Unhide Tasks

Hi,

There are some Tasks lines 'hidden' - would you know how to unhide them?

Thanks and best regards,

Joanna
project 1276 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Joanna,

As far as I know, there is now to "hide" tasks (as in how Excel will
hide a row); but Project does have two features which may be at work here:

1.  Tasks can be shown in a hierarchy and you can open and close
subtasks. Look for a "+" to the left of the summary task name to open.

2.  There could be a filter applied. See Menu: FilteredFor/... Remove
the filter to take it off (it is there).

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 20/01/10 08:34, Joanna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are some Tasks lines 'hidden' - would you know how to unhide them?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Joanna
0
Rob
1/20/2010 8:53:54 AM
Joanna,

As far as I know, there is no way to "hide" tasks (as in how Excel can

On 20/01/10 08:34, Joanna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are some Tasks lines 'hidden' - would you know how to unhide them?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Joanna
0
Rob
1/20/2010 9:01:11 AM
If you are referring to Project Server 2003 and the task sheet, you have a
couple options:
* Have the project manager republish the task (not just publish, but
republish)
* If the task changes after the user hides a task (work or date changes),
that task will reappear.

"Joanna" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are some Tasks lines 'hidden' - would you know how to unhide them?
>
> Thanks and best regards,
>
> Joanna

Help, 'requested tasks' dialog box won't go away!
Hello-- Outlook 2000 is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook insists on displaying it's dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, but does not make any difference whether checked or unchecked. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a resolution? I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (that issue resolved).. Also, the send/receive icon no long appears in the tray...(XP Home) Thank you for your help! ...

Re-Assign Company also re-assigns tasks
If you are the owner of an account record in CRM & the account is re-assigned to someone else then all the activities (both open and history items!)are re-assigned to the new account owner. This is often not what is required - anyway that we can stop this so that re-assigning the account doesnt necessarily re-assign all activities related to it? Roger Sorry - please ignore this post; it's simple enough to do via Customisations, I was just loking in the wrong place before. Roger "Roger" <roger_id@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:50DBF649-9179-4275-8963-0CAE...

Unhide query
Hi I hid query (changed attributes to hidden) and I would like to see it back and I don't know how. Can you help? -- Greatly appreciated Eva Access 2003 or earlier, with the database window active == Select Tools: Options == Go to the VIEW tab and check Hidden Objects == Click OK == Go to the Queries tab == Find your query and click on it and select properties == uncheck Hidden and click ok == Go back to Tools: Options and uncheck Hidden Objects In 2007, you will need to start with the Office button to get to the option so show hidden objects. John Spencer Access M...

Hiding and Unhiding Rows.. Unhide does not work..

parallel tasks
Hello, I have a resource working over a longer time period on the same task with 20% of its time. In parallel the resource should work on other tasks using the 80% rest time. My problem is that ms project is scheduling the other tasks behind the 20% task when I use auto leveling. It looks like it is not possible to use the 80% rest of the resource. After auto leveling it looks like this: |-----------------| mike[20%] |------| mike I would expect this result |-----------------| mike[20%] |--------| mike The task takes a bit longer but is executed in para...

how do i unhide all cells on an excel worksheet?
I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose Hide. I've tried every trick I know to unhide the cells but nothing works. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks Select Format | Row | Unhide Regards Trevor "alliecallie" <alliecallie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0D6279C-D3F1-4769-88ED-09190407C40D@microsoft.com... >I selected my entire worksheet (by clicking the button in the upper-left > corner of the worksheet frame), then I right-clicked and choose H...

Display all tasks in calendar with NO overflow indicator
I would like to display and print out calendars from Porject, but force it to dispaly all tasks and not require using the overflow indicator Sorry, this is built in behavior. -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Jim G" <Jim G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46EC30B4-404B-4A63-A1F9-4FF96E61C4A9@microsoft.com... > I would like to display and print out calendars from Porject, but force it > to > dispaly all tasks an...

