URGENT

Hi everyone,

I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get
an important information from my project.
When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a
totally confused date.
How do I get this date?

Best regards,

Marco Ferreira
0
Marco
4/5/2010 6:44:45 PM
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Marco,

Try the expression ProjDateSub([Start],[Duration4]).

Best Regards,
Ismet Kocaman
MCTS, PMP

"Marco" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get
> an important information from my project.
> When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a
> totally confused date.
> How do I get this date?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Marco Ferreira
> .

You can't subtract a duration from a date.
You can subtract a date from a date, or a duration from a duration.
That's why there are different data types.
Or you can use one of the datediff functions.
--
Trevor Rabey
0407213955

"Marco" <marcopf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have to subtract a custom duration field from the start field to get
> an important information from my project.
> When I try do to that like: "[Start]-[Duration4]" the result is a
> totally confused date.
> How do I get this date?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Marco Ferreira

0
Trevor

urgent : hyperlinking excel
Dear All, I have been asked to create a report with a list of projects. When I click each name of the project, a new sheet should open with details.. Now my problem is this : 1. I have to email this report. So where can I save these details worksheets, so that others can access it? 2. Can I set the size of the worksheet window which opens? 3. How can I enter a 'back' link to go back to the main page? Plz help Best Regards, Rosetta ...

Urgent
Hi I need to increase the size of the font in a CMenu popup. At present my code for the popup is as follows: POINT pPos; ::GetCursorPos(&pPos); CMenu menu; menu.LoadMenu(IDR_POPUP2); CMenu *pContextMenu = menu.GetSubMenu(0); pContextMenu->TrackPopupMenu(TPM_RIGHTBUTTON, pPos.x, pPos.y, this); int n = pContextMenu->GetMenuItemCount(); I am aware that the CMenu class does not contain a SetFont() function so I presume I have to extend the CMenu class with my own class. I have read that I will need to overide the functions DrawItem and MeasureItem however I am unsure as to what sh...

URGENT!!! shared workbook
I have set up a custom form in excel for users to select or type data into that then sends the information to a new sheet in a list format at button click e.g Email only recontact size Budget yes no 100 5000 no yes 200 6000 I then made it a shared workbook with the necessary ranges unprotected. but say for instance i am adding new data into the form thus creating a new record it places it underneath the previous record, but if my partner is also adding new records in the shared workbook at t...

Urgently needed a tool for generating XSLT file
Hi, I am a novoice developer for XML and XSLT. I need a tool which generates XSLT files. The UI should be similar to the transformation maps we create in BizTalk; it would be greate if I can host the UI in my .Net application. Or can I host BizTalks map designer in my .Net application? Thanks, Navneet "Navneet Gupta" <Navneet Gupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB8D15B8-76A7-4BCC-BFBA-A128A580C3FC@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am a novoice developer for XML and XSLT. I need a tool which generates > XSLT files. > > The UI should be sim...

Cannot use UPN on Exchange 2003. Please assist! (URGENT)
Hi! We have an e-mail enviroment consisting of 2 Exchnage frontend servers and 3 backend servers. all connected behind IAS 2004. After tonight none of our users are able to use UPN when logging in through OWA. If they use "domain"\"username" it works. I have done all that I am "supposed to" on the servers (changing authentication to \ in the virtual servers etc.) but still the same result. If I telnet to the backend server and uses POP3 and use UPN I get the same result. It says that I have entered the wrong credentials etc. If I use "domain"\&qu...

Server OS pre-requisites for CRM 4.0
Hi. We are implementing CRM 4.0. I'm unable to find some clear suggestion about the recommended OS to use. I know that CRM 4.0 is supported by Windows Server 2003 adn 2008 - and we are going to 2008 - but... 32 or 64 bits? In other words, is there some constrain or potential problem leading to chose the 32 or the 64 bit versions? Of course, the Server OS will lead also to decide with version of SQL 2008 we will install... Many thanks for your help. Best regards Hi, here alla the information do you need: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=...

CRM 4.0 SRS on Seperate server -URGENT PLEASE HELP-
I have read the Install Guide and I cannot get CRM 4.0 to use SRS oin a remote server. It is a default vanilla instance of SRS and a fresh install of CRM. Can someone please point me in the right direction? The SRSDataconnector will not pass the environment check. Has anyone gotten this to work? What am I missing? I have a deadline to meet to get this working and I have spent 6 hours on it today. Any help is greatly appreciated. in what server are you installing the SRS connector? it must be install on the RS server, separate from the CRM server "Jstakely" <Jstakely...

