?WordArt, When Printing, First Character Has Dark Background?

Using Word or Publisher 2003, using WordArt, sometimes the document,
including the WordArt, looks fine in Print Preview, but when I actually
print (B&W is all I've tried), the first character of the WordArt has a
dark background. If I have two WordArt objects in a document, one or
the other will have the first character with a dark background.

Explanation? Fix?

--
          (||) Nehmo (||)

0
nehmo54 (43)

outlook subject line
beginning today, each email that I send is received at the other end missing the first letter of the subject line. the only thing different today than yesterday is that I've updated Norton. Any ideas what's wrong, how to fix? sounds like it could be a Norton problem - disable email scanning and see if it still occurs. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/...

excel printing #4
is there a script or trick to print odd/even pages in excel? word has it! Thankx in advance! mdooly Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#odd -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl <m_dooly@excite.com> wrote in message news:00d301c3b2bc$3bd1d930$a501280a@phx.gbl... > is there a script or trick to print odd/even pages in > excel? > word has it! > Thankx in advance! > mdooly Can the macro be loaded into excel directly? I have never used them, I see how one can be recorded... and there is the ms vb editor ... should I just c...

Printing Calander 2 days on 1 page
How do I print a calander so it views two days on one page? I can get it to do 1 day on 2 pages, but not vice versa. Thanks, Carol ...

how to print only document titles located in a folder
want to print an index list of documents in a folder without printing the documents See the article "Insert into a document the names of all files in a selected folder” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/InsertFileNames.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "glenda" <glenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:779E5559-4348-49A7-B3DE-C0C28B39257B@microsoft.com... >...

Want to Printing Sheet(x) from Sheet1
Greetings, I would like to print a Worksheet from another active worksheet. Example: From Sheet1: (clicking a cell, button??) If condition 2=true print Sheet2 If condition 3=true print Sheet3 etc Objective: Printing Bank Deposits Slips: We have 5 different accounts in one Bank, we have created 5 protected worksheets each having the fixed data on them (acc# ,acc name, etc). The variable data (deposits, cash back etc) we enter them from Sheet1 using a list we send the data to the corresponding account Sheet(2-6). We want to print only the Sheet that we selected in the list field. Is this...

Envelope Printing
In Word 2003, Printing envelopes under Tools, Envelopes/Labels resulted in a pink text even thought all documents print black. I changed the color of the envelope address papagraph style font to black and added to template and closed the window, but am unsure how to save this modification. This then resulted in the envelopes not printing at all, even though the printhead is going through the motion. All other documents except envelopes print fine in black text. You may get a better response in one of the MSWord newsgroups. libbyd wrote: > > In Word 2003, Printing envelopes und...

Create a PDF file from any program that will print
Anyone can create a PDF file from any program that will print. You define any (virtual) Post Script (PS) printer on your system. I have an Apple and an IBM PS printers defined. You print to a file, obviously, since you don't really need to have an attached PS printer. The file type will be .prn on Win machines. Next you go to www.ps2pdf.com and use the Convert wizard which will upload your file and send it back as a PDF file. The site doesn't save uploaded files so it is relatively secure and has been providing this service for quite some time. Lastly, you simply save the PDF fil...

printing quotes 02-29-04
A lot of folks are using templates/mail merge with the Sales for Outlook client. Hi Lindad, we have a new add-on product for MSCRM that allows you to produce customizable Quotes, Order and Invoices, with line-item details directly from the Quote, Order and Invoice forms within both the Web and Outlook clients. This is another option. Mike greaterthantwo media Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now available for MSCRM. http://www.greaterthantwo.com "lindad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:180901c3fecb$7014bf90$a601...

Print Problem
I have Office 2007 running on WXP, printing to an HP Deskjet 932C. I have a Word document that has a custom page size, 5.5w by 8.5 long. However, when I print in portrait it actually prints in landscape and visa versa. It prints fine on normal standard pages, but on the custom it flips portrait and landscape. What gives with this? Mike D. "Michael Dobony" <survey@stopassaultnow.net> wrote in message news:10uu7286ykb1a.kkbxqmx1tip3$.dlg@40tude.net... > I have Office 2007 running on WXP, printing to an HP Deskjet 932C. I have > a > Word document that h...

Slow Printing Publisher 2003
I have a user printing a document with a size of 1.6 MB. When she sends the job to a network printer (HP LaserJet 4550C) it prints VERY slowly. It will print a page, then pause, and then print another. I had this problem once before on the same model printer, in that case it had a low toner message for yellow so I changed the cartridge and I was back in business. This printer does not have a low toner message, but her magenta is at 8%. Is this a problem with Publisher? She can print at regular speed when printing from any other application. Any ideas for me?? Just one suggestion - post...

how do I print ALL the receipts from a day?
Hi there, does anyone know how you print ALL the receipts from day? so far the only way to get a copy of every receipt from the day is to go to journal and individually print off each receipt, very time consuming if youve had 50+ sales! Is there a way around this? Or do we really have to print each one individually? cheers sami Hi, Press f5 and print X report and if u want to close the batch take the Z report "sami1012" wrote: > Hi there, does anyone know how you print ALL the receipts from day? so far > the only way to get a copy of every receipt from the day is to ...