Why can't I delete an old task request from my inbox?
I have an old task request that I am trying to delete from my inbox and I get the following message, "Outlook cannot do this action on this type of attachment." Any idea on how I can get rid of it? Did you try Accepting the Task, then deleting it? I don't know why it's stuck. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "kuhlworship" <kuhlworship@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CD4928D-A0D8-4A8A-9325-8E304F5433F8@microsoft.com... >I have an old task request that I am trying to delete from my inbox and I >get >...

Tasks #15
I have a user that is using Outlook 2000 and after they check off a completed task it is crossed out but the task goes blank, like there is nothing there unless you double click it then it will bring up the completed task. Any way to set this where the user can view there completed tasks? Thanks -- Rex Benfield ...

Outlook 2003 duplicates tasks
When I click on send/receive I often get 4 tasks created -- two sends and two receives (even if there is only one outgoing message). And it's not just that the list is wrong -- it actually tries to download my POPmail twice and ties up my line. Nothing about this on the Microsoft web site. ...

Unhide
When I try to edit a macro I get the following error message: Cannot edit a macro on a hidden workbook. Unhide the workbook using the Unhide command. How do I get rid of this error? When I right click on the sheet, it's not hidden. -- ...

unhide fails everytime
I have a macro that hides all columns and rows with no data in them. To re-edit the thing and fill in the data, I have to unhide those rows and columns. I've got the unhide help screen staring me in the face. if I GOTO a1 and choose unhide from the format menu NADA if I select b2-> right click and unhide NADA select B1 format->unhide NADA.. excel 2003. What am I missing ? -- more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html First, I don't see an Unhide option under the Format dropdown. Are you looking at Format|sheet|unhide, format|column|Unhide, format|Row|unhide??? ...

How repeat a task on all files on a floppy drive
I have some equipment that periodicaly records some data to disk. Unfortunatly each time it records the data it creates a new file and records a great deal of extranious data. I use sneaker net to transfer the files to my PC. I can open each file (theyare text), and have written a macro to extract the data needed and place it in an excel sheet in order. However, I must open each file change its name to the name used in the macro and run the macro. This is almost as big a pain as printing each file and copying the data by hand. I see that there is a For Each ... Next structure in...

How to remove the delete assignment feature from My Tasks?
Is there a particular Server Setting that can be turned off to disallow the submitting of assignment deletion requests? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Andy -- This is one of only a few features in the Project Server 2007 that the Project Server administrator CANNOT disable. The fact that you are asking about it probably reveals that one of your PMs accidentally APPROVED a delete assignment request. :) So, because you cannot disable it, you need to make this feature a training and performance issue with both project managers AND team members. Teach your team members NOT to us...

Unhiding Sheets
Is it possible to unhide multiple sheets in excel? yes -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "venita" <venita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EE61F56-D195-4195-8188-4473F3E31091@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to unhide multiple sheets in excel? venita, it is with a macro, like this Sub UnHideAll() 'unhide all sheets in a workbook Dim sht As Worksheet For Each sht In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets sht.Visible = xlSheetVisible Next End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to ...

Unhide?
Using Money 2004 Standard... how do I unhide upcoming bills and deposits, when viewing checking register. I clicked a link to hide them, but there is no link to unhide them ... cashflow also gone in same hide. Thanks See http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=103. "Dasher" <nomail@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23UqiIJVIEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Using Money 2004 Standard... how do I unhide upcoming bills and deposits, > when viewing checking register. I clicked a link to hide them, but there is > no link to unhide them ... cashflow also gone in same hide. &...

Archiving the Task Folder
Hi All! I use the Task application of Outlook 2003 intensively. However, as many of my tasks involve attachments which must be stored with the task until completion, my Inbox file size increases rapidly, triggering company IT to send me "your Inbox is over its size limit" messages frequently. When a task is complete, I don't want to delete it in case I need to come back to it for reference. On the other hand, the standard archiving function doesn't allow much flexibility. I want to be able to archive Task items once they are complete, rather than based on a date. I...