Recovery Help, urgent!!! thank you.
Exchange 5.5 is sitting on the PDC of NT 4 domain. There are 5 hard drive in the box, and 1 of them just failed this morning. The directory service and IS service won't start, but the PDC is functioning properly. The exchange is spanned accross 5 of the disks. I also have the Directory and IS backed up with backup exec 9.1 from last night. What's survived are: \dsadata\DIR.EDB \mdbdata\*.LOG What's lost on the failed HD are: \mdbdata\PRIV.EDB \mdbdata\Pub.EDB \dsadata\*.log What kind of approch should I take to restore the IS once I installed the new HD. How can I get th...

SBS 2008 - BareMetal Restore failure
Dear All I am currently recovering an SBS 2008 system from the last "successful" backup. I user the server console to backup the system drive (c:) plus an d: / l: / x: drive, altogether around 800GB. I boot into the Recovery environment without any issues, select Complete PC Restore and select the option to reformat and partition the drivers click ok. When the server is reboots i get a missing \windows\system32\drivers\sacdrv.sys cannot load. If i replace this file with a known working sacdrv file it then complains about a number of other system32\drivers fil...

Data Validation Help Needed urgently !!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to write a data validation in VBA. I know I have the code right but I can't get it to work. It works fine if the validation was done dirctly in excel but I get an error when I try the same thing in VBA. Below is a snippet of the code I am having a problem with. The problem seem to be with the " Formula1:=" line. I have been scratching my head for the past 24hrs now trying to figure this out and I am still not coming up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Range("B3:C3").Select With Selection.Validation .Delete .Add Type...

Urgent
I've created functions in .Net to add/update/delete Accounts, Contacts, Notes and, from time to time when I'm debugging in .Net and goes over a line of code like: bizUser = New Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.BizUser the debugger halts and I get the error: There is no source code available for the current location (sorry if the message is not exact, I had to translate it from French which is: Il n'y a pas de code source disponible pour l'emplacement en cours. And i can't go any further with debugging. I have a Windows server 2003 Standard edition as domain controller r...

URGENT!!!! Sticky Keys???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3D397.692A05F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a user in NYC who is trying to use her arrow keys (NOT the = numeric keypad, just the plain arrows) to navigate around her Excel 2000 = spreadsheet. But instead of moving from cell to cell, the arrows are = acting to manipulate the scroll bars. We have checked every sticky key, = cleaned the keyboard, checked options, I am at a loss. Has anyone seen = this and where do I turn it off?? Help! -Monic...

Create Sheet Tabs from the List (URGENT)
I have to create worksheets of 1000 customer in a single workbook, I have listed the customers name in a seperate word file. Can I programatically create sheets from that list of customers. Any help will be highly appreciated in this regard. Murtaza Hi Murtaza, modified from code on my sheets.htm page will create form a selection that you might have pasted into Excel from MS Word. The sheets will be added to the end and cells that are not text constants will be rejected. i.e. numbers will be rejected. For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ Selection.SpecialCell...

Urgent: Strange Error After Upgrade From 7.5 to 8.0
Hi, I have faced a strange problem after upgrading to 8.0 from 7.5. This error is coming only with the Sales Transactions (Invoices), if I tried to print an edit list for batch containing invoices it is printing fine, but after printing the error message "Dexterity Runtime has encountered a problem and need to close.....". The same if I tried to post it will go to the Batch Recovery, and of course after each message Great Plains will shut down and the user stucked. Any ideas about this issue? Note: That is only happening with SOP Trx, all the others are fine. Thanks in advance....

CRM SDK : Subject : Title nVarchar datatype issue (Urgent)
HI I am trying to access the title in CRMSubject entity using the SDK method,but I am not able to retrieve the same, it gives me null pointer exception. I have tried to access other fields with the same datatype,from different entities but the same result. The scenario is as follows, I have the CASEID , using the caseid i retrieve the subjectid using CRMincident.Retrieve method. I am succesfull in obtaining the SubjectID. I use the subjectID to retrieve the title column using CRMSubject.Retrieve method. It gives me no value. When I retrieve all the columns for the subject , I ...

Problem Creating Contract through SDK (Urgent please)
I have a strange problem creating a contract as illustrated in the code below, Unfortuantely the exception thrown by MS CRM is not very helpful. contract Create(Guid accountId) { account a = Service.Retrieve(EntityName.account.ToString(), accountId, new AllColumns()) as account; if (a == null) return null; contract con = new contract(); try { //ServiceTemplate function works! Lookup t = new Lookup(); t.type = EntityName.contracttemplate.ToString(); t.Value =...