Printing vertical text (or not!)
Hi, I've got another printing question. I need to print some vertical text on a printout (entire line of text rotated 90 degrees, not just horizontal letters stacked vertically). I set nEscapement and nOrientation to 900 in my CFont, and the font is rotated correctly, but I can't figure out how to place it on the page. Using DrawText() with DT_CENTER and DT_VCENTER doesn't work - the text prints, but not centered. I also see that if I do a DrawText() with DT_CALCRECT, the resulting rectangle does not correspond to the text if it were printed vertically. That is, it will return...

how to get the size of the paper selected before any print or print preview
Hi, I need to know the size of paper user has selected in print dlg before he starts any print job. I used CPrintDialog dlg(FALSE) CDC dc; dc.Attach(dlg.m_pd.hDC); int Paperwidth=GetDeviceCaps(dc.m_hDC,HORZSIZE); But it always returns the same number , which is the width of an A4 paper regardlesss of the the type of the paper which was selected in print setup. thanks, Behzad >I need to know the size of paper user has selected in print dlg before he >starts any print job. >I used > CPrintDialog dlg(FALSE) > CDC dc; > dc.Attach(dlg.m_pd.hDC); &...

how can i print certain booklet pages as seen on my screen?
I am using Publisher 2003 and want to print out the pages of a 'booklet' to correct as proofs, but print them as I see them appear on the screen; and NOT as Publisher keeps printing them in the actual booklet page order which is different. Please help. ( Printing off the whole monitor screen is no good for me.) Open a new instance of Publisher, setup a new letter size page as landscape, copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Duncan-Desperate" <Duncan-Desperate@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Print wrapping
I have a spreadsheet that has a lot of columns, but not many rows. Instead of printing on 2 pages, I would like to print the "second page" of data under the data on the first sheet. Is there any way to do this without manually rearranging the file? TIA, JC JC, You can make a print layout sheet, using links to the original. Copy each section of the original sheet, and in the Print Layout sheet, use Paste Special - Link. You'll get zeroes where there are empty cells. You may be able to use Tools - Options - View and uncheck "zero values." If not, post back. ...

print batch number on receipts
is there a way to add the batch number to a receipt? FYI Batch.Number Returns the number of the batch currently being processed. "Sammy" wrote: > is there a way to add the batch number to a receipt? ...

Printing on 11 x 17
Trying to print with Pub 2003 on 11 x 17 to HP BI 2600. After I send job to print, the message "Tabloid size not loaded in tray Tray 2". All references to page size in program and print driver are set to 11 x 17. Please help. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Dennis Coons <dennis.coons@webco-inc.com>... > Trying to print with Pub 2003 on 11 x 17 to HP BI 2600. > After I send job to print, the message "Tabloid size not > loaded in tray Tray 2". All references to page size in > program and print driver are se...

Publisher Print Merge is not working
My "print merge" works fine on my labels, but when I go to print invoices I get only the "print" option. Consequently, Publisher is printing only the first page of my merged document. I am using the same database in Microsoft Access for both my labels and my invoices. How do I fix my problem? James McDonough Are you using Publisher 2000, maybe the menu is not expanding. Click the chevron. Are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "James McD." <JamesMcD@discussion...

How to insert PDF letterhead as a background in Excel #2
Hi I am trying to insert a PDF letter head onto a Excel worksheet, without success. If you have any ideas please let me know. ...

WordArt
When I try to edit my WordArt it comes up and says Publisher can not launch or communicate with OLE server program. I have done this many times in the past with no problem. I uninstalled Publisher and reinstalled it and it still won't work. Any help I can get is greatly appreciated. Well Mary perhaps you could tell us what version of Windows and Publisher you have then we may be able to help you. -- ----- °°°MS°Publisher°°° wrote: ---- Well Mary perhaps you could tell us what version of Windows and Publishe you have then ...

Unable to delete CBM batch as cheques have been printed
While entering payments in the CBM batches, our client had accidently pressed the print cheque button. now he saved the transaction without entering the distribution as well. Now the batch cannot be deleted as the cheques were printed and the transaction cannot be posted as the distribution was not entered. The distribution button is disabled so we are unable to modify the distribution as well. I understand that I will have to delete the transactions manually using SQL Queries. Could someone guide me as to which tables to modify. The client is using GP 10 with SQL server 2005 ...

Printing #7
I print my page and it has a row of text down the left side that does not show on the page on the computer. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Von <alton_von@yahoo.com>!"... > I print my page and it has a row of text down the left side that does > not show on the page on the computer. What does the text say? Is the text present on any other pages of your publication? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm you probabel...

Printing to One Page
When I print, my flowchart prints half on one page and half on another. Eventhough the chart will fit on one page. How can I fix this. Sorry I found the information on another thread. I have downloaded the update pack from Microsoft and hopefully that will help. "Rob" wrote: > When I print, my flowchart prints half on one page and half on another. > Eventhough the chart will fit on one page. How can I fix this. ...

Not to print particular cells in excel
Is there any way to not to print just cell B5 for example but print rest of the cells? You could temporarily hide column B or Row 5 but this will work only if there is nothing else in that column or row. You could temporarily set the Fill colour and Font colour to white. Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions <dhilipb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148285468.840848.287890@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is there any way to not to print just cell B5 for example but print > rest of the cells? Instead you can create a custom format and only put in ;;; as the format...

Outlook 9/2000 Print problem
Dear, Office 2000 (9) SP2 on Windows 2000 Prof. SP3 and set as IMO (Internet Mail Only). The JPeG can't print if that email created by Excel -> Insert Objcec from file -> Send to recipent. The text can print, the JPeG appear as a dead link with a red-corss icon... rgds, David and thanks!! ...