Unhiding worksheets
I am a user of Excel 2000. A workbook that I update contains 10 worksheets, of which I hide 4 once I have updated them (on a weekly basis). Excel allows me to hide all 4 at once, however I have to unhide each sheet on an individual basis. Is there a way of unhiding all hidden sheets at once? Thanks. Hi you need VBA for this. Or try an addin. e.g.: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ExcelUtilities.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Plugboy wrote: > I am a user of Excel 2000. > > A workbook that I update contains 10 worksheets, of which I hide 4 > once I have updat...

Unhide in a macro
I have a worksheet that I am trying to automate. In this worksheet (many files I have to convert to add calculations) Columns N are hidden all the way to the right Rows 112 and on down are hidden. I need to open them up all the way to put statistical data in there. I tried to run the recorder, but it does not select M:N to unhide example: Columns("M:N").Select Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=102 Rows("110:116").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-99 ActiveWindow.SmallScrol...

How to unhide rows....when they won't unhide
I am having a repeated problem. I receive files that has hidden rows. When I Rclick and select unhide, they are still hidden. When I select Format, Row, Unhide, they are still hidden. The only way to unhide them seems to be to double click each individual hidden row. Does anyone know a better way to do this? Am I completely missing something? Thanks Not sure how you double click a hidden row. If rows 9 and 10 are hidden , I select the row headers 8 and 11, right click and use Unhide. Does this not work for you? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.c...

Outlook 2000 will not shutdown-need to End Task everytime
I don't know when this started or why. I can open and use MS Outlook 2000 fine but when I attempt to exit....it sits there with the Outlook logo. When I open the Task Manager screen, it is Not Responding and I have to always End Task. Anyone know how to fix this? There is a list of common items that can keep Outlook active in the background, but most of this list applies to Outlook 2003. 1. WinFax Pro 2. ActiveSync with PDA docked 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. Anti-virus software set to scan incoming/outgoing mail. 5. Word as the editor in unpatched versions of Office 6. CO...

Add the URL of a Task into a Task description on Workflow?
Hi there, i was wondering if it is at all possible to put the url of a task into the email that the object sends to the owner of the object (so that they can click and see the task). In the WFParameter table there's something like this: Due Date: &1160; Description: &1122; Scheduled Duration: &1144; Is there an &XXXX code for the id? Thanks, Jack. ------=_NextPart_0001_10CF516A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jack~ This may be possible to do with an e-mail activity. I would try posting this to the SDK group at microsoft.public.crm.deve...

How to unhide all?
I hide columns from I-IV(end) now i want to go to the column I(unhide all),Do i need to unhide each column by column(there is a way, i know), Pls tell how to unhide all in one click. -- Life isa journey not a destination In EXCEL 2007:- - highlight columns H and IU - right hand click (once) - Unhide All the columns that were previously hidden will now be revealed. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Sherees" wrote: > I hide columns from I-IV(end) now i want to go to the column I(unhide all),Do > i need to unhide each c...

Create task and sub-task lists using the calendar
Looking for the best way to organize 10 task subjects. Some having as many as 5 sub-tasks, as well as creating to do lists for 4 employees. I set these up in the Folder List and would like to drag these into the Calendar allowing me to print each person a To Do List. A friend suggested Categorizing ,but I like having the folders all visible in the Outlook Shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Checking a TASK to complete
When checking a task to complete is there anyway that I can have it ask for a confirmation that the task is complete? Thank you. Richard No. Don't check it unless it's complete. Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook] Acorn Training and Consulting www.acorntraining.com.au Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field Chooser and Group by Box!! "Richard Edwards" <do.not.use@do.not.use.com> wrote in message news:%23pRdaYEPGHA.428@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When checking a task to complete is there anyway that I can have it ask > for a con...