**Reminder** Vote! Publisher MVPs Greeting Card Contest

Don't forget to vote in our contest! Last day to vote is 1/31/05 CDT

http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=104

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
bkvalheim (1291)

Glad to see Marcia won.  That is a beautiful card.  Congratulations to her!
--
Donna Aten, Coordinator
Project Linus - Boise/SW Idaho Chapter

"Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP]" <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> wrote in message
> Don't forget to vote in our contest! Last day to vote is 1/31/05 CDT
>
> http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=104
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> http://www.publishermvps.com

> confers no rights.

How do I transfer/convert a file from Pagemaker to Publisher
I wish to transfer/convert an Adobe Pagemaker file to MS Publisher or MS Word. How do I do this? A-DESIGN wrote: > I wish to transfer/convert an Adobe Pagemaker file to MS Publisher or > MS Word. How do I do this? ===================== Select All / Copy / Paste? -- John Inzer Digital Media MVP Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk It isn't going to be easy. You need to open both programs and copy and paste from Pagemaker (PM) to Publisher. You will lose all fo...

Publisher 97 can't open publisher 95 files
I have a user who has over a hundred Publisher 95 files and she upgraded to Publisher 97. Now if she tries to open a .pub file (from Publisher 95) it says it can't open it in this version. I understand that 95 would not be able to open 97 but It seems strange that 97 can't open 95 files. I'd recommend that she upgrade to Publisher 2002 or 2003, but I don't know if they can open Publisher 95 files either. Anybody know of a way to open Publisher 95 files in 97 or if 2003 can open 95 files??? Thanks If your friend has recently upgraded from 95 to 97, chances are her system...

Introducing Myself to Publisher 2000
Hi, I just thought I would introduce myself to all the good people in the Publisher section. My name is Alasdair Crockett & I am based in the UK. I am presently doing a "Clait Plus course" of night classes and have just finished my "Word" exam (part 2) and passed with flying colours with the help and tutorials from the great MVPs & friends in the word Section. I am now embarking on the Publisher course as my second "core unit" as our village parish magazine is requesting help with the publishing of the monthly magazine and I would like to be able to...

How can I create a custom paper size for Publisher?
I am trying to print onto a notecard that is not any of the sizes in the drop-down box in page setup. So, I assume I need to create a new paper to add to that box. How can I do that? Setup your printer. If your printer can handle small size stock, once you input the size into the printer dialog, click custom on the page setup, the page setup should reflect the measurements from your printer. Most printers have the capability to save custom paper sizes. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KDavidson" <KDavi...

Adding value to a Gift Card
How do you recommend adding value to a Gift Card? Scenario #1 We have a customer who has a gift card with a $25 balance remaining on it and he wants to add $75 to it. Scenario #2 We have a customer who has a redeemed Gift Card (no remaining value) who wants to add $50 to the card. Any recommendations? Thanks, -- Dan Rishworth Enduro Sport, Inc. mailto:dan@endurosport.com http://www.endurosport.com/ This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_123E_01C723CB.05655A10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

set up recurring (15-min) reminders
Our library director wants our librarians to get up from the reference desk every 15 minute and walk around asking patrons if they want help. We want the ability to turn an Outlook reminder on or off every day, depending on whether the librarian is on the public service desk or not. -- ChrisC "ChrisC" <ChrisC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF91C6BD-0D1E-47BC-B2E7-9DAA1F25AB06@microsoft.com... > Our library director wants our librarians to get up from the reference desk > every 15 minute and walk around asking patrons if they want help. W...

Business Card Reader
What are people using to scan Business Cards into Outlook / CRM. Thanks, Boolean I believe cardscan.com has software... "Boolean1" wrote: > What are people using to scan Business Cards into Outlook / CRM. > > Thanks, > > Boolean > > > Yes, I have used the cardscan software with their scanning device and its very good and of course now scans into crm ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" <chadbuserncsicc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Reminders out of control
Crossposted to outlook.calendaring. Here is my problem: SYSTEM: -w2k, sp4 -outloook 2000, fully updated -several email accounts POSSIBLE CAUSE: -I copied the outlook.pst and then replaced the original with the copy, to make a defrag work better. I have done this trick many times with no problems. I check the bit count each time I do it. Everything seemed fine. Defrag went fine, no errors. SYMPTOMS: -about five zillion reminders pop up when I start outlook. -I now have reminders for everything, where it used to be just for scheduled appointments. Every new email gets a reminder. -I can&...

Pagemaker to publisher
Hi - am wondering if there is a relatively easy way to convert a file created in pagemaker to MS publisher? Thanks. Hi Dr. C (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Hi - am wondering if there is a relatively easy way to || convert a file created in pagemaker to MS publisher? || || Thanks. Mr. C, No, there is not. Your best option would be to copy/paste or drag/drop from your PageMaker publication to your Publisher publication having them split vertically on the screen. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Sit...

Reminder for Acitivities
Hi, Does MS CRM have reminders for Activities? If yes, how to set them up? Thanks. Tony When using the Web CLIENT, the activities that are due show up on the HOME Page.. but no pop up messages can be used using the browser client.. If you use the SFO, i believe it would have the pop ups because it'll integrate as part of Outlook's regular appointments >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >Does MS CRM have reminders for Activities? If yes, how to set them up? >Thanks. > > >Tony >. > Again, I thought so. Mark, do you know whether web reminder will be add...

Birthday Card templates
I'm trying to find some good templates for making Birthday Cards can anyone suggest where I might find some ? What about the ones in Publisher? -- Don Vancouver USA "Dizzy" <Dizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF65F7DD-1013-4263-9EC1-C3C4B34FA51B@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to find some good templates for making Birthday Cards can > anyone > suggest where I might find some ? ...