HELP! URGENT! Outlook 2k hangs up while clearing "waste basket"
Hello, after a new installation of exchange 5.5 sp4 on a win2k server and the migration with exmerge of all user folders outlook 2000 doesn't response on "clear waste basket". Any ideas? Duffy Please elaborate. Is the original server still connected to the network and in the Exchange Org? Did you do a full migration from one server to another with the same name or a different name? Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >after a new installation of exchange 5.5 sp4 on a win2k server and the >migration wit...

queue for smtp (urgent) thnx
Can I create a queue for the SMTP gateway? I have set up a Windows 2003 advance server with SMTP gateway so it would receive and send the messages sent from Exchange 2003 sp1. Is there any way that I could just create a queue on these servers so when a connection is down or something the messages will get queued without installing Exchange? Thank you. You can build a Windows 2003 Server with the SMTP service and configure it as a relay server. You can direct hosts to use it with a higher MX record cost so that when Exchange or the Internet (depending on what direction you're go...

MY NDR's doesn't leave my server
Hi evryone I have exc2003 and encouter the following problem. If someone send a mail to a user on my network that is too big for the user the sender (if he is not on our domain) does NOT get a NDR? I've send a big mail from a webmail and yahoo account and did not recieve a NDR back syaing the mail could not be delivered. Allow NDR's under internet message properties in system manager is ticked off. What else must i do to enable this as this is causing trouble where people wait for responses from my users and don't get them - Pls help me This is not the place for urgent ...

Issue with Excel 2007
I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 format which has some data and charts in it. The data is obtained using links to various other workbooks. I am able to see all data in 2003 format, however in excel 2007 format, i am not able to see the data. Is there some problem in excel 2007 with regard to the links (formulae which links to other workbooks)? Urgent, please help me at the earliest. Are your links referring to filename.xls, and you have renamed the files to filename.xlsx? Pete On Dec 14, 10:28 am, Arlette <arlette4u_2...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 fo...

#How to update a worksheet only after N interactions of DO ..LOOP cycle?? URGENT!!!
I get de following macro associated in a command button: Private Sub cmdIniciar_Click() Sheets("Folha1").Select Do tryes = tryes + 1 Sheets("Folha1").Range("b10").Value = tryes If Sheets("Folha1").Range("b14").Value = True Then End End If Loop End Sub The purpose is to produce one random aleatory data list, the problem is that Excel 2003 refreshes permanently the aleatory cell data witch makes consume all processor bandwidth. Want I need is that the active worksheet "Folha1" only refreshes when the variabl...

exchange vs pop3 (Urgent please)
When I try to use exchange as the default email account, only internal emails are processed. External ones give me a 5.1.1 message. With POP3 as default externals are processeed but internals bounce back You'll have to provide more information but lets assume that your internal address is not a fqdn that can be resolved on the Internet. Your messages will be bounce if you are attempting to use POP3. The way to go is with Exchange as the default. So the problem is why does Exchange not route? Please provide your internal address space, your POP3 address space, mail routing topology....

exchange question(urgent reply needed asap)
i have created an exchange email a/c in outlook at my home to test the exchange installation at my work. but there seems to be a prb. i can't access any of my exchange folders or even my inbox. can anyone plases help me . this is urgent Ibrahim Full mapi access needs to have multiple ports open on the firewall, including 135, and is a really bad idea. Leaves you open to far too many DoS and DDoS attacks. For external users, set them up with imap or OWA instead. -- hth, SusanV "Ibrahim@ibrahim.com" <ibrahim@ibrahim.com> wrote in message news:%23yjiXFmuDHA.3416@tk2msftn...

Count a char filed and then show Total Urgent
Hi, I have the following fields: rep orderack Blue Y I would like to be able to count all of the orderack everytime rep = blue and then total the number of Y in orderack so firstly i want to count then sum. can this be done in the same query. based on this query i am then qoing to output the data to data access page. Thanks for your help M Hi a little more info rep orderack blue Y blue Y blue Y blue Y total 4 "mahmad" wrote: > Hi, > ...

Urgent help: Money 2004 trial back to 2003
Hi. I have received money 2003 with my laptop last year and used it ever since. Resently I downloaded the 2004 trial version and used it for the monthly period. As I just use it for my home finances I didn't see a need to buy the 2004 version just yet and so I uninstalled it and reinstalled the 2003 version. The problem is that I can't open my money file anymore or restore the backup. I have tried installing the 2005 trial, but that doesn't work either. What can I do? please help... sam I can't speak for what's going on with M05. That should work, though you mig...