?make 28 page booklet & have words continue onto next page

Hi there,
Using Microsoft Publisher. I am taking a chapter from a book I've written
and trying to put it in booklet format. There should be a way to have words
just flow from one page to the next (so I don't have to cut and paste each
page). I want to cut and past the whole chapter into publisher. When I used
the setting to let it flow to next page, the "pitcher" that is supposed to
pour. It doesn't do anything.

FYI- if it makes any difference- the finished booklet with be a regular 8
1/2 x 11 folded in half and stapled. I was using the program, in part, for
its ability to correctly set up & alternate pages for printing a booklet.
There is some formatting in my chapter already.

Thanks ahead of time for your help on this!

0
jcasey (3)

Have you already created the chapter without linking text boxes? If the text boxes
are already linked, file, select all, copy and then paste. The text boxes must be
linked. Create a text box on page one and page two in the new publication, select
text box one, click the link icon, pour into text box two. In text box one, paste
your text, Publisher will automatically create pages and text boxes.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"jcasey" <jcasey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> Using Microsoft Publisher. I am taking a chapter from a book I've written
> and trying to put it in booklet format. There should be a way to have words
> just flow from one page to the next (so I don't have to cut and paste each
> page). I want to cut and past the whole chapter into publisher. When I used
> the setting to let it flow to next page, the "pitcher" that is supposed to
> pour. It doesn't do anything.
>
> FYI- if it makes any difference- the finished booklet with be a regular 8
> 1/2 x 11 folded in half and stapled. I was using the program, in part, for
> its ability to correctly set up & alternate pages for printing a booklet.
> There is some formatting in my chapter already.
>
> Thanks ahead of time for your help on this!

0
gsauer (5094)
11/28/2005 11:07:19 PM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Have you already created the chapter without linking text boxes? If the text boxes
> are already linked, file, select all, copy and then paste. The text boxes must be
> linked. Create a text box on page one and page two in the new publication, select
> text box one, click the link icon, pour into text box two. In text box one, paste
> your text, Publisher will automatically create pages and text boxes.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "jcasey" <jcasey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> > Using Microsoft Publisher. I am taking a chapter from a book I've written
> > and trying to put it in booklet format. There should be a way to have words
> > just flow from one page to the next (so I don't have to cut and paste each
> > page). I want to cut and past the whole chapter into publisher. When I used
> > the setting to let it flow to next page, the "pitcher" that is supposed to
> > pour. It doesn't do anything.
> >
> > FYI- if it makes any difference- the finished booklet with be a regular 8
> > 1/2 x 11 folded in half and stapled. I was using the program, in part, for
> > its ability to correctly set up & alternate pages for printing a booklet.
> > There is some formatting in my chapter already.
> >
> > Thanks ahead of time for your help on this!

0
jcasey (3)
11/29/2005 3:40:02 AM
xThank you.
I have now created linked pages.
I copied and pasted my chapter into the 1st page.
My chapter text appears far above and below the text box.
However, there is no "do you want overflow to go into next box" icon or
cclick option.
(as I thought there would be)
What do you suggest next?
Thank you so much, JCasey

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Have you already created the chapter without linking text boxes? If the text boxes
> are already linked, file, select all, copy and then paste. The text boxes must be
> linked. Create a text box on page one and page two in the new publication, select
> text box one, click the link icon, pour into text box two. In text box one, paste
> your text, Publisher will automatically create pages and text boxes.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "jcasey" <jcasey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> > Using Microsoft Publisher. I am taking a chapter from a book I've written
> > and trying to put it in booklet format. There should be a way to have words
> > just flow from one page to the next (so I don't have to cut and paste each
> > page). I want to cut and past the whole chapter into publisher. When I used
> > the setting to let it flow to next page, the "pitcher" that is supposed to
> > pour. It doesn't do anything.
> >
> > FYI- if it makes any difference- the finished booklet with be a regular 8
> > 1/2 x 11 folded in half and stapled. I was using the program, in part, for
> > its ability to correctly set up & alternate pages for printing a booklet.
> > There is some formatting in my chapter already.
> >
> > Thanks ahead of time for your help on this!

0
jcasey (3)
11/29/2005 3:45:03 AM
There are good assistance articles here that will help
About connecting text boxes
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030717461033.aspx
Troubleshoot connecting text boxes
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP051241491033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> xThank you.
> I have now created linked pages.
> I copied and pasted my chapter into the 1st page.
> My chapter text appears far above and below the text box.
> However, there is no "do you want overflow to go into next box" icon or
> cclick option.
> (as I thought there would be)
> What do you suggest next?
> Thank you so much, JCasey
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Have you already created the chapter without linking text boxes? If the text boxes
>> are already linked, file, select all, copy and then paste. The text boxes must be
>> linked. Create a text box on page one and page two in the new publication, select
>> text box one, click the link icon, pour into text box two. In text box one, paste
>> your text, Publisher will automatically create pages and text boxes.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "jcasey" <jcasey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi there,
>> > Using Microsoft Publisher. I am taking a chapter from a book I've written
>> > and trying to put it in booklet format. There should be a way to have words
>> > just flow from one page to the next (so I don't have to cut and paste each
>> > page). I want to cut and past the whole chapter into publisher. When I used
>> > the setting to let it flow to next page, the "pitcher" that is supposed to
>> > pour. It doesn't do anything.
>> >
>> > FYI- if it makes any difference- the finished booklet with be a regular 8
>> > 1/2 x 11 folded in half and stapled. I was using the program, in part, for
>> > its ability to correctly set up & alternate pages for printing a booklet.
>> > There is some formatting in my chapter already.
>> >
>> > Thanks ahead of time for your help on this!

