or in my Exchange mailbox it take 2 till 3 minites to open it. This problem is frequent with Excel files. Any advises are well comes in order to solve this problem. thanks in advance NB : I'm using Office XP SP3 and OS : W2000 SP4 ...

2003 over 2002???
In our school we use Office 2002 for students and teachers.. Now they want us to use Office 2003 for students and teachers. It is my job to put it into the computer. Do I delete office 2002 for students and teachers first or just load 2003 over it If you really want to be anal about it, uninstall 2002 first. I would just install 2003 and the installer will prompt you whether you want to keep 2002 or not. That is by far the fastest way. "Ski" wrote: > In our school we use Office 2002 for students and teachers.. Now they want > us to use Office 2003 for students and tea...

Outlooks 2002
All of sudden I can not send or receive e-mails. I spoke to my ISP (Comcast.net) and they said it was a microsoft issue. They thought there would be a patch on the site. Please let me know what to do. Comcast had a problem today with their servers. I was down as well, but it came up this afternoon. You may want to try again now. >-----Original Message----- >All of sudden I can not send or receive e-mails. I spoke >to my ISP (Comcast.net) and they said it was a microsoft >issue. They thought there would be a patch on the site. > >Please let me know what to do. ...