Publisher view size
When I open an existing Publisher page it always opens at 33% of full size. How can I set it so that it always opens at, say, 100%? Thank you! Randie wrote: > When I open an existing Publisher page it always opens at 33% of full size. > How can I set it so that it always opens at, say, 100%? Try Default Zoom at http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Hyperlinks in Publisher 2007
Is there a limit to the number of characters allowed in a hyperlink created in Publisher 2007? I have created an email campaign with text within the email formatted as hyperlinks to a website, but the links appear to be too large for Publisher to accept. Is there a workaround? Just a guess on my part; 256 characters. Can you post a sample? -- Don Vancouver, USA "DManOliver" <DManOliver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C69A496A-7A9F-4890-9E8F-0CC5CCA5A40D@microsoft.com... > Is there a limit to the number of characters allowed in a hyperlink > cr...

Reminders #16
I added the Reminders Window (from Customize, Commands, View) but the Reminders do not fire at all. Please tell me how to fix this. Thank you. Larry H., you wrote on Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:25:21 -0600: > I added the Reminders Window (from Customize, Commands, View) but the > Reminders do not fire at all. Please tell me how to fix this. Thank you. Start Outlook once with the parameter /cleanreminders Start | Run | outlook.exe /cleanreminders -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Hi Christian, I went to Start | Run and typed in outlook.exe/cleanreminders which opened Outlook. From...

Microsoft Publisher has a black square on each document.
When I create a document in Publisher it looks fine in the print preview but when I print it out an unwanted solid black square is printed - as well as the things I did want. This square does not appear in the same place on each document - it moves around. I have only had this problem since I installed Adobe Photoshop and wondered whether there is a problem connected with that. Thanks for your help. Joanne Could it be some sort of crop marks? Check your advanced print options. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ABJASP" <ABJASP@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Reminder not popping up reminder window
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3347096123_764024 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I use two displays with my MacBook Pro and I use the external display as the main monitor with my dock,etc. and I want to setup my reminders to pop-up on the laptop screen so they stand out more. Currently, the only ways I can use reminders is: * To have the window always displayed on the external monitor which makes it hard to s...

Updating a calendar from Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2003
In a calendar I created using Publisher 2000 I have specific dates and ocassions that I inserted as text under certain dates. I'm trying to upgrade the calendar from Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2003. When I select the option to update the older calendar to a 2006 calendar, I loose all the formating and dates that I had created in the older calendar. How can I transfer these dates from this older calendar (Publisher 2000) to a newer calendar in Publisher 2003? ...

publisher vs quark #2
Would I be able to open a QuarkXPress file with Publisher? JanM wrote: > Would I be able to open a QuarkXPress file with Publisher? We 'heard' you the first time! It's polite to wait more than 10 minutes before reposting. Anyway, the answer is no. Publisher will not open any files other than its own, Word documents, WordPerfect documents, HTML, plain and rich text files. You would need to have both applications installed on the same system and drag and drop or copy and paste between them and, even then, I'm not sure how successful that would be. -- My great-grandfat...

Reminders #23
I have Outlook 2007. Is there any way to have my reminders work without opening Outlook? Mike D. Mike Dobony, you wrote on Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:19:49 -0500: > Is there any way to have my reminders work without opening Outlook? Nope! -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.outlookfaq.net ...

Final Reminder
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

reminders on appointments
We have a workflow set up that creates appointments for certain users and puts these appointments into their Outlook. However, we have noticed that it is not setting the reminder, although the user has a default reminder set for 15 minutes. However, if we manually create an appointment in CRM, when it comes over to Outlook, it has the 15 minute reminder. Has anyone seen this issue before? On 16 Set, 17:07, Jeanenne <Jeane...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have a workflow set up that creates appointments for certain users and > puts these appointments into their Outloo...

Pages in Microsoft Publisher
Can you create pages in one publisher document that are different sizes, eg, Page 1 A4, Page 2 business card? Only if you setup each page manually. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Colleen" <Colleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F661EEB6-FF82-4ACA-83ED-231ACDE8A981@microsoft.com... > Can you create pages in one publisher document that are different sizes, eg, > Page 1 A4, Page 2 business card? ...

Reminders stopped reminding
We have Exchange 2003 with OL2003 clients for everybody. Everybody works in direct mode except those who have laptops and connect from home, on the laptop they have cached mode. The problem is indifferently on the cached mode or direct mode users. For the past few months I am having the same problem over and over again. Reminders stop showing up. It started with one user then 3 users and now half the company. I looked on the forums and various websites and the only solution I found was to run with the /cleanreminders switch. It works for approximately 24 hours and then again reminders stop...

Use a picture as text
I recently saw a brochure made with MS Publisher that had text that was made from a photograph. Does anyone know if this was done in publisher and if so how it's done? It was a picture of a truck on the road seen as several letters to form the picture. The letters looked like word art. Thank you "KathySam" wrote: >I recently saw a brochure made with MS Publisher that had text that was >made > from a photograph. Does anyone know if this was done in publisher and if > so > how it's done? It was a picture of a truck on the road seen as several > letter...

Where can I find templates for mini business cards?
Hi All, Has anyone found or created any templates for printing mini business cards? Thanks! Best, Deb See if you find anything in the Templates section of Office online: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/FX100595491033.aspx?pid=CL100632981033. Alternatively, search the Internet using your favorite search engine. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Deb Schiff" wrote: > Hi All, > Has anyone found or created any templates for printing mini business cards? > Thanks! > Best, > Deb ...