0
gsauer (5094)

Make Default

How do I delete pages in Excel? Keeps printing blank pages at end.
I'm printing charts in Excel. Some of them are adding blank pages at the end of the charts. How do I get rid of these? Several ways: 1) Change the location of the chart to have its own sheet. Do this by right clicking the chart, go to "Location" and putting it on it's own sheet. Then you should be able to print it by itself without any white stuff. 2) Make sure that the page breaks are defined well. Go to View -> Page Break Preview . From there, you can move around the blue lines to determine your page breaks. Then, when you're printing it, make sure that you c...

why does my Outlook 2007 download pdf attachments in Word?
when PDF document attachments come into my email inbox, they are opened in Word, and consequently cannot be read unless saved to desktop and then opened with adobe - a convoluted process. It hasn't always been this way. What have i changed? You have changed the file association of pdf-files to open with Word instead of Adobe. There is no option to change this in Outlook as Outlook follows the settings you made in Windows. Which version of Windows are you using? One way to re-associate it with Adobe again is to right click on a saved pdf-file-> Open With...-> Choose ...

Remove Manual Page Break
Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2003. Excel Help indicates that you can "remove a page break by dragging the page break outside of the page break preview area." When I click on the page break solid blue line, I can only move it up or down. I cannot move it "outside the page break preview area." I know that I can right click in a cell below the page break and choose to "remove the page break." However, I am intrigued by the dragging option described in the help section. Is this help information indicating I should be able to drag the page break line out...

is MS Publisher compatible with Word?
Our trainers in the field need a tool that operates like Word that will hold gifs and support graphics easily and reliably. They need to be able to easily customize complicated engineering presentations for customers on short notice. Of course, they want it to operate like Word (so there isn't much of a learning curve). Is Microsoft Publisher the answer? Can you use Word to edit Publisher files? If not, is the learning curve to get up to speed on Publisher long (if you are familiar with Word)? -- DH Publisher is a snap to learn, If you can do Word, believe me, Publisher is easy. ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Template Files in Word 2007
I have a template that I would like to be available for every document that I open in Word 2007. The template contains both Macros and Styles. With Word 2003 I used to put the file in the startup folder. Do I do the same with Word 2007 or do I save everything to my Normal? -- marcia Macros will work from a template in the startup folder, but styles must be in the document template. It was the same with Word 2003. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web...

making tickets

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Publisher 2000 page control bar has disappeared
Apologies if this is a duplicate post. Re: Microsoft Publisher 2000: When I opened an 18-page document that I'd been working on for days, the page control bar was missing. I opened several other multiple-page documents and there was no page control bar on them either. I rebooted and tried again with the same results. I can get from page to page using the View menu, but that's tedious. How can I restore my page controls? On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:19:28 +0000, j3hop wrote (in article <05A78478-7371-4593-9DA8-E9873DDF5C65@microsoft.com>): > Apologies if this is a duplicate ...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Word Merge access hyperlink fields.
This is for Albert Kallal or anyone familiar with his Easy Word Merge file. I am a new user to access and have created my first database. I have downloaded and am using Albert Kallal's single word merge. I am having a problem now with hyperlink merge fields as they are displayed as an address and not a hyperlink . I would also like to know how I can merge more than 1 record to a single word document. I have based my form on a query with multiple tables, but when the form is merged only the first record in the query is displayed! Many Thanks. -- Lyndy ...

Inserting a formula into a Word Table
How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word Table so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula? Insert a formula field and do the calculations as you would in Excel. For example: { = A1*A2 } would multiply the values in cell A1 and A2. To insert the field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Type in the code. Use F9 to update the result. To show/hide field codes in the selection, use Shift+F9. To show/hide field codes in the whole document, use Alt+F9. Note that table calcul...

importing old 2000 publisher docs onto computer with 7.0 version
The new version of publisher will not update automatically my older version documents. I have many business files on the older version. Please advise how to open these older versions. They should open with 2007. Might turn off Enhanced display in View, Pictures. Publisher 2000 did not use compression, the files tend to be large and at times takes a long time to open. Large Publisher 2000 publication opens slowly in later versions of Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B289010&Product=pub2002 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Sub bullets not working Word 2007
I have a user who clicks on her bullet button, enters her data, Enters to move to the next line, then tabs to create a sub bullet. However, she doesn't get a sub bullet. Her cursor moves to indent, but the bullet doesn't promote. I don't have this problem on my machine. Any ideas? Thanks for your thoughts. Ask the user to do the following: Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing category, click AutoCorrect Options. On the AutoFormat As You Type tab, select "Set left and first indent with tabs and backspaces." Click OK...

Office X 10.1.5 Update does not update Word
I have used the Office X 10.1.5 update. After the update process I noted that Excel, Power Point, and Component Plugin were both showing Version 10.1.5 in the Get Info box. But, Word is showing Version 10.1.4 So, the question is, What version number should Word be after applying update 10.1.5 I should also note that I have been going through the same ridiculous problems with installing the updates as many others have reported on this site. I was told, specifically, to apply the three updates posted on the Microsoft website: Office X 10.1.2 Update, Office X 10.1.4 Update, and Office X 10.1.5 ...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...